Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Pure Water Biz(Discuss) - Business (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (230073 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame for the empty satchet pure water that litter the streets.

Pure water producers: 12% (1 vote)
End users: 50% (4 votes)
Ministry of environment: 25% (2 votes)
Hawkers: 0% (0 votes)
Waste disposal contractors: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Hw To Write A Pure Water Biz Proposal / How Lucrative Is Pure Water Biz In Lagos? / Pure Water Biz In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:16am On Sep 08, 2013
stegra: Kabarka,
Goodness me!! see how much i have missed and have been operating in complete ignorance with regard to how one can EFFECTIVELY STRATEGISE to CREATE A NICHE in the market. Here in Abuja where our factory is based i can now say there are over 15 companys i have counted and interestingly some are even coming aroung to see this new would be producers.
By God i will need a way to go in and with your piece hard work and committment i will say we are good to go.
Let me ask the following
1. should drivers be on contract or permanent basis
2. kindly proffer the kind of gift items that are economically friendly and customer friendly (stevuchu@gmail.com)
3. must one comply to ATWAPS Price regulations and what are its advantages?

@ stregra
1,Your driver can either be a
a, Salary earner or
b, Commission earner
anything apart from these may not be consistent.

Now,the important thing is look at the kind of persons you can get around your area and if you get anyone that can collect salary and still motivated to do the work very well,fine but if not resort to no b.

2,The items that exploded the market for us are displayed live in the ebook ''Pure Water Demystified''. Get a copy.

3,i advice you to attend ATWAP meeting with your 6th sense at alert.They do not always do what they agreed.
However,the true value of a bag of water is N100.
Support any leadership that TENDS to this price tag and mean it.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Welldone Kabarka, i still have some things to ask but that maybe later
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
Excelboi: Welldone Kabarka, i still have some things to ask but that maybe later

Am full of expectations.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by godello: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2013
Am glad for the insight pls hw can I start as an enterprenuer and what's the profit margin for this business.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by md003: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
i need 100k loan i have collateral worth 200k.
ill pay back the loan in 6months. 07089728887
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Khodry(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
kabarka: @obino2
welcome,am happy to know you're ready to go.At least we now have somebody that will help us refresh our memory.

I do not remember you request 4 any info unless you used another email addr.I 've been receiving replies 4rm those that requested info.

By the end of today i will send you a mail containing items,equipments and machine needed in a standard water factory.So that you can price it in your locality.
Cheers and invite one person here.
hello boss i hv a house equipt with borehole n space 2 start with.Pls kindly send me oda details abt dis business n any means of cutting cost u know as i hv little capital 2 start email: adekunle_ola2@yahoo.com........tanx in anticipation!
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
@khodry,
if you have little capital.
Keep consultants out and do things yourself.
Check your inbox for other infos.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
godello: Am glad for the insight pls hw can I start as an enterprenuer and what's the profit margin for this business.

Profi
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
godello: Am glad for the insight pls hw can I start as an enterprenuer and what's the profit margin for this business.

65% Tell us what you think.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by ijbeauty(f): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2013
Hi OP am joyce, wanna venture into pure water bizness, but dnt knw hw to strt, and hw I can go in acquiring d equipment needed. Pls I nid to knw d prices and d main equipment to use fo a start befo gettin d alternative.. Pls if u hv any useful info, u can contact me tru joycenwachukwu0789@gmail.com
Tnks in adv
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
ijbeauty: Hi OP am joyce, wanna venture into pure water bizness, but dnt knw hw to strt, and hw I can go in acquiring d equipment needed. Pls I nid to knw d prices and d main equipment to use fo a start befo gettin d alternative.. Pls if u hv any useful info, u can contact me tru joycenwachukwu0789@gmail.com
Tnks in adv

check your inbox.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by ijbeauty(f): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
kabarka:

check your inbox.
Tnks I saw ur msg.. Tnks so much
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stevejoy(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2013
Hi nairalanders,we are water people located in Abuja,we install and maintain water factories,for any issue concerning your water,factory and machines,please contact us-08060226989 or 08183141610.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Excelboi and godello
am waiting.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pls kabarka, our machine is having a very serious problem. Anytime we produce, after about 2hours or so it will start to leak. Sometimes it may be as much as 10sachets leaking per bag. We have called the engineer and he has worked on it still the same result. What could be the problem? Awaiting your reply.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013
Excelboi: Pls kabarka, our machine is having a very serious problem. Anytime we produce, after about 2hours or so it will start to leak. Sometimes it may be as much as 10sachets leaking per bag. We have called the engineer and he has worked on it still the same result. What could be the problem? Awaiting your reply.

10 sachets in one bag??
That's a COLOSSAL LOSS.
This is like throwing your money inside a burning flame.You have to shutdown to rectify the problem.

Possible solutions are as follows:-
a,You have to determine whether the leakage is coming from horizontal or vertical axis of the sealing.

This is done by inspecting the leaked sachets.

b,After that,you check the teflon of the axis in question.It may have burnt or torn.
if so,then replace it.

C,Temperature
Check if temperature control unit is set to supply enough heating to the elements.Adjust it subject to quality and thickness of film at that time.
For vertical : btw 120 deg.C and 150 deg.C
For holizontal: btw 200 deg.C and 250 deg.C
NOTE:- TEMPERATURE IS NOT ALLOWED UP TO 260 DEG.C,otherwise hot sealing block will be damaged.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2013
kabarka:

10 sachets in one bag??
That's a COLOSSAL LOSS.
This is like throwing your money inside a burning flame.You have to shutdown to rectify the problem.

Possible solutions are as follows:-
a,You have to determine whether the leakage is coming from horizontal or vertical axis of the sealing.

This is done by inspecting the leaked sachets.

b,After that,you check the teflon of the axis in question.It may have burnt or
if so,then replace it.

C,Temperature
Check if temperature control unit is set to supply enough heating to the elements.Adjust it
Thanks for your reply. We got an operator from another factory who came to check on it and he detected that the parts on the machine is not the one that came with it. We have replaced the teflon and i seriously think the problem is from the horizontal sealing. Maybe it has to be replaced or the machine should be returned as a whole. What do you think?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2013
If those are the only fault,then,the problem is too minor to return the machine.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stegra: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kabarka,
Thank you for the prompt response.
We have Begun testing the market as per sales and this is what my drivers are saying the buyers are insisting
1. for a bunch of 55 bags they sell at N3000
2. for a bunch of 110 bags they sell for N5000
3. Any other retail price they sell for N70 per bag.
Now what i find intriguing or concerned is that i have not come across any company that sales water in Abuja as at now for N100 maybe during the hot season which is yet to commence.
do note that i did tried to interview as many drivers as i can for some clarity and they seem to agree for the same price.
4. there were only two clients of ours that i called after to verify how much our drivers sold water to them that did tell me 55/3500 and 110/7000.

Now my mentor,
where did the 100/per bag come from
should drivers who can deliver this price be sought? cos i cant get one for now
they are complaining of fuel shortage at all times
we have two Ford Transporter running on petrol will it pose a problem in this business here in Abuja?
5. for a company with 2 machine can we say recruiting 14 staff is a bad omen
a. operator
b. 8 bagging
c. 1 cleaner
d. 2 drivers
e. 2 motor boys

kindly advise as i need it desperately
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 12:29am On Sep 15, 2013
@stegra
Please understand what i mean.
The ideal price tag of a bag of pure water should be N100.
That does not mean that anybody is selling N100.
Where am operating,nobody sells N100 instead N70 is common.
But we have experimented this price in Rivers state and it worked only for some SABOUTERS to collapse the project.
My point is attend ATWAP meeting always,support and protect any leadership that can enforce N100 irrespective of hot or rainy season.
Any price less than N100 favours distributors and marketers.Unless you are a high profile producer.

Now,Q1-Q3
bulk (min 55bags) @ N60
Any qty less than 55bags is N70 .This is what we do now.

Q4,Things like that happens.
Once upon a time i had 8 customer selling side by side each other in a block of store.7 of them buys 11 for N700 while 1 in their middle buys 11 for N800.Ford is good.

Q5, 14 staffs for 2 machines is bad
Think of this:
a,Operator that can load,fix problems and help carry water from production room to finished product room.

B,4 baggers; 2 for each machine and if you buy another machine,dont employ anybody because one of the girl must have been skillful enough to handle one machine.

C, cleaner? Make a roaster for the baggers.

D, 2 drivers and 2 motor boy
.Perfect.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by austino2018: 7:16am On Sep 15, 2013
Can any body giv me a detailed info on the equipment to use,@ojugbanaaugustine@gmail.com,so much in love wit dis topic
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by enriched(m): 3:59am On Sep 16, 2013
I've been a long admirer of Pure water biz. I've been hoping to set up one (in partnership with a friend) before I became a salary earner. I want to quit my job to mind my own business. I only wish it's still lucrative as our community is flooded with it. Please can you send detailed info on it to my box: arotosin@gmail.com. Kind regards.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2013
enriched: I've been hoping to set up one (in partnership with a friend) before I became a salary earner. I want to quit my job to mind my own business.

what nature of partnership?
Does your friend has the same value as you?
Who among you have upper hand?

enriched: I only wish it's still lucrative as our community is flooded with it.

That's what we are talking about.You have to start your research NOW!
To determine your chances.Check ur inbox.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stegra: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kabarka,
Thank you so much once again for the quick response.
With regards to the drivers, How can one check on their use of fuel?
We have tried to map out their route and also advise them to stick to it, yet you hear them winning that they need to explore more areas as such we grant them leverage.
I am thinking of of how to implore the judicious use of fuel by the drivers and is coming up with this method
A. I give them 2500/day for the sale of 400bags
B. I give them 2000/day for the sale of 300bags
C. I fill the bus with fuel and monitor them for a week to see its consumption
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stegra: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kabarka,
By the way do send me your much sought after info for start up as for the book i shall acquire it before the week runs out.

stevuchu@gmail.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 1:48am On Sep 17, 2013
Thank you so much once again for the quick response.
With regards to the drivers, How can one check on their use of fuel?
We have tried to map out their route and also advise them to stick to it, yet you hear them winning that they need to explore more areas as such we grant them leverage.
I am thinking of of how to implore the judicious use of fuel by the drivers and is coming up with this method
A. I give them 2500/day for the sale of 400bags
B. I give them 2000/day for the sale of 300bags
C. I fill the bus with fuel and monitor them for a week to see its consumption

let me start my explanation by letting you know and confirm some things about your vehicle: FORD

1, It's fuel economy is high.
2, its possible your fuel tank Vomits.(Plz CONFIRM)
if they do,better for you.
3, The driver of present day Nigeria will not buy EXACTLY fuel of 2500 if you ask him.This is b/c he has needs.And the earlier you see it this way the better.
4,if your fuel gauge is working it will help.

NOW BACK TO THE ISSUE.
For Option(A-B), i would advice you to discourage giving money directly to drivers to buy fuel for the vehicle.(Reason above) instead buy and pour it yourself.

Or if you have time and mobility,allow them to run out of fuel so that each time they call you on phone that the fuel is finished,you drive down with fuel. They will surely try this severally and if you are always there,THEY THINK TWICE.
And by so doing,you have removed their mind from fuel to marketing your product.

Option C is good especially if the tank vomits .

Madam L mentioned a novelty approach to this that she called a BUY BACK SYSTEM. I wish she is on board to explain this.

My question is what is the probability that the 400 or 300 will finish when you give the 2500 or 2000?

Again.,is it possible the driver goes to all his market everyday?
Ofcourse No,you segment your market.

Ultimately,if you place drivers on commission,they tend to think little of these things.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by purpose100(f): 12:17am On Sep 18, 2013
Oga Kabarka,I need all the info u can send me on this Pure water business. I have the passion for this business,but I don't have adequate info on it. Kindly assist,my email is dohyeencakes@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by lagbaja(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hello kabaka,kudos to you and others ( Madam L et all) for the good job you are doing. Kindly send me a copy of the pure water business info. My email address is lajirots@Yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mr Kabarka. Quite a while. I just want to update you on the current state of things in my factory. We have gotten an experienced operator from another factory to handle the machine and the breakages are in the bearest minimum though once in a while we find some leakages. I just hope it get a little better than its current state. Have a nice day
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thank you for the prompt response.
We have Begun testing the market as per sales and this is what my drivers are saying the buyers are insisting
1. for a bunch of 55 bags they sell at N3000
2. for a bunch of 110 bags they sell for N5000
3. Any other retail price they sell for N70 per bag.
Now what i find intriguing or concerned is that i have not come across any company that sales water in Abuja as at now for N100 maybe during the hot season which is yet to commence.
do note that i did tried to interview as many drivers as i can for some clarity and they seem to agree for the same price.
4. there were only two clients of ours that i called after to verify how much our drivers sold water to them that did tell me 55/3500 and 110/7000.

Now my mentor,
where did the 100/per bag come from
should drivers who can deliver this price be sought? cos i cant get one for now
they are complaining of fuel shortage at all times
we have two Ford Transporter running on petrol will it pose a problem in this business here in Abuja?
5. for a company with 2 machine can we say recruiting 14 staff is a bad omen
a. operator
b. 8 bagging
c. 1 cleaner
d. 2 drivers
e. 2 motor boys

kindly advise as i need it desperately
hello, i just feel like putting in some input. Well your drivers maybe right to some extent of selling the bags at that amount but if you adopt that method, you may not keep a proper record of sale, and you are porous to been cheated where they sell more than that because not all customers will price it low and you maybe told by your motorboys/driver that this is how they sold it bla bla bla. As for Qs 1-4, i think selling water as that rate is very low cos in my area here, water is sold at the normal rate of #100 but depends on your customer but the lowest we sell some time is #80. ATWAP in Ilorin here frown at selling below #100 but its what we all know that most water company will not play along with the directives. And finally No.5 Qs: with two machines, four staff is enough for both machines and you dont need a cleaner. Among themselves they can volunteer to do the cleaning aspect. Overstaffing sometimess affect the profit you make and you have to save cost as much as possible. For the driver and 2motor boys per FORD, it is quite ok and you are good to go.
PS: how are you able to sell 300-400 bags per day and how is your marketing strategy? And also which town/state is your factory based?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (72) (Reply)

Lotto Forecast (sure Game) / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free / MerryBet Punt For Pride IV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.