Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (49161 Views)

A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid) / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Olafisoyem: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

Thanks for your observation.
I never called her a maid neither was my daughter rude to her, you just jumped into conclusion that she is a maid and my daughter was rude.
Dont assume what you dont know or sure of.
Sha make sure u reach your children to be polite.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2017
Endtime Op
Endtime rude daughter
Endtime girl that stays with you

You and your daughter needs flogging grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by d33types: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2017
jaszplus12:
in correct English you say "lap"
dogs lap and not lick water or any liquid as long as its in a bowl...
but of course if your feeding a puppy with a bottle the puppy then drinks it.
funny that most people say "I licked an orange "
the correct thing to say is "I ate an orange"
there's a lot more....

You try sha.apart from the bomb Nigerians are known for

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Born2Breed(f): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2017
The topic is "conversation" and not "question" my daughter had with ( asked ) someone.

Don't blame people if they analyse the conversation.

NL analysts, pls cut a 3yrs old some slacks!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Eyimofe2017: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2017
3years.
Adults might have it rude but I find it smart.
My 3yrs old daughter told me she won't answer "yes mummy" if I call her cos I answer just "yes" when she calls me...
She was polite when she asked for water, she just was surprised that her water was served in a different thing

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by OshoOO(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, [/b]but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone

Your narration of the conversation between your "daughter" and "the girl" did not show that your daughter ever said "thank you" when the water was given you her. However, when you were confronted with your daughter's attitude, you engaged a summersault that your daughter said "Thank you". Your response cast serious doubt to the [b]truth
of your earlier statement and I does not require any consideration.

10 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by overlord77: 8:56am On Nov 13, 2017
potbelly:
You should be more bothered about the way your daughter talked to the maid...

exactly! He didn't even notice that

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by periphetes: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2017
grin grin grin reading this post I could not help myself but to laugh all through.

Op, big mistake I guess you came on the forum to get English clarification. grin Unfortunately your placed on family detention and interrogation. grin grin grin

Sorry your bail is on process.... cheesy grin

My greetings to every NL detectives, psychologist, Debaters and critics, you guys always make NL threads fun to read.

ENJOY... grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Funkybabee(f): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:
Conversation between my last daughter and the girl that stays with me.

My daughter : Mary please give me water

Mary : Chisom take water

My Daughter : Dont give me water like a dog, because dog dont drink water

Mary : Who told you?

My daughter: Dogs dont drink water they lick water

Since that time I have been confused ooh.
Abeg does dogs drink water or lick water?

You need to train ur kid how she will respond to people even if they are mate.......

Wht guys above me said that u are dragging is correct though I don't know ur daughter age, but no matter what she shouldn't be saying that statement out

Try to accept correction

5 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Chommieblaq(f): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2017
Mynd44:

Lets flip the script. If your daughter had told you "why are you giving me water like a dog?" will you find it offensive to you?

You guys are been harsh to the op, little kids that age are experimenting with words, they can say things and you will be wondering who sent them and argues too.

Take it easy, it's not everyone that maltreat their maid.
We don't live with her, we shouldn't judge her, ( you guys are painting her to be wicked) she just brought it here because she wants to know wether dog drink or lick water.

5 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by diportivo: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2017
I like this thread.....its one where everyone has their own opinion to air

lemme air mine too grin

its all the fault of mary angry

she acted like a "bush" girl and offered a seemingly smart girl water in a bowl...what nonsense undecided

doesn't matter that chisom demanded for it....its her right to drink water,her right to send Mary,and Mary doesn't have a choice tongue

my 4yr old son dispenses water himself and has been doing it since he was 2plus...who is his mate dat he will be sending water wen he knows where the cups are,and where the dispenser is

all in all,I blame the bush girl

if i were the one tho,and my 3yr old child knows something I don't kw,I wld be too ashamed to come ask on nairaland.......I will humbly go to Google. not even for something as simple as dogs lapping wateru no see dog wen u dey grow up ni

what are they teaching them in school dat I wldnt knw and im proud to be a parent undecided......#justmusing

12 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by DesireBenjamin: 8:58am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

Your daughters statement conveys the atitude that she is a boss to the person she is relating to

Your statement above only show how defensive you are knowing that most children follow the character and attitudes of whoever they were brought up by,
Its better to retreat into your shell and give yourself some cane before coming to spew trash on a public forum

I just love your responses abeg, you are sooo on Point biko.
I'm sure a lot of people do too, the likes on all your comments says it all.

5 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Momcherry(f): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2017
Op biko stop replying these people that knows nothing about little kids. When my son was around 2-3 years he was so bad mouthed that he calls his father banana head when angry. We will just laugh over it. He was so very funny.
Now he's 7 and so respectful and obedient. When we remind him of some things he used to say, he becomes shy.

8 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by I888(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

The op is the epitome of an average Nigeria with an oppressive mind set

My daughter,.... Then the girl...who is a nobody ,...reducing "the girl* status further ,who stays with him( as the chair man and head of the house...broadcasting it to the world ( Nairaland seems to be the right platform to show his manhood

Most men,who are not even worthy to be called fathers but are called daddies just because the carry rods and two balls inbtween their legs are ignorant of the most basic principles that makes a real father

Sorry to say op may just be one of them
I used to feel that almost all Nigerians are oppressive but your submission here shows there are still people who respect others,irrespective of the class difference.

I have a bricklayer that works for me and most times, I give him food and money. I accord him much respect even though he does not know why. But I learned something more valuable from this man than any sophisticated Nigerian has taught me about family... and that is unity, love and bond... this man has it in over flowing stream. He goes to any work with his family...they work together, even though they are poor.

10 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2017
HOW OLD IS YOUR DAUGHTER?
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Dollabiz: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2017
Oh
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by murmee: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

Your daughters statement conveys the atitude that she is a boss to the person she is relating to

Your statement above only show how defensive you are knowing that most children follow the character and attitudes of whoever they were brought up by,
Its better to retreat into your shell and give yourself some cane before coming to spew trash on a public forum
Very good post!

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Blonchilli(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2017
bot101:

Ndi psychologist, you don't know what happened before the request, you don't know the context of the request, you don't even know the environment. There are so many variables, it will be so difficult to come to an accurate conclusion, but yet you conclude. Please upgrade your reasonability. I am tired of living with so many mediocre youths (adults too) in this country.
I tire o! And look at the way the 'maid' replied. Nigerians can jump to conclusion eh. Always finding faults. I was in a bus yesterday and the smart little girl was referring to her mom as 'your wife' to her dad. Little kids are always direct. They don't sugar coat things
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Johnny(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2017
Mary and your 'last daughter', who's older? I hope you are not breeding an arrogant and disrespectful girl?
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by udemzyudex(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2017
Lol grin the op never expected the response on the first page grin
Una just spoil him day,weldon nairalanders.

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Blonchilli(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2017
Momcherry:
Op biko stop replying these people that knows nothing about little kids. When my son was around 2-3 years he was so bad mouthed that he calls his father banana head when angry. We will just laugh over it. He was so very funny.
Now he's 7 and so respectful and obedient. When we remind him of some things he used to say, he becomes shy.
The average Nigerian are so little minded always judgemental and feels they can do better than their peers. When they have the chance, they fail woefully. Most of these people commenting are not parents

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by fynex(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I never called her a maid neither was my daughter rude to her, you just jumped into conclusion that she is a maid and my daughter was rude.

You actually said the girl that stays with you and it's generally assumed to be a maid or house help or someone that is not really blood related

You would have been more specific about your relationship with the girl like you were with your daughter

It's a good observation from that fellow

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Prognose: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

Thanks for asking a very good question and also thank you for your observations, now the little girl in question is 3 years , the girl staying with me put the water for her in a little bowl they use in feeding little kids and not in a cup which she uses. We have a dog that licks (laps) ( what I learnt today) from a bowl.
what made me pay more attention to them was when she kept on insisting that dogs dont drink water but lick (lap) it.

Lol, you are answering these bad belle people?

Who are they to say if your daughter was rude or not? Abi they didn't see the beginning of the conversation where your daughter clearly said "Please give me water to drink. "

The other girl is in fact the rude one because her next action made your daughter stand up for herself and declare that she didn't want to be treated like a dog.

In fact your topic had to do with weather lick was the correct word or not.

A lot of bad belle bitter self-righteous people on this section. They just want to make you feel bad so they can feel good about themselves .

Ignore them. Next time take the topic to another section or ask your pals on facebook.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by udemzyudex(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2017
hamzeiy:
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media

Exactly.. The reason why the op is being attacked is because he didn't tell us the whole story, in his reply to mynd, he said he explain to his daughter that one can also drink water from the bowl. He didn't tell us the other girl gave her water in a bowl, so the story is not complete.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone
Can u shut up ur mouth and allow us make contribution to ur post.

#we are not ur maid.

9 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2017
potbelly:
1.So the lady that "stays with you" is she a close or distant relative? And what is she doing in your house if she's none of the aforementioned... And what's is she to you and your family sir? Help clarify sir...

2. Your daughter was offered water, did she even bother to say thank you? But her response was don't give me water like a dog... What do you define that as sir?

she is only a child. A toddler I will think. Many things go through their mind, they ask loads of questions. You were not there. The father just said she wasn't rude... hian!
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by braivheart: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2017
Chommieblaq:

You guys are been harsh to the op, little kids that age are experimenting with words, they can say things and you will be wondering who sent them and argues too.

Take it easy, it's not everyone that maltreat their maid.
We don't live with her, we shouldn't judge her, ( you guys are painting her to be wicked) she just brought it here because she wants to know wether dog drink or lick water.

They don't experiment, they copy their parents.
She's just mirroring the treatment her parents give to maid the girl that stays with them.
Like OP like daughter

7 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2017
Prognose:

Lol, you are answering these bad belle people?

Who are they to say if your daughter was rude or not? Abi they didn't see the beginning of the conversation where your daughter clearly said "Please give me water to drink. "

The other girl is in fact the rude one because her next action made your daughter stand up for herself and declare that she didn't want to be treated like a dog.

In fact your topic had to do with weather lick was the correct word or not.

A lot of bad belle bitter self-righteous people on this section. They just want to make you feel bad so they can feel good about themselves .

Ignore them. Next time take the topic to another section or ask your pals on facebook.
that is Nigerians for you. Na where you no ask them for advice na hin dem dey chook eye. Hian!
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Afritop(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

You see nothing wrong in your daughter's reponse.

8 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by braivheart: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2017
pesinfada:
Can u shut up ur mouth and allow us make contribution to ur post.

#we are not ur maid.

cheesy The Apple obviously didn't fall far from the tree.

7 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by tonididdy(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:
Conversation between my last daughter and the girl that stays with me.

My daughter : Mary please give me water

Mary : Chisom take water

My Daughter : Dont give me water like a dog, because dog dont drink water

Mary : Who told you?

My daughter: Dogs dont drink water they lick water

Since that time I have been confused ooh.
Abeg does dogs drink water or lick water?
little girl prolly learning skills from her mama, she's rude!

end of topic...teach her some manners, i do not care who the other girl is but teach your kid simple etiquette like "please and thank-you" because right now she's not adorable.

6 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by OmoEpe(m): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
ofcos he wil find it offensive u knw in life we tend to judge wit sentiment if it involves the one we love and evn if she gave her the water in a bowl cant she carry the bowl and the drink it or do humans also lap too?..op is jst defending his daughter's rude attitude wen he should b chastising her...

How can you describe a 3year old girl as rude. What does she know? Her expression is perfectly in line with her age

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Has Never Put My Pix On Her Dp On My Birthdays Since 10yrs Of Marriage. / How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / Meet The Legesse Twins: Ruth & Kidy Mistaken As Conjoined Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.