Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? (26995 Views)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / "I Had 19 Kids With 10 Women But Didn’t Marry Them" Kenyan Man Tells Court (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Rubbiish(m): 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

NL is a forum, do I need to remind you the meaning? And can you tell me the rules that say a lady shouldn't argue on this forum. Abi you think I came here to find husband cheesy. I'm done with this mehn...
Wasn't expecting anything less...Stubborn girl tongue

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
pocohantas:

Stop using reverse techniques. If you like me, say you like me grin
This is becoming an obsession...
Except if obsession has had a new meaning. If force feeding you with your habitual hypocrisy means obsession or stalking to you, it could then be said that majority of highly sensible guys like myself on NL that have continually unclad your tendencies of hypocrisy are nothing but your stalkers, huh?
FYI, I hate You -- fact!

#NoBitchAttitude
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbiish:
Wasn't expecting anything less...Stubborn girl tongue
Lol Dat thing wey dey worry am too strong

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Because konji na bastard. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by evexx1(f): 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
Such guys who do this are usually fools, because if you have to spend for a woman to like you, whenever you stop spending- you would lose value in her eyes. Simple!
Guys, if you wanna know if a woman really loves/likes you- be yourself around her, if she can tolerate you and is cool with your personality? Then you can spend on her, which is a plus- shouldn't be number 1 priority.

That's how I feel

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 21, 2017
Such guys are fools, it doesn't happen with me. I had a problem with my girlfriend over this some time ago simply because I gave my mom money without telling her she picked a fight. That was her worse move ever and nearly caused a break up, I seriously warned her not to get involved with what I give to my parents ever again, and it's none of her business!!!! Na them train me, cloth me, house me and take care of me till I met you, and just because of pussy, you think you can step up your game, rubbish!! I recently sent 100k to momsi before I decided to get her a phone, which I haven't even bought yet. But that warning drew the line clearly, and increased the respect she had for me. I will delete this post later so she doesn't see it, lol.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by ModestSam(m): 1:19am On Nov 21, 2017
Most guys? I think you need to change your circle, and pray that your brothers receive sense.
Benita27:
Most guys are guilty of this. Their mum would ask for N500 and they'll say they don't have. Meanwhile, they've kept N1,000 aside to give to girlfriend.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by ezewealth(m): 1:39am On Nov 21, 2017
TimeMod3:
Except if obsession has had a new meaning. If force feeding you with your habitual hypocrisy means obsession or stalking to you, it could then be said that majority of highly sensible guys like myself on NL that have continually unclad your tendencies of hypocrisy are nothing but your stalkers, huh?
FYI, I hate You -- fact!

#NoBitchAttitude
Bro easy nah, this is just a forum where anybody can air his or her view
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by mctowel01: 2:33am On Nov 21, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
every man has the RIGHT to decide what are his priorities in life, and what is to be done with HIS money. if some prefer to spend on their babes, so be it.... and if others prefer to spend on their family, so be it!
the minute some stranger "thinks" that every man should spend on one over the other, because thats what YOU prefer, is the moment you would have failed in this issue.

at the end of the day, its THEIR money, THEIR life, THEIR choices!
Mr man...... this is bad. i m also guilty of this, but you can't always justify everything. Call a spade a spade. Its a bad character. No one is saying you shouldn't spend on your girlfriend, but in all honesty, our parents have done more than enough for us, than that girlfriend will or has done. Infact, worst case is when you break up for a typically stupid reason, is is not inhuman and foolosh to now remember that you had a family or friend in more need of a small portion of the money you ve wasted fruitlessly on a girl? Call a spade a spade, sorry despite your efforts, you didn't make any sincere point
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by adebisiseun2(m): 2:47am On Nov 21, 2017
before i buy anything for my gf or wife i will first of take care of my parents.without them,i am nobody,if they dnt give birth to me,i cant meet her .dnt quote me wrong,it is good to take care your gf.i can do anything for my gf
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Dare2Try(m): 5:12am On Nov 21, 2017
Yanks one of akuko kingdom is here, please if u know any guy like that just connect me to him, I will make I hack of his wealth out, give 70% to his parent and take the remaining 30%
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by jaxxy(m): 5:44am On Nov 21, 2017
Safiaa:
Its a very sad situation. Happened with my ex and his brother too. The next story we will hear is naija girls like money too much, not realising it's karma following you.

There isn't just one reason a man wud abandon his parents and please a gal or even strangers.

1.He has a selfish mindset
2.Doesn't really value d role or contribution of his parents in his life
3.He tries so hard packaging and keeping an image to please others he forgets his real image and values
4. A terrible and selfish galfrnd who only wants him to spend on her and hers.

Bt in the case of this story it's clear the lady wasnt the issue bt the guy cos she herself was disappointed.
Cc womanpleaser
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by ezenwa10: 5:49am On Nov 21, 2017
what do you know about your nails? be enlighten on https://bebelite..com/2017/11/how-well-do-you-know-about-nails.html
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by famzing(m): 6:13am On Nov 21, 2017
Guys who indulge in this are the ones there village people had use boiled groundnut oil to make pap for.. grin

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 21, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
That attitude of some dudes irritates me so much. I'm glad I'm giving my mum a good life here and now. What she doesn't have is what she doesn't want to have.
Kudos brother

You will live long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 21, 2017
famzing:
Guys who indulge in this are the ones there village people had use boiled groundnut oil to make pap for.. grin
Nawa 4 U oo

Must U joke with everything?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2017
jashar:

God forbid. We are still interceding for the salvation of his soul.
No family member of mine is permitted to enter hell.
Not on my watch...
Yimu
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 21, 2017
jaxxy:

There isn't just one reason a man wud abandon his parents and please a gal or even strangers.

1.He has a selfish mindset
2.Doesn't really value d role or contribution of his parents in his life
3.He tries so hard packaging and keeping an image to please others he forgets his real image and values
4. A terrible and selfish galfrnd who only wants him to spend on her and hers.

Bt in the case of this story it's clear the lady wasnt the issue bt the guy cos she herself was disappointed.
Cc womanpleaser
You are just on point.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Beryl007: 7:46am On Nov 21, 2017
For your Borehole Drilling and Geophysical Survey at Reasonable Price ....Contact us @ SDU Geology Firm...via call and whatsapp : 09035560780 Email: samueladeyemia9@gmail.com. We are at your Service at Ogun State, Oyo State , Lagos State, Osun State, Ekiti State and environs
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Laxra: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2017
Coldfeet:
Why she no wash the toilet and use? Her bladder for tear sef.

She could have been the one to make him more responsible in taking care of his parents! Breaking off isn't the solution, unless she has tried to make him take better care of his parents and he refused.

Still being his wife could have made a difference in his attitude towards them.
She has seen the future with this man and she knows that he will do the same thing with her and her children(if any),
if she could do this to her parents. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:05am On Nov 21, 2017
Rubbiish:

It is obvious u are guilty of what the op is talking about...
The message is clear, why spend more on your gf than parents?
Op never said wife, but so many guys have changed it to wife & here u are trying so hard to make it sound right to neglect one's parent...Woman is a weak point for somemen, not everyman can live without a woman. The fear of losing their gf will even make them kill their parents....So we understand.

Some ladies on fp affirmed the op message....

bro, as the chairman of the Nairaland association of STINGY men, you best believe that i have NEVER EVER EVER given money to a woman (unless it was a loan in writing that she had to repay every damn cent). i certainly aint father Xmas, and there are NO free rides in my world.

as for men who need a gf at all cost, to each their own misery... but there is nothing wrong with a man investing in his future family
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2017
nelsonebby:

my own brother did the same thing to me.
he got a new iPhone 7 for his girlfriend.
I asked him small cash to repair my infinix
he said he has no money.
this happened last year.

since then I don't ask him for anything again. ever..

Your brother owes you nothing. Absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by DedeNkem: 8:16am On Nov 21, 2017
Womanpleaser:
Male folks, you are all invited to participate in this conversation.

In all ramifications, this negative trend is quite disheartening, alarming.

After God, your family ought to be a priority.

Let me quickly share a true life story:

Jackson took his fiancee to the village for the purpose of introducing the woman he intends to marry to his parent.

She politely rejected the drinking water his parent served her bcoz it was dirty (instead went to the car to get a bottled water).

Later during the day, due to the unhygienic condition of the toilet, she politely refused to use the toilet, instead held urine in her bladder.

His parents said the lady was rude & not a marriage material.

Diz is a lady who is neat, ambitious, humble, intelligent, & responsible.

She was disappointed in her fiance bcoz he is very rich but failed to transform the lives of his poor parents.

She cut off the affair on the basis of his irresponsibility & wickedness.

Many men fall under this category.

You buy Iphone 8 for girlfriend but can't give your parents N50,000.

MEN, WHY

You're a woman that's why you don't know what men go through.
P*ussy costs money while d*ick is free. They can't f*uck their family. LOL.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2017
pocohantas:

This one is bad o.
It's not her fault, it's more of your brother's fault. Though she should also ask and observe you guys welfare, what she does with the answer or observation is what we would use to judge her. Your brother should learn how to balance both sides prior to marriage, to avoid unnecessary hate later. Just do your best for yourself, you'll be fine.

Can you even listen to yourself? Both you and the person you mention are both not serious at all.

I agree the case of parents is understandable. But Your brother owes you nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2017
Benita27:
Most guys are guilty of this. Their mum would ask for N500 and they'll say they don't have. Meanwhile, they've kept N1,000 aside to give to girlfriend.

I'm sure you would want to be "That Girlfriend". Let's not lie to ourselves here.

It is normal that wife's even divert the attention & wealth of their husband on their own families.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by nelsonebby(m): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2017
cruchenutii:

Your brother owes you nothing. Absolutely nothing.
exactly what I told myself.

now I make my own money.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Meklex(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2017
We all know the reason
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by olowobaba10: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2017
IS THAT HOW YOUR PLASTIC AND WOODEN BRAIN WORKS?
MrBrownJay1:
every man has the RIGHT to decide what are his priorities in life, and what is to be done with HIS money. if some prefer to spend on their babes, so be it.... and if others prefer to spend on their family, so be it!
the minute some stranger "thinks" that every man should spend on one over the other, because thats what YOU prefer, is the moment you would have failed in this issue.

at the end of the day, its THEIR money, THEIR life, THEIR choices!
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2017
ITS AN INDIVIDUAL TIN SHA

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by God1000(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2017
grossintel:
Such guys are fools, it doesn't happen with me. I had a problem with my girlfriend over this some time ago simply because I gave my mom money without telling her she picked a fight. That was her worse move ever and nearly caused a break up, I seriously warned her not to get involved with what I give to my parents ever again, and it's none of her business!!!! Na them train me, cloth me, house me and take care of me till I met you, and just because of pussy, you think you can step up your game, rubbish!! I recently sent 100k to momsi before I decided to get her a phone, which I haven't even bought yet. But that warning drew the line clearly, and increased the respect she had for me. I will delete this post later so she doesn't see it, lol.
Please don't delete the post, I just learned something from your comment, I salute you man.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by God1000(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2017
grossintel:
Leave the post man, I salute you for this, you earned my respect, I wish all men are like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? by God1000(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2017
evexx1:
Such guys who do this are usually fools, because if you have to spend for a woman to like you, whenever you stop spending- you would lose value in her eyes. Simple!
Guys, if you wanna know if a woman really loves/likes you- be yourself around her, if she can tolerate you and is cool with your personality? Then you can spend on her, which is a plus- shouldn't be number 1 priority.

That's how I feel
I will take your advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Seen Treasure Ofuya / Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors / Child Abuse And Street Hawking In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.