Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (100760 Views)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / David Ibiyeomie Welcomes Bishop Oyedepo As He Dedicates CIA / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by omoelerin1: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2017
Lokoyen:

Kill urself oponu!
'My people perish because they lack knowledge'. Dumb, you had better free yourself from religious slavery. Some people are just narrowly minded that they cannot reason again.
dindinrin amunkunm'eko.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2017
balladin:

You miss the point entirely. Comparing a church building with a football stadium is laughable. Hope that was a joke. Now seriously, the church has abandoned missions to the hinterlands. There are locations that the gospel has not reached in Nigeria. Guess they can't give fat offerings talk more of paying tithes. God will ask our mega pastors questions. All the money spent on building universities that average Christians cannot afford can evangelize a whole lot of souls.
What are you talking about sir Is it RCCG that has abandoned the hinterlands or is it living faith. On my way to Kwara alone I couldn't count the number of living faith churches I encountered in rural communities and town. Why don't you go sign up as a missionary in any of these ministeries and go to the so called hinterlands.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by ladyverere(f): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2017
But how does a mere building fulfills the said Mandate to liberate the world from all oppression of the devil through the preaching of the Word of Faith? If Oyedepo and his overzealous members are really zealous to achieve that, let him send missionaries to the remote areas of the world who are still living in darkness not knowing the truth of the gospel that can set them free. Not wasting money on a mere building that helps no one. They are too materialistic in that church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2017
whitestar01:
so you think money makin will cover up your sins. Do you know that you 're worshippin oyedep & money instead of JEHOVA
Nigeria will get there. your post does not go with the argument.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
oga leave Al dis stories if u give and u don't make move or no good opportunity comes ur way no difference....countries of the world that are prosperous...do rite things..bt d black race we have allowed religion to be cloud and block our senses....Lee kwan yu of Singapore was agnostic and took Singapore to gr8 heights....
wheredid i say his sins are forgiven because he built a church? how did you know he is a sinner? una just like to dey yan Off point? how am i worshipping Oyedepo?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2017
Josh44s:

My dogs weekly feeding allowance is enough to find your entire family (both extended and well wishers) 3 correct square meal for one year.
NA SO ! grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by toye440: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2017
spongeisback:
Most DEFINITELY built by a POLITICIAN as a favor. Should this sort of project be applauded in a time like this when Nigeria is going below the poverty line? What happened to building industries?! Come on this is a huge WASTE. We don't lack churches in Nigeria heck in a small close with 5-6 houses you will see upto 3 different churches. We lack businesses,factories,health centers not churches. This churches OWE Nigerians this! It's their social responsibility. They act like parasites only taking not even contributing to their hosts.
its y Nigeria would always b a third world country. We love US,UK, CANADA and most European countries, sad to say r not even religious but they choose to use their brains rather than being pious. This man reminds me of Saul in d bible, who was given simple instruction to kill all but saw need to sacrifice d fat oxen to God wch looks almost reasonable but d instruction says kill all.
Now comparing this gesture to that of Saul: this means we go after those things that looks dear to us neglecting d dearest ones. Its a very brilliant move but d church is never in structures but in us, if u walk on d street it is the church of Jesus walking on d street. Build d man and u build d church, so y not add value to d life of ur members or immediate environment let dem feel Jesus cares.
Its quite unfortunate today that we place so much value in structures, than we do our members, d church needs to understand u cant serve God with comfort even God laboured, prosperity cant just fall on u without labour, if it does its corruption. Finally brethren; any church that focus or pay heavy attention on church budgets than its members i dear to say is a FRAUD.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

So, the church is now an inheritance for the Oyedepo family?
Which of your church members that Oyedepo is praying for has half of Dangote's money?
Stop talking as if you lack commonsense.

I'll give my tithes to beggars and genuine missionaries in need. One pastor can't be using my money to flex and buy luxury goods.
How is it an inheritance? what is there to gain or benefit? how much do pastors earn? how much do you think Oyedpo is earning? does Oyedpo use the living faith church to go secure loan from banks and run businesses? does he use the buildings and properties as collaterals? why cant you think deep and understand what the church is all about?@ bolded, When I saw how passionate the wealthy were serving God in the living faith church, I made up my mind to understand so many things. When you get to the church and see how God is blessing his people, you will see that its not every body that has money that loves to make noise or wants the title richest men

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by ladyverere(f): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2017
zionmde:
wow
This is so amazing
That member will never ever run dry in his life again.
He has secured his life, the life of his kids, the lives of his grandchildren because he built a house for a God that remembers the good works of a servant and blesses even up to his 10th generations.
Many will say he is foolish, but can a man who made so much money be that foolish as not to know the right place to invest his money?

Let me see wat those our tithe our offering bla bla bla haters will have to say

It's not about being haters or even criticising him. I am sure he did what he was led to do. But remember that the LORD we serve does not live in buildings made by the hands of men. The building or temple He lives is our own hearts. You do not know how that man lives his life, nor his children and the rest of his family. Christianity is a personal race, each of us will be accountable for our deeds. Our parents 'goodness' will not save us. And most definitely money is not a yardstick for determining one's salvation. That he erected a billion naira building for worship does not automatically gives him a ticket to Heaven. Only the true repentance and total submission to the will of God Almighty does.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by hohafrank(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2017
valgbo:
Na WA oh..... but that building can't be UpTo one billion Na
Have you seen the entire structures and the surroundings,
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by majormofor(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2017
100million is enough to build church na haba...call up youth dat av great product to produce..get d best and help just 5....and watch Dem develop n help others dis for me is d church.. Nigeria Sha...God 1 billion naira,one person use build church.naaah it's. not dat we lack churches ooo abeg do we av common sense at all
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by toye440: 9:42am On Nov 10, 2017
majekdom2:
How is it an inheritance? what is there to gain or benefit? how much do pastors earn? how much do you think Oyedpo is earning? does Oyedpo use the living faith church to go secure loan from banks and run businesses? does he use the buildings and properties as collaterals? why cant you think deep and understand what the church is all about?@ bolded, When I saw how passionate the wealthy were serving God in the living faith church, I made up my mind to understand so many things. When you get to the church and see how God is blessing his people, you will see that its not every body that has money that loves to make noise or wants the title richest men
Brother dont b deceived by pretence in church u cant bribe God with service. stealing from peter to pay paul is still a sin. We covet material things so easily that we no longer hear from God, and some saw it as an avenue to milk u dry. Pls its good to b successful but wen pastors only preach success and prosperity forgetting d last commandment before ascention wch requires that u and i go to every nooks and cranny and preach the gospel of his coming and requires that ppl turn away from their wicked ways and turn to God for eternal life. pls wen was d last time ur pastors preach from d book of REVELATION. hmmmm dont worry i know dey dont.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Ifeanyi4real(m): 9:43am On Nov 10, 2017
I billion indeed, keep lying for Africa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by paxonel(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2017
Desyner:
Then report the person to God and let God handle a ''wasteful'' spender.
As if God do not know about them?
It's just that everyone have the right to spend their money anyhow they want it grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by COCKCROW: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2017
BruncleZuma:

The path to heaven or jannah will never be bought by money...

Is it by suicide bombing or jihading?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by BruncleZuma: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2017
COCKCROW:

Is it by suicide bombing or jihading?

Jumaat Mubarak my good friend, the answer is no.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by adeadeyera(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2017
Statsocial:
Since it won't be used for Sunday services yet then LFC should lend it out to another church for Sundays till they would need it. This would ensure the facility doesn't rot from disuse.

You have a valid point. But would the so-called church "in dire need" BE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO APPROACH LFC, asking to occupy for Sunday use?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2017
toye440:

Brother dont b deceived by pretence in church u cant bribe God with service. stealing from peter to pay paul is still a sin. We covet material things so easily that we no longer hear from God, and some saw it as an avenue to milk u dry. Pls its good to b successful but wen pastors only preach success and prosperity forgetting d last commandment before ascention wch requires that u and i go to every nooks and cranny and preach the gospel of his coming and requires that ppl turn away from their wicked ways and turn to God for eternal life. pls wen was d last time ur pastors preach from d book of REVELATION. hmmmm dont worry i know dey dont.
you are not a member of the church so you won't know and if you don't know keep your mouth shut. This same winners preaching prosperity and success are the ones that organise program every quarter for massive soul winning. In prayers, evangelism and giving. The pray in the morning an evenings fo God to bring lost souls, they ask members to win the minimum number of souls. If you don't know, it's best you keep your mouth shut!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by BlueRayDick: 11:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Keneeby:

Wen Solomon sacrificed a thousand rams and sheeps to God, many Israelites were suffering in hunger, Wen Mary poured a very costly oil on the feet of Jesus, many beggars were on the streets, wen Solomon built a temple of gold to God, there were many beggars in Israel. So stop wailing Mr Wailer.

You just keep saying these lines it keeps making you look like a zombie who cant make logical reasoning. Solomon sacrificed thousands of rams why cant you too sacrifice rams na shebi you are practising SOLOMONtainity? You will definitely tell me Christ has washed all our sins and we can worship God now without having to make sacrifice. Most of you are quick to point out Solomon as an excuse for wasteful spending that adds no value to the brethren, you are quick to neglect how Christ was more concerned about the poor whom he majorly focused on. yet you call yourself a Christian. smh.

You can as well call yourself a Judaist and I wouldn't be bothered if you shove the Solomon defence in my face, but setting aside everything Jesus stood for and proudly refrencing Solomon in this case get as e be.

By the way, I think someone already told you the rams were given to the poor to eat after they were sacrificed. Am waiting for you to tell me the Church will be opened to poor and homeless people to sleep in. As if it is not the same church that doesn't allow the aborigines sit together with other congregants because they always appear dirty somewhere in the north where I was for a year.smh
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by BlueRayDick: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2017
Themandator:

Our actions are a prophecy to our future ...a man who spends his time telling the rich how to spend his resources rather learning how to become rich clearly lacks wisdom and is bound to be under forever

If I were you, I would do exactly what the donor did in that area I feel he ought to have invested his resources and then call him out.

And how do you define rich sir? Donating a building worth 1billion if I may ask?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Lokoyen(m): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2017
omoelerin1:
'My people perish because they lack knowledge'. Dumb, you had better free yourself from religious slavery. Some people are just narrowly minded that they cannot reason again.
dindinrin amunkunm'eko.

Kill urself Mr Wise and intelligent. Hope ur wisdom av made you world/s richest?

OMo ti o ye ti wan ti fi se nko osu!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Keneeby(m): 11:44am On Nov 10, 2017
BlueRayDick:

You just keep saying these lines it keeps making you look like a zombie who cant make logical reasoning. Solomon sacrificed thousands of rams why cant you too sacrifice rams na shebi you are practising SOLOMONtainity? You will definitely tell me Christ has washed all our sins and we can worship God now without having to make sacrifice. Most of you are quick to point out Solomon as an excuse for wasteful spending that adds no value to the brethren, you are quick to neglect how Christ was more concerned about the poor whom he majorly focused on. yet you call yourself a Christian. smh.

You can as well call yourself a Judaist and I wouldn't be bothered if you shove the Solomon defence in my face, but setting aside everything Jesus stood for and proudly refrencing Solomon in this case get as e be.

By the way, I think someone already told you the rams were given to the poor to eat after they were sacrificed. Am waiting for you to tell me the Church will be opened to poor and homeless people to sleep in. As if it is not the same church that doesn't allow the aborigines sit together with other congregants because they always appear dirty somewhere in the north where I was for a year.smh

Human beings are meant to complain so keep complaining mr complainer. You can start building your house give it to the poor. The man have done what is in his heart. So leave him alone, Many are outside there making millions, you are here looking for somebody to take you out of your self-enclaved poverty.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
Themandator:

Which foundation made him? The word ...that is his own foundation... when you come into your money through your win foundation give back to it or it will crumble and wash away your making with it
The word? stop deceiving yourself God is still hungry, not clothed yet, sick and homeless yet oyedepo is robbing him.

Dangote knows nothing about the word, his money has not washed away, the world richest billionaires knows nothing about the word yet thier money has not washed away, neither have they robbed anyone, yet they have clothed, fed, sheltered god through their various charity organizations.

Tell god of men to stop the stealing and deterioration of our society.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by mabea: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
davodyguy:

Worldly wisdom ko, Cult wisdom no. Abeg go sleep. What do you know about ministerial work?
Many ministers cajole church worshippers. Don't let me start telling you what will shock you
Please dont because it's not necessary.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
majekdom2:
wheredid i say his sins are forgiven because he built a church? how did you know he is a sinner? una just like to dey yan Off point? how am i worshipping Oyedepo?
read my post again and comment on it....ur response no tally with wetin I tok...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by toye440: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
majekdom2:
you are not a member of the church so you won't know and if you don't know keep your mouth shut. This same winners preaching prosperity and success are the ones that organise program every quarter for massive soul winning. In prayers, evangelism and giving. The pray in the morning an evenings fo God to bring lost souls, they ask members to win the minimum number of souls. If you don't know, it's best you keep your mouth shut!
sorry u speak like a 10yr old, i mean absolute child. Pls i don't want to join issues with u, trust me u need jesus in ur life.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Organs(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
zionmde:

Am not here all that nonsense. I know islam in and out, u cant guess how many times i have been in sultan's palace. I was even there during his 10th year anniversary last year. So spare me all that rubbish.
I warned the guy i quoted to back off my mention or i dissect the life of mohammed for him and he didn't listen. I won't give u the same warning because u re probably trying to propagate ur useless religion. But as for those rubbish u wrote there, i don't do that argument. So shove it into ur nostrils where satan sleeps and find a sharp stone to slam ur head tomorrow

Zionmade: I am not trying to propagate my religion to you. Islam is practiced by those with intellect or common sense, i am only calling you out on your lies, lies and lies. Criticize Islam all you want but at the very least be truthful and back it up with facts. You don't go quoting non-existent verses and say you know islam or say the prophet said camel urine is good without any proof whatsoever. Talk intelligently and not the fool that you are, mumu raised to power infinitum.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
toye440:

sorry u speak like a 10yr old, i mean absolute child. Pls i don't want to join issues with u, trust me u need jesus in ur life.
grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Themandator: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
BlueRayDick:

And how do you define rich sir? Donating a building worth 1billion if I may ask?

I dot have a definition for you but my two Kobo advice , go make your own money and spend it as you deem fit ... it is his or her money and how it is spent should not be your business ... he has invested in what he believes in ... you should make yours and also invest it as you deem fit ... stop taking panadol for another's headache

1billion is 100,000,000 in ten places .... that should be your concern... making yours and not telling another man how to spend his
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
BruncleZuma:

The path to heaven or jannah will never be bought by money...
if I could like and share this again and again I will....heaven cant be bought by money...if u like give tithe all ur life...if ur heart isn't pure....I will gladly welcome you in hell...am not fighting for heaven tho...in fact am in line in throne to the devil...and many of you will suffer in my hands in hell...I promise...hell is my kingdom...actually.. just like the son of God..who came to earth....my father, Satan sent me to earth...am the SON OF THE DEVIL...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Girl DIES for 23 hours and claims she saw Hell / TB Joshua's Simple Sitting Room (Photos) / Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.