Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306071 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
Swiftlee:
Good morning friends,
I need help. My Nigerian ATM cards are not working here in the UK. I get declined for every transaction.
Please, help me with how I can pounds exchanged and transferred to a friends account till I get it rectified. I have contacted my Nigerian banks already.
Please, I am in need.
cc: Justwise lagosismyhome

If you have online access, do a trade by barter........

Your plenty naira, for a few pounds sterling....... cheesy

NB : State amount you want, a few aboki's are on this thread......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
Still don't understand why people will take naira to UK or a depend on a Nigerian ATM when moving abroad. You should have alternative. Naira is not exactly xyz outside naija
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Chai I go vex o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
DisGuy:

Chai I go vex o

Disguy is an aboki.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Disguy is an aboki.......... cheesy

Aboki Mallam!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
DisGuy:
Still don't understand why people will take naira to UK or a depend on a Nigerian ATM when moving abroad. You should have alternative. Naira is not exactly xyz outside naija

The power of the naira...... Remember, it's a currency from the giANT of Africa......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Swiftlee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Thanks bro. Omobaba has come but name does not sound like aboki grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2020
Exactly what they’ve reduced Nigeria too. A man was taken kidnapped from his house in broad daylight by our so called Armed Forces Bandits while his wife was locked up in a room with their child. His family still cannot reach him up till now.

Lexusgs430:

The power of the naira...... Remember, it's a currency from the gi ANT of Africa......... smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2020
Swiftlee:

Thanks bro. Omobaba has come but name does not sound like aboki grin

He grew up in the North........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
Mimzyy:
Exactly what they’ve reduced Nigeria too. A man was taken kidnapped from his house in broad daylight by our so called Armed Forces Bandits while his wife was locked up in a room with their child. His family still cannot reach him up till now.

Don't let me send lie mohammed, to you o....... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2020
erico2k2:

you do know they do not have to physically deposit the money there though, its all paper.However the house should know there is a wee fraud going about where an Estaate agent collects deposit from people and go burst!it happened to a mate of mine and up to 30 people were owed!

If the person is struggling to get his money back, take it to RICS/property ombudsman, all property agents handling Clients Money should be on the CMP scheme. Also in such situations run-off cover PII for when a company cease to exist. So such funds can be claimed back. Of course it may take a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Swiftlee(m): 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:

He grew up in the North........ wink
Maiduguri shocked shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jaynero(m): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2020
Good day people.

Please what is the best way to sell naira for pounds? I have a UK account but most of my savings are still in my Nigeria Naira account.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
Jaynero:
Good day people.

Please what is the best way to sell naira for pounds? I have a UK account but most of my savings are still in my Nigeria Naira account.

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
https://twitter.com/prinzgbemi/status/1327895559571697664?s=21

Lexusgs430:

Don't let me send lie mohammed, to you o....... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cchimaa: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
will do that.
thanks
wallg123:

Good stuff.. so apply for Barclays credit card since you already bank with them. I did the same thing those days when I was a student and I’ve still got the card up until now. Apply online it’s easy and straightforward .... all the best
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2020
Bring ur Naira bro

Jaynero:
Good day people.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Omoolobi: 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2020
Hey guys,
Pls for a new comer to Heathrow Airport, which terminal will one go to?

I'm going to Hertfordshire.

I'm trying to book trainline to my destination from d airport, but I see a lots of terminal points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, underground etc.

Our seniors, pls help oh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
Omoolobi:
Hey guys,

I'm trying to book trainline to my destination from d airport, but I see a lots of terminal points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, underground etc.

Our seniors, pls help oh

Your arrival Terminal is dependent on the airline used.

But I believe there is a free underground train between terminals
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
Omoolobi:
Hey guys,

Our seniors, pls help oh

Post Edited:
I meant Thameslink from Finsbury Park. Greater Anglia trains don’t go through Hatfield.

Option 1: Underground-National Rail
Take Piccadilly Line from any of the terminals Straight to Finsbury Park.

Get on the Greater Anglia Thameslink train Service to Hatfield (I am assuming that Hertfordshire, you meant the closest to the University). Otherwise you need to be a little more specific about where in Hertfordshire precisely is your final destination.

Option 2:
Take Uber from Heathrow to your destination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
Mimzyy:
https://twitter.com/prinzgbemi/status/1327895559571697664?s=21

I have formed a habit NEVER to take at face value, all I see on SM.............. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2020
Omoolobi:
Hey guys,

Our seniors, pls help oh

Egypt airlines will be terminal 2 .... then look out for signs to underground and follow RalphJean post

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:15am On Nov 17, 2020
RalphJean:

Option 1: Underground-National Rail
Take Piccadilly Line from any of the terminals Straight to Finsbury Park.

Get on the Greater Anglia train Service to Hatfield (I am assuming that Hertfordshire, you meant the closest to the University). Otherwise you need to be a little more specific about where in Hertfordshire precisely is your final destination.

Option 2:
Take Uber from Heathrow to your destination.

Option 2 is expensive o. But "expensive" is subjective. E fit be shikini money for you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 1:17am On Nov 17, 2020
Mamatukwas:

No wahala. Hit me up.

Good day Mamatukwas. I want to send stuffs to Nigeria. How do we make contact
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:26am On Nov 17, 2020
Abeg I wan renew this naija passport. As the embassy don run go close na, I dey contemplate pay now or leave am when them don open.
Anyone else on this boat?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ritskotixy: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2020
Greetings everyone!
I have been seriously troubled at heart lately. By God's grace, January 2021, I shall be coming to the UK with my spouse for masters prog at Edinburgh. I am worried because she is pregnant going to 4months and we just have roughly 2m for survival when we land. From my calculations, after settling down and other factors, her due date would be close by. Obviously, i would be the only one to be working during this period.
I just want to ask if the IHS fees paid covers delivery/maternity?
Are there any benefits for child deliver?
Will this funds plus the little hours i hope to work be okay for us pending when she ll be fit to assist?
Please those with living experience over there kindly advice me.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2020
ritskotixy:
Greetings everyone!
I have been seriously troubled at heart lately. By God's grace, January 2021, I shall be coming to the UK with my spouse for masters prog at Edinburgh. I am worried because she is pregnant going to 4months and we just have roughly 2m for survival when we land. From my calculations, after settling down and other factors, her due date would be close by. Obviously, i would be the only one to be working during this period.
Will this funds plus the little hours i hope to work be okay for us pending when she ll be fit to assist?
Thanks.

IHS will cover all the maternity and delivery cost

However if you planned on surviving based on the two combined income then this would be greatly impacted and much harder . She might not be able to work for a long time because where would she keep the baby and childcare cost is not cheap . Maybe if lessons are online and you the man take care of the baby while she working. Maybe then ..... as the tier 4 you can only do 20 while she could do unlimited hours

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Akin4sure: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
Good day, pls I need help from a woman precisely that can help me out in the UK with my business, I deal with okirika ( children wears) and I have been duped with not buying the exact grade of clothes I ordered, pls can I get real company names I can contact and they can ship to Nigeria for me. Pls help a sister trying to survive, pls , your u can put post here by quoting me . Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Thanksss: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Good afternoon fam please I'm seriously in need of everyone's help and advice, going for Masters in Birmingham dis January wit wifey. Our plan is that I will be going to school while spouse will be doing full time job to help pay the
Second 50% tuition fee.

We've already paid 2000 out of 6400 first part payment and we have the 2400 that we can easily pay but the problem now is that we were thinking we going to get loan of 2000 to add up wit the 2400 we have to pay by January, but all the finance house are not willing to give us the loan...

Please I Don't know if there's anywhere or anyone that gives loans to international students which I will repay with whatever interest charged.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ritskotixy: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
LagosismyHome:

IHS will cover all the maternity and delivery cost

However if you planned on surviving based on the two combined income then this would be greatly impacted and much harder . She might not be able to work for a long time because where would she keep the baby and childcare cost is not cheap . Maybe if lessons are online and you the man take care of the baby while she working. Maybe then ..... as the tier 4 you can only do 20 while she could do unlimited hours

thanks for your response but can we rotate the childcare between ourselves or it must be just one person? Because some of my lessons ll be online.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
One person have to look after the child while the other partner is in school or working. So since your lecture is online, she can work when you are home receiving lectures. And then when you work she will be home with the baby

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
ritskotixy:
Greetings everyone!
Thanks.
That 2m will barely last you 5 months if you are on a very tight budget. When baby arrives then childcare will have to be factored in as well.If you find a job immediately at £10ph (~£800pm) then things will be better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.