Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (60014 Views)

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone / Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Abudu2000(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
jacyhelen:

her pix
shocked Jesu, .. your's not bad btw grin grin or That nah be ya real face grin
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by sinceraconcept(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
uboma:
Apostle Suleiman should shut his mouth.

Where are the books written by him whose proceeds he uses to maintain his luxurious lifestyle?

Apostle Suleiman, the Clergyman, who likes to end his love sessions behind.....
all his 50+ books can't even a buy a Venza not to talk of the extravagant lifestyle. who spends book money lavishly?
he said you shouldn't pocket all the tithe,but you can pocket 99% and spend 1% on the community abi?

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by FaniDan(f): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
OldBeer:
Mumu.
, you ba
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by FaniDan(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
blackpanda:

It doesnt work that way. God is not a native doctor. If he was they wouldnt have been able to murder jesus christ
, Are you also doubting the Bible, touch not my anointed
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by IdiAmin2(m): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
If anyone is not a pastor,he shouldnt criticise a pastor? He should leave everything to God?
Really?
Is that the best the apostle that spends the tithes he receives from his sheeples on heavily endowed actresses can come up with?

Going by his logic,a citizen cannot complain about the politicians at the helm of affairs just because such a citizen is not a politician himself.

Y'all can see how KNOWLEDGABLE your 'MEN OF GOD' are

bro, the thing tire me ooo
i just weak
so if you catch a pastor trying to molesting your underage daughter, you should not criticise the pastor because you are not a pastor, just leave everything to god. abi? issorite

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Benekruku(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Habyz:
“Let it be clear that if anyone is not a pastor, he has no right to attack a pastor on church issue. He should leave everything to God. I only laugh. Somebody who is not a doctor cannot teach a certified doctor how to go about doing his job; he will just be laughed at. Someone who is not a journalist can’t teach a true journalist how he should do his work; they will just be laughing at him.
Is being a pastor a job? undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by saint047(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
entparrot:

So not paying tithe mean you don't believe in God.

Tithe is Christian stuff, Buddhist don't pay tithe yet they believe in God, and treat human equal.

What ever u believe works, any month I refused to pay my tithe I will end up spending it fixing my car, paying for drugs and others things. People believed psalm 91,psalm 23 but refuses to believe Malachi 3v10. We should believe all parts of the Bible not some parts

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by FaniDan(f): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
ivolt:

grin grin grin
Sheeple spotted.
You cannot live fully if fear rules over your mind.
Good and bad things happen in life, it has nothing
to do with worshipping or insulting pastors.
, Bros its not fear ooo am a Christian Christ-like. Touch not my anointed
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by sinceraconcept(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Samusu:
E de pain them wallahi.

Freeze abi freezer wan spoil market for them.

#freethesheeplemovement
The worst part of it is that Freeze is very versed with bible. The guy can quote Bible pass anything,so there is no iruju,he knows what they know,so they have nothing on him

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Topgainer: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
It is becoming clearer by the day that the Christianity where brethren fellowship and share common wealth is giving way for the Christian Corperations where the CEOs instill fear of themselves in their slaves and cajole them to bow the knee.
"How dare you ask questions don't you know I am a man of god"
"If I hear pim, I curse you" are among the word tools used to control the herd.
Jesus, Apostle Paul, Apostle Peter and the early Church didn't need tithe to maintain God's work, yet they were most effective.

I think God is in the business of liberating Christians pinned down by false Shepherds who are more interested in erecting commercial empires. It is worse now than when Jesus used cain to drive away traders and bureau de change operators from the Jerusalem Temple.
What else will they not sell in churches today for profit? Anointed water, blood of Jesus, magazines, books, tapes, stickers, bangles, wristband, handkerchief, seeds, fruits, tickets, bills, anointed bread, even abstract things like hope, mercy, faith, blessings, healings, success, warfare, breakthrough and favours are all up for sale to people that can come forward with the money. In the worst cases, the prize tags are mentioned. For instance people who need favours should stand with a million each to support the work of God. Those who need breakthrough should come forward for special prayers with half a million each.
This is pure mockery of the foundational Church and the grace of Jesus.
More people will continue to ask questions about this brand of Christianity where money is the god and men of gods its chief servants.

12 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Ajalekoko76(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
D.response belittle d person of Apostle Suliamon. Does it mean we congregants don't Av say in church matters or biblical teaching? Are we forbidden to speak against evil teaching and doctrine? Tithe and offering collections in churches today do not aligned with the spirit and letters of words of God. Tell me to keep off from church matters because am not a pastor is an insult from the pit of hell

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by anochuko01(m): 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
If anyone is not a pastor,he shouldnt criticise a pastor? He should leave everything to God?
Really?
Is that the best the apostle that spends the tithes he receives from his sheeples on heavily endowed actresses can come up with?

Going by his logic,a citizen cannot complain about the politicians at the helm of affairs just because such a citizen is not a politician himself.

Y'all can see how KNOWLEDGABLE your 'MEN OF GOD' are
going by logic, no civilian knows the law as much as the law makers. that's the right relationship
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by AngelicBeing: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
sad
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by dfrost: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
FaniDan:
, Touch not my anointed

Story. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
IdiAmin2:

bro, the thing tire me ooo
i just weak
so if you catch a pastor trying to molesting your underage daughter, you should not criticise the pastor because you are not a pastor, just leave everything to god. abi? issorite
Lol
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by critic007(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
somehow:
Maybe you don't know the meaning of forcing.

When members are given tithe cards, it's to segregate those not paying.
When those paying are made to stand up every Sunday just to make them feel good and make those not paying look like thieves.
When those paying are given more relevance than those not paying.
When curses are used to threaten those not paying.
When promises of blessings are used to entice those paying.

These are called systematic threats/enticement which can be tagged as direct or indirect force.

U spoke my mind. These were reasons I stopped paying tithes in the church around 2007. How can a true church segregate those with tithes from those without?

Of what use is specifying or tagging the tithes cards with a tither's name or number?

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
InsideOut247:
@InsideOutBlog

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6236908_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

The President of the Omega Fire Ministries worldwide (OFM), Apostle Johnson Suleman, has lent his voice to the burning issue on tithing stoked by an OAP, Daddy Freeze.

Below is his reaction during a church service;

“Let it be clear that if anyone is not a pastor, he has no right to attack a pastor on church issue. He should leave everything to God. I only laugh. Somebody who is not a doctor cannot teach a certified doctor how to go about doing his job; he will just be laughed at. Someone who is not a journalist can’t teach a true journalist how he should do his work; they will just be laughing at him.

I wouldn’t have spoken on the issue but you don’t argue with a man whose mind is already made up on any issue. It is futile. And I’m not going to confuse anybody to pay tithe, no. if you attend my church and you decide not to pay tithe, it’s left to you. In my church they don’t pay me allowance. I live on my personal businesses and I write books. So far, I have written 52 books that are inspirational and I’m still writing. If you write books that are inspirational, believers and non-believers will buy. It is not as if it is only church members that buy pastors’ books. That alone is enough to sustain any pastor. So, you don’t just jump to criticize any pastor for buying private jets of expensive cars because you think it is tithe that they use to buy them.

If you asked me, there is nothing wrong with tithing. But tithes should be used by pastors to maintain Christianity, assist the poor in the church, the vulnerable and the stranded. Not that everything should go into the pastor’s pocket, that’s wrong. Every pastor should be on allowance.

That young man does not deserve a response; in fact, I’m not talking because of him but because my Papa, Pastor Adeboye had spoken, I’m speaking on the issue. Now, if it requires that we go into a debate, let’s have it. Yes, your tithe is not a license to make heaven but it is an acknowledgment of God’s mercy in your life. But because Papa Adeboye corrected the wrong notion and the young man dared to respond to him, I felt it was insulting. This is not about sentiment or emotion, it is about commonsense. You don’t respond to an elder in certain manner, especially a man of Pastor Adeboye’s standing.

There are things people shouldn’t just dabble into especially when it is not their field. Even if you mobilize the whole world against tithing, you will only end up being counterproductive because this is not your field. Men of God do not need to react to such issues because like I said earlier, once somebody has made up his mind on a position, nobody should argue with such a man. My reaction to such a man is, if that is your position, keep it, continue with what you believe but don’t confuse people to believe what you believe.”

http://insideout247..com.ng/2017/11/apostle-suleman-replies-daddy-freeze-on.html

in a few more years, everyone will know the truth.

Christianity will pass.
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by HeyCorleone(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
If anything, I daresay the Freeze guy is more knowledgeable than most of our pastors. Why?He'd never touch, or criticize as it may seem, any aspect of church or Christian matter without dropping Bible verses to support his claim. That alone should prove to anyone of intelligible reasoning that the dude actually knows of that which he speaks.

The responses he's received so far from "highly revered men of God" have been very weak and lacking in content. They're relying on the authority and power they have hoping that would be enough backing to their claims. But it's turned out very weak.

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by openmine(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
Why is it so hard for preachers or so called teachers of the scriptures to prove WITH SCRIPTURES that pastors were d ones instructed or ordained to receive tithe....

All I keep seeing is an apparent evasion and the usage of psychology to entrap believers into tithing...

If members of their assembly could not prove with scriptures,then I doubt if the minister would do any better!!

For the fact that they are responding to freeze simply shows that they are really being threatened by what he says....

As for the usage of a doctor instance to discredit Freeze,I laugh in Chinese....so only pastors and ministers now have the power to spiritually interpret scriptures?....Unbelievable!

I thank God he made the SAME BIBLE for every one no matter the race,hierarchy or position....!!

If it can take a non preacher to discover and find out the truth about the scriptures....then,the very foundations and structures of our so called pastors or ministers of the Gospel is seriously faulty!!

7 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
Plasmbob1:
Calm response but with all due respect sir, the fact that freeze isn't a pastor doesn't mean he can't have a say if he smells a rat in the way most churches are being run today. Paul rebuked Peter even though the latter was with Jesus throughout.

The Gospel has been hijacked by thieves in suit and if not checked, Christianity is sitting on a time bomb.

On the tithe issue, I think it's what you believe in that eventually works for you. I don't pay and when I'm broke I simply accept the situation, same when I earn a few bucks. I don't attribute it to a certain seed sowed. If you notice a correlation between your finances and tithe paying, better don't stop.

There's no correlation whatsoever between finances and tithe paying.

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by IdiAmin2(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
Mrsleek007:
Tithing is the instructions of God, this is used to take care of the levite(people that take care of the alter of God full time) I don't know why someone who is an elite like freeze will argue on this matter, moreover God warn us on judging anyone especially his prophets, let God be the judge one any man that use the meat brought to his store house for his personal use alone... He will face his music on judgement day.... Daddy freeze who you help before condemning others....

see dem twisting and putting their own definition. LMAO. so Levites are people that take care of the alter of God full time is that what your pastor lied and told you? so that he can be collecting osusu from your hand.
You are a fool my dera.

levite is a tribe, a nationality. it was one of the 12 tribes. levite is not a job description

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Shally2: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
FaniDan:
, and,this is the reason why sometimes some stuff happens to you and you will be like why me, Ask Mariam in the Bible she will tell you
stop threatening people with this bullsHit you just said now. Nothing bad will happen to anybody ok. See evil and keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by SayITnw: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
This is quite instructive, please read and thank me later....

What Does the Bible Say About the Tithe or Tithing?Frequently Asked QuestionsDoes the Bible require me to give 10% of my income to my church?Should I tithe based on gross or net income?Am I obligated to give to my church even if I am having trouble paying my bills?What does the Bible say about church offerings?Will I receive blessings if I give "seed money" to a ministry?Old Testament"Tithe" means a tenth or 10 percent. The tithing system described in the Bible was designed specifically to meet the needs of the religious, economic and political system of ancient Israel. Each of the twelve tribes of Israel, except the tribe of Levi, initially received an allotment of land in the promised land of Canaan. The Levites were assistants to Israel's priests and were supported by a tithe offering from other eleven tribes. All families of those eleven tribes were to give a tenth of all produce, flocks, and cattle to the Levites. In turn, the Levites were to give a tenth of that to support the priests (Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18:21-28). Tithes were also used to meet the needs of foreigners, orphans and widows. (Deuteronomy 26:12-13)

In addition, everyone was to be generous with those in need:

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs. (NIV, Deuteronomy 15:7-cool

New TestamentThere are several mentions of tithing in the New Testament (Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, 18:12; Hebrews 7:5-9), but all refer to the Old Testament system. The New Testament does not give any specific rules about tithing, and most aspects of the Old Testament Law do not apply to Christians. (See What Does the Bible Say About the Old Testament Law?)

Jesus seems to support the tithe in Matthew 23:23-24, but these verses are primarily intended as a criticism of the Pharisees as hypocrites who obeyed the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law. They were so meticulous about the law that they tithed even the small amounts of spices they grew in household gardens, but they ignored the more important matters of justice, mercy and faith!

However, Jesus made it clear that we are obligated to be generous to those in need (Matthew 25:31-46).

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (NIV, Matthew 5:42)

Giving is to be done cheerfully, rather than as an obligation (2 Corinthians 9:6-7), and not for the purpose of public recognition (Matthew 6:1-4). The right amount to give may be more or less than ten percent, depending on one's circumstances (Matthew 19:21, Luke 18:22, 21:1-4, Hebrews 13:16, 1 John 3:17). Generous giving is an acknowledgment that everything we have is a gift from God, and is to be used in His service (Luke 12:33, Acts 20:35, 1 Timothy 6:17-19, James 1:17, 1:27, 1 Peter 4:10).

Rather than give a certain amount as an obligation, we are urged to share generously of whatever talents, abilities and wealth God has entrusted to us:

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. (NIV, Romans 12:6-cool

QuestionsDoes the Bible require me to give 10 percent of my income to my church? Should my offering be computed on gross or net income?The Bible does not require Christians to give any certain percentage. Modern day questions about what percentage we should give and whether it should be computed on gross income, net income or wealth are not answered in the Bible. Nor does the Bible tell us how much of our giving should go to a church and how much to help the needy. (See What Does the Bible Say About Generosity and Duty to the Poor?)

In Biblical times Christians typically held their meetings in private homes or public spaces (Acts 2:46, 12:12) and did not have significant operating expenses. However, modern churches do need money to pay for salaries, rent or mortgage payments, utilities, maintenance, supplies and other expenses. Churches also need volunteers for many ministries and tasks. The apostle Paul urged Christians to diligently use their God-given gifts to support the work of the Church (Romans 12:4-cool.

Am I obligated to give to my church even if I am having trouble paying my bills?No. We must pray and listen to our consciences and consider the needs of ourselves and our families (1 Timothy 5:cool when deciding how much to give. No one should feel pressured to give a certain amount of money or a certain percentage of income to a church or other ministry.Will I receive blessings if I give a donation or "seed money" to a church or ministry?No. There is no requirement in the Bible to give "seed money" to a church, preacher or ministry, and no promise that any wealth or other blessings of any kind will come as a result. Verses like Matthew 13:1-9 and 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 are sometimes cited to support requests for seed money or other donations, but the blessings promised here are spiritual blessings, not material blessings.

The Bible does urge us to be generous with our wealth and time. However, any claim that wealth, health, good fortune or other blessings will come as a result of a donation should be looked at with suspicion.

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_tithe.htm

5 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by talk2percy(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
Apostle Suleiman, shut the fuvck up! U are full of lies! U pastors are fraudsters! This was how u lied in God's name that Gov. El-rufai will die within so so time, is he not still living and healthier than u Go sort urself out with ur girlfriend u abandoned first before replying Freeze. He is here to open unah fraudulent nyashes!!!

6 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
REVIVER HAS JUST BEGUN... THE TRUTH CANNOT BE HIDDEN...
THE TITHE MENTALITY CANNOT SAVE ANYBODY...
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by OldBeer: 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
FaniDan:
, you ba
Mumu
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Smartii(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
So funny that people who don't even go to church,neither pay #1 as tithe are the ones carrying the issue on their head like gala. Believe whatever u care, it doesn't stop the bigwigs and the committed from dropping doll in church as tithe, the more it's condemned, the more acceptance it receives. It started before this generation and would go beyond this generation, it's a movement that can't be stopped. Everybody's ways and paths can't be same.
Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by Emma1Oj(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
I can't just wait for Freeze respond. He will so... rubbish this man. no single Bible verse, what does he mean that freeze dear replied his papa. are pastors not human beings ? iranu oshi....

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by OtemSapien: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
FaniDan:
, and,this is the reason why sometimes some stuff happens to you and you will be like why me, Ask Mariam in the Bible she will tell you
Yahweh is currently in a spiritual cage. He can't do anything.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
saint047:

What ever u believe works, any month I refused to pay my tithe I will end up spending it fixing my car, paying for drugs and others things. People believed psalm 91,psalm 23 but refuses to believe Malachi 3v10. We should believe all parts of the Bible not some parts

CHANGE YOUR BELIEVE!... THAT IS WHAT THE DEVIL WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE.

YOU ARE PLAYING ACCORDING TO HIS SCRIPT.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy by ediko5(m): 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
Pastor Suleiman's response is totally unprofessional.

What proof have you brought out the counter Daddy freeze statement?

Please you Pastors Shouldn't make it look as if Christianity religion is a scam.

What right do you have to shut the young man up?

Even Daddy freeze do quote bible portion. I used to have great respect for him, but from this comment i'm totally disappointed in him.

We should leave whatever a man of God does to God alone to judge, and why can't the same men of God leave Daddy freeze to God or pray him to death, since they are deputy God.

If it is possible to leave matter for God to judge, why did the retired agbero turned Pastor, David Ibiyeomie arrested a blogger for writing about him when powerful politicians like Jonathan never responded to any journalist nor arrest all the bloggers who were writing rubbish about him. Just today Dele Momodu who uses his media outfit to fight him during the 2015 presidential campaign paid him a visit, but if it were to be some Pastors they wouldn't have talked to Dele Momodu till eternity.

I was carrying out some findings about tithe when i stumbled on this article

WHAT TRIGGERED THE MARTIN LUTHER REFORMATION? AND WHAT IS HAPPENING TODAY IN THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST?
Here is the story, and why I think the Church is back to where it was before the Martin Luther Reformation exactly 500 years ago.

1. Before 1517, everyone belonged to the Roman Catholic Church which was the official religion, with the Pope as the head. The Pope had the final say on all issues concerning religion.

2. Pope Leo X wanted to build a fanciful Church building called St. Peters Basilica in Rome. The building was going to cost him so much. Hence, he decided to raise money from the sale of purgatory.

3. Purgatory was invented by the Catholic Pope during the Crusades in order to get more men into the army. The pope claimed he could buy souls back from hell. His soldiers believed him and the practice continued.

4.The manipulation of the people through the sale of purgatory(Offering God money in order to get God's favor) infuriated Martin Luther. The same idea of purgatory was why mandatory tithes and offerings got established in the early Church. 'God gets excited at the sound of coins in the offering plate'.

5. On Oct. 31st, 1517, a Roman Catholic Monk named Martin Luther posted 95 Theses on the door of the Church claiming salvation was by faith alone, among others. He claimed the Pope had no power to forgive sins or collect purgatory.
His 5 pillars were, 1) sola fide( faith alone), 2) sola scriptura (by scriptures alone), 3) solus Christus (through Christ alone), 4)sola gratia (by grace alone), 5)soli deo gloria (for God's glory alone)

6. The posting of the theses happened at the early beginnings of the invention of the print media, just like today's internet. Within weeks, Luther's theses was widespread all over Germany, and all over Europe within months.

7. Before that, nobody had challenged the authority of the Church or Pope and lived. The Church had killed all scientists, historians or anyone who had a contrary view to the Pope. Often burning them publicly or beheading them.

8. Hence, the posting of the Theses was like Martin Luther posting his own death notice.
Ever heard the story of David and Goliath? The Pope was Goliath, Martin Luther was not even a David, he was a worm. The Pope could crush him easily. Somehow, the Pope was not able to. He referred to Luther as a wild boar. Luther often referred to the Pope as a 'lustful dog'.

9. Martin Luther was summoned by the council of Church and State to recant his writings. He declared he wouldn't as he was prepared to die for what his conscience believed.

10. Meanwhile, he remained in the Roman Catholic Church as starting another form of Christianity was not his goal. Luther's mission was to reform the Roman Catholic Church.

11. The Pope declared Luther a non-grata, meaning whoever killed him was doing God a favor. His life was put at risk.

12. Martin Luther was then kidnapped by close friends and hidden in a castle. His physical form was disguised for fear that he would be killed. He had already become so popular in Europe through his writings.

13. While hidden away and in Isolation, he translated the entire Bible for the first time into German from Latin, giving everyone access to the Bible for the first time. From German, it was then translated into other languages.

14. Before Luther's Bible, the Bible had only existed in Greek and Latin which only Priests had access to. You could be killed if found with a copy of the Bible. This gave the Priests so much power, similar to today's Priests and Pastors.

15. As more people read the Bible for themselves, revolts broke out all over Europe as people saw how the Church had taken advantage of them over many years. The Pope lost so much power and the Roman Catholic Church became irrelevant. Luther called out the Popes, Bishops, and princes without mincing words, often challenging them to public debates.

16. Because everyone now had the Bible, different sections began to break out of the Catholic Church every man claiming his own revelation. There were the Lutherans, Calvinists, Puritans, Unitarians, Anglicans, and many more. The differences between them are so slight and insignificant.

17. Each of these grew so much in power, became capitalists and began to practice in new forms and with new languages, exactly what the Catholic Church was doing that led to the break out of the reformation in the first place.

18. Denominationalism then became Capitalism. Churches became more about big and beautiful buildings, selling cajoles to people in exchange for money in order to fund the lavish lifestyles.

19. 500 years after, we are back to where it all began. We are practicing that old form of Catholicism. The church now is about money and buildings, tithes and offerings.

20. Who shall write for us another 95 theses?

500 years of the Reformation. We are still bleeding...
Read and let others know and understand the importance of the Bible and the truth.
History of the Church.
Credit: John Junior

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) / Names Of God In Igbo Language / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.