Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1320188 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:43am On Jan 24, 2021
starboychan:

Thanks boss, I really appreciate. I did HSE and project management certification in Nigeria but not sure it will be recognised. My initial plan is to do PMI project management certification, but I will add HSE now too.

Prince2 not PMI. Prince2 is mostly preferred in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

This new IR35, is punitive for all..... It's a disaster..... Taxman is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut...... wink

It's a major disaster! We are working on legal loopholes sha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

It's a major disaster! We are working on legal loopholes sha

Like buying £300 petrol everyday.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Like buying £300 petrol everyday.......... cheesy

Impossible nowadays ....WFH things. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by starboychan: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thank you so much

I will add it to my to do list. I only know how to use Microsoft office and autocad because my here in Nigeria is basically resident engineer. I also have COREN, I don't know if that will help in becoming chartered Engineer in UK .

Another advise is Civil Engineering being on the shortage list gives you an advantage so start applying for jobs once you get in. Depending on the level of tour experience and expertise with engineering softwares that would give you and edge. [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
justwise:

Good decision.

2yrs ago a friend stopped going to one Nigerian church i think in London too because of heavy financial demand.

According to him..he pays 10% of his salary as tithe, £30 monthly for kingdom investment. £10 weekly to support God's work or what he calls mission support. Every Dec they have thanksgiving service where members are tasked to pay certain amount. 2yes ago they were asked to pay £1000 each for certain project, a year after that its £500 at least.

Then every Jan you have to give up your salary as first fruit and you still have to sold-seed and appreciate pastor from time to time.

You should understand that private jet is not cheap and it’s got to be maintained. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
mimilyrics:
Ah! I still had this discussion with someone on WhatsApp yesterday and the person said that since Pst Chris has declared it a scam, it is a scam and over hyped. He also said something in the line of rapture being 3-10 years max away from happening which is why the govt are being deceptive. He also said something along the lines of only illiterates believe Covid-19. My "omo" finished yesterday.
I used to attend Christ Embassy and I learnt quite a lot while there as I was encouraged to always cross check whatever I'm told from the bible but I'm just shocked that people would rather quote MOG than God because even the bible teaches that wisdom is profitable to direct.

Our people are too lazy to read. They take everything MOG tells them. I couldn’t believe it when MOG told them that COVID-19 is caused by 5G and they The followers swallowed it hook, line and sinker. SMH.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Grace321: 1:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thank you

DisGuy:

Yes, you can quarantine anywhere, London or Chester

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
My take on this grin grin

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
wallg123:
My take on this grin grin

One God and the same bible?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
justwise:

One God and the same bible?

I don’t think it’s one god oh.
As for the bible matter, there are more translations/ versions of the bible today than we can count..... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Prince2 not PMI. Prince2 is mostly preferred in the UK.

In my opinion, prince2 is not too relevant. I'd rather go for PMP or APM ChPP.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
dustydee:

None is relevant if it is not Agile.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
I look forward to the day everyone will realise that salvation is personal and not tied to any MOG. Until then, many will sacrifice their potentials on the altar of MOGs.
phyl123:

Our people are too lazy to read. They take everything MOG tells them. I couldn’t believe it when MOG told them that COVID-19 is caused by 5G and they The followers swallowed it hook, line and sinker. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
mimilyrics:
I look forward to the day everyone will realise that salvation is personal and not tied to any MOG. Until then, many will sacrifice their potentials on the altar of MOGs.

If you don't pay your tithe, you're not going to heaven...Period!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin grin grin Pls don't be a pastorpreneur who ties heaven to tithes. #RunsAway
wonlasewonimi:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

In that case meet me in hell ( presidential quarters ) angry

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
mimilyrics:
grin grin grin Pls don't be a pastorpreneur who ties heaven to tithes. #RunsAway

wallg123:

In that case meet me in hell ( presidential quarters ) angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0aYfPw1JQ&ab_channel=GBEFILATV
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Estroller: 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Who want watch that clip ?... I dey watch better match (Liverpool vs Man U ) so no time
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
dustydee:

In the international space, yes. But in the UK, no. UK businesses mostly recognise certifications that are for the UK. I have international certifications that American employers fall over, but the UK recruiters only give attention to my UK certs.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

None is relevant if it is not Agile.
I have not seen a Civil engineering role asking for Agile certification.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
Aphrodite007:

In the international space, yes. But I’m the UK, no. UK businesses mostly recognise certifications that are for the UK. I have international certifications that American employers fall over, but the UK recruiters only give attention to my UK certs.
I have seen several roles ask for PMP. Some will say Prince 2 or any other project management certification. In my engineering experience in the UK, I have seen more of PMP requirement than prince 2. A lot of the engineering firms are international and you are likely to interact with global clients and work on international projects.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
dustydee:

I have not seen a Civil engineering role asking for Agile certification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_construction

Traditional methods of Project Management is wasteful and expensive.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_construction

Traditional methods of Project Management is wasteful and expensive.
Perhaps for IT projects but for construction and engineering, it is not else you would have seen loads of jobs requiring it. If you go agile, you will just give the contractor the opportunity to milk you dry. During tough times, engineering firms sometimes under bid for work so as to get it and then try to recover cost when the client starts making changes and adding features.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by valcorp: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
This is just lie... Haba, this is highly criminal.

wonlasewonimi:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by valcorp: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
I don't like insulting agbalagba but eskis sir, ole buruku niyin sir. I have had a period in my life where I was 100 metres btw the living and the dead, tithe did not save me common sense and prayers did. After surviving such an ordeal one anumanu will now come and say pay your tithe. Pastor Oga no worry heavenly race na per head

wonlasewonimi:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
dustydee:

Perhaps for IT projects but for construction and engineering, it is not else you would have seen loads of jobs requiring it. If you go agile, you will just give the contractor the opportunity to milk you dry. During tough times, engineering firms sometimes under bid for work so as to get it and then try to recover cost when the client starts making changes and adding features.

I am not into civil engineering projects but I know OGC/Prince2 and PMI are pushing the Agile narrative with full force.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
valcorp:

I don't like insulting agbalagba but eskis sir, ole buruku niyin sir. I have had a period in my life where I was 100 metres btw the living and the dead, tithe did not save me common sense and prayers did. After surviving such an ordeal one anumanu will now come and say pay your tithe. Pastor Oga no worry heavenly race na per head

I am not there oooo cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
dustydee:

Even with IT agile is a mess really ....(easier said than done kind of mess) .... initally it was the buzz word floating around even my current project. During design them dey throw the word agile up and down.

But idea and reality can be night and day. Las las it back to waterfall methodology. But e good to read about it for interview purposes

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I am not into civil engineering projects but I know OGC/Prince2 and PMI are pushing the Agile narrative with full force.

From my understanding of Agile PM, its related to software development while Project Management qualifications for construction such as PMP, APM etc purely relates to managerial knowledge of delivering construction projects to Time, Cost and Quality.

APM is UK originated, however having the PMP (PMI) also helps show the employer that you have got international experience. At least, I would like to think it contributed to my first employment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.