Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Pure Water Biz(Discuss) - Business (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (230057 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame for the empty satchet pure water that litter the streets.

Pure water producers: 12% (1 vote)
End users: 50% (4 votes)
Ministry of environment: 25% (2 votes)
Hawkers: 0% (0 votes)
Waste disposal contractors: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Hw To Write A Pure Water Biz Proposal / How Lucrative Is Pure Water Biz In Lagos? / Pure Water Biz In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Segloyd(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
I have a pure water factory for sale @ gberigbe, ikorodu, With all needed machines and standby generator.
Please contact me for details and pics.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by saoron: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hi,
Anyone know where i can get a Nylon Bag Making Machine, will be much obliged for the information.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stegra: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dear Friends,
My Name is Samson Paul and a manager with one of our production firm at Abuja. We have just started a pure water production plant and do hope to make some impact. will certainly appreciate all imput for success
thank you

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Priceworth123: 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
For your nylons chemicals like LDPE HDPE,LLDPE you can contact me on 08189292918
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2013
saoron: Hi,
Anyone know where i can get a Nylon Bag Making Machine, will be much obliged for the information.
Hey,give me a call.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Trying to bring the thread alive. @kabarka, how can one break into the market for competition and how to win customers? thnx
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by 1Achiever(m): 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
I HAVE TO SAY.. this thread is absolutely amazing.. I have done research sachet water business as I am planning to join in. but so far this is the best source of honest information that I have found. 18 pages of pure experience. a huge thank you to Kabarka, Madam L and all the other contributors for your advice and transparency. please kabarka could you also bless me with your informative e-books.

I will appreciate all that you are generous enough to send.
Thank you in advance... my email--- someoneinurlife@yahoo.com

Now I have a question to all my brothers and sisters here, please could you check the machine in the link below, I have the opportunity to order it from china, is it a good machine? how much does it cost in Nigeria? ( it is I1500 without photocell monitoring and $2100 with. in china). if it is not a good choice please recommend something.

they also offered me RO filter, activated carbon filter, sand filter and automatic tanks at different prices. is it worth importing or not?

lastly,
which of these three businesses in this industry do you think will be a better choice in Abuja?
1. pure water production
2. nylon recycling plant
3. nylon production plant.
oga Kabarka and everybody I am very interested in your opinions.

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by 1Achiever(m): 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
saaron, according to my research nylon making machines can be gotten from, china, taiwon, germany and korea. but I am yet to know the prices.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Priceworth123: 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
I think with a little info I gather,the Taiwan machine is rank number one.just look at them an take your decision
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by MotionSway(m): 12:10am On Aug 26, 2013
For those of you Interested in Pure/Sachet Water business. I have a strategic business plan for Pure/Sachet water at an Unbeatable low price...MUST BUY!!! http://imadyandaki..com/2013/08/75-discount.html

Just Buzz; 08098458284, 08066432951
Drop Mail; i.yandaki@gmail.com
BBM; 28EB13E6
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2013
Excelboi: Trying to bring the thread alive. @kabarka, how can one break into the market for competition and how to win customers? thnx
For me Excelboi,this your question worths a million and i have been hungry for someone to throw it up in the direction i want to the benefit of all.But unfortunately no new comers in the industry has been able to share with us their experiences.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
hello 1Achiever,
The machine is good.But here you can get Original dinglin for #320,000 or less.
so since 1dollar is say #160.you can then compare and contrast.

Again,the type of business to establish depends os
1,cash available
2,favourable business from your reseach
3,The type of stress you are ready to absorb.
4,perhaps age consideration and others

My opinion is as follows
PURE WATER PRODUCTION
This will pull through because Abuja is generally a hot zone.

NYLON RECYCLING
only if you can articulate and cordinate your sourcing.

NYLON PRODUCTION
This could be okay since most producers go as far as lagos state to buy material.

bye
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by fejiron: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
You too can now make over 100k Monthly in Nigeria....forget all those ebooks that are sold by individuals and get the full gist here http://earn100kmonthly..com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
kabarka:
For me Excelboi,this your question worths a million and i have been hungry for someone to throw it up in the direction i want to the benefit of all.But unfortunately no new comers in the industry has been able to share with us their experiences.
Thnx for ur reply. Actually, our water company started its operations today and were able to make some sales of little above 100 bags. Most of them bought on credit in which i believe was intentional just to see how well they will sell it. There are many competitors arnd this area that was the exact reason i asked on how to attract customers as a new comer. When you started (or anyone you know who started as a newcomer) how were they able to break in despite the challenges? Pls ur input is needed or anybody who is in the biz.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Nduwin(f): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
Which area of Abuja is ur factory located at pls?
stegra: Dear Friends,
My Name is Samson Paul and a manager with one of our production firm at Abuja. We have just started a pure water production plant and do hope to make some impact. will certainly appreciate all imput for success
thank you
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Nduwin(f): 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ Excelboi,which area of Abuja are u?cos ur area matters as 4 me i will advice u strive 2 ensure u hv a good quality control of ur product.making sure ur water is counted among d best in such way u can gain customers.am telling u out of 3yr experience.i am a production manager/quality control wit a sachet water factory at d Nyanya axis of Abuja where there over 200 different sachet water products,here a bag goes for #60-#80 and my product is among d few that sell at #80.u can ask how we managed 2 scale 2ru and i will proudly say quality n maintenance.
Excelboi: Thnx for ur reply. Actually, our water company started its operations today and were able to make some sales of little above 100 bags. Most of them bought on credit in which i believe was intentional just to see how well they will sell it. There are many competitors arnd this area that was the exact reason i asked on how to attract customers as a new comer. When you started (or anyone you know who started as a newcomer) how were they able to break in despite the challenges? Pls ur input is needed or anybody who is in the biz.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
Excelboi: Thnx for ur reply. Actually, our water company started its operations today and were able to make some sales of little above 100 bags. Most of them bought on credit in which i believe was intentional just to see how well they will sell it. There are many competitors arnd this area that was the exact reason i asked on how to attract customers as a new comer. When you started (or anyone you know who started as a newcomer) how were they able to break in despite the challenges? Pls ur input is needed or anybody who is in the biz.
Beautiful,am happy you are sounding this way which shows you want to know.
Let me tell you something from my own experience.
when we started,our packaging and print was not the best(deep blue and red).it was not acceptable in town,customers keep on telling us to change to a common color(light blue,royal blue).
infact sometimes when our water leaks the printing paint goes with it.our print was bad,infact the tiles in our production room was for a long decolored by our print.you can imagine that.
In the market place,we were competing with about 6-7 competitors.
some are near while some come from far.
There is this particular competitor that control the larger part of the market,whenever they come out before us ,the only option left for us is to pack our vehicle and close for the day.Anyday we come out before them,customers that wish to patronise us or that was forced to partonise us due to pressure may buy 3-5 bag until their favourite customer comes.
we started thinking of the way out.we started going far to people we know or have close relationship with.
but the truth is that we need a close niche to survive,we need a close market because we have less cash in our disposal.Those far customers we service them in the night or early morning because we could not afford stickers.
Ultimately,it dawn on us that if we are to really survive we have to FIGHT TO TAKE CONTROL OF OUR TERRITORY.

Then we entered into a study.A STUDY OF WHAT? A study of our strength and weaknesses, what made us different?
we studied the strength and weaknesses of all competitors,their mode of operations,the type of personnel our competitors use,the nature and state of vehicle of our competitors,their relationship with customers,Working time frame,We also discovered that promises made by these companies were not fulfilled etc
AS A RESULT OF THIS WE STRATEGISED.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Beautiful piece Kabarka, very beautiful piece. Exactly what i wanted to hear. Now we have been able to get some customers tru close relations. We even intend to go to other streets far away from us. Even two of our competitors have started their wahala saying we've started collecting customers from them just within 3 days of our starting, na marketing strategy. Thanks Kabarka.
@Nduwin, i really appreciate ur response. My factory is located in Ilorin and we sell at #100 as the general price. We are trying our best to make our water the best and of good quality. I will post to you guys how we progress.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
Anybody who needs to see the structure of a pure water company and the equipments,facilities and the work mode, just request and i post pix.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by ogbuebo(m): 10:08am On Aug 31, 2013
A water factory at Ikotun, Lagos with valid licenses to produce and distribute 50cl sachets, 50cl bottles, 75cl bottles and 19-litre jars is up for lease for three years at the first instance. The water brand has a rich customer base, two functional 25-kva generators and three sachet water packaging machines among other standard facilities. Interested persons should contact the agent on okaji40@yahoo.co.uk or call 08090735112.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by dbty(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
Excelboi: Anybody who needs to see the structure of a pure water company and the equipments,facilities and the work mode, just request and i post pix.
This my Email.taiwoolabisi12@gmail.com. I Ϟ•̸ill like to ve the structural picture of pure water coy and the equip.thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
@Excelboi,
This is just the begining and i will appreciate it if our disscusions remain interactive.

In addition to what i said above,let me say that our packaging was very UNIQUE and that singled us out.This made it hard for people to accept us but i will show you step by step how what is written in Psalm 118:22 became our portion.

''The stone which the builders rejected as worthless turned out to be the most important of all''

Now,since you have already started ,it means you have things on ground .So let us cut it short and start from where you are.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by newleaf247: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
my water business pros,
help needed please,
am about setting up a fishfarm, to be water-supplied by a 35feet deep all-year wellwater.
i need a pumping machine thats durable,at least 1.5hp and submassive that pumps 10,000 liters daily with 3kva generator. i hv been to the market but it so confusing because the sellers are too sweet-mouthed. please help with the specs and average prices too. i dont wanna buy cheap or fake product.

thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
@kabarka, let fire on.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
This is what we did.
We choose a route and stick to it.
We talked to every prospective buyer and those that accepted us became our customers.
We made sure we enter the market @7.00am to increase our chances of patronage.
WE MADE OURSELF AVAILABLE WHEN THE PRODUCT IS NEEDED.

MONDAY MARKET is very crucial in the biz,If you delay or lose the chance to sell on monday.Then you have lost the better part of the week.We continue to push on, even on those that refused over time.
If you take out water as a beginner and did not sell,dont be fainthearted ,continue to patrol your targeted niche for by so doing you pass the message to customers that you are readily available and close.They will mark you down,this pays off in hot season.

All these gave us only relative success ,we did not make the kind of money we are yearning for.
For christ sake,we are fresh graduates and needed to pick real cash.We were keen to press a button to win the jackpot.

Then we discovered that all promises made by other pure water companies were not fulfilled. We capitalised on it.
We asked many other people and confirmed this as true.We also discovered how USED they felt after these disappointments.

We said oh! If thats the case.
Then if we deliver to these few customer of ours,it will definitely have multipler effect.

First we made sure we sold to them over time,so we are sure they are for us.
Then we told them that at a coming festive period we will SHARE A GIFT ITEM X.

They doubted us and said we are trying to deceive them like other companies.
We told them we mean it.But the few that believed in us said if we are able to do what we said,WE TAKE OVER THE MARKET. We had to play this game.

So,at appointed time,we bought and customised plenty of ITEM X,shared to our customer and the result was marvelous.

Guess what? Trust women now.They carried the news everywhere that whenever we are passing,somebody will come and ask ''Are you the people sharing ITEM X?
We say YES, she buys and ofcourse demand for her own gift of which my response will be ''well,since you just started buying from us,you have to buy over time to qualify for a gift.
Like this a whole lot of customers joined our fold.

They carried out person to person advertisement for free.
WITH THIS ,THE CASH CAME.
People were stunned the way we took over the market.

More question on gray areas before i continue.

2 Likes

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Excelboi(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
I dey feel you sir. Carry on! And b4 dat, hw wia u able to tackle the issue of people buying on credits without willing to repay back reluctantly? Pls share more.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by godello: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Pls pals am not aiming at derailing this thread,but permit me to ask a question that is bodering me, some months ago the federal govt made a pronouncment to ban pure water and nylon generally,by january 2014,I want to ask how we can still make water available to the public at low rate without this nylon issue,because of its environmental factor. Can small pet bottle suffice? Or can water be made availble with other containers? Pls help so as not to be taken by suprise.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Excelboi: I dey feel you sir. Carry on! And b4 dat, hw wia u able to tackle the issue of people buying on credits without willing to repay back reluctantly? Pls share more.
Pure water is a fast selling product as a result the credit duration is usually small say 1-2 days and sometimes 1wk.

This depend on your arrangement with the customer e.g some buy and sell finish before they pay and carry another one.In other words this customer is always owning but permanently is yours.You can only raise eyebrow if he buys another product without reasons.

Others owe because perhap they are not with cash instanta.So the arrangement is either come later that day or tomorrow.

Also in granting credit consider the quantity and turnover.Check if your cashflow can accomodate such.

In any case,you can give credit to someone you have known or done biz over time.At least be sure of their shop and be able to recognise them.Credit facility is one of benefit of their being your CUSTOMER. Dont just enter the street and start giving credit.No, you may lose money.

If i get you right,you said some people collect and pay reluctantly.
Well if somebody takes my goods ,the person must pay.No two ways about it.But remember to be gentle in all cases,dont use force.Keep explaining.

FINALY,for efficient management of this credits,there is need for documentation.The sales boy can use 2 hard cover notebook i.e one big note for daily sales and another small one for old debt collected, to be written on first half of the book and the other half for expenses.The format and pic of these are shown in my ebook ''PURE WATER BUSINESS DEMYSTIFIED''

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stegra: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Kabarka,
Goodness me!! see how much i have missed and have been operating in complete ignorance with regard to how one can EFFECTIVELY STRATEGISE to CREATE A NICHE in the market. Here in Abuja where our factory is based i can now say there are over 15 companys i have counted and interestingly some are even coming aroung to see this new would be producers.
By God i will need a way to go in and with your piece hard work and committment i will say we are good to go.
Let me ask the following
1. should drivers be on contract or permanent basis
2. kindly proffer the kind of gift items that are economically friendly and customer friendly (stevuchu@gmail.com)
3. must one comply to ATWAPS Price regulations and what are its advantages?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2013
godello: Pls pals am not aiming at derailing this thread,but permit me to ask a question that is bodering me, some months ago the federal govt made a pronouncment to ban pure water and nylon generally,by january 2014,I want to ask how we can still make water available to the public at low rate without this nylon issue,because of its environmental factor. Can small pet bottle suffice? Or can water be made availble with other containers? Pls help so as not to be taken by suprise.

Hello godello,
At inception of this biz,i recall how then Director General Prof Dora Akunyili encouraged nigerians to go into the biz,for her it was an introduction to industralization for average Nigerians.Pure water came to existent because of degenerating state of our waterworks and inabilty of GOVT to sustain any alternatives,which unfortunately is same today.

Initially,it was expected that after about 1-5yrs of operation,you upgrade to bottle water.

if you look up,a poll is before you in this thread to show what people here thinks.participants were small but it represent the heartbeat of nigerians.this is confirmed in other discussions.READ! link:www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-657308.99999.html#bot

An attempt or speculations or rumour has been made to BAN pure water and associated polythene bag TWICE.

1,On july 15,2011 Published on Daily champion of 26th july,2011
The director general of National orientation agency (NOA) Idi farouk made this call when his counterpart from National emergency management agency (NEMA) paid him a courtesy visit.

HIS REASONS
Because of its adverse effect on environment.He decried the manner in which used polythenesachet littered street and block drainages,thereby increasing the risk of environmental pollution and health hazard.(whose responsibilty?)

HIS SOLUTION
The agency canvasses the use of degradeable materials to package water.(wonderful!)

2,On 6th June,2013
Determined to check the continued despoliation of the environment, the Federal Government yesterday said plans are underway to ban the use of plastic bags in the country.

Minister of Environment, Mrs. Hadza Mailafia, who dropped the hint during the 2013 World Environment Day celebration in Abuja, said government would favour the use of paper bags in their place.

Mailafia, who said the ban would take effect from January 2014, also said the Federal Government was also considering banning the use of sachet water.

According to her, the move to ban the plastic bags are necessitated by the numerous health and environmental hazards associated with their use.
The minister noted that unlike the paper bags that could easily decompose, plastic bags are non-biogradable materials which could stay in the soil for years, contaminating water sources when washed into the rivers by the rain.

Then also Read from the same GOVT the latest http://fmi.gov.ng/latest/20538/

Also not quite long ago,NAFDAC RE-CERTIFICATION took place.
On page 5 of the manual reads:-Address by Mrs Hauwa keri,Director-Establishment & inspection,NAFDAC.
We are really glad that you were able to respond to NAFDAC's invitation to attend this workshop which we have themed ''Packaged water:The importance of Quality''.
in his remark at the 1th workshop in Abuja in february,the Honourable Minister for Health,Dr Muhammed Ali Pate,stated that water is so very important for health,well being and survival.

**The biz of water is linked inextricably to health and survival.
The consumption of water can affect all of us including manufacturers and their families,and therefore ,it is in the best interest of all to provide good quality water to the populace.

** it is therefore,imperative for all of us to pay attention to what is being organized by NAFDAC.
He urged the industry to think of sustainability of environment and therefore come up with ways to re-cycle empty plastics instead of littering our streets and spoiling the environment.

Our govt is like a person speaking with both ends of the mouth.
There is no cohesion in making and implementation of policy in our dear country.
These govt officials that make unguarded statement do not know that Prof Dora Akunyili travelled the whole nation to sensitise the people about opportunity in pure water and fruit juice.I attended one of seminar at Enugu in 1998.
The first speculation came and fizzled out,this on will follow suit

Regarding your concern for small pet bottle.
One of our Govt official suggested degradable paper for packaging water so that instead of having pure water we now have paper water.

Finally,let me give you a secret wording.
Govt of Nig is at our mercy.
The only problem is that ATWAP does not know what's in their hand.

NUPENG/PENGASSEN has held this country hostage in the past.If ATWAP shut down for one day the effect will be worst.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by Priceworth123: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2013
godello: Pls pals am not aiming at derailing this thread,but permit me to ask a question that is bodering me, some months ago the federal govt made a pronouncment to ban pure water and nylon generally,by january 2014,I want to ask how we can still make water available to the public at low rate without this nylon issue,because of its environmental factor. Can small pet bottle suffice? Or can water be made availble with other containers? Pls help so as not to be taken by suprise.
Nice topic,I think we are still lack some information,even in advance country the issue of plastic causing environment degredation is at burner front.
In Europe and and other Asia country,there are new material you added to you nylon production,it will decompose within a week.
I think is all about awareness if government as all nylon production to add it in there production it will go a long way in making our society free of dirty.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:01am On Sep 08, 2013
Priceworth123:
Nice topic,I think we are still lack some information,even in advance country the issue of plastic causing environment degredation is at burner front.
In Europe and and other Asia country,there are new material you added to you nylon production,it will decompose within a week.
I think is all about awareness if government as all nylon production to add it in there production it will go a long way in making our society free of dirty.

@Princewoth123
Very good and new hi-tech solution but the strength of leadership is the ability to solve immediate problems in most economical way and not to borrow solution that will increase cost.

If this will work now,then Gas flaring would have been a thing of the past in NIG.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (72) (Reply)

Lotto Forecast (sure Game) / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free / MerryBet Punt For Pride IV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.