Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307280 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
They said u still have to pay 51k for a repeat test when you get to 9ja even with ur NHS test result

umarwy:
Who has traveled to naija recently please?

Has anyone had troubles using NHS test?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
omopapa:
They said u still have to pay 51k for a repeat test when you get to 9ja even with ur NHS test result

Very true..... That's the rule, but when you don't pay for the NHS styled certification, it cushions covid19 financial blow............

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Tinadear:
@ justwise, Lagosismyhome.
What your view about Huddersfield. I am January intake at the University of Huddersfield with Special Educational needs, in prospect of job while studying and after school. Thanks

Huddersfield is a good university , very quiet city though, it is just 20-25mins away from Bradford, 45-50mins away from Manchester and . They have noticeable population of Asians though not as much as Bradford.

Just like many cities in the UK student jobs are the same, customer service, care, security guard, warehouse etc. Like someone mentioned here..after graduation you can move to other part of the UK, Manchester is very good job wise, Sheffield which is not far from Huddersfield is another good city to look for job after graduation

Since you have Special Educational needs the university will give you all the help you want, getting a job within the university will be your best bet.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Devisiyi(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
omopapa:

thank you

On a side note

I am planning on driving to Nigeria from UK sometime in the future (4 days drive), I was wondering if there's anyone who has done any touring in the past or is interested in joining me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:51am On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:
thank you

On a side note

I am planning on driving to Nigeria from UK sometime in the future (4 days drive), I was wondering if there's anyone who has done any touring in the past or is interested in joining me.

That weird moment, Google maps is telling someone, that an elephant, is actually a goat........... cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:54am On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:
thank you

On a side note

I have toured Europe on wheels, but unfortunately, would NEVER be joining you.........

Go alone in peace (or pieces)............ Hopefully, you would return whole......... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SholaonGod(m): 2:23am On Oct 28, 2020
please guys I want to know if it's easy for a Nigerian male nurse to work in UK (USA , Canada) as RN over there
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:47am On Oct 28, 2020
SholaonGod:
please guys I want to know if it's easy for a Nigerian male nurse to work in UK (USA , Canada) as RN over there

100%. Once you pass your husky........ Start earning.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:49am On Oct 28, 2020
SholaonGod:

A thread is already available from a Nigerian trained nurse, who already relocated to the UK.........

Hunt the thread down.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:04am On Oct 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I know at least 5 people who travelled since the airport opened with the last mid oct to lagos using NHS test. No issue whatsoever ...

the only issue has been finding a test site within 96hours because some times there no test

Boots to the rescue, for only £120 + 12 minutes only, of your time.......... wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:
thank you

On a side note

angry angry angry angry angry I think this time you are better off going on your own. What kind of jeep will you be using? Through the desert ? Libya etc. Have you really thought properly about this because it’s more like a suicide mission. Touring through Europe is different to touring Africa. I wish you good luck because you are going to need it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:11am On Oct 28, 2020
marylandcakes:

angry angry angry angry angry I think this time you are better off going on your own. What kind of jeep will you be using? Through the desert ? Libya etc. Have you really thought properly about this because it’s more like a suicide mission. Touring through Europe is different to touring Africa. I wish you good luck because you are going to need it.

Thanks for the nice words.

UK - France - Spain - Algeria - Niger - Nigeria

I am actually thinking of a hybrid vehicle no necessarily a Jeep ( I hate Jeeps). Cars that would go on my list must have low breakdown rate and easy repairs/parts across the route.

Not a suicide mission, and I have had it in my mind for years.

I am sure I would come across someone as passionate in time

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:18am On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:

I am actually thinking of a hybrid vehicle no necessarily a Jeep ( I hate Jeeps). Cars that would go on my list must have low breakdown rate and easy repairs/parts across the route.

A hybrid vehicle?.... You are hoping to run on EV, at intervals?..... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2020
Thank you Oga Justwise, for removing my handcuffs (after I soro soke)........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tinadear: 8:18am On Oct 28, 2020
Thank you sir
justwise:

Huddersfield is a good university , very quiet city, it is just 20-25mins away from Bradford, 45-50mins away from Manchester and . They have noticeable population of Asians though not as much as Bradford.

Just like many cities in the UK student jobs are the same, customer service, care, security guard, warehouse etc. Like someone mentioned here..after graduation you can move to other part of the UK, Manchester is very good job wise, Sheffield which is not far from Huddersfield is another good city to look for job after graduation

Since you have Special Educational needs the university will give you all the help you want, getting a job within the university will be your best bet.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SholaonGod(m): 8:59am On Oct 28, 2020
Thanks for the honest answers , I'm really grateful .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2020
SholaonGod:
please guys I'd like to know if it's easy for a Nigerian 'Male' Nurse to work as a RN in UK (US , Canada)

You have asked and a response was provided up.... why ask the same question again. Instead of saying thanks and going to find the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working#41953409

https://www.nairaland.com/5268048/adventures-uk-bound-nurse

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:51am On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:

Have you researched your journey from Algeria to Niger?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2020
marylandcakes:

Have you researched your journey from Algeria to Niger?

Yes, still ongoing though. The scariest part for me currently is 22hrs on ferry and traveling within naija.

I still have time to gather more info as my trip is still probably about 3-5 years in the future

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SholaonGod(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2020
thanks Lexus and lagosismyhome

I didn't know my questions has been answered . I'm a new (nairaland) user . I'm deeply sorry .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On Oct 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

You have asked and a response was provided up.... why ask the same question again. Instead of saying thanks and going to find the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working#41953409

https://www.nairaland.com/5268048/adventures-uk-bound-nurse

Remember, Shola is relying on God........ Buhari gave them a special name (well, before they went rogue recently)......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2020
SholaonGod:
thanks Lexus and lagosismyhome

I didn't know my questions has been answered . I'm a new (nairaland) user . I'm deeply sorry .

No wahala.... oya start so you fit join us quick quick for UK. Since naija no dey appreciate its talent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

No wahala.... oya start so you fit join us quick quick for UK. Since naija no dey appreciate its talent

We appreciate but can't express the appreciation grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hehehe this will be interesting o. Never heard of anyone that’s done it but what’s ur itinerary. I can tag along

umarwy:
thank you

On a side note

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lexus please come o, I need your help (as usual)

I’m meant to resume work in civil service but they said that because my spousal visa is expiring in Dec, that I have to get an outcome of my second visa (flr), before I will be allowed to resume.

Shey all I need to do is show proof that I have applied to renew my visa and then I will be allowed to work for another 3 months? Because Home office has a huge backlog and haven’t even answered someone that applied for their extension in September.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:
Who has traveled to naija recently please?

Has anyone had troubles using NHS test?

Nope. But you need to pay for another test in Nigeria prior to landing, otherwise you will be kept waiting at the airport on a long queue.

This is the website https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/homepage

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
umarwy:

The highlighted share a border with Libya and Mali, a wilderness of endless desert filled with terrorists. It would take a very brave person to even think of attempting this journey.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Boots to the rescue, for only £120 + 12 minutes only, of your time.......... wink

The Boots 12 minutes test is a PR stunt. It hasn't been externally validated, plus, they also take a second sample which is sent to a Lab with results expected with 48 hours. The in-store test might take 12 minutes but you still have to wait for the second sample they send to a Lab. That second sample is the definitive externally validated one.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I’m meant to resume work in civil service but they said that because my spousal visa is expiring in Dec, that I have to get an outcome of my second visa (flr), before I will be allowed to resume.

Shey all I need to do is show proof that I have applied to renew my visa and then I will be allowed to work for another 3 months? Because Home office has a huge backlog and haven’t even answered someone that applied for their extension in September.
Oya while waiting, please how did you fill in the application? Any tips?
I also saw employment history and another section with Previous skills and experience,do you know the difference between the two?
I am also considering joining the civil service. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Unfortunately, all you can do is present proof of application......... (which is adequate).......

From one government organisation to another, they are fully aware of backlogs.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I would think an evidence of application should suffice. When it happened to me back in 2018, i submitted a copy of the visa appointment confirmation to HR. Then after a couple of days, I was sent an approval form to be signed, allowing them to access the visa information with Home office.

Afer the check, home office issued a Verification Notice valid for 6months, which confirms my right to work. So I believe a similar process should apply to your case.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.