Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1316079 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JanegirlN: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Have you tried going to Nigeria High Commission to see what services is been offered during lockdown. It might be skeletal services but some support or services will be offered ie ETC.

I haven't. Been calling them to be sure a minor with no prev. passport record can be issued ETC. I don't just wanna travel all the way from the NE to London with my LG and be told story esp with this weather.

We might just have to forfeit the journey and allow only hubby go cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Judzygal(f): 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
My school is in Chester...can we quarantine in Coventry?

I already paid a holding fee for a 1 bed flat for family of 3.
But the said they will need about 2weeeks to do background check.

Can we quarantine in a relative's house in Coventry.

NB...the owner of the house is in Nigeria right now, but he said we can stay in his house...a flat also.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Judzygal:
My school is in Chester...can we quarantine in Coventry?

I already paid a holding fee for a 1 bed flat for family of 3.
But the said they will need about 2weeeks to do background check.

Can we quarantine in a relative's house in Coventry.

NB...the owner of the house is in Nigeria right now, but he said we can stay in his house...a flat also.

There no limitations on where you can quarantine , I think that fine. It just that if its a direct relative then hope you declared it if asked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DiamondOkpi(f): 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
DiamondOkpi:
Good morning house. Please can anyone tell me if there are jobs in Sheffield City. I'm planning on attending Sheffield Hallam university, want to come with my husband and kid. Hoping I'll see part time work while he's free to work full time. Please Is Sheffield conducive to such a plan. Thank you.

Anyone from Sheffield please? Any insights will be appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
DiamondOkpi:

Anyone from Sheffield please? Any insights will be appreciated

Check www.indeed.co.uk
If you mean student jobs, the student thread will be the best place to ask.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DiamondOkpi(f): 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Check www.indeed.co.uk

Ok, thank you for the reply, but please do you have the link to the student thread?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DiamondOkpi(f): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Check www.indeed.co.uk

Ok, thank you for the reply, but please do you have the link to the student thread?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ogedadiva: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/144...
This is the link

DiamondOkpi:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DiamondOkpi(f): 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
DiamondOkpi:

Sorry I should have attached it

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4

You’re likely to see fellow students in Sheffield who will have the true gist of student jobs.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Sanmigbola: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
quote author=LagosismyHome post=98964042]

There no limitations on where you can quarantine , I think that fine. It just that if its a direct relative then hope you declared it if asked [/quote]

I want to ask a question with respect to this:

I applied for visit visa and stated I don't know anybody in the UK (which is true) but after I got the visa my uncle informed me of my aunt who lives in the UK and also gave me her telephone number to contact her(though, she's a legal resident) so I contacted her and she told me to come stay in her place for my vacation (which I filled in my locator form), got to Heathrow and I was interviewed by UK border force and I told them the truth about not filling her information in my application and the last time we communicated (10years ago) which was also confirmed from her after calling her, after which my passport was stamped and I was granted entry.

Do you think this can affect my next visa application for a visit visa ?

Though I have the intention of declaring it in my next application for a visit visa. Pls advice
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Pls, Don't drive like this dundee, in Dundee....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The man was tired of removing snow from his car grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Dundee United grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sanmigbola:
quote author=LagosismyHome post=98964042]

There no limitations on where you can quarantine , I think that fine. It just that if its a direct relative then hope you declared it if asked

I want to ask a question with respect to this:

I applied for visit visa and stated I don't know anybody in the UK (which is true) but after I got the visa my uncle informed me of my aunt who lives in the UK and also gave me her telephone number to contact her(though, she's a legal resident) so I contacted her and she told me to come stay in her place for my vacation (which I filled in my locator form), got to Heathrow and I was interviewed by UK border force and I told them the truth about not filling her information in my application and the last time we communicated (10years ago) which was also confirmed from her after calling her, after which my passport was stamped and I was granted entry.

Do you think this can affect my next visa application for a visit visa ?

Though I have the intention of declaring it in my next application for a visit visa. Pls advice

As I don't work in the embassy I can't say for sure
.....hopefully since they called her and she confirmed it then maybe that fine
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

The man was tired of removing snow from his car grin

He removed the snow on the sides....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
EngrSaks:
Please I would like to know the path way for a Nigerian trained physiotherapist to pursue a career in the UK...any thread I can look up? A family friend is looking for help

Thanks

HCPC
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
icon8:

Scan the completed form and a notarised copy of all supporting documents (including your current proof of address) to pensionsolution@stanbicibtc.com and complete your data recapture here: https://formelo.stanbicibtcpension.com/recapture/
You don’t need to go to Naija to process the payment.

Oh really
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2021
tushqueen:

HCPC

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zoe1234: 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
umarwy:

Welcome to the UK
Hi, I intend to apply for the master's program in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Chester starting in October 2021. I will like to know more about the availability of student jobs there because I plan to cover part of my fees and living expenses with wages gotten from my part-time job. Also, you mentioned that you know someone that finished from Chester. I will appreciate if you can help me find out about their payment plan. I know I have to pay 3k first but I don't know how soon I will have to pay the remainder. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
I greet the house ooo.

Please what is the current best place to change USD to GBP in terms of rates? Nigerian airport or Heathrow/UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2021
SamReinvented:
I greet the house ooo.

Please what is the current best place to change USD to GBP in terms of rates? Nigerian airport or Heathrow/UK?

Two things I will never advice someone to do:

1. Change money at Heathrow (I prefer changing at the Asian guys in those shops in town).

2. Buy SIM card at Heathrow (90 out of 100 Pakistani-owned shops will gladly give you one for free, if you buy top up from them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
RalphJean:

Two things I will never advice someone to do:

1. Change money at Heathrow (I prefer changing at the Asian guys in those shops in town).

2. Buy SIM card at Heathrow (90 out of 100 Pakistani-owned shops will gladly give you one for free, if you buy top up from them.

Alright. So Nigeria airport then? sad Or perhaps one can get better rates in other places in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 10:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If this was possible, I would also be a kidnapper....... grin

Is that yur occupation now. Come even kidnap me so I chop parts of your savings.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
Phenmeson:

Is that yur occupation now. Come even kidnap me so I chop parts of your savings.

My money, dey my neck......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
Zoe1234:
Hi, I intend to apply for the master's program in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Chester starting in October 2021. I will like to know more about the availability of student jobs there because I plan to cover part of my fees and living expenses with wages gotten from my part-time job. Also, you mentioned that you know someone that finished from Chester. I will appreciate if you can help me find out about their payment plan. I know I have to pay 3k first but I don't know how soon I will have to pay the remainder. Thanks.

This your plan will not work. If you even manage to pay your fees etc with a student job, it will be at the expense of your grades. Biomedical sciences is a great course and you will most likely get a job in the NHS on completion. I will strongly advise that you focus on getting a distinction grade which will at least give you an advantage above your peers. A student job might be able to cover a part of your living expenses, but it shouldn't be relied upon.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 7:31am On Feb 13, 2021
Dfazz:
I have tried all of them and i am still ineligible, could this be due to I have not lived in UK up to 6 months

You don't have to stay up to 6months to get credit card.

Use online eligible credit cards checker to see cards you have high chances of getting before you apply as each application makes it more difficult to get the next. Register to vote ,put some bills on direct debit. Then try capital one or vanquis after confirming with their eligibility checkers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 8:52am On Feb 13, 2021
Please where are the accredited centers for covid test in the UK. How can one get it done and how much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:57am On Feb 13, 2021
Please has anyone travelled to Nigeria in the past 2 weeks to 1 month, please share your experience biko.

Also need advice on best place for Covid 19 test in the UK and price? Is another test required upon arrival into Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Christabeliciou: 9:08am On Feb 13, 2021
Good morning full house,
Pls I don't know how true this could be, am hearing that the UK is coming up with new rules this 15th February, as regards anyone coming to the UK will go and self isolate in a particular hotel where you pay about 50k a day. I thought if you are going to visit a family friend that will accommodate you is to isolate in the family friend"s house that invited you. Living Nigeria to the UK towards the end march for 2wks visit for the Easter. Pls just asking for clarification. Thank you .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:14am On Feb 13, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Good morning full house,
Pls I don't know how true this could be, am hearing that the UK is coming up with new rules this 15th February, as regards anyone coming to the UK will go and self isolate in a particular hotel where you pay about 50k a day. I thought if you are going to visit a family friend that will accommodate you is to isolate in the family friend"s house that invited you. Living Nigeria to the UK towards the end march for 2wks visit for the Easter. Pls just asking for clarification. Thank you .

Scotland has already but this in place. Currently international travelers landing directly in Scotland have to quarantine for 10days in a hotel at a cost of £1,750. I will not be surprised if the rest of the UK puts up something similar shortly. Right now the Scots are viewing England as the weakest link on this Covid matter so there might be a response. Think of your trip very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.