Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,947 members, 7,863,356 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. (4588 Views)

Single Women , Marriage Isn't Only Priority, Building Your Brand / Why Do Married Women Marriage-Shame The Unmarried Ones / If A Man Proposes Marriage And She Refuses. What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
LordKO:

Next time choose your battle wisely. Lack of insight is a big disease - and no amount of schooling can cure it, only thoroughly acquired and continuous self-education can. Truly, arguing/dialogging with an articulate incompetent is akin to fighting with a pig; "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Only an insightful person can extrapolate. And one who can extrapolate will not find it difficult to agree with me that there's a tiny but very important difference between the noun words SUBMISSIVENESS and SUBMISSION. Just as there's a tiny but important difference between the words; NEED and WANT, GREEDINESS AND COVETOUSNESS, DEMAND AND REQUEST. Even sentences like "I love you" and "I am in love with you" has their tiny but important difference.

I even went to the extent of using Wikidiff to substantiate my claim, yet, some articulate incompetents are still adamant to learn - not surprised, because boisterousness is their thing, they don't like to lose honorably like responsible people do. LOL.: According to http://wikidiff.com/submission/submissiveness: As nouns the difference between submission and submissiveness is that submission is the act of submitting while submissiveness is the state or quality of being submissive. . . Which simply means that while the latter is an act of volition the former is an act of order/force.

A typical example of a bumkin is one that said:

- "Bumkin" has to do with ships. It's not a derogatory term" then after been defeated with fact that bumpkin means "an awkward, unsophisticated person; a yokel," came back within few minutes to further embarrass himself by concurring to my proven fact but without accepting his mental slowness.

- One who doesn't know that the word "indicator" as an active word doesn't mean the same thing as a passive word "appear" - especially in the context I used it, thus, maliciously misquoting me where I stated clearly and directly that most intelligent and confident people I know always appear self-effacing. And of course, it's also only a bumkin that won't understand that a negative word/action doesn't automatically mean an evil word/action - just as the lobby of a house doesn't mean insanity on the part of the architect that created it.

This is my final bye to you bumkin. LOL.

Oga i love the way you do play with words with seamless effort, there is always something new to learn from your posts all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
pryme:

The Poster ended up with self centered man, most times these kind of women deserve such men.
A man that allows his wife chase her own dreams, do her own thing are often termed "Weak",
[s]More often than not women begin to develop contempt for such men.[/s]

But then it takes a real woman to spot a real man,
Dont complain about the man you end up with, it was your call to make.

I know your problem

1 Like

Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by pryme(m): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I know your problem

do you even understand what am saying?
Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by tuscani: 2:52am On Nov 11, 2017
LordKO:
Trash! There's nothing wrong with a man that wants a submissive wife, or a wife that's submissive to her husband. Submissiveness isn't a vice rather its a good attribute. . . It takes effacement to be submissive. Neither being submissive equate to being subjugable nor being a first between equals equate to being a master. Mutual conscientious libertarians won't encounter any problem in a union of this structure.

However, there's everything wrong with a man that wants a slave as wife, or a wife that allows herself to be enslaved. Only a domineering man longs to subjugate his wife, and only an omega class woman can endure his small-mindedness.

OP, next time don't mix up submissiveness with slavery. It's an abomination to advise women to run away from men that expects them to be submissive. Only wannabe feminist - conceited, narcissistic and contentious women - or outright feeble-minded women that supports popular opinions without practicing them will agree with the OP.

I enjoyed some good command of English language. . Just as a foot note, when a woman in labour has a cervix that is not effacing ( no effacement), the woman can not deliver, she will most likely have a caesarian section

1 Like

Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by Humanistme: 11:23am On Nov 16, 2017
interesting
Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
Re: Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. by Geofavor(m): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
DarkRebel69:

There's no need to get salty. Just admit that you were talking a boatload of crap.

Besides, "bumkin" has to do with ships. It's not a derogatory term, which I assume you think it is. If you meant it as an abuse then you should have said "bumpkin". LOL

Empty barrels make the loudest noises.

The link to the website that you posted said absolutely nothing about a "tiny difference" (as you opined) between "submission" and "submissiveness". (I just wanted to get that out of the way before you think you have posted a valid link).

For the sake of you and your kind who have insufferably tiny IQs, I will try to explain as simply as I can, in the wild hope that you would eventually see how all what you've been doing is firing blanks (even though I'd have a better chance of persuading a volcano to not erupt than in making you see that you've been talking gibberish).

Now you say "submission" is different from "submissiveness", so let's see what Wikipedia has to say about the two terms:

1) Submission: "the action of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person."

2) Submissiveness: "the quality of being submissive."

3) Submissive: "ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive."

In the foregoing, we can see that submission is defined as the act of accepting or yielding to the authority of another person. Submissiveness is also said to be the quality of being submissive. And to be submissive was also defined as being ready or willing to yield/conform to the authority of others (which is basically the same thing as “submission”).

Like I said, your IQ is tiny. I'm not even trying to curse you or something; I'm just stating a fact. If you cannot see that the two words are literally the same thing, then I have no business exchanging words with you. You're just too dumb.

You used "intelligent and confident" in your post, and I used "intelligence and self-confidence". Anyone with a remotely discriminating mind would have known that I only paraphrased your words, not alter them.

Stop embarassing yourself in public and do your research. Self-effacement is rarely a good quality.

Whatever, charlatan. Once again, it's "bumpkin", not "bumkin". LOL.
No two words mean EXACTLY the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Yoruba Dude Said He Will Bang His Rivers Friends Sister During An Argument / Please How Do You Know If A Girl Gave Birth Or Had An Abortion / Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.