Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305993 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
EngrSaks:

The developers [b]are usually the biggest winners, but like I said it's a good way to [/b]enter the property ladder...its not really the best.

HTB is usually for new builds...

In every country, the business model is to make money. The new builds we did for naija as contractors ehn na ish grin grin.

For me sha i like new houses since I dey live in one as a renter grin. Nothing like tear rubber house
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
fatima04:

In every country, the business model is to make money. The new builds we did for naija as contractors ehn na ish grin grin.

For me sha i like new houses since I dey live in one as a renter grin. Nothing like tear rubber house

grin

Make una buy investment property next sha (old house)...e nor bad if you collect rent too o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:16am On Nov 10, 2020
Bourne007:
Halifax for me

Why not Birmingham & Midshires........ Loads of mortgage providers are never available on the High Street........... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:20am On Nov 10, 2020
erico2k2:

good one but gettign a bank Loan would count against him as he would be in debt to that % already in the 1st instance,Dont forget your outgoing plays a vital role in the % or APR you are going to be given

I again disagree..... You can get a bundle mortgage (part loan + part mortgage)..... A combination of both.........

I say again....... Wahala is like a bicycle........ I love to ride and stroke it......... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:23am On Nov 10, 2020
RalphJean:

For the sake of my sanity, I will pretend that cum & come mean the same thing.
I will ignore my earlier thoughts that the former is closely related to cassava & condensed milk.
At least for the sake of mortgages, I will pretend that to come in pieces is to cum in pieces.

Oga, I can see you always visit the top shelf sextion..... grin. At the off license........ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:34am On Nov 10, 2020
Just buy a new house jejely oo if you go buy a haunted house grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 12:37am On Nov 10, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

Na Oyibo ghost suppose dey fear person wey grow for naija grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 12:46am On Nov 10, 2020
EngrSaks:

Na Oyibo ghost suppose dey fear person wey grow for naija grin

Abi ooh!!

Here where people buy houses next door to grave yards
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:01am On Nov 10, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

What about if the new build site, was previously a cemetery or hospital.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:04am On Nov 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I again disagree..... You can get a bundle mortgage (part loan + part mortgage)..... A combination of both.........

I say again....... Wahala is like a bicycle........ I love to ride and stroke it......... cheesy
How does this work? most bank will give you 85% how do one get teh balance 15%?
ost of the time, you cannot use a personal loan for a down payment on a house. Conventional and FHA mortgages prohibit the use of personal loans as a source for down payments. Even if you can find a lender that will allow you to use a personal loan, it is unlikely to be your best option for a down payment.(copied)

NB I was blocked by the anti Spam Bolt I had to mail the administrators here to unblock me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:06am On Nov 10, 2020
fatima04:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:08am On Nov 10, 2020
fatima04:

Till all the joints, starts getting disjointed..... And NHBC insurance don expire......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:09am On Nov 10, 2020
marylandcakes:

Abi ooh!!

Here where people buy houses next door to grave yards

You kill pesin....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:13am On Nov 10, 2020
erico2k2:

How does this work? most bank will give you 85% how do one get teh balance 15%?
ost of the time, you cannot use a personal loan for a down payment on a house. Conventional and FHA mortgages prohibit the use of personal loans as a source for down payments. Even if you can find a lender that will allow you to use a personal loan, it is unlikely to be your best option for a down payment.(copied)

NB I was blocked by the anti Spam Bolt I had to mail the administrators here to unblock me

It's a combo mortgage and loan application, usually from the same lender....... The beauty of a broker........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:16am On Nov 10, 2020
RalphJean:

Waiting...
back
Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme (2021-2023)

https://www.helptobuy.gov.uk/equity-loan/help-to-buy-equity-loan-2021-2023/
have a look at these option to those who want these schemes

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:28am On Nov 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

It's a combo mortgage and loan application, usually from the same lender....... The beauty of a broker........ grin
AHAHA Brokers ke, noh now you talk the matter.wey those wey say brokers nah waste of time, I jst ask one of my guy now and the answer was in the afirmative.he also told me this can make you xcape PMI(private mortgage Insurance) grin grin grin grin na wah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 1:30am On Nov 10, 2020
fatima04:
In addition to all the points raised best interest i see is usually for 5years which means you are committed to the lender for that period.

Basically this also helps the house appreciate in value so also an opportunity to have a good mortgage repayment for that period. .
How can we as Muslims take advantage of mortgage because riba isn’t allowed for us. Gives me headache cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:35am On Nov 10, 2020
tshoboy:

How can we as Muslims take advantage of mortgage because riba isn’t allowed for us. Gives me headache cry
are you in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 1:37am On Nov 10, 2020
erico2k2:

are you in the UK?
Yeah smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:40am On Nov 10, 2020
tshoboy:

Yeah smiley
This must be easy then if you go to Friday prayers just ask people you meet there cos there are loads of Muslims owning Mortgages 2 doors from me are Muslims from Bangladesh, So ask them there Im sure they will point you to the right direction.

This might help as well
https://www.moneysupermarket.com/mortgages/islamic-mortgage/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:38am On Nov 10, 2020
erico2k2:

AHAHA Brokers ke, noh now you talk the matter.wey those wey say brokers nah waste of time, I jst ask one of my guy now and the answer was in the afirmative.he also told me this can make you xcape PMI(private mortgage Insurance) grin grin grin grin na wah

Brokers have more mortgage financial products, than anyone can imagine..........

A good broker, is like an underground train.... They usually MIND THE GAP & FILL THE GAP...... If you know..... You know....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 3:43am On Nov 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You kill pesin....... cheesy

But it’s true nah.
Africans too attach too much importance to irrelevant things.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 3:46am On Nov 10, 2020
tshoboy:

There are some banks that have special mortgages for Muslims, speak to your bank or a mortgage broker.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Till all the joints, starts getting disjointed..... And NHBC insurance don expire......... grin

True but old houses dey get problems oo. The previous places i have lived ehn from mould every time, to leakages, to rat, boiler problems and condensation ehn on top of that yeye creaking sounds. Its only the new one we rented for almost 2 years now, no wahala at all. Hence my experience.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2020
tshoboy:

There are some muslim lenders that you can try and get. During my research, I learnt its means lower LTV, higher interest rates (saw 3 to 5% interest vs 1.8% from conventional banks) and then visa restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2020
marylandcakes:

But it’s true nah.
Africans too attach too much importance to irrelevant things.

Hahahha, go watch His house for Netflix. Oyinbo ghosts they vex too much grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:32am On Nov 10, 2020
fatima04:

True but old houses dey get problems oo. The previous places i have lived ehn from mould every time, to leakages, to rat , boiler problems and condensation ehn on top of that yeye creaking sounds. Its only the new one we rented for almost 2 years now, no wahala at all. Hence my experience.

Rats embarassed.... chei in this abroad.
This is one animal I cant stand. I cant then imagine been in the same house with them

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:34am On Nov 10, 2020
erico2k2:

This must be easy then if you go to Friday prayers just ask people you meet there cos there are loads of Muslims owning Mortgages 2 doors from me are Muslims from Bangladesh, So ask them there Im sure they will point you to the right direction.

This might help as well
https://www.moneysupermarket.com/mortgages/islamic-mortgage/
Thank you. I will do that and check this link out.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:35am On Nov 10, 2020
marylandcakes:

There are some banks that have special mortgages for Muslims, speak to your bank or a mortgage broker.

Thanks. I will do that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2020
fatima04:

There are some muslim lenders that you can try and get. During my research, I learnt its means lower LTV, higher interest rates (saw 3 to 5% interest vs 1.8% from conventional banks) and then visa restrictions.
Chai. Can you remember any of them?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Nov 10, 2020
fatima04:

True but old houses dey get problems oo. The previous places i have lived ehn from mould every time, to leakages, to rat, boiler problems and condensation ehn on top of that yeye creaking sounds. Its only the new one we rented for almost 2 years now, no wahala at all. Hence my experience.

Are you attempting to compare a jaguar E type to a jaguar XJ............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2020
Bourne007:
10 years on T2 outside of the maximum length? It's also point based so must meet the financial requirements else grounds for refusal.

Applicant must be special to the secretary of state ọ grin

Haha you’re not serious! It’s the dependents that got the 10 years, not the applicant. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.