Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308785 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Naira value is turninoniown. Maybe they are trying to be careful.

What is the rate now? Saw 605 in abokifix
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
abubarakat:
Before the end of today is fine. Thank you.

Is it possible to continue the transaction elsewhere? I have sent you the default email via NL, just so we don't pollute the thread.

Okay. Will check and respond now
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
justwise:

What is the rate now? Saw 605 in abokifix

I’m selling Naira at 590. It’s dropping fast though. It was 611 yesterday.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 2:33am On Sep 02, 2020
Hello house pls I need some1 to explain for me this EU settlement scheme family permit to join. A friend of mine from Ghana told me that he got the visa , so he will be coming to the UK. He said that he married EU spouse and did the application in Ghana, he was given six months. And in the visa nothing like work . Please can one explain to me how he can use the visa in the UK. Does it mean that he will renew it when it expires, will the person gets settlement status immediately. Will the person be visiting UK .he told me that he will only stay for few months in uk and travel back to Ghana. I really want to know bc I don't know much on EU visa. Thank you

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:35am On Sep 02, 2020
Monmarri:
Hello house pls I need some1 to explain for me this EU settlement scheme family permit to join. A friend of mine from Ghana told me that he got the visa , so he will be coming to the UK. He said that he married EU spouse and did the application in Ghana, he was given six months. And in the visa nothing like work . Please can one explain to me how he can use the visa in the UK. Does it mean that he will renew it when it expires, will the person gets settlement status immediately. Will the person be visiting UK .he told me that he will only stay for few months in uk and travel back to Ghana. I really want to know bc I don't know much on EU visa. Thank you

I don't know much about this EU scheme

But your Ghanaian friend looks Asian to me.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2020
umarwy:

PAK grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fineEagle: 7:41am On Sep 02, 2020
Thank you.
Mamatukwas:

The most sure but expensive method is EMS/Nipost especially if you have loads of contraband. If not you can do regular freight for dry but non fish/beans items
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:36am On Sep 02, 2020
Monmarri:

EU Settlement scheme comes with the full package so work is definitely allowed

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you need to continue to live, work and study
in the UK.

This status means you can continue to be eligible for:

Public services, such as healthcare and schools

Public funds and pensions

British citizenship, if you meet the requirements and want to apply

Check Google for more details
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 8:43am On Sep 02, 2020
LagosismyHome:

EU Settlement scheme comes with the full package so work is definitely allowed

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you need to continue to live, work and study
in the UK.

This status means you can continue to be eligible for:

Public services, such as healthcare and schools

Public funds and pensions

British citizenship, if you meet the requirements and want to apply

Check Google for more details

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2020
Monmarri:

Thank you

They first give 6 months when you are outside UK

Once they are in the UK, the family members need to apply for pre-settled or settled status before the first family permit expires.

And then that second permit comes with the full package.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/staying-in-the-uk-after-brexit/keeping-your-family-in-the-uk-after-brexit/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2020
umarwy:

Your eyes too sharp grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by elisinho(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
What's today's rate please people
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
elisinho:
What's today's rate please people
i think it has dropped down from 605 to 595
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
kode12:
Can anyone advise on a credit card I can obtain with less than a years living history in the UK please. Most banks require more than one year which I don't have.
capital one and vanquis
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
I’d like to ask if someone without a degree (or yet to graduate) can be awarded a tier 2 visa.

For example: a job where you do not need to have a degree (say like a Software Engineer job).

Couldn’t really find anything comprehensive after searching Google
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
tshoboy:

Thanks. I actually moved to the UK less than a year ago and haven’t been able to get a credit card. I have been on the voter’s register for 8 months or about and I pay all my utilities via direct debit. However, I understand it will take a while to build the scores.
Stay away frm credit cards, why would you need one now? U want to get into debt quick??

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
erico2k2:

i think it has dropped down from 605 to 595

It is dropping like dead flies smiley ....moneyflex is 543

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gmolen(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
Greetings great people. Please I have a question regarding emergency travel ceritifcate (ETC). I need to apply for one for my daughter (a year a few months old) to facilitate our trip to Nigeria. Can I do this on her behalf, presenting all the relevant documents, her birth certificate and a copy of my pasport inclusive, since no capturing is required? Or must I go with her and my wife? I would really prefer to go alone and save them the hassle. No speicific information about children and ETC on the Nigeria high commision website, so any other information regarding the application process will be greatly apprerciated. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OlakunmiSMELTD: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Please guys, as a new student traveling from Nigeria.

What kind of food will you suggest for me to carry?
Is palm oil allowed?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Is palm oil allowed?

Palm oil/oil hack: tie in that thing we use for Moimoi that takes long to decompose. Small small wraps. Freeze to rock solid consistency. Wrap in diapers. And travel as usual. Check in only of course.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Palm oil/oil hack: tie in that thing we use for Moimoi that takes long to decompose. Small small wraps. Freeze to rock solid consistency. Wrap in diapers. And travel as usual. Check in only of course.

Ok, that white small leather we do use for moimoi right ?. I don't understand that diapers
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Is palm oil allowed?

I use god name beg you.... Leave all those load for Nigeria .... Just carry money come u go see all those things buy when you come. ....
They might likely seize and destroy it...
Thank me later ....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Is palm oil allowed?

Palm oil can pour and it is easily found in UK...I would say no need for this item

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
All these extra kilo when u can buy from African store?

Mamatukwas:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2020
U saw it too? Nationality: PAK

justwise:
[/b]

PAK grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 11:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Is palm oil allowed?
Nop, they will intimidate you at the airport to bribe them, so just forget it, Its sold in our local shops if U are passing fru london.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
It's not a must to have a degree before a company can sponsor you on a tier 2 visa with a valid certificate of sponsorship.

You just need to write an test to proof your knowledge of English.

Olalekank:
I’d like to ask if someone without a degree (or yet to graduate) can be awarded a tier 2 visa.

For example: a job where you do not need to have a degree (say like a Software Engineer job).

Couldn’t really find anything comprehensive after searching Google

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:16am On Sep 03, 2020
omopapa:
U saw it too? Nationality: PAK

That is not the only funny thing about that post.. gender indication in that image is: F while the post is talking about he

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kwell(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2020
Monmarri:

Please is your friend already in the UK or he’s yet to eNter. I have a cousin whose EU permit has expired as well and is confused if he’s to apply again or email the home office for a visa replacement. He’s yet to travel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.