Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304968 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
erico2k2:

Wow, not a nice review. Was it Covid-19 induced? Anything i can find "fun" in the location?
Security abd social status? Ease of life? Cheap livelihood?

Grimsby is a dead or dying town, no offence, it was o nce a fishing stronghold, but all of its industries has wound down. apart from Healthcare life is a struggle!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
lizboa:
Thanks @lot for your response , thank you @Bourne007 thank you @Justwise.

Just wanted to chip in if you have an offer from BCU, you can choose that one. It gives you most things you are looking for in terms of job opportunities and no need to be relocating in the future

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
Where can we find such persons outside here? I am still trying to get used to this platform
erico2k2:

you need to know the mkt rate ie abokifax, then target people who send money to 9ja monthly cos they do in bulk ie 1k to 2 k pounds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sounds nice.

realking:
This is only applicable to spendings from Naira account abroad. Currently in most bank, domiciliary account can move up to 10k USD every 2 weeks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Vooom:
Where can we find such persons outside here? I am still trying to get used to this platform
you can only achieve this through word of mouth!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=Vooom post=95327499][/quote]
nah this was from ages ago,it has been declining since 2002 yeh that far back.The nearest place to go out would be Hull! across the humber bridge!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hmmmm

I would be resuming one of the NHS facility there in some weeks time
shocked
erico2k2:

nah this was from ages ago,it has been declining since 2002 yeh that far back.The nearest place to go out would be Hull! across the humber bridge!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oggg: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pls has anyone recently applied for Tier 2 or Tier 2 dependent and paid for priority service? Pls how much was it? Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
It's £220 as stated on TLS website
Oggg:
Pls has anyone recently applied for Tier 2 or Tier 2 dependent and paid for priority service? Pls how much was it? Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oggg: 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Yemisih:
It's £220 as stated on TLS website
Thank you.
I saw a different amount on www.gov.uk hence my confusion.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TemmyDavies(m): 4:16am On Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys, I am in need of suggestions regarding cheap university options around Manchester,Coventry,Birmingham or Bristol, trying to process study in the UK fkr my younger sister who is currently in Nigeria but i need to know available options from people who has been in the UK, currently in the uk and thise processing, open to all opinions
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:25am On Oct 26, 2020
TemmyDavies:
Hello guys, I am in need of suggestions regarding cheap university options around Manchester,Coventry,Birmingham or Bristol, trying to process study in the UK fkr my younger sister who is currently in Nigeria but i need to know available options from people who has been in the UK, currently in the uk and thise processing, open to all opinions

Nothing like cheap university in the UK...... She would be paying foreign student fees.......... (hope your chest + account thick)........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dafemnet: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2020
Hi everyone, pls I want to exchange Naira to GBP. Can anyone help, its urgent pls.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2020
It depends on your course timetable, if it's such with one or 2 days a week lecture, them living in Leeds is doable. I hope you are coming with your partner

lizboa:
That it is 85% Asian community and there are a number of violent crimes and the possibility of getting a job while studying after studying is low.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:41am On Oct 26, 2020
dafemnet:
Hi everyone, pls I want to exchange Naira to GBP. Can anyone help, its urgent pls.

Story never complete..... State your expected forex rate.......... grin

It seems some people slept in 2001, just woke up in October 2020............... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 11:07am On Oct 26, 2020
Hello people,

I got an offer for masters in De Montfort University, Leicester (January). I'd like to get opinions about staying in school accommodation while working on jobs. Should a prospective student who wants to work alongside rule out staying in school accommodation?? Also, what's the job market like in Leicester? What kind of jobs are easy to get there? What should I expect living in Leicester?
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
someone will benefit greatly from writing a book about every single city in the UK and monthly job market scenarios for students!! its unending!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
iCode2:
Hello people,

I got an offer for masters in De Montfort University, Leicester (January). I'd like to get opinions about staying in school accommodation while working on jobs. Should a prospective student who wants to work alongside rule out staying in school accommodation?? Also, what's the job market like in Leicester? What kind of jobs are easy to get there? What should I expect living in Leicester?
Thanks.

Avoid student accommodation if you are on budget, private renting is a lot cheaper.

Regarding student part time jobs.. your focus should be on jobs like supermarket customer service assistant, care, warehouse associates, security guards etc.

After graduation job...get yourself any job fair app, register and you will be receiving job fair alerts around the UK , attend recruitment events as many as you can, you will get a lot of info and contact from companies

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Vooom:
[Seems i have found someone in a location i have been skeptical about
quote author=Rubygold1 post=94676347]Hello. I have just been allocated to work at Bradley Complex, Grimsby. Could we hook up via email or chats pls? My email address is petitenurse1@gmail.com. Kindly drop a message for me
Hi Vooom, trust you are well, just saw your post inquiring about Grimsby. Have you made up your mind. I live and work in Grimsby.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
justwise:

Avoid student accommodation if you are on budget, private renting is a lot cheaper.

Regarding student part time jobs.. your focus should be on jobs like supermarket customer service assistant, care, warehouse associates, security guards etc.

After graduation job...get yourself any job fair app, register and you will be receiving job fair alerts around the UK , attend recruitment events as many as you can, you will get a lot of info and contact from companies
Wow thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Beenkay(f): 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
justwise:

Thanks @justwise
This advise came right on time.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Who has traveled to naija recently please?

Has anyone had troubles using NHS test?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wroskian(m): 6:08am On Oct 27, 2020
Anyone traveling to the UK this week?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=Vooom post=95315184][/quote]
They will sell at BDC rate check abokifx for the current rates.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2020
umarwy:

I know at least 5 people who travelled since the airport opened with the last mid oct to lagos using NHS test. No issue whatsoever ...

the only issue has been finding a test site within 96hours because some times there no test

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 9:20am On Oct 27, 2020
umarwy:

Couple of people have used it without issues. @ Lexusgs430’s Mum and some other NLers here have also used it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I know at least 5 people who travelled since the airport opened with the last mid oct to lagos using NHS test. No issue whatsoever ...

the only issue has been finding a test site within 96hours because some times there no test

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2020
tshoboy:

Couple of people have used it without issues. @ Lexusgs430’s Mum and some other NLers here have also used it.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ykaa(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
justwise:

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lizboa: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thank Fatima, BCU was actually my first option cuz at least I know people there , but then I saw the modules offered by Bradford and kinda preferred it plus theirs is also accredited not sure if that really matters though, will think it through well well sha thanks again

fatima04:

Just wanted to chip in if you have an offer from BCU, you can choose that one. It gives you most things you are looking for in terms of job opportunities and no need to be relocating in the future

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tinadear: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
@ justwise, Lagosismyhome.
What your view about Huddersfield. I am January intake at the University of Huddersfield with Special Educational needs, in prospect of job while studying and after school. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Tinadear:
@ justwise, Lagosismyhome.
What your view about Huddersfield. I am January intake at the University of Huddersfield with Special Educational needs, in prospect of job while studying and after school. Thanks

I never schooled in UK.... so no clue on their education system

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.