Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? (4352 Views)

Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? / Have You Dated A Big Girl Before? Here Is My Experience With Them / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
Daddy issues: an informal term used to refer to women whose dysfunctional relationships with their absent, emotionally unavailable or abusive fathers have affected their relationships with men.

Signs include:

1. They have anxious attachments: the fear of being abandoned.

2. The fear of being vulnerable: the natural instinct to protect themselves from being hurt as a result of having a neglectful father.

3. They have sex a lot to validate their desirability.

4. They have trust issues.

5. They pick unhealthy partners.

6. Have issues with boundaries: they may reveal too much about themselves on the first date. Or fall in love really quick and except partners to immediately commit.

7. They put their partners on a pedestal: kinda make them the father they never had.

8. They usually date older men.

These women (and even men) have an insatiable need to recieve love.

Mynd44

Seun

Lalasticlala

Dominique

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
To those who have this problem, you're not at fault.

The parent-child relationship is amongst the most important which significantly affects our belief about relationships and love.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
My ex and her dad are always quarrelling, the man really flog her for small, they dislike each other strongly. For this reason, she thinks all men are scum, when ever we had little misunderstanding, she’ll start raising her voice like a lion, it even got to a point that she embarrasses me in public. The last one she did early last month made me give her red card, she embarrassed the living day light out of me, i even sustained some injuries self. I just reason my life say fine boy like me, na me this girl dey yeye up and down so, i just give her red card and life ban

My little advice

Stay away from girls that are not in peace with their father. E get why

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Haynnie: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
I think I’ve been with some with this situation
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by iCauseTrouble: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
Atiku your unifier and Tinubu your helper are on vacation in another man's country, enjoying 24hrs electricity while his supporters are in Nigeria looking for where to charge their phones for 15mins. So they can come online to beg for money & attack the OBIdients. Who's fooling who?

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Atiku your unifier and Tinubu your helper are on vacation in another man's country, enjoying 24hrs electricity while his supporters are in Nigeria looking for where to charge their phones for 15mins. So they can come online to beg for money & attack the OBIdients. Who's fooling who?
This has nothing to do with my thread. Campaign for your candidate in the politics section. Not here. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:
My ex and her dad are always quarrelling, the man really flog her for small, they dislike each other strongly. For this reason, she thinks all men are scum, when ever we had little misunderstanding, she’ll start raising her voice like a lion, it even got to a point that she embarrasses me in public. The last one she did early last month made me give her red card, she embarrassed the living day light out of me, i even sustained some injuries self. I just reason my life say fine boy like me, na me this girl dey yeye up and down so, i just give her red card and life ban

My little advice

Awful. I'm sorry.

If only fathers would be there for their daughters, there would be less girls struggling with their feelings and taking it out on other men.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Haynnie:
I think I’ve been with some with this situation
Any experience?
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Winter03:
Awful. I'm sorry.

If only fathers would be there for their daughters, there would be less girls struggling with their feelings and taking it out on other men.

This your comment is the same reason why i kept on forgiving her whenever she misbehaves, i later realised she is broken beyond repair.
Some girls just choose to dwell in the past.

My dad is a military man, he has never stayed full 3 months with us since we were born. Today duty tomorrow Liberia next tomorrow sudan and so on, but i can boldly say my sisters are not wayward at all.

My point
At times you just have to build yourself, your parents can’t give 100%.

And if you check most of the girls that keep on haven quarrels with their fathers, you’ll see that they are the problem not the father at all.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

This your comment is the same reason why i kept on forgiving her whenever she misbehaves, i later realised she is broken beyond repair.

My dad is a military man, he has never stayed full 3 months with us since we were born. Today duty tomorrow Liberia next tomorrow sudan and so on, but i can boldly say my sisters are not wayward at all.

My point

And if you check most of the girls that keep on haven quarrels with their fathers, you’ll see that they are the problem not the father at all.

You should understand. I'm not defending her behaviour. People are different. Some children are emotionally stronger than others. What hurts you wouldn't hurt me and vice versa.

Your father was absent but you knew he loved you. Your girlfriend's father might have not shown her any love.

And the girl is to blame for her father abandoning her as a child? Doesn't make any sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Winter03:

You should understand. I'm not defending her behaviour. People are different. Some children are emotionally stronger than others. What hurts you wouldn't hurt me and vice versa.

Your father was absent but you knew he loved you. Your girlfriend's father might have not shown her any love.

And the girl is to blame for her father abandoning her as a child? Doesn't make any sense.

Her father didn’t really abandon her
He was there but the flogging was there as well.
Dude was just angry he didn’t get a male child so he passed the aggression on all 3 girls.
Her two siblings are very close to their dad right now but my ex never healed, she still sees him like a monster.

When ever we are arguing she always says “ now you are beginning to sound like my father”. Uhhh that words burns me seriously,
I just had to leave her before she turns me to a woman beater

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Her father didn’t really abandon her
He was there but the flogging was there as well.
Dude was just angry he didn’t get a male child so he passed the aggression on all 3 girls.
Her two siblings are very close to their dad right now but my ex never healed, she still sees him like a monster.

When ever we are arguing she always says “ now you are beginning to sound like my father”. Uhhh that words burns me seriously,
I just had to leave her before she turns me to a woman beater

What she went through is sad. Imagine if you grew up knowing your father never wanted you but a girl child. And he beat you a lot for that. It's abuse. And yes, her father is a monster.

She needs to move on and heal. But you should be sensitive enough to understand her. She's still hurt. You beat her for that and you're no better than her father.

But it's a good thing you left. She would find someone better who would help her let go of the past and live.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Penaldo: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
They should be avoided at all cost

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
Very bad experience

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
bukky1994:
Very bad experience
Could you share? Even if it's a summary.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
Winter03:
Could you share? Even if it's a summary.
never encountered any
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Winter03:

What she went through is sad. Imagine if you grew up knowing your father never wanted you but a girl child. And he beat you a lot for that. It's abuse. And yes, her father is a monster.

She needs to move on and heal. But you should be sensitive enough to understand her. She's still hurt. You beat her for that and you're no better than her father.

But it's a good thing you left. She would find someone better who would help her let go of the past and live.

I didn’t beat her oh bros
Only weak men beat women

You don’t know what i Endured for 2 years bro
This babe will wake up in the middle of the night and start crying, I’ll make sure i pet her till she falls back asleep, as soon as she feels better the next day, I’ll be her first enemy.
God knows I have tried my best, I can’t let anyone damage me mentally because of relationship.
She once told me she and her ex use to fight regularly, i mean punch and slap throwing. I thought it was a lie until the day she locked my neck and tore my fine shirt.

Brother man, this girl needs a therapist not me, i can’t continue being a punching bag and insult bag to her.

i hope she finds someone she can embarrass publicly and he won’t say jack

If I’m your brother
Will you advise me to continue dating her

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Only weak men beat women

This babe will wake up in the middle of the night and start crying, I’ll make sure i pet her till she falls back asleep, as soon as she feels better the next day, I’ll be her first enemy.
God knows I have tried my best, I can’t let anyone damage me mentally because of relationship.
She once told me she and her ex use to fight regularly, i mean punch and slap throwing. I thought it was a lie until the day she locked my neck and tore my fine shirt.

Brother man, this girl needs a therapist not me, i can’t continue being a punching bag and insult bag to her.

If I’m your brother
I agree completely. She needs help. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by placeofallure(f): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

My little advice

Wow! Different strokes for different folks.

Growing up, my dad never raised a finger on me. He's a sweet darling. There's nothing I ask within his means that he doesn't give me. Up till tomorrow, he calls first to wish me a happy birthday. He can call for Africa! On my wedding day, he did almost everything. Often he will call very early in the morning and sing my "oriki" for minutes. I do wonder whether he sees me in his dreams. He's not like this with my other siblings though. That's a little grey area cause they get jealous at times. He got me my first phone. Love you Daddy, so much.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
placeofallure:

Wow! Different strokes for different folks.

Growing up, my dad never raised a finger on me. He's a sweet darling. There's nothing I ask within his means that he doesn't give me. Up till tomorrow, he calls first to wish me a happy birthday. He can call for Africa! On my wedding day, he did almost everything. He will call and sing my "oriki" for minutes. He's not like this with my other siblings though. That's a little grey area cause they get jealous at times. He got me my first phone. Love you Daddy, so much.
Lucky you
The only birthday I celebrated and my dad was around was my 3 years birthday
Lol
Man was never around.
For over a year now we’ve not set our eyes on him
Thank God for phones
But we still love the man scatter

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Prettygirl200(f): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Only weak men beat women

If I’m your brother
No I won't, if everything u are saying here it's the way it was, then it's good u left.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Prettygirl200:
No I won't, if everything u are saying here it's the way it was, then it's good u left.

That’s the truth oh
My eyes saw shege
I know I’m not a saint but I didn’t deserve what i went through in her hands
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Prettygirl200(f): 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

That’s the truth oh
My eyes saw shege
I know I’m not a saint but I didn’t deserve what i went through in her hands
Awwwnnnnn so sorry dear, apologies on her behalf. Damn nasty am out of here >: grin grin > grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Awwwnnnnn so sorry dear, apologies on her behalf. Damn nasty am out of here >: grin grin > grin
Lol
I hear you

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by blaquebelle: 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
Wahala grin grin
Op these are lies sha. There's more that contributes to someone's personality. You shouldn't generalise like this.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by BigCowH0rn: 1:16am On Jul 06, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Only weak men beat women

If I’m your brother

You are not the man for her. Staying on would have complicated both your lives.

Yes, she is broken but not beyond repair.

She needs a older man... one at least 10 to 15 years older.
One strong enough to subdue her physically without beating or fighting her.
One strong enough emotionally to talk firmly to her with complete authrity
One who loves her and she knows it

Once she finds such a man, 6 months and you won't believe she is the same person.

That's a very passionate woman you had there. Her kind can be incredibly loyal even to a fault.
If you check well she never cheated on you but can give you hell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 2:05am On Jul 06, 2022
BigCowH0rn:

You are not the man for her. Staying on would have complicated both your lives.

Yes, she is broken but not beyond repair.

She needs a older man... one at least 10 to 15 years older.
One strong enough to subdue her physically without beating or fighting her.
One strong enough emotionally to talk firmly to her with complete authrity
One who loves her and she knows it

Once she finds such a man, 6 months and you won't believe she is the same person.

That's a very passionate woman you had there. Her kind can be incredibly loyal even to a fault.
If you check well she never cheated on you but can give you hell

Not cheating doesn’t make a woman loyal, a woman who raises her hands against a man is as bad as a cheating woman.
If i tell you the amount of time I spend online reading about how to help her and the amount of people I’ve asked how to change her, you won’t believe.
For me, love is not a do or die affair.
She’ll calm down one day, maybe when she hits her late 20s.

Her dad broke her and her ex broke her even more.
Relationships are meant to be enjoyed not endured, i endured for 2 years. No more....no more.

I’m not trying to say she’s all bad and no good oh, she does everything a normal woman should do but as soon as she sees something that concerns fathers or cheating boyfriends, her switch changes, and of course she passes the aggressive on me.
Brother man, if i start to talk watin my eyes done see, i no go fit talk am finish.

A lot of people suffer in silence but come out with a bright smile.
I was one of them.
No more..... no more

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by Eagba(m): 3:48am On Jul 06, 2022
Winter03:

" someone better" like you right?
baba don Bob baba don Bob. let the matter rest.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by 9japride(m): 4:12am On Jul 06, 2022
@Op it's good you left. If you are not strong mentally, she will eventually pull into her level of constant wahala. Normally, in foreign countries, people like that needs therapy to heal. Anyone that blames you for leaving her, should go and date someone like her to experience it in real time. Men plays a major role in a family and society at large.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by space9880: 7:01am On Jul 06, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

My point

my ex was like yours too, I was in a toxic relationship for 2yrs but finally got out.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by space9880: 7:04am On Jul 06, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Only weak men beat women

If I’m your brother
don’t go back bro the earlier you leave the better. Man eye don see many things wey e no won talk
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Girl With Daddy Issues? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:22am On Jul 06, 2022
blaquebelle:
Wahala grin grin
Op these are lies sha. There's more that contributes to someone's personality. You shouldn't generalise like this.

80% of those things hold good for 80% of ladies with abusive parents.

I've been with 2 so far, and I have friends that have been with others.

So if you think it's a lie, get out of the thread and create your own truth.

C'est Fini

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Tired, Please Help(pics) / Sex Secrets Guys Wish Ladies Know About / When You Tell Her/him I Love You And You Get No Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.