Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306063 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:13am On Nov 27, 2020
Olinga:
Good day everybody.

Please, my total payable tuition fee is £16,950. I got discount of £4,000 and I have paid £7,500 so far, leaving me with a balance of £5,450 payable, my school is located outside London £1023 x 9 = £9207.
A total of £14,657 is needed as POF for me. Using oanda’s exchange rate is will be needing NGN7,415,410

My dad is my sponsor and he has NGN6,954,930
I have about NGN3,000,000 in my personal account, which makes up the POF.
Now the issue is in my account I have withdrawn and deposited funds in it since the past 28days but it has never gone below NGN2,000,000. To be clearer in the last 28days I started with an opening balance of NGN7,000,000 but right now I have about NGN3,000,000.

Please will the inconsistencies in my account be an issue for visa purposes.

If you are worried about funds in account not been enough, pay additional school fees.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:14am On Nov 27, 2020
umarwy:

Oshey chairman taken association of Nigeria

"Nigerian girl". I thought you are married

Nah the Nigerian girl hin marry nah......... cheesy

That marriage automatically means everything nah 50/50............ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:17am On Nov 27, 2020
umarwy:

For me if they don't make the vaccine compulsory, and or make it difficult to exist of one don't take it.

I will wait make them use the first 5 years do testing first abeg.

Let's hope within that 5 year period, you manage to keep escaping Unku covid.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Let's hope within that 5 year period, you manage to keep escaping Unku covid.......... grin

Something must kill a man.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2020
umarwy:

Something must kill a man.

All die nah die....... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Keyworkers in the UK, are majorly from the BAME sector of the society........

If people would naturally be affected, it would be from the BAME sector........

What is saving African countries are - :

- Poverty
- Visa restrictions
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

- Poverty
- Visa restrictions

The virus obviously went through the population in Nigeria for instance, did what it could to those whom it could affect, and the rest went on with life.
Apart from what happened in Kano for a while, there were no generally noticeable excess deaths and so the people not unreasonably concluded that Covid na scam and went on with their lives and destroyed economy.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2020
umarwy:

For me if they don't make the vaccine compulsory, and or make it difficult to exist of one don't take it.

I will wait make them use the first 5 years do testing first abeg.

These are my thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:24am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Me neither ..... it's a waka pass for me and my household .

No one wants to be anyone’s guinea pig.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:43am On Nov 27, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

The virus obviously went through the population in Nigeria for instance, did what it could to those whom it could affect, and the rest went on with life.
Apart from what happened in Kano for a while, there were no generally noticeable excess deaths and so the people not unreasonably concluded that Covid na scam and went on with their lives and destroyed economy.

Nigeria never escaped, but had a fortunate escape...... It's presumed all infections, like our tomato paste..... All imported....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ltkwemzie(m): 7:44am On Nov 27, 2020
Please I need £1000, anyone who can change, I have naira
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

- Poverty
- Visa restrictions

I think what saved African is the excessive consumption of anti-malaria medicine ..... we’ve been struggling with malaria from birth and most of our immune system would have been strengthened by these anti- malaria medication thereby making our system resistant to COVID-19 with us knowing.....

That’s the only explanation why we never die finish for COVID-19 for Africa ......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2020
wallg123:

I think what saved African is the excessive consumption of anti-malaria medicine ..... we’ve been struggling with malaria from birth and most of our immune system would have been strengthened by these anti- malaria medication thereby making our system resistant to COVID-19 with us knowing.....

That’s the only explanation why we never die finish for COVID-19 for Africa ......

I would not argue with your view....... So those that died, did not use malaria medications?......

Madagascar apple juice, was nothing more than malaria medication............ (best to serve chilled)....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

- Poverty
- Visa restrictions

How does the virus know rich and (poor) poverty that its able not to disturb poverty.......

Ehnnn wonders, so finally poverty get advantage cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

How does the virus know rich and (poor) poverty that its able not to disturb poverty.......

Poor people tend to live in close proximity to one another, that’s one school of thought.
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that this vaccine is being tested on the poor people of Brazil mainly.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

Poor people tend to live in close proximity to one another, that’s one school of thought.
I’m surprised no one has mentioned that this vaccine is being tested on the poor people of Brazil mainly.

When you talk of social distancing. ..... then living in close proximity would make the virus flourish but yet no high numbers in Africa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I would not argue with your view....... So those that died, did not use malaria medications?......

Madagascar apple juice, was nothing more than malaria medication............ (best to serve chilled)....... grin

I’m sure you are aware if you have underlying medical conditions increases you chance to die once the virus hit you ?. ..

If you don’t practice good hygiene even god no go fit save u from disease hope you know too ? ..
Do you know that everything individual has a different body system ......

You can tell us why you think Africa isn’t as affected as the rest of the world ...lol.... no call poverty before I go send ikorodu boys come collect COVID-19 palliatives from your house ....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2020
wallg123:

I’m sure you are aware if you have underlying medical conditions increases you chance to die once the virus hit you ?. ..

If you don’t practice good hygiene even god no go fit save u from disease hope you know too ? ..
Do you know that everything individual has a different body system ......

You can tell us why you think Africa isn’t as affected as the rest of the world ...lol.... no call poverty before I go send ikorodu boys come collect COVID-19 palliatives from your house ....

COVID19 is a suppressing virus....... Comorbidities is one factor, environmental factors is another....... I am concentrating on environmental factors.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2020
marylandcakes:

My sister you hear the number of deaths in countries like Brazil, Mexico, India and co ?...

I think if at all they trying out the vaccine in Brazil will mean the government of Brazil want to give die population a chance ....
person wey de die no go complain if him see 1% chance of surviving....... .....
Make I go smoke my Egbo before Lexusgs430 wake
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

When I said poverty...... Poor people might not be able to travel, to places with high infection rates.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2020
wallg123:

My sister you hear the number of deaths in countries like Brazil, Mexico, India and co ?...

I think if at all they trying out the vaccine in Brazil will mean the government of Brazil want to give die population a chance ....
person wey de die no go complain if him see 1% chance of surviving....... .....
Make I go smoke my Egbo before Lexusgs430 wake

I never sleep yet, but soon..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

When you talk of social distancing. ..... then living in close proximity would make the virus flourish but yet no high numbers in Africa

Human traffic is the only way the virus seems to travel....... Hence my poverty angle....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:03am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Human traffic is the only way the virus seems to travel....... Hence my poverty angle....

You might be right with the poverty angle ...
if person no fit afford water to drink, how can that person afford water to use wash hand or nyash ?.... Only God knows why he is merciful to us in Africa .....if not for him we for done extinct

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I can only assume that Africans that have the virus will be asymptomatic , so they just get on with their daily lives.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

- Poverty
- Visa restrictions

I'm having a hard time knowing why this narrative is being pushed around in the UK. The site below shows that BME make up less than 11% on average of the total key workers across the UK across the key worker areas.

Site - https://www.health.org.uk/chart/black-and-minority-ethnic-workers-make-up-a-disproportionately-large-share-of-key-worker

The ONS also shows that white ethnic group still makes over 80% of the UK's population which would mean majority status across most of the workforce in most occupations excluding those that majorly serve minority ethnic groups.

ONS - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/ethnicity/articles/ethnicityandnationalidentityinenglandandwales/2012-12-11

Is there a reason why this narrative of BAME making up the bulk of NHS key workers is being pushed around? Even the NHS site has white ethnic group making almost 80% of its workforce (excluding care and GPs in training - the 'trust jobs')

Site - https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/workforce-and-business/workforce-diversity/nhs-workforce/latest

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Chukwuka16:

I'm having a hard time knowing why this narrative is being pushed around in the UK. The site below shows that BME make up less than 11% on average of the total key workers across the UK across the key worker areas.

Site - https://www.health.org.uk/chart/black-and-minority-ethnic-workers-make-up-a-disproportionately-large-share-of-key-worker

The ONS also shows that white ethnic group still makes over 80% of the UK's population which would mean majority status across most of the workforce in most occupations excluding those that majorly serve minority ethnic groups.

ONS - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/ethnicity/articles/ethnicityandnationalidentityinenglandandwales/2012-12-11

Is there a reason why this narrative of BAME making up the bulk of NHS key workers is being pushed around? Even the NHS site has white ethnic group making almost 80% of its workforce (excluding care and GPs in training - the 'trust jobs')

Site - https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/workforce-and-business/workforce-diversity/nhs-workforce/latest

I agree because my husband and I have had this discussion before. .... apart from one job he worked in east london. Majority of his other work and during training it is majority white ethnic group that he has observed works in the NHS
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Yakeeboy:
I can’t take a Nigeria girl abroad that won’t bear my name lol

Well, different strokes for different folks. There are numerous advantages when your spouse bears a different last name from you here in the UK and if you are a business person. You both are distinct individuals to any client thus creating that professional outlook.

As the marriage certificate don show say A & B are now H&W and you both have and continue to have 'koinonia' along with the usual newspaper change and affidavit, the usual admonition is to let her be - use it to your advantage.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I agree because my husband and I have had this discussion before. .... apart from one job he worked in east london. Majority of his other work and during training it is majority white ethnic group that he has observed works in the NHS

I'm suspecting Labour being behind this narrative since they are migrant friendly. Yes, the bulk of low level staff in the key worker sectors MAY have a disproportionately higher level of BAME staff but overall na 'oyinbo' still get their country.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Chukwuka16:

I'm suspecting Labour being behind this narrative since they are migrant friendly. Yes, the bulk of low level staff in the key worker sectors MAY have a disproportionately higher level of BAME staff but overall na 'oyinbo' still get their country.

What I can think about is maybe at the start of the covid. A lot of white took off and took time off. While Bame felt it more money to their pocket and either were taking more shifts in the frontline or been forced by their supervisors to take these shift even without adequate PPE
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2020
He knows what he’s talking about, he’s a Dr. (a PhD holder) in Virology for that matter.

Abi make I blow the trumpet Doc?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RetiredHoodlum(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Please today make it the 15th working day after someone UK application here.... No response so far lipsrsealed embarassed

Please how can one contact tls through phone number? Maybe that could help

Do they want other country visa on the passport to expire before they return the passport ni Cos it won't be funny o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Chukwuka16: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

What I can think about is maybe at the start of the covid. A lot of white took off and took time off. While Bame felt it more money to their pocket and either were taking more shifts in the frontline or been forced by their supervisors to take these shift even without adequate PPE

Ah, that would make sense. Of course the white folks have all the support they can need while most BAME staff have to battle with No Recourse to Public Fund. Unfortunately, we have also had very high death rates among the BAME group too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.