Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (49186 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by OmoEpe(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2017
tonididdy:

little girl prolly learning skills from her mama, she's rude!

end of topic...teach her some manners, i do not care who the other girl is but teach your kid simple etiquette like "please and thank-you" because right now she's not adorable.

A 3 year old?

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Blonchilli(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2017
hamzeiy:
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media
How I wish I could hug you. I might even create a topic emphasising on this. In Nigeria the only way to train kids is beat them. They talk beat them, they don't talk beat them. No wonder we have too many animals around. That child is damn smart for a 3 year old and it's obvious she and chisom are pals and can argue irrelevant things about how a dog drinks water. The Op should keep his family affairs of this now deluded site.

4 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Sanchez01: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone
You honestly need to be worried about the attitude of your daughter toward others, particularly 'your maid' and others 'beneath her'.

Interestingly, she must have picked this strange attitude from someone who treats the 'maid' lesser.

That she said 'thank you' or not is not really the issue but what she allegedly said after the water was offered, more like the definition of a boss baby.

Children can be likened to hot wax; they take on the shape of whatever container they are poured into.

9 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2017
lmaooo Nairalanders nawa
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Blonchilli(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

you need to see the title of the thread you responding to

this it

Conversation Between My Daughter And The Girl That Stays With Me

the above title tells a lot about the op
What should he have put? undecided
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by tonididdy(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2017
OmoEpe:

A 3 year old?
train up a child the way he should grow, so that when he's old.....

i dont mean to brag but i have a gift with kids., so I do know what I'm on about

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by doe: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2017
Even more worrying is the fact your daughter cannot go get water for herself!!

6 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by tonididdy(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2017
Blonchilli:
What should he have put? undecided
smh...
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by gudvibz(f): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2017
Op did you write this story/stuff just so you can comment or correct every other comments. undecided
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mrphysics(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2017
periphetes:
grin grin grin reading this post I could not help myself but to laugh all through.

Op, big mistake I guess you came on the forum to get English clarification. grin Unfortunately your placed on family detention and interrogation. grin grin grin

Sorry your bail is on process.... cheesy grin

My greetings to every NL detectives, psychologist, Debaters and critics, you guys always make NL threads fun to read.

ENJOY... grin
I couldn't even concentrate in the office. Like seriously, the reasoning, analyst, psychology, etc. were damn funny. O boy, I fear for nairaland police detective students grin grin

Though the child was just trying to practice what she was being taught in school, she was innocent in mind, she never knew there was a sign of being rude in her words. I see her as a smart kid, intelligent, and a brave girl. All she need is for the parents to do their work and watch her shine. All these deductions are just people trying to correct the op on what he/she should do.

You seem to be one of the nairaland DPOs

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by thunderbabs: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2017
jaszplus12:
in correct English you say "lap"
dogs lap and not lick water or any liquid as long as its in a bowl...
but of course if your feeding a puppy with a bottle the puppy then drinks it.
funny that most people say "I licked an orange "
the correct thing to say is "I ate an orange"
there's a lot more....

I believe the puppy sucks from the bottle, not drink from it undecided

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by anitank(f): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2017
The op didn't mention earlier that his daughter is 3 and that Mary served her water in a bowl. That would have been more explanatory to people.

Now having a clear picture, I don't think the little girl was necessarily rude. She was only curious why she was served water in a bowl instead of a cup, because she's used to seeing their dog "lick" water from a bowl. She's a very observant and smart little girl. Kids that age are always very inquisitive and tend to ask questions all the time especially when certain things don't seem to add up

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by judlice84: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2017
Oga,listen to what potbelly is saying.
Train up a child the way she should grow so that she will not depart from it.Your child was rude to the girl..No thank you at all
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by judlice84: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2017
God bless you
potbelly:
1.So the lady that "stays with you" is she a close or distant relative? And what is she doing in your house if she's none of the aforementioned... And what's is she to you and your family sir? Help clarify sir...

2. Your daughter was offered water, did she even bother to say thank you? But her response was don't give me water like a dog... What do you define that as sir?

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by judlice84: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2017
God bless you
barapistis:

Your daughters statement conveys the atitude that she is a boss to the person she is relating to

Your statement above only show how defensive you are knowing that most children follow the character and attitudes of whoever they were brought up by,
Its better to retreat into your shell and give yourself some cane before coming to spew trash on a public forum
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sirBLUNT: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2017
OmoEpe:

How can you describe a 3year old girl as rude. What does she know? Her expression is perfectly in line with her age
really? if a 3yrs old can say..."y are u giving me water lyk a dog" then it means she is damn smart n she knws wat she is doing and as such she shul b caution..hav u heard the saying train a child in the way of the lord wen she grows she wont depart frm it abi oga is it wen she is 30 dat he wil caution frm such bad attitude abeg ansa me?

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2017
Johnchike:

Young man, it's not your business. He owes you no explanation and hasn't sought your advice on the upbringing of his precious daughter.

The only question I feel you're entitled to answer, is whether dogs drink water or they lick (lap) water.

Any other thing you say is strictly your unneeded opinion. Let him be.

That was a harmless conversation between his daughter and the girl.
The OP didn't just ask the question, he narrated the whole conversation and that gives people the opportunity to chose which aspect of the conversation they really like to comment on, not just the question.
And that conversation is more than harmless, it showed serious bad attitudes which needed to be nipped in the bud.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by HIScraziness(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2017
Lol... Nairalander ehn grin grin
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by periphetes: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2017
mrphysics:

I couldn't even concentrate in the office. Like seriously, the reasoning, analyst, psychology, etc. were damn funny. O boy, I fear for nairaland police detective students grin grin

Though the child was just trying to practice what she was being taught in school, she was innocent in mind, she never knew there was a sign of being rude in her words. I see her as a smart kid, intelligent, and a brave girl. All she need is for the parents to do their work and watch her shine. All these deductions are just people trying to correct the op on what he/she should do.

You seem to be one of the nairaland DPOs

Seriously it's so funny here grin grin. Your right also about the kid just been innocent and playful. We all have passed through the same stage the kid is presently.

I just feel so sorry for the Op,I bet he got more than he bargained for. grin grin
Also hope he has got tough skin not to see himself as a bad FATHER. As assumed by the department of NL investigation grin grin

Cheers
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by streetzdreamz(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2017
duh,I blame the op though,he got served in his own coin.....why bring up trivial family issues here and expect a pat on the back? plus the issue reeked of lies and controversies, if you ain't as witty as your lil daughter is Google is there to make you catch up,anyways its all your kettle of fish, what really got to me was the direct way your daughter spoke,equating the gesture with that of a dog...... will I say she is too intelligent for her age or she's been exposed to some really bad sights and actions from the older ones around her,I got a dog and when feeding it, its food is placed on the floor (not demeaning cuz dogs don't have hands to eat with,they eat directly with their mouths), don't wanna believe "the girl staying with you" placed the bowl of water on the floor,if she did I'm sure you would have scolded her and it would be evident here in your writeup, anyways teach your daughter good morals,all the peeps here chipping in one or two things ain't got nothing to gain or lose,you do........

9 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by OlujobaSamuel: 9:54am On Nov 13, 2017
abeg, someone should help me with napkin to dry off the water for my eyes. I don laff tire here, op, next time, use google to get use of english correction, God help you sey no be politics section, people for don dig your tribe and religion sef join.
NL na one crazy platform aswear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Tellemall: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:
*sigh*

So much ado about nothing. The child is 3, for God's sakes. Smart and mouthy, and obviously has a good relationship with Mary. As she gets older it is left for her parents to mould her properly so that the mouthiness doesn't cross into the arena of tactlessness and rudeness. Shikena

Why is it that Nigerians think sassy, "mouthy" little humans are "intelligent"?

A child watching television and mimicking stuff off the screen does not make them intelligent.

For a start, every child is born intelligent. The only difference is the environment. And as such Nigerians ought to teach their children to be polite.

What you see nowadays is a reluctance to beat or discipline them, because everybody wants their children to think they're Bill Gates kids. You guys learned it wrong from the Westerners. They beat their kids and shut them up if they're talking crap at people. All this "I don't want to beat my little goats" is a shallow perspective from majority of the Nigerians when parenting.

You have kids who make rude remarks and their parents think, "oh, that's so cute, x/y is so intelligent, gosh!"

Well, no. Your kids are just rude and mouthy. That's all.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by maasoap(m): 9:56am On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:
*sigh*

So much ado about nothing. The child is 3, for God's sakes. Smart and mouthy, and obviously has a good relationship with Mary. As she gets older it is left for her parents to mould her properly so that the mouthiness doesn't cross into the arena of tactlessness and rudeness. Shikena
Moulding should start as earlier as possible. You know, 3 years could actually be 3 years 10 months. My two and half years knows where to get water.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by femi4: 9:57am On Nov 13, 2017
OmoEpe:

A 3 year old?
yes: Teach them the five magic words: Sorry, please, thank you etc. A 3yr old kid should be in kg2.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by TheManOfTheYear: 9:58am On Nov 13, 2017
potbelly:
You should be more bothered about the way your daughter talked to the maid...
comment of the year

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by SHANGALORLOR: 10:01am On Nov 13, 2017
abeg make una fight.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Mariangeles(f): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2017
hamzeiy:
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media
You said it!

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by maasoap(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:

I am not that mean
You are not that mean? With that hot slap from behind? Lol
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by TheManOfTheYear: 10:06am On Nov 13, 2017
bot101:

Ndi psychologist, you don't know what happened before the request, you don't know the context of the request, you don't even know the environment. There are so many variables, it will be so difficult to come to an accurate conclusion, but yet you conclude. Please upgrade your reasonability. I am tired of living with so many mediocre youths (adults too) in this country.
Are you one of those braggarts who support the raising of little spoilt brats??

Your comment baffles me beyond limits cuz from what I and everyone else could see from the conversion, the little brat was rude to someone supposedly older than her.
Where is respect these days? Character decay has become the order of the day

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Elgeelistic: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2017
hamzeiy:

Because children misbehave a lot at that age so we should leave them to their ways? No ma. Children of that age are inquisitive and impressionable, they start forming their character and thus the more reason we should correct them and instill the right attitude. They copy a lot from their environment at his age and the parents manners also matters too. So if you speak rudely to the 'girl that stays with you' don't be surprise your kids will do that too.

7 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by jaszplus12(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2017
thunderbabs:

I believe the puppy sucks from the bottle, not drink from it undecided
you're correct too bro...that's added information!

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by dfrost: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her

The moment you bring your issues and troubles to social media, then you owe the social media an explanation. Get that. If you don't want any tom, dick and harry to drop their suggestions (polite, rude or otherwise), then lock it down and solve your problems.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? / Identical Twin Sisters Who Are Pregnant At The Same Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.