Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306573 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Haha! Your response is really good. In a way, I see that the transfer is what’s annoying you about her case. But in reality, the UK doesn’t care who she belongs to, they just don’t want her to be a Brit. When my father disowned me, he didn’t care if I replaced him with a mad man; I would have even thought he loved me if he told my uncle to look after me- the UK did this, let’s give them credit.

The UK wouldn’t have made her stateless; if she didn’t have another place, they would have accepted her. Unfortunately she does; just like our children. if anything we should be grateful that we now know their abilities and protect ourselves.

God gives, God takes- so it’s perfectly logical for a country to give and take as well (whether natural born or naturalisation) especially if the reason is to protect others.

Not to reignite this discussion

UK should not be allowed to bully others to take their stubborn children/ responsibility. cheesy . Why is UK allowed to disown but the relative is not allowed to disown too. If both disown , isnt that statelessness.

These two types of children ( relatives and no relatives ) should be treated the same way, as they are yours British Citizens

How will you deal with the issue if no relatives and address it that way. .with no discrimination or differentiation between the two types of children should be allowed cool..... if you can't make one stateless then don't apply that punishment to any of your children ......then ok how else can you punish both type of child ........if UK is truly a fair and inclusive society that it wants to tell the world. Then walk the talk.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ardamz: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
what rate is the friend looking at? maybe i can be of help
Aphrodite007:
Who needs £1k for naira? I have a friend that needs the naira. please don’t DM me, just respond here.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
Aphrodite007:
Who needs £1k for naira? I have a friend that needs the naira. please don’t DM me, just respond here.

I have the Naira if you haven’t gotten.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
MichaelUde:

Lol.
Madam, you spoke well, but just to correct the historical record, the English colonised Ireland the way they did to Nigeria, they treated the Irish the same way they treated their other colonial peoples, the Irish fought for their independence and won it, and the English took away Northern Ireland from them based on the fact that many people from England and Scotland had moved to that part of Ireland over the centuries of colonial rule, and that is precisely what the IRA and Sinn Fein were fighting/advocating to correct.

So Ireland did nothing to the British Empire, rather it had a lot of bad things done to it.

Yes you are right, the Irish were treated very badly by the English. They were nicknamed the negroes of Europe. When you read about the atrocities committed by the English towards the Irish and the Scottish you will hate them.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
marylandcakes:

Yes you are right, the Irish were treated very badly by the English. They were nicknamed the negroes of Europe. When you read about the atrocities committed by the English towards the Irish and the Scottish you will hate them.

Hate them enough to join........

Let me not shake this table grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
umarwy:

Hate them enough to join........

Let me not shake this table grin grin grin grin

I’m talking about history here. I never said I hated anyone.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Yep. Go on to the Wealth tab on the landing page and complete the necessary information to start investing in stocks, crypto and commodities.

Indeed..... Buy shares from Amazon, Pfizer, Tesla etc etc..... With the click of a button......... grin

Aphrodite007....... Pot wey go chop pepper, hin yansh must hot.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oscarwilde: 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hey guys, I’m just joining in ....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Indeed..... Buy shares from Amazon, Pfizer, Tesla etc etc..... With the click of a button......... grin

Aphrodite007....... Pot wey go chop pepper, hin yansh must hot.......... grin

Yes oo. Now that a new tax year is around the corner, man must open an another stock and shares ISA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Let me ask you a question.... if you have a child who disgraced you.

Can you say I disown you however you now belong to my distant relative who you never met.... key word, never met don't know each other self however Since he is a relative, you are now his property and perhaps go and live there if you have no where to live ..... which relative go gree self. Why would Bangladesh agree to absorb pickin when them no train

That is the part I personally say no UK you should not be allowed to do that.

Why is your stubborn son now the relative responsibility. If you didn't train him well why can't you carry your cross quietly. Rehabilitate your child, punish your child when the child comes home, do whatever you can within the laws in your country...... As long as you remember he is British and forever your property. Dont be lazy and pass him to a relative that was minding his business and never even met your child . .....

UK you can't say if you have a distant relative ( immigrant children) then I pass you. For stubborn children who have no relatives ( then ok I won't pass them since I am not allowed to make them STATELESS).

Then it becomes the beginning of two types of children, the ones with relative and the ones without. What else can happen that UK will just strip again and send to relatives. A child is a child, there should never be two types of children . That is inequality .

LagosIsMyHome:
If the Bangladeshi Government were sharing money to their diaspora citizens, Shemima Begum would have been on that queue.
Note that the UK govt did not DEPORT her to Bangladesh. The govt merely said she wanted to kill us, and our people. She is not welcome here. As it stands, she has two options: either activate her Bangladeshi citizenship, or get her ‘husband’s’ citizenship.
It would have been a different ball game were she to have been rendered stateless, but that is not the case here.

When it comes to dual nationality/citizenship, it’s not a case to be exemplified with relatives. In this case it’s a bit more like father & Mother of a child. The child has not been rendered orphan (to warrant going to relatives), in this case, it’s the divorced mother telling her daughter not to return, rather she can go to her father, as she has a father. Whether or not the errant daughter is in good terms with her father doesn’t matter- what matters is that she she has a father who is alive and it is her father.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Not to reignite this discussion

UK should not be allowed to bully others to take their stubborn children/ responsibility. cheesy . Why is UK allowed to disown but the relative is not allowed to disown too. If both disown , isnt that statelessness.

These two types of children ( relatives and no relatives ) should be treated the same way, as they are yours British Citizens

How will you deal with the issue if no relatives and address it that way. .with no discrimination or differentiation between the two types of children should be allowed cool..... if you can't make one stateless then don't apply that punishment to any of your children ......then ok how else can you punish both type of child ........if UK is truly a fair and inclusive society that it wants to tell the world. Then walk the talk.

It’s not about RELATIVES. It’s about father & mother who both have equal access. On this case, the child wanted not only to injure, but to kill the mother. The mother says you can’t return to my house. The child says I must return (possibly to kill you one day). The mother insists you can’t return here. The child says where can I go? The mother says, well you could go to your dad if you want. The child says, but I haven’t lived with him before. The mother says, yes he is your dad. As for me, I can’t have you in my home because you wanted to kill me, & you possibly will.

Is the mother wrong?

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
oscarwilde:
Hey guys, I’m just joining in .... I’m Oscar.
I’ve just got a uk spouse visa. Likely to be going to Hull were my wife is. I’ll like to make Enquiries how to go about getting a job anywhere in UK. I am a bank branch manager here in Nigeria with about 11years experience. I wanna know what likely job opportunities I can get, what to look out for, how to go about applying and what to expect.

I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

My only advice for you...... ....

Have an open mind........ Like an open book....... cheesy

The temptation would overwhelm you to send CV's to Barclays, HSBC, Nationwide, Halifax etc etc..... Resist that temptation........ grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Yes oo. Now that a new tax year is around the corner, man must open an another stock and shares ISA

That was how they sent me letter saying that I paid too little tax that they will take what they say I owe in the next tax year.

The money we never do me before they want to remove more. I just dey look them side eye. Not looking forward to april
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
deept:

That was how they sent me letter saying that I paid too little tax that they will take what they say I owe in the next tax year.

The money we never do me before they want to remove more. I just dey look them side eye. Not looking forward to april

Deept talk true grin have you been shortchaging hmrc?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The temptation would overwhelm you to send CV's to Barclays, HSBC, Nationwide, Halifax etc etc..... Resist that temptation........ grin

Lol.
Resist it with every fibre of your being.
Collars have other colours apart from white.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Deept talk true grin have you been shortchaging hmrc?

Next thing na for those brown envelopes with a BX postcode to start dropping
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol.

We have Blue, White and Brown collars....... On that beautifully bespoke crafted shirt......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Next thing na for those brown envelopes with a BX postcode to start dropping

Not an envelope you want to see at all..... Before you open, you would secretly be hoping it's a refund......... tongue

That moment of trepidation, when you see calculations/figures from the pit of hell......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol.

Are you and Lexusgs430 saying the guy can't work as Bank manager here?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

As a JJC...... NO..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

As a JJC...... NO..... cheesy

even with 11 years experience?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2021
RalphJean:

It’s not about RELATIVES. It’s about father & mother who both have equal access. On this case, the child wanted not only to injure, but to kill the mother. The mother says you can’t return to my house. The child says I must return (possibly to kill you one day). The mother insists you can’t return here. The child says where can I go? The mother says, well you could go to your dad if you want. The child says, but I haven’t lived with him before. The mother says, yes he is your dad. As for me, I can’t have you in my home because you wanted to kill me, & you possibly will.

Is the mother wrong?

Dual citizens can even claim a bit to equal access but this is more of a case were the mother had sole custody of that child. The child never had a passport, never visited so using your example had no single relationship with the father.

The child was spoilt in the mother's house . The father wasn't part of the child's life at all so can the mother really ship that child who she has sole custody of
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

As much as I wish my answer were otherwise, I think the chances of his getting a similar job at that level are low.
Hence the advice to explore all levels of the employment ecosystem, from zero-hours upwards
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

even with 11 years experience?

Snail cannot be a ram...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Not an envelope you want to see at all..... Before you open, you would secretly be hoping it's a refund......... tongue

That moment of trepidation, when you see calculations/figures from the pit of hell......... grin

I had a friend wey find their trouble one time with a miscalculated self-assessment. Na so them wan use BX9 brown envelope drive the poor guy to declare madness.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oscarwilde: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Mind is as open as a pot. I just wanna where and how to start.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
oscarwilde:

I hope that pot, is a pot of beans........ grin

Might go as far as retraining.......... So every seed of beans, is required......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bereallywise: 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello, has anyone attended an NHS interview for position as a vaccinator? Pls school me.
If none, can those with healthcare support roles pls advise?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
oscarwilde:

Oh that's simple.
Step1: You come in, draft a resume to suit the oyibo man's taste, then start throwing it around electronically at all the job positions you would like to hold, for about 2 hours each day, followed up with a healthy dose of prayer if you're religious.

Step 2: While following that routine, you do some quick courses on- or offline and sign up with one of those agencies that recruit for care homes.
Step 3: In your spare time, you check Royal Mail and the major retailers for the jobs that will help you improve your physical fitness.

Step 4: Repeat all of the above in any order, increasing the servings and helpings of prayer as required.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bereallywise: 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Oh that's simple.
Step1: You come in, draft a resume to suit the oyibo man's taste, then start throwing it around electronically at all the job positions you would like to hold, for about 2 hours each day, followed up with a healthy dose of prayer if you're religious.

Step 2: While following that routine, you do some quick courses on- or offline and sign up with one of those agencies that recruit for care homes.
Step 3: In your spare time, you check Royal Mail and the major retailers for the jobs that will help you improve your physical fitness.

Step 4: Repeat all of the above in any order, increasing the servings and helpings of prayer as required.

I haven't stopped laughing since I read this �
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oscarwilde: 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Oh that's simple.

Una too play self.... make una serious na.... I’m coming in with three children and me know say no be beans. I need real help, make I no slack....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MichaelUde: 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
oscarwilde:

Una too play self.... make una serious na.... I’m coming in with three children and me know say no be beans. I need real help, make I no slack....

Lol.
No mind OgaHR, na him way. Na hire and fire them sabi, the same person wey congratulate you on your appointment in one letter go later regret to inform you say the appointment don waka.
But what he said na true o.
You're more likely to be working on your physical fitness with Amazon than otherwise when you first land here.

There is also a Step 5: Retrain for the NHS.
I'm a Tier 2 dependant as well, my madam na nurse, I worked in a bank too.
Pikins dey to feed, I dey work shift for supermarket. Just get something, anything doing so that you no go exhaust the money wey you use come from Naija and your madam go begin notice say gas bill dey high and wonder why that is so.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.