Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306494 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
Aphrodite007:

You people should pity oga Eric now? Everyone disses him when a challenger bank is mentioned grin NL never forgets.
They are ignorant!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
erico2k2:

They are ignorant!

We don miss you ó....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
It starts here........... How stretchy, is an elastic rope........ cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

As a JJC...... NO..... cheesy
Partially true, but there are exceptions.

When i wanted to open a bank account some years back, it was one Indian mama who was the Asst. Branch Head that helped me (maybe she was bored that day). The branch was a tiny Barclays branch with about 5/6 staff. She took her time and we had a long discussion on how she managed one of India's biggest bank branches back at home and when she moved to the UK, she got this which was way below her but she isn't complaining.

There is a way he will package his CV, convert every lead, funds he managed, daily forex transactions, profit he made from his branch to £ (with the Naira equivalent in bracket), and some banks would actually give him a shot, at a lower grade though.

Covid might be a limiting factor as per face-to-face but you never can tell!

As he is sending, he can also be using side eye to check out Amazon and the ever-recruiting care homes too..very important

Cc: oscarwilde
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hahahahaha
You are not normal, i swear

TheGuyFromHR:

Oh that's simple.
Step1: You come in, draft a resume to suit the oyibo man's taste, then start throwing it around electronically at all the job positions you would like to hold, for about 2 hours each day, followed up with a healthy dose of prayer if you're religious.

Step 2: While following that routine, you do some quick courses on- or offline and sign up with one of those agencies that recruit for care homes.
Step 3: In your spare time, you check Royal Mail and the major retailers for the jobs that will help you improve your physical fitness.

Step 4: Repeat all of the above in any order, increasing the servings and helpings of prayer as required.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

We don miss you ó....... grin
nah story Una dey find grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
MichaelUde:

Lol.
No mind OgaHR, na him way. Na hire and fire them sabi, the same person wey congratulate you on your appointment in one letter go later regret to inform you say the appointment don waka.
But what he said na true o.
You're more likely to be working on your physical fitness with Amazon than otherwise when you first land here.

There is also a Step 5: Retrain for the NHS.
I'm a Tier 2 dependant as well, my madam na nurse, I worked in a bank too.
Pikins dey to feed, I dey work shift for supermarket. Just get something, anything doing so that you no go exhaust the money wey you use come from Naija and your madam go begin notice say gas bill dey high and wonder why that is so.

Lol, comedians full here.
(HRM101 - Always do your best to get one of your subordinates to sign the bad news letters. You never know when Nigerians go begin do mass shootings American-style).

On a serious note, not to discourage you oscarwilde, but to give you a realistic view of the situation.
The retraining idea is a good one; I have a friend who is now a HCA.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2021
What God cannot do does not exist.

Lexusgs430:

Snail cannot be a ram...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
deept:

That was how they sent me letter saying that I paid too little tax that they will take what they say I owe in the next tax year.

The money we never do me before they want to remove more. I just dey look them side eye. Not looking forward to april
Dem say I owe dem too the amount in question £1.08, or be joke ohhhh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mamatukwas:

I have the Naira if you haven’t gotten.

Thanks mama, I think the person wanted naira.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
ardamz:
what rate is the friend looking at? maybe i can be of help

Thanks. I’ll get back to you when/if the person responds.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
davide470:

When i wanted to open a bank account some years back, it was one Indian mama who was the Asst. Branch Head that helped me (maybe she was bored that day). The branch was a tiny Barclays branch with about 5/6 staff. She took her time and we had a long discussion on how she managed one of India's biggest bank branches back at home and when she moved to the UK, she got this which was way below her but she isn't complaining.

There is a way he will package his CV, convert every lead, funds he managed, daily forex transactions, profit he made from his branch to £ (with the Naira equivalent in bracket), and some banks would actually give him a shot, at a lower grade though.

As he is sending, he can also be using side eye to check out Amazon and the ever-recruiting care homes too..very important

You still do small Maradona, but eventually, you still land for our domot........... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
jesudaughter:
What God cannot do does not exist.

Stone to water......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
erico2k2:

nah story Una dey find grin grin

So you dey see all our chats, but you refuse to respond..... grin

Wetin ginger you 2nite....... grin

How was your trip to 9ja......... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
erico2k2:

Dem say I owe dem too the amount in question £1.08, or be joke ohhhh

Franking stamp, A4 paper, printer laserjet ink + envelope = £2.40.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 12:00am On Mar 23, 2021
Lexusgs430:

So you dey see all our chats, but you refuse to respond..... grin

Wetin ginger you 2nite....... grin

How was your trip to 9ja......... tongue
trip was Ok, nah the £210 dem force me pay dey pain me pass
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:04am On Mar 23, 2021
erico2k2:

trip was Ok, nah the £210 dem force me pay dey pain me pass

No pay..... No entry.........

Look on the brighter side...... Those wey pay £210 + £1750 nko............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 12:07am On Mar 23, 2021
Lexusgs430:

No pay..... No entry.........

Look on the brighter side...... Those wey pay £210 + £1750 nko............. cheesy
dem nor be from awi country nah aha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:16am On Mar 23, 2021
oscarwilde:

Una too play self.... make una serious na.... I’m coming in with three children and me know say no be beans. I need real help, make I no slack....

Come prepared oooo. Jobs are not smiling these covid times and things are taking longer than expected ...... The lockdown effect is just too much and now we are hearing talk of wave 3. When does it really end then undecided

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 12:28am On Mar 23, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Come prepared oooo. Jobs are not smiling these covid times and things are taking longer than expected ...... The lockdown effect is just too much and now we are hearing talk of wave 3. When does it really end then undecided

As they are not buying our fish, we are not going there for holiday. Why do I sense politics in action. When they discovered British second variant, the EU was quick to impose sanctions on travellers from UK, then the astra zeneca vaccine wahala and they are not buying UK salmon so we retaliate howbeit under the guise of 3rd eu cover wave

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:29am On Mar 23, 2021
erico2k2:

dem nor be from awi country nah aha

If 9ja dey hotlist....... You for update your grocery list, to only garri and sugar.......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:31am On Mar 23, 2021
davide470:

You said everything my lazy self couldnt type. I was thinking along the lines of the shitty pay involved.

TBH, to be a banker in naija is soul destroying and life wasting; I remember working in a department called funds transfer...all you do everyday is helping customers to transfer money from one account to the other.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:32am On Mar 23, 2021
deept:

As they are not buying our fish, we are not going there for holiday. Why do I sense politics in action. When they discovered British second variant, the EU was quick to impose sanctions on travellers from UK, then the astra zeneca vaccine wahala and they are not buying UK salmon so we retaliate howbeit under the guise of 3rd eu cover wave

Una go chop una fish tire, till scales start to comot from una skin........... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:33am On Mar 23, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

You said everything my lazy self couldnt type. I was thinking along the lines of the shitty pay involved.

TBH, to be a banker in naija is soul destroying and life wasting; I remember working in a department called funds transfer...all you do everyday is helping customers to transfer money from one account to the other.

Hence a snail cannot be a ram......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 12:34am On Mar 23, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Una go chop una fish tire, till scales start to comot from una skin........... tongue

infact ehn, i love salmon, make the price dropso i can have salmon with everything
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:35am On Mar 23, 2021
deept:

infact ehn, i love salmon, make the price dropso i can have salmon with everything

No need to buy anymore..... Just carry bait and fishing line/net comot........... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:38am On Mar 23, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Hence a snail cannot be a ram......... grin

but he go still enter coat and pose as a banker na ...your wahala too much grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

but he go still enter coat and pose as a banker na ...your wahala too much grin

Una too like rough play........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2021
deept:

All you these oyinbos, you no dey see catfish, tilapia, redbream and hake?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 12:40am On Mar 23, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Deept talk true grin have you been shortchaging hmrc?

Maybe a mistake on my tax code from my employer. They say they will take £100 every month, what will then remain na? a little over £1000 is what they say i owe.

Shortchange bawo, abi they are the one collecting everything. E remain small me sef go find way to start to dey shrtchange
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:40am On Mar 23, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Dual citizens can even claim a bit to equal access but this is more of a case were the mother had sole custody of that child. The child never had a passport, never visited so using your example had no single relationship with the father.

The child was spoilt in the mother's house . The father wasn't part of the child's life at all so can the mother really ship that child who she has sole custody of

The mother will not ‘ship’ the child. Remember, the UK did not ‘ship’ Shemima to Bangladesh. They only slammed the door shut. Any, and every mother will shut the door if their own child comes rushing at them with a machete, with a clear intention to kill. Out of fear for her own life, the mother will simply tell the daughter not to return to her (MOTHER’s) house. Going to the her father will be her option as it’s a choice available to her.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 12:42am On Mar 23, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

All you these oyinbos, you no dey see catfish, tilapia, redbream and hake?

We chop those one for 30 years diversifying our portfolio. Did you hear about the fisherman in Rivers state that caught some fish worth millions od dollrs and he and his people used for pepper soup

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.