Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Anti-tithing Thread - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithing Thread (9424 Views)

Family Tithing In The Diaspora / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Oga am not misquoting but stating the way it's. No need to argue because Jesus never condemned paying tithe at all.
he never practises it and I won't do it because of that, I will always preach against the falsehood
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
he never practises it and I won't do it because of that, I will always preach against the falsehood
He never practised it indeed! You're so funny. Very funny even with the Bible verse. Swallow your pride before it's too late
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

He never practised it indeed! You're so funny. Very funny even with the Bible verse. Swallow your pride before it's too late
show me where he practised or preached about the topic, tithe.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
show me where he practised or preached about the topic, tithe.

Did Jesus broke the laws Yes or no?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Did Jesus broke the laws Yes or no?
I did no do the part that said pay tithe every 3years and burnt offerings
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I did no do the part that said pay tithe every 3years and burnt offerings
Answer the question yes or no
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Bible is clear on that. Mal 3:8 says it all. Will a man rob me? A robber is a thief based on that verse in the Bible. Now how will non tither make hell is found in 1 cor 6:9-10. A pastor that steals God's money will never make heaven but hell and his judgement will be stricter than every other persons( James 3:1). The Bible is clear on it. If they don't repent they wouldn't inherit heaven.

Oga, a nontither is not a thief. Whether the bible supports cheating the poor or not.
You defined it yourself thief must rob, then how are they robbing the God or the church? Are they burgling the church by not paying tithe?

A pastor who steals God's tithers money while God watches on as he buys private jets and luxurious cars, is that the one that will burn in hell when he had already enjoyed the world and his flesh that can feel pains would have rotten?

Abeg make tithers wake up before it's too late, there's no heaven, neither is there a place called hell.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
Akin1212:

Oga, a nontither is not a thief. Whether the bible supports cheating the poor or not.
You defined it yourself thief must rob, then how are they robbing the God or the church? Are they burgling the church by not paying tithe?

A pastor who steals God's tithers money while God watches on as he buys private jets and luxurious cars, is that the one that will burn in hell when he had already enjoyed the world and his flesh that can feel pains would have rotten?

Abeg make tithers wake up before it's too late, there's no heaven, neither is there a place called hell.
A true Christian will understand better what I just wrote.
A thief is a thief. The Bible made it clear already
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

A true Christian will understand better what I just wrote.
A thief is a thief. The Bible made it clear already

The Bible does not and cannot define a thief. The dictionary does.

Whatever is in the Bible cannot be verified because these people are not stealing from anybody.

Instead, it is their money they are bringing forward.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Akin1212:

The Bible does not and cannot define a thief. The dictionary does.

Whatever is in the Bible cannot be verified because these people are not stealing from anybody.

Instead, it is their money they are bringing forward.
The Bible is standard for Christians.it's what keeps the faith strong that's why it's being referenced to.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by SAVIOURJESUS: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
oya show me where Jesus practised it and also the apostles. Quote the bible passage
burnt offerings, sin offering and peace offering were all symbolic referring to the sacrifice of Jesus. which he fulfilled by his death.
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other.

Do you see Jesus didn't even condemn tithe payment. Notice that Judgement, mercy and faith were placed on the same category as tithe but those were higher than tithe.

Payment of tithe is out of love for God and a way to honor God not because it is a law.
What matters is that Christians agree so God agrees.
Shallom
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by SAVIOURJESUS: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
Why pay tithe?
Apart from earthly blessings that goes along with tithe, it is a proves that Christ is alive and even if pastors misuse it. They are not the ones that really receive it but your high priest Jesus on the other end of eternity and some day when you meet the Lord you will be surprised.
Hebrews 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
SAVIOURJESUS:
burnt offerings, sin offering and peace offering were all symbolic referring to the sacrifice of Jesus. which he fulfilled by his death.
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other.

Do you see Jesus didn't even condemn tithe payment. Notice that Judgement, mercy and faith were placed on the same category as tithe but those were higher than tithe.

Payment of tithe is out of love for God and a way to honor God not because it is a law.
What matters is that Christians agree so God agrees.
Shallom
Jesus never tithed sir
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Bible is standard for Christians.it's what keeps the faith strong that's why it's being referenced to.

So the Bible which is a standard and a reference for Christians stipulates that you are a thief when YOU decide not to give YOUR HARD EARNED money TO THE CHURCH?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by akeensbussy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Pay your tithe my brother. Pay it because your love God. Same Bible say " if you love me you will keep my commandments ". The word of God say love thy lord your God with all your heart,with all your mind with all your soul. It's the summary of the whole chapters in the Bible. How can you love God when you choose to rob him? Why would you think the accuser of the brethren wouldn't fault you for breaking the scriptures?. You think everything is just the blood. It goes beyond that

It means Jesus Christ and his disciples also rob God because I never read any where in the scripture where they either collect tithe or paid.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
akeensbussy:

It means Jesus Christ and his disciples also rob God because I never read any where in the scripture where they either collect tithe or paid.
How can God rob himself? Did Jesus change the law in the first place?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Akin1212:

So the Bible which is a standard and a reference for Christians stipulates that you are a thief when YOU decide not to give YOUR HARD EARNED money TO THE CHURCH?
The Bible made it clear on tithing. Don't give your tithe and watch how the accuser of the brethren will strike.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The Bible made it clear on tithing. Don't give your tithe and watch how the accuser of the brethren will strike.

I decide what I do with my money, and the accuser of the brethren cannot do shit_

What is the accuser of the brethren sef? Satan?

grin grin grin
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by savagefinder: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2017
Akin1212:

we are supposed to tithe but not in the twisted way our Pastors have presented it.
We are supposed to tithe one every month by bringing our food to God's house to eat our tithe and share with our brethren..

The once in 3 years we are supposed to bring a tithe of 3 years and give to the poor, Pastors and less privileged.. Our Pastors just went to manufacture one to fill their pockets..

By the way, my words are backed by the Bible

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22-29

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2017
savagefinder:
we are supposed to tithe but not in the twisted way our Pastors have presented it.
We are supposed to tithe one every month by bringing our food to God's house to eat our tithe and share with our brethren..

The once in 3 years we are supposed to bring a tithe of 3 years and give to the poor, Pastors and less privileged.. Our Pastors just went to manufacture one to fill their pockets..

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22-29

It's one of two things ...either;

(a) The pastor(s) are innocent and have been teaching a lie they inherited OR
(b) The pastor(s) know the truth, but have manipulated it to suit their greedy motives.

Either ways...it's good to know people are reading and researching before swallowing what these Men of God abi na God of men dey teach for Church.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2017
savagefinder:

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22-29

Is it by choice or it's compulsory.

Are you a THIEF if you don't tithe?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by akeensbussy(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

How can God rob himself? Did Jesus change the law in the first place?

If Jesus is God and wanted Christians to paid tithe to their pastors, don't u think he would have leave by example by collecting tithe while he himself will also pay tithe in order to show how good and important tithe is?

what do u think?....

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
akeensbussy:

If Jesus is God and wanted Christians to paid tithe to their pastors, don't u think he would have leave by example by collecting tithe while he himself will also pay tithe in order to show how good and important tithe is?

what do u think?....
Why would he? God isn't the respecter of anybody talkless of mortal man,mere dust from the ground. Jesus God in flesh never changed the laws but fulfilled it that's why he never commanded or spoke against tithing. Matthew 23:23 is there for you to read and see for yourself whether Jesus spoke against tithing. It's clear.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
Akin1212:

I decide what I do with my money, and the accuser of the brethren cannot do shit_

What is the accuser of the brethren sef? Satan?

grin grin grin
Don't nobody is forcing you not to give but have it at the back of your mind that you have being told. There's no excuse whatsoever when you face Yahweh for questioning
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
akeensbussy:

Neither in the Bible was it stated we shouldn't pay. If you can categorical point the exact verse in the Bible were it states you shouldn't pay then I will agree with you. No need beating around the bush saying this and that when the Bible made it clear on tithing.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Don't nobody is forcing you not to give but have it at the back of your mind that you have being told. There's no excuse whatsoever when you face Yahweh for questioning

Tithing is an old covenant requirement, which is a shadow of the new covenant. The new covenant requires sacrificial giving...to the less privileged as Jesus commanded.

Don't pour old wine in a new wineskin.

Cheers
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Akin1212(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

When I'm dead, right? Who gives a Bleep?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
Akin1212:

When I'm dead, right? Who gives a Bleep?
Time will tell
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Tithing is an old covenant requirement, which is a shadow of the new covenant. The new covenant requires sacrificial giving...to the less privileged as Jesus commanded.

Don't pour old wine in a new wineskin.

Cheers
If Tithe is an old covenant as acclaimed by you,why didn't Jesus say categorical that we shouldn't pay? Can you show from the Bible were Jesus say we shouldn't pay. Did Jesus changed the law or he fulfilled it?. The sacrifice Jesus made was atonement for our sins not tithe.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

If Tithe is an old covenant as acclaimed by you,why didn't Jesus say categorical that we shouldn't pay? Can you show from the Bible were Jesus say we shouldn't pay. Did Jesus changed the law or he fulfilled it?. The sacrifice Jesus made was atonement for our sins not tithe.

Did Jesus categorically say we should not eat pig?
Or did he categorically say we should not mix cotton with wool?

Hope you know these are also Mosaic laws you tithing fan boys did not cherry pick...

And yet we are doing these today!
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Did Jesus categorically say we should not eat pig?
Or did he categorically say we should not mix cotton with wool?

Hope you know these are also Mosaic laws you tithing fan boys did not cherry pick...

And yet we are doing these today!
I laugh grin grin grin. Was not eating of pig stated in the Bible yes or no? Do you drink blood because did Jesus say so?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I laugh grin grin grin. Was not eating of pig stated in the Bible yes or no? Do you drink blood because did Jesus say so?

Why do we have to pay tithes when Jesus has advised us to do better?

By the way, my body is now the living temple (and not a church building nor Church Pastor)

So therefore... I can swallow my tithe tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obadiah777 Prophecy Is Looking Real America Is Ready For Wwlll / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures / Yoruba Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.