Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? (2914 Views)

Guys, Never You Lend Money To A Lady!!! / Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? / Is It Alrite To Lend Your Boyfriend Money At Any Point In Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
In response to the topic, no. I wouldn't lend my car to my ex. My assets are jointly owned by myself and my wife, so why would I lend what is half my wife's to an ex?
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2010
Based on the question, absolutely not.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2010
it depends on how we left off, a good note or a bad one. . .
but after that, it still depends on what he needs it for.

if not that. . . his arse can get on the bus!!!
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by KennyG6(m): 12:19am On Mar 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

it depends on how we left off, a good note or a bad one. . .
but after that, it still depends on what he needs it for.

if not that. . . his arse can get on the bus!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by bawomolo(m): 1:21am On Mar 22, 2010
the ex doesn't have to be a mortal enemy but yeah i agree with what siena said.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by kech(f): 6:45am On Mar 22, 2010
Kemi and Debo broke up close to a year ago after 2years together, they both agreed their constant bickering, breaking up and making up is a sure sign the affair had run its course.
Kemi has since moved on and is now engaged to Mike with their marriage in 3 months, she gets a call from Debo that he is in a financial mess and that his house and car has been repossessed by the bank; he needs her help but more urgently he needs her car to pick up her mum from the airport and ferry her around for a week before she returns home. [size=14pt]Kemi's car was an engagement gift from Mike [/size]and she is wary of how to tell him about Debo's request more so because she was close to his mum while they were dating.

The issue here is should she tell Mike about it, decline Debo's request or lie to Mike and help out her ex?

Some of you guys are missing the important info here! Look at the bolded. Please she should not give out her car ooo. If it were her own car, bought with her own money, she can think about whether to lend it to him or not. This is a car her fiance gave her as an ENGAGEMENT gift. She shouldn't even disrespect her fiance by doing that. In fact, i think for her sake and the sake of the life she'll soon start with her fiance, she SHOULD NOT ask the fiance for permission. Seriously, what's she going to say? "Honey, can I lend out the car you gave me to me ex for a week?" shocked shocked But you guys, check it naa. Is that not grounds for questioning the relationship?  Meanwhile doesn't the man have other friends he can ask? Why does it have to be her? He's going to get her into trouble. The girl had better respect herself ooo. A word is enough for the wise.

PS: If she feels soooooo obligated to lend her ex a car, she should go and borrow or rent one for him. Then when her fiance catches her, we convene back here on NL to give advice.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by fifi09(f): 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
kech:

Some of you guys are missing the important info here! Look at the bolded. Please she should not give out her car ooo. If it were her own car, bought with her own money, she can think about whether to lend it to him or not. This is a car her fiance gave her as an ENGAGEMENT gift. She shouldn't even disrespect her fiance by doing that. In fact, i think for her sake and the sake of the life she'll soon start with her fiance, she SHOULD NOT ask the fiance for permission. Seriously, what's she going to say? "Honey, can I lend out the car you gave me to me ex for a week?" shocked shocked But you guys, check it naa. Is that not grounds for questioning the relationship?  Meanwhile doesn't the man have other friends he can ask? Why does it have to be her? He's going to get her into trouble. The girl had better respect herself ooo. A word is enough for the wise.

PS: If she feels soooooo obligated to lend her ex a car, she should go and borrow or rent one for him. Then when her fiance catches her, we convene back here on NL to give advice.

Seriously. My thoughts exactly.

I guess people like that get used to having someone there to cover their behinds and it's a hard transition for them to accept it's not the Ex job anymore.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by TeeJay6(m): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
well said people
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by kech(f): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
The guy must have definitely taken her for granted when they were going out. The nerve of him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Our Girls Shy Away From Letting Us Know When They Climax? / What Kinda Random Gift Do You Give A New Girl / Can You Imagine Being With A Hermaphrodite, Isn't That Disgusting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.