Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305093 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
justwise:

No I can’t hand over such documents to you .
your ID can be covered all numbers all unique identity, but your name should show only. that is all i need. blind all numbers let only the name show so i will know you own the account you are sending money from. if you are sending money to an account that carries the same name as yours in NIGERIAN BANK i need no ID at all from you only if uk account name is different from receiving account name in NIGERIA

@justwise this is a job and my visa does not stopped me from doing a paid job. i never told you i own a business.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nwauwa(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
Good day everyone.
Please can 43 years old single female with HND surveying and PGD financial management to move to uk to study and change career to social care or paediatric nursing?

What schools would you recommend or what is the best route for her ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:
I offer services of sending naira to Nigeria from Uk. i have full KYC procedures required before i can accept pounds into my account from you or anyone. you must present one ID, name on ID must be the same name on sending account, also you must write on a piece of paper authourizing the said payment to me. if you can do all things you can contact me for fast secured deal. i also provide my ID to you for verification, proof of address will also be given. my rate is N638 to a pound. rate changes everyday. email solutionboxteam4u2019@gmail.com , you can also get me on whatsapp which i could have dropped but the fear of justwise is the beginning of wisdom.

In as much as the hussle is real , you are playing with fire doing this on a student Visa.

Once the bank start to observe some kind money in and out you can be subjected to all sort of red flag. Offcourse I know you have a back up explanation but it's really until trouble happens you see HMRC red eye

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
LagosismyHome:

In as much as the hussle is real , you are playing with fire doing this on a student Visa.

Once the bank start to observe some kind money in and out you can be subjected to all sort of red flag. Offcourse I know you have a back up explanation but it's really until trouble happens you see HMRC red eye
AS far company i am with is registered with E-money cert, as far i didnt steal people money or forced them to send money, when all funds to be received will be issued with invoice of transanctions, when all taxes would be paid.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:
your ID can be covered all numbers all unique identity, but your name should show only. that is all i need. blind all numbers let only the name show so i will know you own the account you are sending money from. if you are sending money to an account that carries the same name as yours in NIGERIAN BANK i need no ID at all from you only if uk account name is different from receiving account name in NIGERIA

@justwise this is a job and my visa does not stopped me from doing a paid job. i never told you i own a business.

Bro i have my doubt about this, this is not a student job.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:
AS far company i am with is registered with E-money cert, as far i didnt steal people money or forced them to send money, when all funds to be received will be issued with invoice of transanctions, when all taxes would be paid.

I will suggest you slow down until you get PWS or a proper work permit else you are likely to run into trouble.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
justwise:

I will suggest you slow down until you get PWS or a proper work permit else you are likely to run into trouble.
noted sir. thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tersughyina: 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
Mamatukwas:

I have replied you. Thank you.

Ma please check your mail. been hoping for a reply. thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
icon8:

Have you tried Mamatukwas on here?

Thank you Sir.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
tersughyina:

Ma please check your mail. been hoping for a reply. thank you

Checking now.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Igengo: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
Good day to everyone in the house. Please your advice and guidance is needed in the area of securing jobs for someone planning to join his spouse(Tier 2 skilled worker route) in the UK. What and what to do or how to navigate the UK labour market and if there's skills to quickly acquire upon arrival to enhance chances of securing jobs

BRIEF PROFILE:

*B.Sc Geology

*M.Sc Petroleum Geoscience both in Nigerian University

*Barely 1yr experience during Post graduate Internship

*Currently a project manager with 4yrs experience in Telecommunications services industry(Equipment Installation and site maintenance). Had to quickly grab the telecom opportunity as Oil industry no give green light. If the desirable is not available, then we make the available the desirable.�

*Data Science Enthusiast (A beginner though)

Kindly give your honest heads up ��
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ELff: 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

In the aboki world, it's all about trust....... You cannot get scammed..... Simply because, you receive funds first, then transfer equivalent.........

Just ensure you check your bank account that funds have hit, before you remit...... No go fall for Oluwole sms.......

Remember, you might charge commission, if people calculate moneyfex etc etc, and the rate is negligible, you lose that forex business....

The rate of forex might be high this minute and plunges the next....(although not happened of recent times) So it's a game of day after day....... grin

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Trajan(m): 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hello ogas in the house,

Please, I urgently need to get to Lagos. Is there a way to secure an emergency travel document from our Naija embassy at this time as my passport has not been sorted yet by the embassy??

Thanks in advance!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Trajan:
Hello ogas in the house,

Please, I urgently need to get to Lagos. Is there a way to secure an emergency travel document from our Naija embassy at this time as my passport has not been sorted yet by the embassy??

Thanks in advance!

I was told the embassy doesn't stop issuing Emergency travel certificate in lockdown. However not sure if it issued on certain days in the week or if its daily.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
kode12:

This tranzfar looks fair though. Atleast 99p till 31st. After then, we move! Although this their website looks very insecure, I hope hushpuppi's boys wont be sitting at the other end grin grin

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2021
nwauwa:
Good day everyone.
Please can 43 years old single female with HND surveying and PGD financial management to move to uk to study and change career to social care or paediatric nursing?

What schools would you recommend or what is the best route for her ?

Age is just a number in the UK, and your marital status doesn’t matter. As far as you don’t mind studying with young people, just apply for the course you want.

Good luck.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I was told the embassy doesn't stop issuing Emergency travel certificate in lockdown. However not sure if it issued on certain days in the week or if its daily.

I thought the embassy was shut?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
Trajan:
Hello ogas in the house,

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know if the embassy is open o, but ETC is on Fridays. Someone said they travelled without one, if you’re brave you can give it a try.

Me I got mine quietly, because I don’t like to speak too much English at Nigerian airports.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
Igengo:
Good day to everyone in the house. Please your advice and guidance is needed in the area of securing jobs for someone planning to join his spouse(Tier 2 skilled worker route) in the UK. What and what to do or how to navigate the UK labour market and if there's skills to quickly acquire upon arrival to enhance chances of securing jobs

BRIEF PROFILE:

*B.Sc Geology

*M.Sc Petroleum Geoscience both in Nigerian University

*Barely 1yr experience during Post graduate Internship

*Currently a project manager with 4yrs experience in Telecommunications services industry(Equipment Installation and site maintenance). Had to quickly grab the telecom opportunity as Oil industry no give green light. If the desirable is not available, then we make the available the desirable.�

*Data Science Enthusiast (A beginner though)

Kindly give your honest heads up ��

Anything you want to become. Search for it on UK job sites, arrange your cv to resemble what they are looking for. And pray you get it.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Trajan(m): 7:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I don’t know if the embassy is open o, but ETC is on Fridays. Someone said they travelled without one, if you’re brave you can give it a try.

Me I got mine quietly, because I don’t like to speak too much English at Nigerian airports.
Thanks for your prompt answer.
Please, how did you get yours?
Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I thought the embassy was shut?

Shut to passport yes and regular service but when my MIL was denied boarding due to expired passport. The Airline staff said the embassy must always be open to offer Emergency Travel certificate (ETC) and truly she called Nigeria high commission in my presence who surprisingly picked one dial ( but call them yourself they never pick). The person on phone confirmed that yes ETC is been issued which even made Airline agree to deny boarding that day .

This was during wave 1

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nwauwa(m): 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Age is just a number in the UK, and your marital status doesn’t matter. As far as you don’t mind studying with young people, just apply for the course you want.

Good luck.
Thank you. It’s not for me, it’s for my aunt. We were worried that age is not on her side for what she wants to pursue.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RetiredHoodlum(m): 10:51pm On Jan 25, 2021
Good day landers. Thanks for all the info a D encouraging talk all time.....

I'm holding a UK visitor visa 2years currently, and my cousin D been really on me to come over to the STATE for his wedding that I'm going to be his best man that will we in the 3rd quarter of the year tho...

I did my UK all myself and other places I've been too with the help of information I gathered herr and other places...

1) I need help on my application
2) I've checked some threads on usa interviews but not really helpful as the threads I saw are dead kind of.. If you here can help with with some active usa thread on here pls
3) I'll be glad if I can see any one that is applying soon also, maybe we can rub minds and see how we get get through with the application together

Thanks..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:
I offer services of sending naira to Nigeria from Uk. i have full KYC procedures required before i can accept pounds into my account from you or anyone. you must present one ID, name on ID must be the same name on sending account, also you must write on a piece of paper authourizing the said payment to me. if you can do all things you can contact me for fast secured deal. i also provide my ID to you for verification, proof of address will also be given. my rate is N638 to a pound. rate changes everyday. email solutionboxteam4u2019@gmail.com , you can also get me on whatsapp which i could have dropped but the fear of justwise is the beginning of wisdom.

Tobi:
Do you really think I would be so wise enough to send my docs to an email address that was open yesterday?
You have full KYC procedures?
What’s the name of your company please?
Let me use my remaining data MB to run a check on Companies House.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
Trajan:

Thanks for your prompt answer.
Please, how did you get yours?
Thanks!

I got all the documents that they requested on their website, went on Friday. Walked in. Waited. Submitted the docs. Waited. Collected my ETC.

Got to Nigeria and nobody asked me for it at the airport angry the airline that I used didn’t even know what the ETC was, they told me that I didn’t need it to go back to my own country. (Turkish)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2021
RalphJean:

Tobi:
Do you really think I would be so wise enough to send my docs to an email address that was open yesterday?
You have full KYC procedures?
What’s the name of your company please?
Let me use my remaining data MB to run a check on Companies House.
make una no vex. Make una no send ID Abeg. I don tired to talk.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 11:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:

This is simple nau , provide your company name let everyone that want to work with you run their check. Is that hard ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 11:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
Josh121:

This is simple nau , provide your company name let everyone that want to work with you run their check. Is that hard ?
no be by force na... una wahala for nairaland too much. My offline packages pay me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:

On this same Nairaland ohhh...
I have ‘met’ 3 persons who exchanged £ for Naira for me.
The first person sent me the naira, even before I sent the ££ I was astonished at the trust.

When I contacted MamaTukwas, the exchange was so smooth I was surprised.
On another occasion, I wanted Naira, I sent @Omopapa a message on this same Nairaland, gbam! Money hit my account.

When I wanted to use small world, they asked for my documents. I grudgingly provided, because they are a company, with a registered address.

I guess you need to mention the name of YOUR the company, then I could check to know if the company has the capacity to request my passport, driving licence and BRP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
RalphJean:

On this same Nairaland ohhh...
I have ‘met’ 3 persons who exchanged £ for Naira for me.
The first person sent me the naira, even before I sent the ££ I was astonished at the trust.

When I contacted MamaTukwas, the exchange was so smooth I was surprised.
On another occasion, I wanted Naira, I sent @Omopapa a message on this same Nairaland, gbam! Money hit my account.

When I wanted to use small world, they asked for my documents. I grudgingly provided, because they are a company, with a registered address.

I guess you need to mention the name of YOUR the company, then I could check to know if the company has the capacity to request my passport, driving licence and BRP
two of those you mention we have transacted many times. Like I said I don’t need your ID if your recieving account in Nigeria is the same account I receive money from in Uk. This is a simple thing. I wouldn’t want hackers to send stolen money into my account that’s why I requested for that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:
no be by force na... una wahala for nairaland too much. My offline packages pay me.

Then enjoy it we are not interested in your offline package without a company to turn a check on, this is Nairaland , safety first

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tobexin:
two of those you mention we have transacted many times. Like I said I don’t need your ID if your recieving account in Nigeria is the same account I receive money from in Uk. This is a simple thing. I wouldn’t want hackers to send stolen money into my account that’s why I requested for that.

This shows you don’t have a register company you are just do this under ground we all pray it doesn’t back fire on you some day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.