Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306180 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 12:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

We would mix yours with wine (red wine)........ grin

Not only red wine, palm wine too. grin
When you have taken your vaccine, I mean the MRNA one, I will wait then I will take mine.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:23am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

Me I dey fear this vaccine. The little microbiology/biochemistry courses I took at uni are coming back to me and I know that MRNA has to do with dna nucleus. There is no way I am going to allow anyone to inject another organisms dna into me. What of if like spider man the two DNA fuses to form a different organism?
Everything that is happening today we used to watch in films, so no one should come here and say it can’t happen because the truth is nobody really knows. It’s all trial and error.

See that bolded?
It shows one or two things;
Either that You had an extremely rubbish “biochemistry/microbiology” course.
Or
The little you remember has left you Mis/Ill-informed.

If your biochemistry & Microbiology teachers in Uni failed to teach you the central dogma of molecular biology:
DNA->RNA->Protein
Then you need to get your money back.

But as my own lecturer in Uni was fond of quoting Alexander Pope:
“A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep or taste not of the Pierian spring. There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again”

Besides, the Astra Zeneca vaccine is not an mRNA Vaccine.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 12:25am On Nov 27, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Lol if nursing was a passion, it would have been the first degree! Lol

People need to be care and not be misled. They can’t practice nursing with a masters in nursing unless they have a first degree in nursing. It’s a professional course, you gotta have the first deg to practice.
You can practice nursing with a pre-registration MSc. I’ve seen lots of people do that and they are quialified nurses now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kode12: 12:38am On Nov 27, 2020
brine:
Hi guys, does it makes sense for your Uni in Uk to provide unsigned and unstamped letter although with letter heading as proof of qualification for Tier 2 application?

This was included in the last paragraph:
"Please note this letter is unsigned and unstamped at the moment as I am working from home with limited facilities.

Yours faithfully"
This is a very stupid excuse. The poorest of universities have digital stamping and signing in place for staff to authenticate documents.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:45am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

I never said I wouldn’t take the vaccine, I will take the weakened form of the virus not the DNA.

She will take an attenuated form of the virus, including the entire genetic material & the viral glycoproteins.

But she will not take the DNA.

See sense abeg...

I go chop entire dog (including the brain and tail and paws and nose) wey den don commot the teeth, but I no go chop a slice of dog liver because If I chop am, I fit end with 2 livers.

Sense no go kee me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AdaAsaba: 12:47am On Nov 27, 2020
Hello House please I want to send some stuffs to Nigerian. Please can you recommend anyone
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AdaAsaba: 12:49am On Nov 27, 2020
RalphJean:

She will take an attenuated form of the virus, including the entire genetic material & the viral glycoproteins.

See sense abeg...

I go chop entire dog (including the brain and tail and paws and nose) wey den don commot the teeth, but I no go chop a slice of dog liver because If I chop am, I fit end with 2 livers.

Sense no go kee me.

LMAO
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 12:50am On Nov 27, 2020
RalphJean:

See sense abeg...

Sense no go kee me.

You sure say your name no be SOLOMON ?because you too wise .... lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 1:05am On Nov 27, 2020
RalphJean:

See that bolded?
It shows one thing.
You had an extremely rubbish “biochemistry/microbiology” course.
If that is what you were taught, then you were cheated, big time.

Besides, the Astra Zeneca vaccine is not an mRNA Vaccine.

Since you claim to know it all. Maybe you should tell us what MRNA is all about. When I was at uni you were still in pampers.

Also for your information there are about three to four types of the vaccine available. You are always fond of rubbishing people’s opinion in a very rude and arrogant way. Please don’t quote me if you haven’t got any manners.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:05am On Nov 27, 2020
AdaAsaba:
Hello House please I want to send some stuffs to Nigerian. Please can you recommend anyone

Just click on this name:
Mamatukwas

Stuff sending will be sorted.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:13am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

Since you claim to know it all. Maybe you should tell us what MRNA is all about. When I was at uni you were still in pampers.

Also for your information there are about three to four types of the vaccine available. You are always fond of rubbishing people’s opinion in a very rude and arrogant way. Please don’t quote me if haven’t got any manners.

Shots fired........ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

Also for your information there are about three to four types of the vaccine available. You are always fond of rubbishing people’s opinion in a very rude and arrogant way. Please don’t quote if haven’t got any manners.

grin grin grin grin

Not pampers.
It was napkin, 2 safety pins and mana’s old wrappers made into little rectangular rags.

If you don’t want to take vaccine, it’s okay.
Your life, your choice.
That is ok.

What is nit okay is fir you to come to a public forum and be brandishing ‘science’ that is at best bunkum.
You can just say: you no wan any vaccine.
But to want to justify your decision with some very dodgy ‘biochemistry/microbiology’ no way.

If you wanted to know about mRNA and get a crash course in vaccinology, you could have approached it differently.

Imagine someone who has never taken a course in biochemistry reading your post... you would have ended up mis-informing the Un-informed.

I guess that defeats the purpose of this thread, and indeed this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 1:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Messenger RNAs, also known as mRNA, are one of the types of RNA that are found in the cell. This particular one, like most RNAs, are made in the nucleus and then exported to the cytoplasm where the translation machinery, the machinery that actually makes proteins, binds to these mRNA molecules and reads the code on the mRNA to make a specific protein. So in general, one gene, the DNA for one gene, can be transcribed into an mRNA molecule that will end up making one specific protein.

Lawrence C. Brody, Ph.D.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gbolly101: 1:24am On Nov 27, 2020
Aphrodite007:

People need to be care and not be misled. They can’t practice nursing with a masters in nursing unless they have a first degree in nursing. It’s a professional course, you gotta have the first deg to practice.
Thanks for this. Please that’s the probability of staying after my masters of I continue in construction project management
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gbolly101: 1:25am On Nov 27, 2020
Gbolly101:

Thanks for this. Please that’s the probability of staying after my masters of I continue in construction project management
thanks for this . Please what’s the probability of staying after my masters if I go for construction project management ...thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:27am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

Messenger RNAs, also known as mRNA, are one of the types of RNA that are found in the cell. This particular one, like most RNAs, are made in the nucleus and then exported to the cytoplasm where the translation machinery, the machinery that actually makes proteins, binds to these mRNA molecules and reads the code on the mRNA to make a specific protein. So in general, one gene, the DNA for one gene, can be transcribed into an mRNA molecule that will end up making one specific protein.

Lawrence C. Brody, Ph.D.

https://www2.le.ac.uk/projects/vgec/highereducation/topics/geneexpression-regulation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22433/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26887/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:33am On Nov 27, 2020
Gbolly101:
thanks for this . Please what’s the probability of staying after my masters if I go for construction project management ...thanks

First, do a job search.
What jobs would you like to stay back and do?
What qualifications do you need to get those jobs?
What comparative advantage do you have, over other applicants?

That is a good place to start.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 1:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

grin grin I’m up for a debate but I can’t stand people who are very rude and try to insult you just to try and make their point. Just because we are on a faceless forum does not mean we should throw etiquette out of the window. Without even reading my statement properly....Just imagine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:37am On Nov 27, 2020
Aphrodite007:

But this isnt true and a misinformation

This is the second time I am seeing this comment. Please let give information we are sure about

In UK, the master in Nursing is tailored that after they graduate it gives them a licence to go on to work as a nurse within that particular sector in nursing .

Please read more about Masters in Nursing with Pre-registration ... it would help yclarify and understand that after the two year master program (irrespective of what the first degree was ) it allows the student to become a registered nurse in the UK.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:46am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

Me I dey fear this vaccine. The little microbiology/biochemistry courses I took at uni are coming back to me and I know that MRNA has to do with dna nucleus. There is no way I am going to allow anyone to inject another organisms dna into me. What of if like spider man the two DNA fuses to form a different organism?
Everything that is happening today we used to watch in films, so no one should come here and say it can’t happen because the truth is nobody really knows. It’s all trial and error.

Me neither ..... it's a waka pass for me and my household .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:41am On Nov 27, 2020
AdaAsaba:

Happy to help. Please send a PM.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:42am On Nov 27, 2020
RalphJean:

Just click on this name:
Mamatukwas

Stuff sending will be sorted.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 3:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Then you added petrol...

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Nov 27, 2020
Mimzyy:
Then you added petrol...

No ó.... I applied fire blanket........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 3:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Lolz. Daddy wa. Elo sun.

Lexusgs430:

No ó.... I applied fire blanket........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Mimzyy:
Lolz. Daddy wa. Elo sun.

Bat no dey sleep for night.......... tongue

Not with all this acutely ill covid patients on my bleep..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Who else is watching..... Is covid racist.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:03am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Who else is watching..... Is covid racist.........

Hummm I go check it out and watch .....

COVID affected the BAME key workers in UK a lot the first wave but remains relatively low in African countries. ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:07am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Abeg explain..... it affected the BAME key workers in UK a lot the first wave but remains relatively low in African countries.

Keyworkers in the UK, are majorly from the BAME sector of the society........

If people would naturally be affected, it would be from the BAME sector........

What is saving African countries are - :

- Poverty
- Visa restrictions
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Yakeeboy:
I can’t take a Nigeria girl abroad that won’t bear my name lol

Oshey chairman taken association of Nigeria

"Nigerian girl". I thought you are married

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:12am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Hummm I go check it out and watch .....

COVID affected the BAME key workers in UK a lot the first wave but remains relatively low in African countries. ...

Lack of adequate PPE'S & confusing messages from NHS England......

NHS England, simply tweaked the norm, to suit their inadequate provisions of essential equipments required, to battle the virus.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:12am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

For me if they don't make the vaccine compulsory, and or make it difficult to exist of one don't take it.

I will wait make them use the first 5 years do testing first abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.