Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? (26733 Views)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / "I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Dwana96(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
It's simple cos dey are useless
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
positivetaught:
what I'm going to say now may sound surprising but it's true, some parents never really took care of their wards hence these wards don't feel true love n respect for them,some parents even gets involved in acts that are irresponsible n disgraceful that inwardly their wards regret having them as parents, so painful n strange as such behaviours may appear, they requires deep thoughts n investigation not just instant n general condemnations.
U understand op message, don't try to twist it.
He gave an example, which is suppose to guide our judgement on the topic
We are talking about parents who took care of u
before some start bringing in ophans...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by jitolala(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
Because a man would leave his parents, get married and they will become one flesh.So he invariably spend on himself when he spends on his woman. However, that shouldn't stop him from helping his mom.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Cursed be the day you be the judge of wisdom.
A hypocritical human with no iota of what he is judging...
If you want someone who'll always post what you want, go get a robot, not me poco. Please, go and rest, I don't take you serious and I sincerely don't care if you return the favour cheesy
I thought we were having a conversation, weren't we?
Look, personally I do stuffs, I own up to them but I'm not hypocritical not even to the edge of juging others, simply put, I don't judge. Quite importantly, whatever a comment you leave, do not dignify a line of it with a shade of bitchery.
I have girls liking & sharing your comments, the highly controversial ones & discussing them, not only you, a few number of you! Don't you ever get it. I have been on this forum long enough to identify coven of shared ideas.
Left to me y'all are another trash in a bin.
I know you are always hardened to a wise counsel but 'Nuff Said... Waterloo Counting!

#NoBitchAttitude
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
That attitude of some dudes irritates me so much. I'm glad I'm giving my mum a good life here and now. What she doesn't have is what she doesn't want to have.
God will richly bless u
At times i wonder how people place a gf above their parents?
May God never allow us to have male children who can't live without women. Most end up in that category...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimeMod3:
I thought we were having a conversation, weren't we?
Look, personally I do stuffs, I own up to them but I'm not hypocritical not even to the edge of juging others, simply put, I don't judge. Quite importantly, whatever a comment you leave, do not dignify a line of it with a shade of bitchery.
I have girls liking & sharing your comments, the highly controversial ones & discussing them, not only you, a few number of you! Don't you ever get it. I have been on this forum long enough to identify coven of shared ideas.
Left to me y'all are another trash in a bin.
I know you are always hardened to a wise counsel but 'Nuff Said... Waterloo Counting!

#NoBitchAttitude

Yawns... I wish care about how you view my comments.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by nextstep(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
I'd say it's evolutionary... have you seen a male bird give gifts to his parents? No... but he brings gifts to the potential lady he's trying to make more little birds with... why argue against nature? grin

But seriously, the lady was right to call it off... is this the kind of crap she would have to deal with the rest of her life? For what?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
timemod3 & pocohantas....make una carry una fight go where e for start
Seems the fight don dey ground for long....

But why dou people take NL so seriois?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by jashar(f): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Womanpleaser:

Is space for hell na VVIP

God forbid. We are still interceding for the salvation of his soul.

No family member of mine is permitted to enter hell.

Not on my watch...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
nextstep:
I'd say it's evolutionary... have you seen a male bird give gifts to his parents? No... but he brings gifts to the potential lady he's trying to make more little birds with... why argue against nature? grin

But seriously, the lady was right to call it off... is this the kind of crap she would have to deal with the rest of her life? For what?
I quite agree with your point of view
It is more of a natural thing
I see it asa weakness God placed in man....
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by tomtyte02(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

They do it not just to their family, but friends too.
A guy will tell his friend he is broke, same guy will send 10k to a girl for transport to come visit him. All for sex...

Their manhoods and brains are not wired to work at the same time, that's why.

lol....One must increase while the other decreases. Inverse proportion
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
jashar:

God forbid. We are still interceding for the salvation of his soul.

No family member of mine is permitted to enter hell.

Not on my watch...
Lol @bold
this lady is very funny
See the way u are talking as if u don fit do your own
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by ikorodureporta: 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
The same way some buy private jets for their pastors, meanwhile their parents & siblings are dying of hunga
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by okenwaa(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Juju.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Yawns... I wish care about how you view my comments.
grin grin grin
poco where do you hide your brain?. It's not about me who is well informed to know you are all about pent-up emotions. I am proficient at striking through the purblind of bitches on social media but what about the unsuspecting readers?
I promise you won't get away with this.

#NoBitchAttitude
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by lereinter(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
Most guys are guilty of this. Their mum would ask for N500 and they'll say they don't have. Meanwhile, they've kept N1,000 aside to give to girlfriend.

maybe the guy has chop vegetable

maybe her thing dey bringout diamond when mining it
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by tomtyte02(m): 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Cursed be the day you be the judge of wisdom.
A hypocritical human with no iota of what he is judging...
If you want someone who'll always post what you want, go get a robot, not me poco. Please, go and rest, I don't take you serious and I sincerely don't care if you return the favour cheesy

I want a girl that can reply my critics with such prowess.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
tomtyte02:

I want a girl that can reply my critics with such prowess.

That's no critic, that's an obsessive stalker.
I can handle all anyway...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by tomtyte02(m): 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:
Lol @bold this lady is very funny See the way u are talking as if u don fit do your own
Never underestimate the power of an intercessor.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimeMod3:
poco where do you hide your brain?. It's not about me who is well informed to know you are all about pent-up emotions. I am proficient at striking through the purblind of bitches on social media but what about the unsuspecting readers?
I promise you won't get away with this.

#NoBitchAttitude

Honestly, I take it cool with you because I don't think you're as silly as you portray yourself. I didn't mean that to sound rude.
But, I will advice you to get a life on Nairaland, one that doesn't involve sniffing my posts, I don't care about you Timemod, I never will. I promise you, you will get tired, when you eventually realise I owe you nothing!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
tomtyte02:

Never underestimate the power of an intercessor.
Sir is about making heaven or hell
It is strictly a personal affair
Intercession won't work
The best is to preach to them now they are alive...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by positivetaught: 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:

U understand op message, don't try to twist it.
He gave an example, which is suppose to guide our judgement on the topic
We are talking about parents who took care of u
before some start bringing in ophans...
Yes I understood op message n I'm not bringing up any orphan issue,I'm commenting based on what I have witnessed pls,you don't necessarily have to agree with me.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Honestly, I take it cool with you because I don't think you're as silly as you portray yourself. I didn't mean that to sound rude.
But, I will advice you to get a life on Nairaland, one that doesn't involve sniffing my posts, I don't care about you Timemod, I never will. I promise you, you will get tired, when you eventually realise I owe you nothing!!! kiss
You are just everywhere
It is either u are arguing with mr A today or mr B tomorrow...
U no dey tire?
Honestly u are very stubborn....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by tomtyte02(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:

Sir is about making heaven or hell
It is strictly a personal affair
Intercession won't work
The best is to preach to them now they are alive...

True sir. However, intercession can quicken ones salvation. Especially, request for the provision of a receptive heart to the gospel.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:

You are just everywhere
It is either u are arguing with mr A today or mr B tomorrow...
U no dey tire?
Honestly u are very stubborn....

It's funny you think I am the problem, when they are the ones always calling me out specifically. I have ignored that thing for long, he sef knows I have tried to ignore his direct insults and evil wishes.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

I don't care about bitches either, You owe me nothing but I own you.
Biko e don do, go sleep abi your bf no dey do tonight ni...

#NoBitchAttitude
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by williaam(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
some guys are jst worst, for me family comes first. And many ladies wil try to paint a negative picture abt ur family as if u are d only help they have, life is not like dat. Speaking frm experience, i weep wen my brother asked in december to check and make enquiry abt a post diplomat program, only to tell me dat he is getting old and needs to settle, he hardly even care for our parents, quite sad. I believe u dnt have to earn much to give to ur parents. My 2cent
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
TimeMod3:
I don't care about bitches either, You owe me nothing but I own you.
Biko e don do, go sleep abi your bf no dey do tonight ni...

#NoBitchAttitude

Stop using reverse techniques. If you like me, say you like me grin
This is becoming an obsession...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

It's funny you think I am the problem, when they are the ones always calling me out specifically. I have ignored that thing for long, he sef knows I have tried to ignore his direct insults and evil wishes.
@bold not really....
But how come this your moniker is always arguing vehemently with lot of guys on this forum
Everywhere pocohantas!!!!!!!!
I know this your moniker because of constant argument
Honestly i think u should tone down a little bit as a lady...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
If not no sex nao.
pocohantas:

Yes, parents shouldn't depend on children, but your girlfriend should depend on you ba? undecided
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
williaam:
some guys are jst worst, for me family comes first. And many ladies wil try to paint a negative picture abt ur family as if u are d only help they have, life is not like dat. Speaking frm experience, i weep wen my brother asked in december to check and make enquiry abt a post diplomat program, only to tell me dat he is getting old and needs to settle, he hardly even care for our parents, quite sad. I believe u dnt have to earn much to give to ur parents. My 2cent
@bold True...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:

@bold not really....
But how come this your moniker is always arguing vehemently with lot of guys on this forum
Everywhere pocohantas!!!!!!!!
I know this your moniker because of constant argument
Honestly i think u should tone down a little bit as a lady...

NL is a forum, do I need to remind you the meaning? And can you tell me the rules that say a lady shouldn't argue on this forum. Abi you think I came here to find husband cheesy. I'm done with this mehn...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emmanuel Arigbe-Osula: "Uwa Brown Is A Dirty Liar, Blackmailer" - Osa Osula Says / Marriages Then Vs Marriages Now / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.