Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,684 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304128 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 2:04am On Feb 16, 2021
Please who used travelex at the airport recently? Please what’s the pound rate, and what are the requirements for getting FX?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oggg: 4:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Captaincool1:
I am working on a job offer caregiver from the UK. But was told to pay almost 6,000pouds for licence, including transport .
Is that how is been done. I was told is from the UK authorities
U better run o... smells like fraud

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Captaincool1(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2021
This is what I was sent some weeks back.

You will be sponsored initially for a 4 years working visa in the position of Senior Support Worker, earning 28k pounds a year. The visa can be extended if need be.

These are the official financial outlays.
Sponsorship licence for visa is 1655 pounds
Visa Application fee is 610 pounds
NHS Health surcharge 624 pounds each year 3yrs is 1872pounds
Proof of 1270 pounds in hand to initially settle in UK.
With tfare amounts to 6.5k pounds

You need to get an international driving lincence and should be able to drive from Nigeria.

Please what's your take.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 16, 2021
Captaincool1:

You will be sponsored initially for a 4 years working visa in the position of Senior Support Worker, earning 28k pounds a year. The visa can be extended if need be.

You need to get an international driving lincence and should be able to drive from Nigeria.

Please what's your take.

I would say you should stay clearr my dear.... if yu loose 6.5k in these times i m sure yu wudnt find it funny.
I picked up some things that didn’t really settle down well with me.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veegal: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2021
Thank you for your response, i didn't mean to make annyone feel less�. I tagged the names I could remember ��

RalphJean:

You know the thing about making enquiries, and @‘ing some people?
There may be others with the knowledge to help, but will not. Since your question is/wasn’t directed at them.

Now to your question.

Look at your BRP carefully, you will see that the end date was made to coincide exactly with the Main Applicant’s end date.

If (God forbid) the sponsor had withdrawn their CoS, and the main applicant hasn’t got another job, it means both main applicant and dependants would have their BRPs curtailed.

As a dependant, your Permit is dependant on the main applicant whose permit is dependant on the Sponsor.

Short answer: Yes. You will ALL need to apply for new visas.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veegal: 9:36am On Feb 16, 2021
Thank you so much, very helpful �

quote author=Bourne007 post=99096803]"If you cannot apply at the same time, your partner or child can apply to extend or switch their visas at a later date." So up to you guys really

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veegal: 9:39am On Feb 16, 2021
Thanks so much, i really appreciate

Chukwuka16:

You (dependants) do not need to re-apply as long as your current visa is valid and main applicant continues to remain in-status (employed). No go dash Home Office money o.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Captaincool1(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Irenenwaka:

I would say you should stay clearr my dear.... if yu loose 6.5k in these times i m sure yu wudnt find it funny.
I picked up some things that didn’t really settle down well with me.

Please what and what did you pick. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2021
Captaincool1:

Please what's your take.

This is a scam, very silly one to be honest, they couldn't even get basic info right.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 5gee: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2021
Captaincool1:

Please what's your take.
This is express scam. Very basic. No one will ask you to pay for sponsorship licence, visa fees and NHS surcharge. If they offer you the job, they can ask you to process all these by your self, if they are not paying. Do not handover a dime to these guys.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
JanegirlN:
Please Is it possible for a toddler born in the UK to travel with the parents to naija without a passport and then get a passport issued in naija before returning back to the UK.

Hello. The answer is yes. I did same for my child as it was taking forever to get a passport and we needed to travel urgently. They were only a week old at application time. We got an emergency travel certificate. As long as the child has a BRP coming back to the U.K. is not a problem. We did the passport whilst in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Captaincool1:

Please what's your take.

I got a similar offer last year may/June. In my case, I was asked to pay 2700 pounds to get a license and that guarantees a training which will enable me search for job in the UK. After series of interviews with them, I updated my colleagues in the UK who advised me to run.

Pls be aware for everything you try to do regarding working in the UK, someone had done something similar most likely so ensure to do due diligence before committing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2021
cutieb:

Thank you but I don't know anyone in Edinburgh, Scotland

Another way to help yourself is to join the Facebook market page in the council a you are traveling to. E.g in your own case, any fb group in Edinburgh will be a good idea, type your request there, stating when you want to move in and size of accommodation you need. You may just be lucky to get help
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2021
Oooh no. They say the Nigerian variant is here �.
Won’t be surprised if Nigeria is added to the red list tonight.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hi,

Please I need to change naira to pounds, any reliable person with a good rate?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vetilicious(f): 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hello ,

@Mamatukwas,

I sent you a mail...…I have someone that needs to send some naira to. naija..….. Please respond.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
Vetilicious:
Hello ,

@Mamatukwas,

I sent you a mail...…I have someone that needs to send some naira to. naija..….. Please respond.

Thank you

Ok. I’ve responded. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Thanks for the response appreciate. But was told Nigeria is not on the red list for now thank you.

You are welcome. I never said Nigeria was on the red list.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2021
marylandcakes:

You are welcome. I never said Nigeria was on the red list.

The way things are going, it might soon be. They've named a variant after us already:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-nigerian-covid-variant-found-23510030
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

The way things are going, it might soon be. They've named a variant after us already:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-nigerian-covid-variant-found-23510030

Let's not only be known for fraud & corruption....... We can't only be exporting crude & man/woman power ........... cool

You people wanted us to diversify our economy and start exportation......... Be careful what you wish for...... grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2021
Madam Abike said 'you don't need a visa to come to your papa land Nigeria. With expired passport sef, no wahala.

Please let us know your experience.

Aphrodite007:

Here sir, drink water and calm down. Wahala no dey finish.

Nigerian embassy? They aren’t worth your stress. A friend called me recently to shout about the embassy and how she needs to renew her visa.

When she finished, I just asked her when she’s booking her flight to Nigeria, lol

Nigerian embassy? I don’t know why you people still think we have a consulate here! We are alone grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
jesudaughter:
Madam Abike said 'you don't need a visa to come to your papa land Nigeria. With expired passport sef, no wahala.

No oooo. ..... so we don't confuse this topic. If you have only one passport then some airline won't let you fly if its expired. Nothing Madam Abike can do if its against international flying rules ... so check with airline or get Emergency Travel Certificate

Abike comment was for those with dual citizenship
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2021
jesudaughter:

Hehe we like to learn from experience ma. Please try it first and let us know and we will follow you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hello tushqueen, I can help with the exchange if you haven’t done it

tushqueen:
Hi,

Please I need to change naira to pounds, any reliable person with a good rate?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
RalphJean:

You know the thing about making enquiries, and @‘ing some people?
There may be others with the knowledge to help, but will not. Since your question is/wasn’t directed at them.

Now to your question.

Look at your BRP carefully, you will see that the end date was made to coincide exactly with the Main Applicant’s end date.

If (God forbid) the sponsor had withdrawn their CoS, and the main applicant hasn’t got another job, it means both main applicant and dependants would have their BRPs curtailed.

As a dependant, your Permit is dependant on the main applicant whose permit is dependant on the Sponsor.

Short answer: Yes. You will ALL need to apply for new visas.

You know me, I don’t know how to mind my business, so I would have replied but I didn’t see the question. Your answer is spot on anyway, so no need. But I also think that the person can wait until close to the expiry to transfer the visa. No need to spend that money now, if they have more than 3 months left on the BRP
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2021
Bolusfinnin:
Please how do we get NCDC to provide an alternative for travelers arriving Nigeria from the UK. My friends have missed their flight as they were denied boarding. This is because they do not have the completed online form NCDC demands of them and for the past 4days, NCDC International travel portal website has been down. Forms are unable to be completed, post arrival Covid-19 tests are unable to be paid for and now Nigerians are missing their flights with their negative PCR results expiring.
Any help with this would be appreciated.

PS
NCDC Officials have been contacted, emails sent, chats sent via WhatsApp, tweets done all to no avail.

Oh boy! Nigeria is truly free-for-all! Please accept our sincere sorry. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2021
SamReinvented:

Plus those who head and work in the consulates, are also normal Nigerians... who would probably still come to ask "who did this to us?" It's a vicious cycle that we choose to be blind to. We keep doing ourselves, thinking someone is doing us.

One bottle of Smirnoff for you! I hear young people shouting that they want to be president, they want to lead. Me I asked them if they have ever done anything in their street or village?

They can’t even be good to neighbours but somehow think they will be better leaders.

Can’t wait to change my passport. I will stop coming to nairaland cheesy wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2021
tushqueen:
Please I need some enlightenment regarding council tax.

I used to think it's paid as part of a household's utility bill. I'm being made to understand that its nice for each person to pay if husband n wife are both employed so that their immigration status can be interdependent on each other. Thus if one person gets frustrated with his job, their immigration status is retained/stable.

I don't seem to understand this
Interesting.. I didn’t know council tax could do such magic haha

Council tax is just a payment you should make to your council for maintenance of that council. It helps to pay it if you’re on a spousal visa. I think people can get away with not paying it on other visas. But it helps with your credit file because some councils add you to the electoral roll if you’re paying.

Also you really should pay your council tax.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 12:26am On Feb 17, 2021
Aphrodite007:

One bottle of Smirnoff for you! I hear young people shouting that they want to be president, they want to lead. Me I asked them if they have ever done anything in their street or village?

They can’t even be good to neighbours but somehow think they will be better leaders.

Don’t leave us o smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:41am On Feb 17, 2021
Aphrodite007:

You can take this fish out of water, but not the water, out of the fish....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:18am On Feb 17, 2021
No escaping Hotel Quarantine......... cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
Aphrodite007:

shuooooooooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.