Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? (26981 Views)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / "I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2017
God1000:
I will take your advice.
Good decision bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2017
cruchenutii:

Can you even listen to yourself? Both you and the person you mention are both not serious at all.

I agree the case of parents is understandable. But Your brother owes you nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I should be asking you that, can you also listen to yourself.
How can his bro buy a girl iPhone and refuse to give his younger one money to repair an old one, and you say he owes him absolutely nothing.

Does he owe the girlfriend anything? Na him born her, if not for pussy power, will he be doing that rubbish?

Lots of you men don't reason well when your prick is activated. This is the attitude he'll carry it into marriage, and people like you will come to blame the wife. As if the guy wasn't created with a brain to make sound judgements. Same way una dey behave once you see a fresh pussy, the old one must suffer abandonment...e dey una body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:

How can his bro buy a girl iPhone and refuse to give his younger one money to repair an old one, and you say he owes him absolutely nothing.

Does he owe the girlfriend anything? Na him born her, if not for pussy power, will he be doing that rubbish?

Lots of you men don't reason well when your prick is activated. This is the attitude he'll carry it into marriage, and people like you will come to blame the wife. As if the guy wasn't created with a brain to make sound judgements. Same way una dey behave once you see a fresh pussy, the old one must suffer abandonment...e dey una body.
Lolz

@fresh pussy got me laff my ass off
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
Crizillion1:

how many ladies have taken care of you since you were small if you don't have answers bury ur head in shame

Many actually.

The ladies that I spend money on are my immediate responsibility. Be it my girlfriend, my fiance, my wife or my daughter. Parents that failed to take care of their children do not have the right to claim different treatment from the children they failed to take care of. And yes, I take care of the so-called ladies in my life because they are my responsibility.

But the imbecil.e you wouldn't understand that; when you see the word 'ladies' all that comes to your mind is olosho.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
olowobaba10:
IS THAT HOW YOUR PLASTIC AND WOODEN BRAIN WORKS?

yes thats how it does... let me guess, you must be one of the begging family members who think that its your right to be helped by sibling (by fire or by force), right?!

arrant deluded nonsense!
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:

as much as i hate men who give money to women, why should you care what a man does with his money? if a man decide to NOT help his brother then thats HIS decision, and he is entitled to do what he wants in his life. who knows his siblings betther than themselves , if not you? this has nothing to do with sex and all to do with priorities. many of these so called begging siblings probably already got helped, times and times again, and wasted that handout simply because they "believed" that they would always be helped (aka lazy ungrateful state of mind). a sibling has no damn right to ask a brother/sister for money, let them go and ask their parents, thats who is responsible for them, not their sibling. its a REQUIREMENT for your parent to cater for their children, it is NOT a requirement for your siblings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
mctowel01:

Mr man...... this is bad. i m also guilty of this, but you can't always justify everything. Call a spade a spade. Its a bad character. No one is saying you shouldn't spend on your girlfriend, but in all honesty, our parents have done more than enough for us, than that girlfriend will or has done. Infact, worst case is when you break up for a typically stupid reason, is is not inhuman and foolosh to now remember that you had a family or friend in more need of a small portion of the money you ve wasted fruitlessly on a girl? Call a spade a spade, sorry despite your efforts, you didn't make any sincere point

a man doing what he pleases with his money is bad?! its a bad character?! says who?! your parents did what they did because thats their DUTY.... it certainly aint your "duty" to help any and every deluded friend you have that may fall on hard times. what next?! they cant pay their rent EVERY MONTH, so you should pay it for them EVERY MONTH?!?!?

the sad fact here is that you automatically view the money spent on a gf as wasted, while many spend such money on their gf. who in turn becomes their wife and mother of their children...aka spend on your future family. sadly, you only have a one sided view on this issue because you put yourself in the shoes of the begging person, and not in the shoes of a man who CARES/PROTECTS and is RESPONSIBLE for his future family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:

Yea, the poster's brother doesn't owe him anything. This is not even about pussy power.

People need to get their asses to work. It is the duty of the parent to cater for their children & not the brother.

It is this mindset that makes the First Born of the family go through Hell & Pain carrying the burden of the whole siblings instead of worrying about himself.

Your brother's money is not yours & this sense of Entitlement has to stop.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

as much as i hate men who give money to women, why should you care what a man does with his money? if a man decide to NOT help his brother then thats HIS decision, and he is entitled to do what he wants in his life. who knows his siblings betther than themselves , if not you? this has nothing to do with sex and all to do with priorities. many of these so called begging siblings probably already got helped, times and times again, and wasted that handout simply because they "believed" that they would always be helped (aka lazy ungrateful state of mind). a sibling has no damn right to ask a brother/sister for money, let them go and ask their parents, thats who is responsible for them, not their sibling. its a REQUIREMENT for your parent to cater for their children, it is NOT a requirement for your siblings.

Thank you for speaking my mind, this pocohantas babe needs to know.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
Benita27:
Most guys are guilty of this. Their mum would ask for N500 and they'll say they don't have. Meanwhile, they've kept N1,000 aside to give to girlfriend.
Send me your acct. number.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by pocohantas(f): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
cruchenutii:

Thank you for speaking my mind, this pocohantas babe needs to know.

You both are right, but we should also remember those are assumptions. There are some guys whose siblings don't fall into that category, yet they don't help them out.

I know he owes them nothing, I know it's all about his priority. But prioritising women over one's family, is something I can't understand.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by mctowel01: 2:04am On Nov 22, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

a man doing what he pleases with his money is bad?! its a bad character?! says who?! your parents did what they did because thats their DUTY.... it certainly aint your "duty" to help any and every deluded friend you have that may fall on hard times. what next?! they cant pay their rent EVERY MONTH, so you should pay it for them EVERY MONTH?!?!?

the sad fact here is that you automatically view the money spent on a gf as wasted, while many spend such money on their gf. who in turn becomes their wife and mother of their children...aka spend on your future family. sadly, you only have a one sided view on this issue because you put yourself in the shoes of the begging person, and not in the shoes of a man who CARES/PROTECTS and is RESPONSIBLE for his future family.
Bro, many times,
guys waste money on girls they eventually do not marry, due to one reason or the other. Also, don't call friends deluded, cos typically, friends and family are the ones we ll turn to and who will have our backs when the tidings get rough. I understand you, but two sides to it bro...
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by armyofone(m): 2:40am On Nov 22, 2017
Well done...it is well @ post the entitlement has eaten too deep to the extent most in African society don't know that at some point in life and time, it's every man for himself.

No, your brother or sister or family member's money is not yours. Siblings, by grateful for little or nothing and forge your own path.
Help your aging parents and that should be enough.

cruchenutii:

Yea, the poster's brother doesn't owe him anything. This is not even about pussy power.

People need to get their asses to work. It is the duty of the parent to cater for their children & not the brother.

It is this mindset that makes the First Born of the family go through Hell & Pain carrying the burden of the whole siblings instead of worrying about himself.

Your brother's money is not yours & this sense of Entitlement has to stop.

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07am On Nov 22, 2017
mctowel01:

Bro, many times,
guys waste money on girls they eventually do not marry, due to one reason or the other. Also, don't call friends deluded, cos typically, friends and family are the ones we ll turn to and who will have our backs when the tidings get rough. I understand you, but two sides to it bro...

the money will only be "wasted" if it was blackmailed out of him, but if a man willfully/gladly spend on a babe because he believe she deserves it, then it will NEVER be wasted.... it is "you" who think it is wasted because you think that only family deserves that cash/handout..... even though you know fully well that these family members ALSO often waste such handout.

bro, the reality of life is that a young adult is NOT responsible for his siblings/parents nor friends, and as much as he should help when he desire to do so, it is certainly NOT a requirement in life. so help them ONCE, and until they repay you back, DONT borrow shiiit (unless you wanna act as father Xmas).

here is a clue: every man has their own life/dream to live and let anybody in need go ask their parents for help.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by olowobaba10: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2017
WHEN PIGS FLY
MrBrownJay1:

yes thats how it does... let me guess, you must be one of the begging family members who think that its your right to be helped by sibling (by fire or by force), right?!

arrant deluded nonsense!
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Crizillion1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
bizme:

Many actually.

The ladies that I spend money on are my immediate responsibility. Be it my girlfriend, my fiance, my wife or my daughter. Parents that failed to take care of their children do not have the right to claim different treatment from the children they failed to take care of. And yes, I take care of the so-called ladies in my life because they are my responsibility.

But the imbecil.e you wouldn't understand that; when you see the word 'ladies' all that comes to your mind is olosho.

karma fall on you senseless head
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by evexx1(f): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
God1000:
I will take your advice.

Good boy smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

God bless! You spoke my mind.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2017
Crizillion1:

karma fall on you senseless head

Silly, karma died eons ago.

I know it pained you; but remember paracetamol can take care of most pain.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by God1000(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
evexx1:

Good boy smiley
Good girl, you are a rare type, I have sent you a message, check your email.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Smile4mee01: 9:31am On Jun 30, 2019
I think a subtle lesson to learn form this is that Men should hustle and begin to think of life in their old age.

The son/daughter you are hoping would be your retirement plan might not even bother about and might genuinely be overwhelmed with life challenges of his own family commitment.

I see many men die for thier family, take on risky jobs in hazardous conditions only for thier family to turn thier back on them when old.

The Key is to balance it.

While this wont be the case for dangote and the likes, his own might be in the opposite direction of his hiers patiently waiting on him to die to take over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Addiction!! / Have You Seen Treasure Ofuya / Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.