Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (12833 Views)

Hell Is Waiting For Womens In Trousers... (Photo) / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by stagger: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2010
one thing about clothes is that the fashion and styles change from generation to generation>

In Scotland, the males wear skirts. It is the custom there.

In the middle East, the men wear gowns. Has been that way from time immemorial, even in the times of Jesus Christ. That is why the Bible speaks of "guirding your loins". something Elijah did to outrun Ahab's chariot.

So the real question here is"

WHAT PERTAINETH TO WOMEN, AND WHAT PERTAINETH TO MEN?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by platinumnk(f): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ really??

since when did fulani's bcum christian

IGNORE THE BASTARDS THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY SAY!!

Muslims also dont advocate wearing pants, a group of them ganged up on a corper that was only wearing her NYSC uniform.

And Guess what, they were never brought to Justice! One Nigeria indeed!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by InesQor(m): 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
Why are these silly rules always made to target women?  undecided

Why are these staunch preachers not attacking the village men that tie wrappers?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by lysaa(f): 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
platinumnk:

It was because of this foolish concept that the fulanis killed and despoiled an igbo corper cry cry cry cry
Isn't that madness? And they'd claim that they're on a holy course. whatever happened to 'Thou shall not kill'?

ayettymama:

^^ really??

Na the same rope tie them and those Christians against women wearing trousers - THE LAW A.K.A Old testament.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Bruekeleen: 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2010
grabdbull:

What do we then say about the Scottish kilt?
grin I beg, make u stop befroe u kill me laughter!

grabdbull:

Woe to the Urhobo man that ties wrapper, then.
grin grin I take God beg u make u stop, as u don wan kill me with laughter!
grabdbull:

Or the Itsekiri man on wrapper is condemned
grin grin grin  E be like say u won kill me with laughter
grabdbull:

I guess this means the Isoko man that ties a wrapper is going to hell,
grin grin grin grin grin Okay, Mr. grabdbull, if dem make u angry, make u no vex becasue my stomach dey ache me with laughter!

BTW, @ Paschaldasilva : Please note that not all Trousers/Pants have Zips or Zipper in the Front; in this modern age in fashion, there are several Pants without Zips or Zippers!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2010
InesQor:

Why are these silly rules always made to target women?  undecided

Why are these staunch preachers not attacking the village men that tie wrappers?

dont mind these fools thats how the last one was sayin women shouldnt wear jewellry

im just dissapointed some women actually attend these churches and talk crazy with them!!

my friend was out one day and s preacher was saying people go to the cinemas and worship the devil there  WTF?

these nigerians are soooo embarrasing!!! basking in thier ignorance

neways to all men that like to 'shape up' or trim down have u read this??

Leviticus 19 27

[size=20pt]'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. [/size]

??
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2010
theres even nothing wrong with the old testemant

its very valid -- the only thing im not a fan of is the killings

and i thank God he sent his son to save our lives

the law isnt meant to BIND US its meant to GUIDE US
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Rapmoney(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2010
Nigerians!!! When will u stop fooling yourselves?
What ever anybody decides to put on does not concern you!!!
After all they are not buying these things with ur money.
And i believe that that is not the problem Nigeria is facing now,
Neither is it the cause of Nigeria's numerous problems.
Nuff said!!!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
to the men with piercings and tatoos read this

Leviticus 19;28

[size=20pt]Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.[/size]
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by chuks0421(m): 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2010
Nkita Taa gi there, grin grin grin
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
It is not what we wear that made us.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by sendtodeji: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2010
This is one of the most controversial issues in Christianity today. Coincidentally, we had a discussion on this same issue of dressing in Sunday School not long ago. This issue is presented in different forms all which further compounds or confuses the issue. Whatever way it is said, the emphasis is often on the word 'trousers'.

We had some members stood up in the Sunday School to tell us quite frankly that while they were in Nigeria (currently in US), they will NEVER allow their wives to put on trousers. Since getting to US, the wives now wear trousers not out of desire but out of necessity. Even common jeans, some people regard it as sinful. We all know that jeans is our "national uniform" around here.

My opinion is that environment (weather, e.t.c.) determines the mode of dressing of all humans. Previous posters have cited cultures where men wear attires that could be considered feminine in other cultures. Yet we can not regard them as sinners because of that. I think the word that our brethren should be preaching is decency and modesty. It is not until a woman wear trouses that she can arouse desire in a man. Anything gesture, be it dressing or language can  have the same effect.

There is a second dimension to this issue as well. What if a man desires his wife to dress in a certain manner? Is that considered a sin? I like my woman to dress in certain ways that make her look attractive and desiring to me. She can wear trousers but she cannot wear anything mini. By the way, I cannot fit in her trousers because I will look awkward! She can't fit in mine and you won't even notice. The rule is that her dressing should not be revealing. I personally take offense at women exposing some of their body parts that are considered "private". I'm sure a virtuous woman will try and avoid that type of dressing at all cost.

Dressing in itself is a language which people try to interpret in diverse ways. Most times we dress to communicate something across to people around us. A married woman will dress to attract her husband's desire. A single woman will dress to get noticed by potential suitors. A promiscuous woman will dress to get noticed by "any man". A job seeker will dress to portray confidence, maturity and responsibility to an interview. Our interpretation of the language of dressing varies and its often influenced by our mindsets and individual exposure.

The concept of seduction or enticement or even attraction (finely between all three) even goes beyond articles of clothing. Our biological composition and psychological responses are triggered by different stimuli. There are men who can fall by the mere seeing of the feet of a woman. Should we now conclude that women who bear their feet are immodest just because that happens to be a mans weakness? I think the muslim women who cover their entire body are the ones doing the right thing then. A better alternative will be for you to ask God to take away your eyes so that you will no longer be able to see those things that offend you.

That said, God has given us the ability to choose. We do not walk by sight but by faith. The fact that we see things that offend us everyday does not make us sinners. What makes us sinners is what we duel on in our hearts. Practical christianity is not what we can struggle with in the "might of man". It takes the grace of God to be a Christian. The bible says "By His grace we are saved , " The way to win souls to the Kingdom his not by first criticizing the way people do things (which we are all guilty of). It is by showing LOVE. How many of us Christians are even worthy of God's love? Yet He loves us despite our sinful nature. If we are truly Christians (little Christs), we should actually demonstrate love rather than condemnation. Let us go back and study the live of our Lord Jesus Christ himself very closely. Let's put aside all these holy than thou attitude and reverence and mind before God. Christ Jesus used an approach that is hardly practised nowadays during his ministry on earth. The first thing he does before he preaches a sermon is to meet the "physical" needs of the hearers of his word. Therein lies the wisdom and key to soul winning. Brothers and sisters who are zealous to the work should demonstrate their zeal by their dids towards people around them. I have no interest in what you have to say to me if I am hungry and you can not even buy me common puff-puff.

To make your ministry effective, pray that God should give you the grace to identify the problem and needs in people's lives and make you a solution to those problem so that you can carry His saving word to them. This is the path we should all tow as workers in His vineyard rather than condemning the way people do things. It is after they have heard and received the word that they will be renewed in their heart and understanding. It is then they will be personally convicted of things that they do that are not right. No man is capable of changing another man except God does that work. Remember that for our sake, Christ became a sinner so that he can redeem us. Who amongst us, if God says, go and become a harlot to minister to men, will say it is the word of God? This is what Christ did so that you and I could become heirs to the throne.

Finally, as I am not qualified to speak the word and mind of God, I pray for God's forgiveness if I have written anything in heresy. He himself should make His word real in the hearts of men (Amen). Shallom
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2010
How come nobody follows these anymore

Lets start at the beginning with commandment number 1 and 2
1 We are to have no other god's except God
2. Worship no god but the Lord

Clearly we can see if you are breaking number 2 you are breaking number one also, these commandments look easy on the eye but if we dig just a bit deeper we will see that Gods people were instructed to kill you if you went against any of them, where you ask

Deut 13:6-9
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people0 Stone him to death because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God.

Commandment number three

Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

God doesnt mess around when he says something and a young boy was just about to find out, our punshment story is taken from
leveticus 24

10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite. 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.) 12 They put him in custody until the will of the LORD should be made clear to them.

13 Then the LORD said to Moses: 14 "Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. 15 Say to the Israelites: 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.

and true to his word as always we see the action that was taken out on the boy in verse 23

23 Then Moses spoke to the Israelites, and they took the blasphemer outside the camp and stoned him. The Israelites did as the LORD commanded Moses.

Commandment Number 4
Remember that thou keep the sabbath day holy

Maybe some people are already hoping that at least something will change in the degree of the punishments but I have got bad news for you it doesn't

Exodus 31
14 " 'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. 15 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death.

Why are these parts skipped in sunday school? oh yes I know it would definitely gross the kids out.

A case study
Numbers 15
32And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

So why bother about clothes when there are people to kill self?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2010
sendtodeji:

[b]This is one of the most controversial issues in Christianity today. [/b]Coincidentally, we had a discussion on this same issue of dressing in Sunday School not long ago. This

no its not

its only controversial in africa!!

the rest of the world have no time for yeye controversies from people that can niether read nor undertsand the bible!!

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2010
Chris we dont kill anymore because Jesus died for all of us and nobody is free of sin

if u also took time to read the bible u will see christians and messanic jews no longer crave to shed blood in the name of God

we are not justified to do so!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by cibilola(f): 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2010
you guys have not said something here oooo. . . how about underpants? excluding boxers and thongs, g-strings. But normal pants (pata n la abi pata alhaja) for men and for women look alike. So it most be a sin to wear pants then or you risk going to hell!! grin grin

Instead of thinking of a way to push our rich poverty-stricken country forward, we talking about the clothes we wear, arrant nonsense  

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by MELAA: 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
whether you believe it or not women should not wear trouser for it is a sin. One thing remains - God cannot change his standard just because of what humans will say.whether you call it foolishness or whatsoever word you  use, the fact remains

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

Chris we dont kill anymore because Jesus died for all of us and nobody is free of sin

if u also took time to read the bible u will see christians and messanic jews no longer crave to shed blood in the name of God

we are not justified to do so!
So you agree you used to kill before eh? You God did not know that killing innocent people for silly things like not going to church was stupid eh? Is it not more plausible that these things were just traditions of man who did not know anything but bloodshed by then? By the way Jesus never came to change to law so what the heck are you talking about?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2010
MELAA:

whether you believe it or not women should not wear trouser for it is a sin. One thing remains - God cannot change his standard just because of what humans will say.whether you call it foolishness or whatsoever word you  use, the fact remains

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.[color=#990000][/color]

who made u creator and definer of the word trousers?? did u see the word there??

chris wat u on abt?? the laws are there for al to see

those were the days when they were known as Gods people

and they made sure to keep it clean!-

people were punished for thier sins- thier sins were thier crimes i dont no what ur on abt innocent

just like people are punished according to thelaw now!

Jesus didnt change the law or rewrite them- the law is still written there and you can see it!!

Jesus came and SAVED US FROM THIS DEATH!!

as One who didnt sin he was sacrificed on our behalf

if u dont understand that u are surely a lost cause!

Belie ve it or not these people are and always have been blessed-- God never left them if u read the scriptures u will see they were a powerful set of people

because God was with them!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by cibilola(f): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
MELAA:

whether you believe it or not women should not wear trouser for it is a sin. One thing remains - God cannot change his standard just because of what humans will say.whether you call it foolishness or whatsoever word you  use, the fact remains

my people perish for lack of knowledge. Melaa, i hope you do not perish for lack of knowledge. The word trouser is not stated in the Bible plus, if you are going to adhere to that make sure that you make sacrifices of pigeons after having your monthly period if you are a woman or if you are a man, do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip of your beard or better still, make sure you do not wear an item of clothing that is made up of more than one material ie. wool and silk together.
Hypocrite you are,  i bet you have committed one of these sins,  you shall therefore go to HELL!!ode!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^ lolz

if the feds see u touch thier pidgeons they go finish u oo!!!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

who made u creator and definer of the word trousers?? did u see the word there??

chris wat u on abt?? the laws are there for al to see

those were the days when they were known as Gods people

and they made sure to keep it clean!-

people were punished for thier sins- thier sins were thier crimes i dont no what your on abt innocent

just like people are punished according to thelaw now!

Jesus didnt change the law or rewrite them- the law is still written there and you can see it!!

Jesus came and SAVED US FROM THIS DEATH!!

as One who didnt sin he was sacrificed on our behalf

if u dont understand that u are surely a lost cause!

Belie ve it or not these people are and always have been blessed-- God never left them if u read the scriptures u will see they were a powerful set of people

because God was with them!
Its very easy to know a christian who has not read the first five books of the bible thoroughly, so you kill a child for insulting the mother? eh? What sort of law is that? and you will be the first person to scream that fulani herdsmen are wicked, you guys are just hypocrites.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2010
lolz

dont ask me

take the stairway to heaven and ask the creator

how many christians have you seen killing children from insulting thier mothers??

exaclty

u are just ignorantly lamenting because you can!

Thier laws were thier laws and it was kept between thier people

it wasnt obligatory to remain with them- people were free to leave as they wanted!

and if u read u will see they were very blessed!!!

like i said ur a lost cause- cos ur complaining abt what u havent seen

what exactly makes us hypocrites?? pls contain ur lamenting to ur bedroom walls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by illusion2: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ really??

Bastards ke?? shocked shocked shocked Kilo le to yen ? undecided
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by muyistik(m): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
first of all am glad that a lot of people are even concious of what and how God wants his things, but first thing is not to judge cause in God,s eyes we are all the same ,thank God for GRACE, secondly human beings are Spirits and when we finally reach the so called heaven or hell hey there will be no trousers or skirts or niether male nor female , i am aware of those that preach this way and i compliment them for their passion and zeal but hey stepup from ignorance, the word of GOD is able to direct you far more than that. what we need to please God is FAITH heb 11v 6 not wether you are doing right or wrong , for with GOD WE CANT MEASURE UP BY SETTING OUR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS cheesy cheesy
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
@muyistik , @Sendtodeji thank God 4 people like u who are helpin 2 cast out d demon of ignorance off these humans. The bible is not a dictonary where Gods word are interpreted literally to our own understanding.it take only the spirit of God to understand these writtings. @ayettymama the writer is nt targeting women,he is asking a question,and as long as u sin,even once a day,d tattoo guys are seen equal in the sight of God.no bigger sin
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
@muyistik , @Sendtodeji thank God 4 people like u who are helpin 2 cast out d demon of ignorance off these humans. The bible is not a dictonary where Gods word are interpreted literally to our own understanding.it take only the spirit of God to understand these writtings. @ayettymama the writer is nt targeting women,he is asking a question,and as long as u sin,even once a day,d tattoo guys are seen equal in the sight of God.no bigger sin
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Rastamann: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2010
What then happens to men wearing ear rings?
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayettymama(f): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
im just pointing out the fact that this ignorance normally comes from pastors tryna pick on illiterate women!
a passage like that barely even needs any all seeing spirit! common sense is enuff!

people are interpreting it anywho!- nowhere in the passage are the words 'trousers' mentioned! simple answer
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by InesQor(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
I refuse to believe that there are still Christians that think like this, in these critical times  sad angry

Women Wear Trousers and that fast-forwards them to hell? Pah! Let me know when you wake up!!!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Okwyjesus(m): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
Why not run out of controversial doctrine to be on safe side. For me and as far as Africa is concerned, Trouser is wrong and don't give women good image to stand before ppl and preach.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by parki: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
Na so una go they follow all these retarded people they blive their retarded nonsense

who even tell u say na preacher?

what ever made u believe what he said makes u a fool just like him, use ur damn head, you r smart, for damn sake he might be

an effing drop out who cant even comprehend what he reads, wtf

Nigerians when wil you people open ur eyes and start finking differently and focus ur attentions on more relevant matters,

if you want to talk about if wearing trousers is right or wrong for women then use ur damn head and fink about CULTURE (cmon sense)/ work or do you fink africans r the only ones on the face of this world

we av women in other parts where the weather is freezing and wud av to wear them just to keep themselves warm, talk about working its smart for them to dress that way so u perverted men wudnt need to start staring into the skirts to see what ur perverted mind wants

so that ur bloody retarded preacher shud go to hell, effing prick bloody illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. / What Happens If You Commit Suicide / Actual Date Of Ileya Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.