Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307352 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2020
Inkredible:

Heard he's trying to get the money back. How is that even possible?

Hopefully if the scammer has assets, he could use the courts to claim something (only if assets are fully paid)......

But I bet, queue go plenty....... And financial institutions would unfortunately be 1st in the queue (others would have to become vultures)......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Hopefully if the scammer has assets, he could use the courts to claim something (only if assets are fully paid)......

But I bet, queue go plenty....... And financial institutions would unfortunately be 1st in the queue (others would have to become vultures)......... smiley

Unfortunately so. £27mil huge abeg.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2020
Waterrise tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2020
The climb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2020
Mamatukwas:

If I catch you ehn grin grin
Just wait till the end of the month and we would have crossed the N600 mark cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2020
The give up

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2020
The Summit

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2020
The Fogless View

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2020
Man: Pay and frolic inside this cave.

Me: You sonamabish, I'm in.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2020
icon8:

Just wait till the end of the month and we would have crossed the N600 mark cheesy

Sigh. Unfortunately you’re very likely right cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by pretts(f): 9:23am On Aug 25, 2020
Hello @Mamatukwas,

Please I sent you a PM. Kindly respond.

Mamatukwas:

Use me jor. I can give you at N595. Instant payment. No fees.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2020
pretts:
Hello @Mamatukwas,

Okay. Good morning.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2020
pretts:
Hello @Mamatukwas,

I think I’ve responded twice now. So please check.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tolajay: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
wallg123:

I don’t live in the north but I know that health workers are currently in high demand all over the UK. ....
Also most cities up north are cheaper to live in comparison to London, Essex,Birmingham and Manchester......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good afternoon everyone,

Please who understands how resident street parking works in England?

I'm about to rent a flat without a parking space, it's in a Controlled Parking Zone. I've done some research but what I find weird is that after paying for permit, there's no guarantee that I'll park in front of my flat - I'll just get a slot on the street.

No car yet, I intend getting a car early next year.

Has anyone lived in such a street please? The flat is nice, just want to know if it's worth the stress.

South East London if that helps.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
My brother you resident street permit is not a guarantee that you can park in front of your house/flat. Any other resident can park there (first come first serve)However, you can park on any space around the street and make sure your permit is on display on your dashboard if not you’ll still chop parking ticket � .....
Also don’t stress until you ready to buy motor � as getting permit isn’t a big deal ......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
HiddenID:
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm about to rent a flat without a parking space, it's in a Controlled Parking Zone. I've done some research but what I find weird is that after paying for permit, there's no guarantee that I'll park in front of my flat - I'll just get a slot on the street.

Has anyone lived in such a street please? The flat is nice, just want to know if it's worth the stress.

Thanks.

On certain days, be prepared to do some walking exercise.......... cheesy

If you want a parking space, almost inside your lounge......

Another finer property, is just another view away....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

On certain days, be prepared to do some walking exercise.......... cheesy

If you want a parking space, almost inside your lounge......

Another finer property, is just another view away....... grin
Lol true grin

Also can't imagine what happens when I have a visitor with a car and the likes

Thanks jare
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
HiddenID:
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks.
If you want to park in front of your house just get a place with it’s own private drive or private parking slot. Only disabled residents can park in front of their property. Street parking in London there’s no guarantee that you will even get a space on your street, talk less of in front of your house.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
HiddenID:

Lol true grin

Also can't imagine what happens when I have a visitor with a car and the likes

Thanks jare

Apply for visitors parking permit from your council it’s not very expensive they come in booklets.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Inkredible:

Heard he's trying to get the money back. How is that even possible?

Very possible, his asset worth £47M has been frozened, so Conte will definitely get his money back

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
justwise:

Very possible, his asset worth £47M has been frozened, so Conte will definitely get his money back

Possibly some, but maybe not all......... Do you know how many people he swindled?

Is property still on a mortgage?.....

Do you know if he got first charge lenders, on his neck......... So not as easy as ABC.........

So conte would still shed some premium tears........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Possibly some, but maybe not all......... Do you know how many people he swindled?

Is property still on a mortgage?.....

Do you know if he got first charge lenders, on his neck......... So not as easy as ABC.........

So conte would still shed some premium tears........ grin

Even if the property is still on mortgage they can still get a lot of money from it, Conte stayed in that property when he was in London..so i think it worth a lot when remortgaged.

Yes he ripped off about 10 other people but he will go to prison if he failed to pay back .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
marylandcakes:

If you want to park in front of your house just get a place with it’s own private drive or private parking slot. Only disabled residents can park in front of their property. Street parking in London there’s no guarantee that you will even get a space on your street, talk less of in front of your house.

Wow, thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
justwise:

Even if the property is still on mortgage they can still get a lot of money from it, Conte stayed in that property when he was in London..so i think it worth a lot when remortgaged.

Yes he ripped off about 10 other people but he will go to prison if he failed to pay back .

Are you sure property does not already have first charge, second charge, third charge etc etc, lenders attached........

That's my point.......

I think he would prefer prison, for his personal safety.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Are you sure property does not already have first charge, second charge, third charge etc etc, lenders attached........

That's my point.......

I think he would prefer prison, for his personal safety.......... grin

..and still pay the money..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
For flight fares in dollars,what site do they use for the conversion to naira?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
Inkredible:
The Fogless View

Welcome back, keep updating us with pictures, at least we can bookmark to admire grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
famzynet:
For flight fares in dollars,what site do they use for the conversion to naira?

Where is site domiciled?......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 2:53am On Aug 26, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Best believe it! Next time @me with your chest! It’s okay to have a different opinion! I’m shocked at your ‘shock’! undecided
I'm sorry I don't involve myself in social media arguments/fight. I only give my opinion too.and I believe this is a public forum where we can share our opinions without disrespecting each other.peace smiley

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 7:51am On Aug 26, 2020
fatima04:

Welcome back, keep updating us with pictures, at least we can bookmark to admire grin grin

cheesy Thanks dear. Unfortunately most of the good pictures are too large to upload.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2020
Mobilipia:
I'm sorry I don't involve myself in social media arguments/fight. I only give my opinion too.and I believe this is a public forum where we can share our opinions without disrespecting each other.peace smiley

I hope so too RE: Opinion without disrespect. It will be nice if our mouth and actions can align. Peace smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.