Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,577 members, 7,837,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Anti-tithing Thread - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithing Thread (9427 Views)

Family Tithing In The Diaspora / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Then ask Jesus to teach you
he already taught what we needed to know
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Ask same Jesus to reveal to you if tithing is applicable now or not. Because from all indication you're writing based on your knowledge
no sir, I'm written based on what the bible has to offer not what daddy G O said
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:
@ betterABIAstate, I still await your feedback on my response to you. And I hope my apologies are on the way cheesy
I don't understand, come again with the question
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
double post...
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I don't understand, come again with the question

betterABIAstate:
you don't seem to be smart logically, your logical reasoning are wack.

You are not getting me. I am not against Marriage. The Bible is not against Marriage as well,

What I am saying is why should people conclude on Jesus as not married when the bible never said anything about these years (age 12 - 30) of his life?

Jesus might have married and divorced...who knows? Only God knows...

I'm not going to reply you with any insult as it is not expected of Christians like you (if you are one). Do you now understand my point of view?

I was trying to help Osezua assess the issue of Jesus not marrying from a different perspective.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

You are not getting me. I am not against Marriage. The Bible is not against Marriage as well,

What I am saying is why should people conclude on Jesus as not married when the bible never said anything about these years (age 12 - 30) of his life?

Jesus might have married and divorced...who knows? Only God knows...

I'm not going to reply you with any insult as it is not expected of Christians like you (if you are one). Do you now understand my point of view?

I was trying to help Osezua assess the issue of Jesus not marrying from a different perspective.
you don't do might with the bible, if I give you m own "mights", you go run. Try to follow the bible, don't might and add to it. No record of Jesus getting married in the bible
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
betterABIAstate:
you don't do might with the bible, if I give you m own "mights", you go run. Try to follow the bible, don't might and add to it. No record of Jesus getting married in the bible

Yeah...

and my apologies? tongue
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
betterABIAstate:
he already taught what we needed to know
That's not true.when you're opened he will teach
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Kindly share what the Holy Spirit has revealed to you...so the Bible can be used as a basis to ascertain whether it is the Holy Spirit (personal revelation) or a Lying Spirit (deceiving others).
It's already revealed in God's word on tithing. You know that already
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 11:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

That's not true.when you're opened he will teach
before then, Jesus never tithed and I won't advice anyone to tithe.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
betterABIAstate:
before then, Jesus never tithed and I won't advice anyone to tithe.
It seems you're not ready to learn. When you're ready he will be ready for you.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 11:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It seems you're not ready to learn. When you're ready he will be ready for you.
you are the person not ready to learn, Jesus has taught you in the Bible, you are still looking for addition, go and read you Bible and stop looking for excuses

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
you are the person not ready to learn, Jesus has taught you in the Bible, you are still looking for addition, go and read you Bible and stop looking for excuses
Didn't Jesus say he will send the comforter yes or no?
Didn't he said the comforter will reveal deeper things yes or no?
You're the only give unnecessary excuses because all am saying are found in the Bible. So it's your level of understanding that's why I insist you ask the holy spirit himself to teach and to prove if whether am right or wrong
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 12:13am On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Didn't Jesus say he will send the comforter yes or no?
Didn't he said the comforter will reveal deeper things yes or no?
You're the only give unnecessary excuses because all am saying are found in the Bible. So it's your level of understanding that's why I insist you ask the holy spirit himself to teach and to prove if whether am right or wrong
so the comforter didn't tell Peter, Paul and James to tithe, its you it told, are you trying to add something to the bible?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
so the comforter didn't tell Peter, Paul and James to tithe, its you it told, are you trying to add something to the bible?
Did you see where I added anything that's not from the Bible?
Didn't Jesus say in Matthew 23:23 "Matthew 23:23
[23]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 
. Jesus saw tithing as one of the requirements of the law.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by MuttleyLaff: 1:05am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
so the comforter didn't tell Peter, Paul and James to tithe,
its you it told, are you trying to add something to the bible?
God, must have been, all of a sudden, seriously hard up, He dispatched the comforter to reveal to believers to start giving tithe money, 2000 years after the second temple was destroyed.

asuustrike2009:
Didn't Jesus say in Matthew 23:23
"Matthew 23:23
[23]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin,
and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith:
these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone
Readers are seeing you dont see that Jesus, was for a reason, saying it is necessary to tithe in that current the Mosaic or Jewish dispensation
Also see you turning closed eyes so as not see and admit that Peter, Paul James etc never taught, suggested or encouraged tithing to Gentiles

asuustrike2009:
Jesus saw tithing as one of the requirements of the law
Spell it out please.
Explain in detail how Jesus saw tithing as one of the requirements of the law
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by SAVIOURJESUS: 1:07am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
heaven hasn't approved it, heaven doesn't aprrovet what wasn't in the book
who told you tithe is not written in the bible.
Most Christian has already accepted tithing as a way of providing for the furtherance of the Gospel and heaven has approved it.

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

What you should be looking at is whether tithing is good for the work of God or not?
If it is good and you refuse to do it you have sinned
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 7:25am On Nov 12, 2017
SAVIOURJESUS:
who told you tithe is not written in the bible.
Most Christian has already accepted tithing as a way of providing for the furtherance of the Gospel and heaven has approved it.

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

What you should be looking at is whether tithing is good for the work of God or not?
If it is good and you refuse to do it you have sinned

Jesus never practised tithing sir
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 7:28am On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Didn't Jesus say in Matthew 23:23 "Matthew 23:23
[23]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 
. Jesus saw tithing as one of the requirements of the law.
and he also said woe to people who pay it and never do the most important things and the tithe he was woeing was not a monthly tithing Sir. Above all, Jesus never practised or because he saw it as not important
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2017
Gombs:

Atheist.

Those who believed all creation are by chance....or some big bang and that we evolved from stupid to intelligent.

As a matter of fact, we didn't all evolve. Christians and Muslims and people like them are still stupid.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
and he also said woe to people who pay it and never do the most important things and the tithe he was woeing was not a monthly tithing Sir. Above all, Jesus never practised or because he saw it as not important
Tithing wasn't woo my dear. Read that passage very well.
The Pharisees observed the ceremonial precepts of the law with all possible exactness, while they utterly neglected the eternal, immutable, indispensable rules of righteousness. Judgment — That is, justice; mercy — Charity, or compassion toward the poor.
So Jesus was saying you don't do one and neglect the other. Our Lord did not object to their paying tithe
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 10:32am On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Pharisees observed the ceremonial precepts of the law with all possible exactness, while they utterly neglected the eternal, immutable, indispensable rules of righteousness. Judgment — That is, justice; mercy — Charity, or compassion toward the poor.
So Jesus was saying you don't do one and neglect the other. Our Lord did not object to their paying tithe

Does paying the tithe adjudge you righteous? What are you really defending?

Will you go to hell if you stop enriching your wealthy pastors?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2017
Akin1212:

Does paying the tithe adjudge you righteous? What are you really defending?

Will you go to hell if you stop enriching your wealthy pastors?
You will go to hell if you choose to disobey God's word concerning tithing. That many pastors are enriching themselves isn't an excuse not to pay your tithe.God doesn't condone thieves as they will not make heaven. If you don't pay tithe as a Christian you're a thief and if you don't repent,you're heading to hell. As for the pastors if they don't pay theirs and refrain from stealing God's money,they are going to hell.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You will go to hell if you choose to disobey God's word concerning tithing. That many pastors are enriching themselves isn't an excuse not to pay your tithe.God doesn't condone thieves as they will not make heaven. If you don't pay tithe as a Christian you're a thief and if you don't repent,you're heading to hell. As for the pastors if they don't pay theirs and refrain from stealing God's money,they are going to hell.

But Jesus said the only thing that decides going to hell or not is believing in him and not paying of tithes.

If God doesn't condone the pastors stealing the money and does not even stop the wasting of the money of tithers, then I'm sorry, he doesn't know what he is doing.

If you are Christian and you don't pay tithe, what are you stealing? The money you worked for? What kind of mentality is this? Do you need to be taught the definition of a thief?

How is the money God's money? Are you saying the money we printed here is from heaven? You have to wake up oo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

do you understand what I'm saying? Cos u seem lost
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by SAVIOURJESUS: 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Jesus never practised tithing sir
who told you Jesus didn't practice tithing? Do you know that Jesus fulfilled the whole law? Jesus didn't break any law including the law of tithing.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
SAVIOURJESUS:
who told you Jesus didn't practice tithing? Do you know that Jesus fulfilled the whole law? Jesus didn't break any law including the law of tithing.
oya show me where Jesus practised it and also the apostles. Quote the bible passage
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
SAVIOURJESUS:
show me where Jesus also gave burnt offerings in accordance with the law
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
do you understand what I'm saying? Cos u seem lost
It's you that's lost because you have made up your mind to think as you like. I showed you from the Bible in Matthew 23:23 that Jesus wasn't against tithing yet you choose to believe what you think. Now tell me ,did Jesus emphatically say Christians shouldn't pay tithe? No. So why the unnecessary argument. Why do you want Satan to use you to achieve his aim in this end time? Why have you bluntly refuse to subject yourself to learn instead of claiming right? As a Christian whatever you're thought, learned are subject to scrutiny and the best teacher is the holy spirit not just your Bible. Whatever you don't understand ask him to explain instead of studying the scriptures like story book.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It's you that's lost because you have made up your mind to think as you like. I showed you from the Bible in Matthew 23:23 that Jesus wasn't against tithing yet you choose to believe what you think. Now tell me ,did Jesus emphatically say Christians shouldn't pay tithe? No. So why the unnecessary argument. Why do you want Satan to use you to achieve his aim in this end time? Why have you bluntly refuse to subject yourself to learn instead of claiming right? As a Christian whatever you're thought, learned are subject to scrutiny and the best teacher is the holy spirit not just your Bible. Whatever you don't understand ask him to explain instead of studying the scriptures like story book.
stop quoting Mathew 23:23, you don't understand the message there, you are interpretating It to suit your ego
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Akin1212:

But Jesus said the only thing that decides going to hell or not is believing in him and not paying of tithes.

If God doesn't condone the pastors stealing the money and does not even stop the wasting of the money of tithers, then I'm sorry, he doesn't know what he is doing.

If you are Christian and you don't pay tithe, what are you stealing? The money you worked for? What kind of mentality is this? Do you need to be taught the definition of a thief?

How is the money God's money? Are you saying the money we printed here is from heaven? You have to wake up oo.
The Bible is clear on that. Mal 3:8 says it all. Will a man rob me? A robber is a thief based on that verse in the Bible. Now how will non tither make hell is found in 1 cor 6:9-10. A pastor that steals God's money will never make heaven but hell and his judgement will be stricter than every other persons( James 3:1). The Bible is clear on it. If they don't repent they wouldn't inherit heaven.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
stop quoting Mathew 23:23, you don't understand the message there, you are interpretating It to suit your ego
Oga am not misquoting but stating the way it's. No need to argue because Jesus never condemned paying tithe at all. So swallow your pride for once and pray to God to teach you. There's no shame in learning. I was like you and was taught

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obadiah777 Prophecy Is Looking Real America Is Ready For Wwlll / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures / Yoruba Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.