Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (49195 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by TheManOfTheYear: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2017
hamzeiy:
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media
Mtcheeeew

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by OmoEpe(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2017
tonididdy:
train up a child the way he should grow, so that when he's old.....

i dont mean to brag but i have a gift with kids., so I do know what I'm on about

I understand your arguments but i still feel 3yrs is still in order making such statements. If she was 5yrs i might agree with you but 3 is just in her first year of preschool. At that level there's a serious limit to her comprehension ability

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2017
dfrost:

The moment you bring your issues and troubles to social media, then you owe the social media an explanation. Get that. If you don't want any tom, dick and harry to drop their suggestions (polite, rude or otherwise), then lock it down and solve your problems.
question should be asked properly and not assumption made when you are not clear.
That why i said i owe him or her no responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by TheManOfTheYear: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

Thank you Mr morals I have heard, but she aired her mind because she was not to be given water in a bowl, she never insulted her or disrespectfully talked to her.
Like I said earlier dont judge .
I rest my case
Mr Man stop the defensive postures already and accept the fact that you've been a useless father who laid a bad example for your rude brat of a daughter.

At 3,she's already talking like Queen of England. Lord knows what she'll be like when she's 5

Teach your little brat some morals.
Learn to treat everyone under your roof with fairness and equity
I hate oppression with passion.

8 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 13, 2017
Mynd44:

Lets flip the script. If your daughter had told you "why are you giving me water like a dog?" will you find it offensive to you?

There are many variables that one must consider before coming to conclusion. Also it's not what was said but how it was said and the mood (a variable) setting.

For example one can say to you "you dey mad". Of course you may take offense or laugh along depending on the variables involved.

Going through the comments, this forum members are so judgemental.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2017
legalgoon:
Lord help Nigerians. They're the most delirious and judgemental folks on the planet. No one even answered the problem the thread was opened to resolve. Everybody just immediately turned to domestic counsellor. Well done all of you as una sabi pass.

Btw, the man has explained the relationship politely and the girl was merely inquisitive as most kids are and the edginess is nothing unexpected. You guys need exposure.

Peace.
Thank you my manyou seem to understand my drift, the essence is for people to know how dogs drink water when given water.
Some people that knows nothing about morals are here talking about it.
Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2017
Blonchilli:

How I wish I could hug you. I might even create a topic emphasising on this. In Nigeria the only way to train kids is beat them. They talk beat them, they don't talk beat them. No wonder we have too many animals around. That child is damn smart for a 3 year old and it's obvious she and chisom are pals and can argue irrelevant things about how a dog drinks water. The Op should keep his family affairs of this now deluded site.
Hmm, the are best of friends just as you noted and argue about spoken words or argue about the was tenses are used.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2017
Johnchike:

Young man, it's not your business. He owes you no explanation and hasn't sought your advice on the upbringing of his precious daughter.

The only question I feel you're entitled to answer, is whether dogs drink water or they lick (lap) water.

Any other thing you say is strictly your unneeded opinion. Let him be.

That was a harmless conversation between his daughter and the girl.

this was the questions i was trying to get answered
is whether dogs drink water or they lick (lap) water.
thanks for understanding my drift.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by TheManOfTheYear: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2017
Momcherry:
Op biko stop replying these people that knows nothing about little kids. When my son was around 2-3 years he was so bad mouthed that he calls his father banana head when angry. We will just laugh over it. He was so very funny.
Now he's 7 and so respectful and obedient. When we remind him of some things he used to say, he becomes shy.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2017
Tellemall:

Why is it that Nigerians think sassy, "mouthy" little humans are "intelligent"?

A child watching television and mimicking stuff off the screen does not make them intelligent.

For a start, every child is born intelligent. The only difference is the environment. And as such Nigerians ought to teach their children to be polite.

What you see nowadays is a reluctance to beat or discipline them, because everybody wants their children to think they're Bill Gates kids. You guys learned it wrong from the Westerners. They beat their kids and shut them up if they're talking crap at people. All this "I don't want to beat my little goats" is a shallow perspective from majority of the Nigerians when parenting.

You have kids who make rude remarks and their parents think, "oh, that's so cute, x/y is so intelligent, gosh!"

Well, no. Your kids are just rude and mouthy. That's all.
Thank you!
This comment, and that of Potbelly (below) made my day.
potbelly:
You should be more bothered about the way your daughter talked to the maid...
cc: Ishilove

Now to OP: Sexy74: Train your daughter right. Nuff said...

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by hollandis(f): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2017
You have a rude daughter who needs to talk proper

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Disneylady(f): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Mr Man stop the defensive postures already and accept the fact that you've been a useless father who laid a bad example for your rude brat of a daughter.

At 3,she's already talking like Queen of England. Lord knows what she'll be like when she's 5

Fatality!

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sinkhole: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2017
It's like I came late grin
I think in whatever we do as parents and elders we should always try as much as possible to teach the little ones some respect, humbleness and appreciations.
You see, I am actually guilty of this, but I do not know where the problem really comes from (my parents or from me myself!). Anytime I asked for something to be done for me, by anybody, I just asked but those who are very close to me always complain that I should at least put "please" in my request; it may surprise you that my wife always complain of this shocked
I know this attitude is wrong but I just do not know how to correct it as I don't feel I should beg anybody to do anything for me (it's either you do it or you do not do it!), and mind you it is not because I am arrogant, I am not arrogant at all cheesy
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2017
ashjay001:

U probably, dont have a child yet!
Thank you for telling him or her.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Ladiva: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2017
Nairaland you guys got no chill!. Did you bother to find out how old the baby is? Do you have a child of about 1-3 year old around you?

If you di then you will know this has nothing to do with rudeness, but maybe more about probably :
A. Learning about how dogs drink water in school
B. What she saw in a movie.

Haba you people and your judge and jury self righteousness sef.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

I owe you no responsibility to declare to you my relationship with her, and please note is not all that stays with you is a maid if the person is not your biological child.
To your other question she said thank you, but complained how she was offered and made to drink the water.
so please stop to assume on behalf of someone

The thank you is actually irrelevant if she made dt statement right after. It's the sense of entitlement in the whole conversation.

I'm not surprised u don't see it.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by realhumanity: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2017
This day I found out that most men here are either not smart or shallow minded.

A child of 3 years does not rationalize his/her statement but says it as it is. A young girl have been seeing a dog lap water for months or years and you gave her water in a bowl. She will not be apologetic when replying you because all her mind will be, why is she giving me water like a dog. It is meant for the parent to correct her assertion that humans drink water from bowls too.

You all omitted the part she said please give me water, maybe because the jug of water was closer to the girl and the girl just swiftly looked for a bowl poured the water in it and gave it to her.

kudos to the young girl, she pays attention to her environment more than these men complaining like little girls.

6 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by mudiana(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2017
Nairaland, the home of intelligent people and dull squatters.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by kalvoken(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

you need to see the title of the thread you responding to

this it

Conversation Between My Daughter And The Girl That Stays With Me

the above title tells a lot about the op

Men, this your comment got me.

The guy was trying to showcase how intelligent his ward is, but he ended up shooting himself on the foot.

What happened to: conversation between chisom my little sister, neice, or any thing good and my daughter. Instead he decided to show us he has a maid.

Now, the praise he was hoping to gannerr for his baby to the detriment of the innocent girl has turned sower.
The message he tried to pass turned out to wrong(drink-lick-lap)

Well thanks to nairalanders who never take things like this for granted. What a bad way to start your day/week.

8 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by sexy74(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2017
ikennaf1:

There are many variables that one must consider before coming to conclusion. Also it's not what was said but how it was said and the mood (a variable) setting.

For example one can say to you "you dey mad". Of course you may take offense or laugh along depending on the variables involved.

Going through the comments, this forum members are so judgemental.
You are spot on tone and facial expression also matters when communicating with someone.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by bot101(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2017
Blonchilli:

I tire o! And look at the way the 'maid' replied. Nigerians can jump to conclusion eh. Always finding faults. I was in a bus yesterday and the smart little girl was referring to her mom as 'your wife' to her dad. Little kids are always direct. They don't sugar coat things

The matter just taya me. Too many shallow thinking Nigerians these days. Critical thinkers ate now an endangered species in this country. I see these kinds of things everyday and wonder what the future holds for us as a people.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by bot101(m): 11:17am On Nov 13, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:

Its your kind that kills creativity and inquisitive spirit in children while claiming tradition and a forced respect for elders. Keep it up and even when your children are being abused, maltreated, molested, or in cases similar to mine, need something that will be of great benefit to them in the future, they wouldn't be able to speak up, all because of some stupid respect (which isn't even respect, respect is EARNED my fellow Nigerians, EARNED!!!). Don't worry you hear, when you give birth to your own children, treat them like that, you hear??

3 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by dfrost: 11:21am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:

question should be asked properly and not assumption made when you are not clear.
That why i said i owe him or her no responsibility.

My dear, that is how the social media works. Almost everyone has a solution to another person's problem. Pele.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by OmoOshodi(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2017
kalvoken:

Men, this your comment got me.

The guy was trying to showcase the how intelligent his ward is, but he just shut himself on the foot.

What happened to: conversation between chisom my little sister, neice, or any thing good and my daughter. Instead he decided to show us he has a maid.

Now, the praise be was hoping to gather for his baby to the detriment of his made has turned sower.
As the message he tried to pass is turns out wrong(drink-lick-lap)

Well thanks to nairalanders who never take things like this for granted. What a bad way to start your day/week.
RIP English

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Tjpromise(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2017
hamzeiy:
Nigerians are just sooo irrational. Children misbehave a lot, at 3 years there is noting wrong to tell someone to bring you water. Instead of debating on whether dogs drink or lick water na day bad mouth a 3 years old child that is yet to know she is existing cause non of us here can remember our activities when we were three years old.
Obviously from the conversation both the child and chisom are leaving happily thus the reason they are debating in the first place.
@ op..your child shows early signs of intelligence, develop her even more,keep family issues away from social media so that unmarried frustrated adults that don't know the value of marriage,children or family wont bad mouth yours. And I advice you not to respond to any if them. All those shouting morals here mostly have undisciplined wards. Every person is suddenly a saint on social media
am not the OP but God bless u, devils forming saints, I did learn too

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Nerdychukz: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2017
Mynd44:

Let's be straigh here, your daughter was rude. It does not matter if Chisom is a maid or a nanny, rude is rude and I am bothered that you did not see the need to tell her to be a lil more polite to people.

You should teach your ward basic "please and thank you" also to be polite when requesting for thing. She could have requested for a cup and it is well but "am I a dog"? That escalated too quickly.

Also bothering is that children don't just come up with this thing, someone has been deneaning to Chisom in front of her and she js learning fast. Watch your daughter.

This is a friendly advice
a three years old girl cannot be considered rude..
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Mimicole(f): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2017
barapistis:

Your daughters statement conveys the atitude that she is a boss to the person she is relating to

Your statement above only show how defensive you are knowing that most children follow the character and attitudes of whoever they were brought up by,
Its better to retreat into your shell and give yourself some cane before coming to spew trash on a public forum

I seriously can't wrap my head around how judgmental human beings can get... I just can't.

I guess this is what you get when you seek the opinion of strangers that feel they have a right to make assumptions in your life.

In one breath you have concluded that the OP is a bad example, a bad parent and that his child is not well-trained... while missing the harmless humor in the post.

May God help you.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by Godsgal(f): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2017
God help me not to read this post witout dropping my thoughts. Whoever took this to frontpage must av forseen this argumentative, logical & deductive reasonings. In as much as we all are aware that not all the stone-casters are saints themselves. I can say that this thread is an eye-opener. I learnt a few things here.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by nikki44: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2017
all I get from d OP point of view is that he is suprised that his daughter knows d difference btwn drink and lick (lap) of water. he sees his daughter as smart at dat age to kno d difference btwn the 2. that's all. D little girl may mean no harm. though it sounds rude

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by emekuzi: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2017
sexy74:
Conversation between my last daughter and the girl that stays with me.

My daughter : Mary please give me water

Mary : Chisom take water

My Daughter : Dont give me water like a dog, because dog dont drink water

Mary : Who told you?

My daughter: Dogs dont drink water they lick water

Since that time I have been confused ooh.
Abeg does dogs drink water or lick water?
Lol! It's a brilliant discussion from both of them. Actually, dogs drink water and don't lick it. Their tongues are usually curved backwards, helping them to scoop water very fast into their mouth.

1 Like

Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ishilove:
*sigh*

So much ado about nothing. The child is 3, for God's sakes. Smart and mouthy, and obviously has a good relationship with Mary. As she gets older it is left for her parents to mould her properly so that the mouthiness doesn't cross into the arena of tactlessness and rudeness. Shikena
Some of d judgemental comments here just weak me undecided
I honestly dnt see any thing rude or condescending in that 3yrs old's remark bcs this is common wit most child of this age bracket, it's now d parents duty to guard them in their utterances as they grow.
The funny thing is she could have even picked that particular remark from her mates in school and she's being itching to try it out on someone nd Mary happens to be d recipient.
Dis thread reminds me of a particular incident that happened recently btw my daughter and a neighbor who came into d room to see me, midway into our conversation I heard my 3yr old girl talking loudly outside bt I wasn't concentrating so I didn't hear was she was saying until d neighbor wit me in d room shouted 'Ha' did u hear wat ur kid said? I said no so I listened myself, I couldn't help but laugh when I finally heard what she was goin about:
My kid: Anty so u put on slippers into our room ehn?
So u r still there, u will not come nd put ur slippers outside abi?
Even me I didn't realize this lady wore her slippers in until my kid spoke nd this happened bcs this lady herself don't allow my daughter to bring her footwear into their room whenever she goes there to play with her niece but she found it offensive when my daughter corrected her in the same vein.
Re: Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me by GaniuKazeeem(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Did Chisom put the water on the ground for her to drink?
It's no one's business but try to make sure your daughter uses polite words.
She's already feeling like a boss and I'm sure there are other stuff going on with the way you rushed to defend your daughter's uttering.
Sorry but all I see is pride.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kanedrick Kingsley Agwu Breaks Down As DNA Reveals He Didn’t Father Two Children / How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.