Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,554 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? (26986 Views)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / "I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Parents should not depend on their children.
pocohantas:

You don't have to do it at the detriment of your family. C'mon, there is something called balance. You see some guys living large in the city, but their parents are suffering in the village. It's stupidity.

Any girl that'll even watch you treat your parents that way isn't fit to be a wife. And if the guy's senses doesn't tell him this, he is an irredeemable case.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by nedureubens(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
ULSHERLAN:

True!!!
You write like it's from experience
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
elfmann:
Parents should not depend on their children.

Yes, parents shouldn't depend on children, but your girlfriend should depend on you ba? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2017
joenor:
You are rightm but if we nor still give una... una go complain say the guy too stingy and only look after his parents.
You are a joke if you think pleasing your girlfriend is better than pleasing your parent. Any girl that complain that I take care my parent more than her doesn't deserve me. She is a ticking timebomb. Except she is my wife
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by wiloy2k8(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
nelsonebby:

my own brother did the same thing to me.
he got a new iPhone 7 for his girlfriend.
I asked him small cash to repair my infinix
he said he has no money.
this happened last year.

since then I don't ask him for anything again. ever..

No joy from ur bro .. he needs head washing
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Phaysal: 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
That is so bad. I think d first people you are suppose to think of is your family, even though they've not been able to do much, but they are d reason why you got to that stage.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by 2shure: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
its only yahoo guys
who did ogume
dat fall under such catogery
very common with afonjas
they neva epp dia mum
its a taboo
or ashemashe
ewor
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by LaExpert: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
Well, for me; Parents over girlfriend but wife over parents.
I can't imagine my dad taking care of my grandmum first before my mum.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by jonadaft: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
every man has the RIGHT to decide what are his priorities in life, and what is to be done with HIS money. if some prefer to spend on their babes, so be it.... and if others prefer to spend on their family, so be it!
the minute some stranger "thinks" that every man should spend on one over the other, because thats what YOU prefer, is the moment you would have failed in this issue.

at the end of the day, its THEIR money, THEIR life, THEIR choices!
Stupîdity redefined!
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Crizillion1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
bizme:

How many parents really take care of their children?
Many of them give birth like rats to a million children even when they are unfit to financially support a single child. The poor children then have to go through hell to make something decent of their own lives. Then you see those same parents sitting back and hoping the children they never took care of will take care of them.

Let's not get the order right: it is the duty of parents to take care of their children. That is first and primary. Children taking care of parents in return is secondary, though very important too. Personally, I prefer to be the kind of parent that sets my children up for life and make them independently wealthy, and not the kind that cries everywhere that his children are taking care of their women and not of me.
how many ladies have taken care of you since you were small if you don't have answers bury ur head in shame

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Crizillion1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Yes, parents shouldn't depend on children, but your girlfriend should depend on you ba? undecided

don't mind that goat
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
eleojo23:
Please leave the innocent village people out of this sad grin
Laffing in chinese
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Crizillion1(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Tunks2017:
PARENTS must always come first before any wife, fiancee, 2nd wife, third party wife, girlfriend, side chick, baby mama, concubine etc.............. shocked
see your sense yet your so called wife will be taking care of her own parents
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
jashar:
The story though....

You can't really blame the lady na. She's not use to such environment... undecided

But @ the topic. One of my elder Bros dey do such... Go dey pay babe school fees while he no dey send 50k to awa parents.

God is watching him...
Is space for hell na VVIP
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by dalass(f): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

They do it not just to their family, but friends too.
A guy will tell his friend he is broke, same guy will send 10k to a girl for transport to come visit him. All for sex...

Their manhoods and brains are not wired to work at the same time, that's why.
Wow, that's massive!
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
HONESTLY I USE TO DO LIKE THAT BUT LATER CAME BACK TO MY SENSES. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
I USED TO DO SOOO BUT THANK GOD I'M A CHANGED MAN.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
Augiiee:
It is called STUPIDITY
My guy, I call it WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:
[s]

Trash. Says the twerp who goes about calling ladies bitches and olosho. Drop your godammn sanctimonious cloak, you ain't fit to advise me. I post what I want, you don't like it...look away.

Why don't you quote all the guys who said same on FP. Na our matter you wan die on top? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
U dey vex gan O
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by bettercreature(m): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
This is just the reality of life and I think it’s beyond our power as a human being to change it,It’s wrong to spend more on a girl friend than your parent but your wife will always get multiply by 50 of what you are giving your parent not because we don’t want to give them more but that is how we are made
This is why a parents must enjoy their life not to spend all their savings to raise kids.All you owe them is quality education and good standard of living
Mind you it’s a curse if you don’t take good care of your parent
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
eleojo23:

What happened to family? We are talking about parents here o. The people who took care of you before the so called 'sweety' came along.

No matter how you look at it, it is not right to neglect one's parents all in the name of setting priorities.

thats because you believe ALL parents are in dire need of financial support from their kinsmen.... sadly, there are MANY parents out there who are better off than their children etc, and thus, dont require NOTHING BUT LOVE from their kids..... just because you are different doesnt mean we should all live like you do. same with siblings.

but even, if your parents needed assistance, and you prefer to assist your future wife rather than them, there are NO rules that says that you should prioritize your parents EVERY MONTH. give whatever you desire to whomever you choose, not out of necessity, but out of your damn HEART....and if it aint good enough for them then let them live with it. having children is NOT (and will never be) some life insurance for their old days. there comes a time when a man has to be free, and live HIS life and make HIS own decisions, unless you do, dont call yourself a MAN(or go back to live with your mummy).

just like a gf, teach your parents to not live above their means (or to accept their condition)... if they cant then let them sustain their lifestyle. it would be SELFISH for any parent/sibling to expect you to step your dreams aside, step your life aside in order to cater for THEIR DREAMS! HABA!!!!
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
2shure:
its only yahoo guys who did ogume dat fall under such catogery very common with afonjas they neva epp dia mum its a taboo or ashemashe ewor
Warri boy, receive sense
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by damzy88: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

But you can afford to lose them to your stupidity?
I have never seen you post anything sensible. Just insults and wishing people ill. You're despicable. Go remove the speck in your eye first, so, you don't lose impressionable girls to dogginess.
Look who is talking? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

The day you're fit to talk to me, you'll know by my response.
call it stupidity so long I'm diametrically opposed to bitchery, so long it is reasonably & unreasonably condemned, far removed without the convention of being given the full benefits from people like you & your ilk. If you were slightly close to the wisdom of cold.feet(case in point),NL woulda returned to being a delight. I have a fair idea the tough times you were made to go through but then again, for the good of the impressionables. Minutes ago, I read on FP a slay queen took a selfie with her new phone without her an idea of a condom as a selfie mate.. But you will say to her 'go girl'
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimeMod3:
call it stupidity so long I'm diametrically opposed to bitchery, so long it is reasonably & unreasonably condemned, far removed without the convention of being given the full benefits from people like you & your ilks. If you were slightly close to the wisdom of cold.feet(case in point),NL woulda returned to being a delight. I have a fair idea the tough times you were made to go through but then again, for the good of the impressionables. Minutes ago, I read on FP a slay queen took a selfie with her new phone without her an idea of a condom as a selfie mate.. But you will say to her 'go girl'

Cursed be the day you be the judge of wisdom.
A hypocritical human with no iota of what he is judging...
If you want someone who'll always post what you want, go get a robot, not me poco. Please, go and rest, I don't take you serious and I sincerely don't care if you return the favour cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by anidat77(m): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
There's always two sides to this story...especially if the parent has other priorities that become your responsibility.... Guys make una use una head sha.

Anyway most old parents no send una any message o...if you manage to see NYSC...OYO to you..(on your own).but the lady should know the story before she also commits to the relationship.

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimeMod3:
call it stupidity so long I'm diametrically opposed to bitchery, so long it is reasonably & unreasonably condemned, far removed without the convention of being given the full benefits from people like you & your ilk. If you were slightly close to the wisdom of cold.feet(case in point),NL woulda returned to being a delight. I have a fair idea the tough times you were made to go through but then again, for the good of the impressionables. Minutes ago, I read on FP a slay queen took a selfie with her new phone without her an idea of a condom as a selfie mate.. But you will say to her 'go girl'
Abeg free the babe na
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by positivetaught: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
what I'm going to say now may sound surprising but it's true, some parents never really took care of their wards hence these wards don't feel true love n respect for them,some parents even gets involved in acts that are irresponsible n disgraceful that inwardly their wards regret having them as parents, so painful n strange as such behaviours may appear, they requires deep thoughts n investigation not just instant n general condemnations.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Belafonte(m): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
This all boils down to the cost of the relationship and whether or not said dude is willing to pay what he thinks is the price to keep it alive.

You should understand that giving a girlfriend money is not caring for the girlfriend per se, it is actually the guy paying for the maintenance of that relationship. Giving babe's money is really paying for a service, to put it crudely. A service nobody part form his girlfriend can offer. grin

When he gives bar money, he is not helping her to the detriment of his mother, he is helping himself.

Now, this can be taken too far. After all, too much if everything is bad. Help yourself small, help your mama small. Find a balance. Everybody is happy. smiley
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by mykel25(m): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
Simply because of ILEKE only very experienced ones can understand this
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
That attitude of some dudes irritates me so much. I'm glad I'm giving my mum a good life here and now. What she doesn't have is what she doesn't want to have.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

thats because you believe ALL parents are in dire need of financial support from their kinsmen.... sadly, there are MANY parents out there who are better off than their children etc, and thus, dont require NOTHING BUT LOVE from their kids..... just because you are different doesnt mean we should all live like you do. same with siblings.

but even, if your parents needed assistance, and you prefer to assist your future wife rather than them, there are NO rules that says that you should prioritize your parents EVERY MONTH. give whatever you desire to whomever you choose, not out of necessity, but out of your damn HEART....and if it aint good enough for them then let them live with it. having children is NOT (and will never be) some life insurance for their old days. there comes a time when a man has to be free, and live HIS life and make HIS own decisions, unless you do, dont call yourself a MAN(or go back to live with your mummy).

just like a gf, teach your parents to not live above their means (or to accept their condition)... if they cant then let them sustain their lifestyle. it would be SELFISH for any parent/sibling to expect you to step your dreams aside, step your life aside in order to cater for THEIR DREAMS! HABA!!!!
It is obvious u are guilty of what the op is talking about...
The message is clear, why spend more on your gf than parents?
Op never said wife, but so many guys have changed it to wife & here u are trying so hard to make it sound right to neglect one's parent...Woman is a weak point for somemen, not everyman can live without a woman. The fear of losing their gf will even make them kill their parents....So we understand.

Some ladies on fp affirmed the op message....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Seen Treasure Ofuya / Lady Describes How Her Mother Destroyed Her Father (Pic/Video) / Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.