Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,069 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape - Romance (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape (51499 Views)

Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out / 'Dear Money, Come And Rape Me Mercilessly' - Nigerian Slay Queen. Photos / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by MichaelBlake40: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sagamite:

To be frank, I don't think your analysis differs much from his argument that "women's dressing contributes to rape by bad, wrong kind of men" which I had already deduced was his line.

I think your stronger reaction to that statement compared to mine must be rooted in some polemic history between you two.

That said, you are right this one from him is super nonsense: "And the profile of the victim of a rapist is not all women, they prefer to target certain types of women".
I kinda disagree with you.In most cases a rapist would go after a indecently dressed lady not necessarily because her body iz 'tempting' but because it will be easier to to tear off her clothes.
Take it this way,assuming you were a rapist(you're not o cheesy grin) who konji don hold since,wouldn't you find it easier to attack a sheerly dressed lady?
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
I just ran into an interesting thread on twitter today and this conversation is over already
https://mobile.twitter.com/udala__/status/934371213975195648
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by EfemenaXY: 9:43am On Nov 26, 2017
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where are EfemenaXY, cococandy, bukatyne, NotyourB1tch, Ifyalways, armyofone etc. for me to turn them on. grin cool

They would need to move to Iceland by the time I finish with them. angry

Saga?? shocked shocked shocked

Whoopiee!! My sagalicious sagamite kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Back from the dead...you’ve been missed cheesy

So what’s the story? CSA finally caught up with you? Lol, moving to Iceland is a lot better than wasting time and energy here. Have you seen the content of most brainless topics here? Even the thread titles are such an eyesore.

Anyway good to have you back dear smiley
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2017
Mynd44 & Lalasticlala, who are the people moderating the Romance section.

The stupid autobot banned me for 24 hours yesterday after replying to Tozara and hid my response.

It is annoying one can be banned by an autobot because it thinks "the posts are so brilliant, it cannot come from a human brain, it must be an automated AI programme".

WTF?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 9:52am On Nov 26, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Saga?? shocked shocked shocked

Whoopiee!! My sagalicious sagamite kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Back from the dead...you’ve been missed cheesy

So what’s the story? CSA finally caught up with you? Lol, moving to Iceland is a lot better than wasting time and energy here. Have you seen the content of most brainless topics here? Even the thread titles are such an eyesore.

Anyway good to have you back dear smiley

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Ahh! Baby, they finally got me o.

Child Support Agency (CSA) sent their special forces unit and police to surround my house at 4am in the morning to catch me forthe 25 kids I have been missing payments for. I was on top of a girl and just came when they busted in, so energy no dey to jump out of the window and run, so they caught me.

I have been in Belmarsh prison since then. I was only able to escape when I sweet-talked one of the female guards and boned her in my cell.

Meanwhile, they seized all my assets. cry Including my most expensive one and best thing in my life, the Keke Maruwa I saved hard to buy angry and drive around London. Now na leg I dey leg am for London.

As for forum, since I came in 3 days ago, I have only been able to encourage myself to contribute to 2-3 threads. Everything else is pure retardation!

Apart for people that like my contributions a lot on NL and miss them, I have absolutely NO REGRETS being away. I just feel I owe such people. The forum is the United Retardom!

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Tozara(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Sagamite:
Mynd44 & Lalasticlala, who are the people moderating the Romance section.

The stupid autobot banned me for 24 hours yesterday after replying to Tozara and hid my response.

It is annoying one can be banned by an autobot because it thinks "the posts are so brilliant, it cannot come from a human brain, it must be an automated AI programme".

WTF?

LMAO. grin grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2017
Tozara:

LMAO. grin grin grin

Bruv, you will have to wait till, Farano or Rocktation bother to unhide my post.

I can't be weighed down with typing again. It is quite annoying there is no efficiency in correcting the platforms own error.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2017
Daeylar:

My analysis is saying, in plain terms, that his argument is bullshit and that a woman covered from head to toe, can be raped just like a woman who is stark ñàked
So this attitude of let's try and put some kind of blame on the victim (victim blaming) and make excuses for the rapist(rape apology) by saying if you were better dressed it wouldn't have happened is nothing more than some victim blaming, rape apologist piece of shīt, and is very disrespectful and insulting to victims.

Which is a total antithesis to his whole point.

You are right on your argument but what I read into his argument in not victim blaming, but victims taking caution.

I think he sufficiently berated rapists, so I did not see any rape apologism in his post.

This is why I said maybe there was some previous beef between you 2.

Daeylar:

I think you shouldn't assume that for me to have a strong aversion to bullshit means I must have had an history with the person,
If it was another moniker there, I still would have called it what it was, bullshit.
Rape apology and victim blaming is and forever will be bullshit.

I still think everything is though grin

Sweetheart, I said "I think".

I am not aware of anywhere where "I think" is an "assumption", to the best of my understanding, it is a "suspicion".

"Assumptions" are more conclusive than "Suspicions".
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

I kinda disagree with you.In most cases a rapist would go after a indecently dressed lady not necessarily because her body iz 'tempting' but because it will be easier to to tear off her clothes.

Take it this way,assuming you were a rapist(you're not o cheesy grin) who konji don hold since,wouldn't you find it easier to attack a sheerly dressed lady?

Not true.

Rapists would go after the finest woman they can go for irrespective of how she is dressed.

Whoopi Goldberg dressing indecently is less likely to be raped than Nicole Scherzinger covered up as a Nun.

The rapist would rather work harder to get the Nun outfit off Nicole than the easy Whoopi.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Daeylar(f): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2017
Sagamite:

You are right on your argument but what I read into his argument in not victim blaming, but victims taking caution.

I've made my point. Can't keep this argument going on in circles. smiley

The bolded being the operative word since it's what you read in his argument, it's fine.

I think he sufficiently berated rapists, so I did not see any rape apologism in his post.

He didn't say shīt about rapists, just some few dismissive words here and there while he focused on his what he wanted to do the most, to blame victims.

But If you don't see rape apology in his post. Even after I showed you rape apology all over the post
Cool. smiley

This is why I said maybe there was some previous beef between you 2.

Should I also say there must be some love between you two for you to defend his post.

Sweetheart, I said "I think".

Errr... Darling kiss I know what you said undecided

I am not aware of anywhere where "I think" is an "assumption", to the best of my understanding, it is a "suspicion".

"Assumptions" are more conclusive than "Suspicions".

You shouldn't suspect then.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2017
Daeylar:

I've made my point. Can't keep this argument going on in circles. smiley

The bolded being the operative word since it's what you read in his argument, it's fine.

He didn't say shīt about rapists, just some few dismissive words here and there while he focused on his what he wanted to do the most, to blame victims.

But If you don't see rape apology in his post. Even after I showed you rape apology all over the post
Cool. smiley

Should I also say there must be some love between you two for you to defend his post.

Well, I don't know him, so I don't know what his inclination is.

Daeylar:

Errr... Darling kiss I know what you said undecided

You shouldn't suspect then.

My suspicion was wrong. Fair enough. kiss
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Daeylar(f): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2017
Sagamite:

Well, I don't know him, so I don't know what his inclination is.

My suspicion was wrong. Fair enough. kiss

All right then
Have a great day kiss
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Truckpusher(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2017
Sagamite:

Wetin?
Was thinking you grew up after so many years of self inflicted schizophrenia but here you are trying to sound smart as usual even as you continuously run around with an IQ of a rodent.

Oya bingo !!bark as usual. cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2017
Truckpusher:
Was thinking you grew up after so many years of self inflicted schizophrenia but here you are trying to sound smart as usual even as you continuously run around with an IQ of a rodent.

Oya bingo !!bark as usual. cheesy cool

You mean after all these years, you are still not grateful that I let you realise you are a cretinous fccktard? grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Truckpusher(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2017
Sagamite:

You mean after all these years, you are still not grateful that I let you realise you are a cretinous fccktard? grin
Idiot grin grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 11:10am On Nov 29, 2017
Truckpusher:
Idiot Thank you grin grin grin

You are welcome! cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Truckpusher(m): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2017
Sagamite:

You are welcome! cheesy
grin Deceive ya self by ya self
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by EfemenaXY: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2017
Sagamite:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Ahh! Baby, they finally got me o.

Child Support Agency (CSA) sent their special forces unit and police to surround my house at 4am in the morning to catch me forthe 25 kids I have been missing payments for. I was on top of a girl and just came when they busted in, so energy no dey to jump out of the window and run, so they caught me.

I have been in Belmarsh prison since then. I was only able to escape when I sweet-talked one of the female guards and boned her in my cell.

Meanwhile, they seized all my assets. cry Including my most expensive one and best thing in my life, the Keke Maruwa I saved hard to buy angry and drive around London. Now na leg I dey leg am for London.

As for forum, since I came in 3 days ago, I have only been able to encourage myself to contribute to 2-3 threads. Everything else is pure retardation!

Apart for people that like my contributions a lot on NL and miss them, I have absolutely NO REGRETS being away. I just feel I owe such people. The forum is the United Retardom!

Lol! You’re incorrigible cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by neocortex: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
Sagamite:

This is a prevalent issue taking place in the UK, where stupid c*nt SJWs and Liberals are bastardising the meaning of "harassment" to suit their nonsense anti-men (misandry) activities as usual.

These morons have turned putting a hand on a woman you know's knees as "sexual harassment", but of course if she puts a hand on your knee it is not. Moronic bastards!

Here is the hierarchy of how it should work in the law for your benefit:

1) Rape - The act of non-consensually putting your sex organ in (or on) the 3 sexual orifices (mouth, anus and pussssssy) of someone else.

2) Sexual Assault - The act of non-consensually touching the sex organs and primary attraction tools of someone else.

3) Sexual Harassment - The repeated act of unwanted sexual proposition after the intended target has clearly expresses their lack of interest/annoyance, worse still, if there is a threat of consequences if they don't acquiesce.

4) Inappropriate behaviour - The act of (i) non-consensually touching someone sexually (in parts that are not their sex organs or attraction tools) repeatly, (ii) exposing ones self to another person who you have no prior consensual intimacy with or (iii) talking sexually to a person who is not interested, and who you have no prior consensual intimacy with, in a PROFESSIONAL setting.

5) Unwanted advances - The act of (i) attempting to woo someone by approaching them verbally, (ii) attempting to woo someone by touching them non-aggressively in a non-sexual organ part of their anatomy ONCE or (iii) sexually propositioning someone until the point they express firm lack of interest/annoyance.[/color]

No 1 to 3 should be criminal offences.

For No 4, the naked bit (4ii) should be a light criminal offence while the other 2 should be a caution at best if needed.

No 5 is not a criminal offence and part of life everyone should get used to, otherwise they are free to commit suicide.

Both men and women should be guilty of all if they occur. Not only men as some c*nts would want it to be.

You sound angry.

If you get harassed, would you report?
If you won't report nor complain why should your decision invalidates
the rights of others to tell their story?
Why should anyone adopt your personal standard as the ultimate gospel truth.

If person A states that I hate being touched on my shoulder, you should respect
that and desist. It doesn't matter if you don't see anything wrong with it. It is their
body not yours.

And to your point 5, in no jurisdiction that I am aware of is it considered an harassment,
merely expressing an interest in someone isn't an harassment unless you persist after
being repeatedly warned. What I think you want is that you get applauded for engaging
in number 5, unfortunately, women are not robots and you should expect any reactions,
but if you can't tolerate adverse reactions, I suggest you stop putting yourself in the
firing line.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
sexual harrasment could be verbal or physical. verbal must have strong derogatory language without complimentnts to be harrasment. flirtatious talks with the recipient 18+ enjoying it isn't harrasment.
Physical harrasment has to do with touches! Touches which the recipient wouldn't allow especially one without a romantic relationship with the person touching.
For Rape to exist, there must be forceful penetration without consent (coercive consent inclusive).
A male cannot plea a case of rape against a female directly, but a male can plea a case against a male.
A female can only plea a case of sexual harrasment against a female and not rape directly except in cases of aiding, abetting and complicit roles.

NB: A husband cannot be convicted for rape against his wife under normal circumstances.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Lol! You’re incorrigible cheesy

grin grin grin kiss

Wetin dey happen?

You don quit NL too? grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
neocortex:

You sound angry.

If you get harassed, would you report?
If you won't report nor complain why should your decision invalidates
the rights of others to tell their story?
Why should anyone adopt your personal standard as the ultimate gospel truth.

If person A states that I hate being touched on my shoulder, you should respect
that and desist. It doesn't matter if you don't see anything wrong with it. It is their
body not yours.

And to your point 5, in no jurisdiction that I am aware of is it considered an harassment,
merely expressing an interest in someone isn't an harassment unless you persist after
being repeatedly warned. What I think you want is that you get applauded for engaging
in number 5, unfortunately, women are not robots and you should expect any reactions,
but if you can't tolerate adverse reactions, I suggest you stop putting yourself in the
firing line.

What is your point? If someone does not like to be touched on the shoulder and they are, they have been sexually assaulted?

I am still trying to extract any ounce of sense in everything you said. I am fcking being blunt here.

Helep me!
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
mistel:
sexual harrasment could be verbal or physical. verbal must have strong derogatory language without complimentnts to be harrasment. flirtatious talks with the recipient 18+ enjoying it isn't harrasment.
Physical harrasment has to do with touches! Touches which the recipient wouldn't allow especially one without a romantic relationship with the person touching.
For Rape to exist, there must be forceful penetration without consent (coercive consent inclusive).
A male cannot plea a case of rape against a female directly, but a male can plea a case against a male.
A female can only plea a case of sexual harrasment against a female and not rape directly except in cases of aiding, abetting and complicit roles.

NB: A husband cannot be convicted for rape against his wife under normal circumstances.

I stand to be corrected.

So if I tell a girl: "You have an arse that I would like to splash my nice yoghurt on one day", I have sexually harassed her?
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2017
Sagamite:

So if I tell a girl: "You have an arse that I would like to splash my nice yoghurt on one day", I have sexually harassed her?
that's flirtatious! it becomes harassment when she doesn't like it and you repeat it.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sunmolar(m): 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2017
Mynd44:
Is there a need to call this "men's corner" or other forms of couch group counselling sessions? Lets just gist and talk.

I mentioned "men's corner" because men are the most likely to rape and more than 90% of rape cases have involved men being the aggressor.

From http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rape,

So basically consent right? But is it all about consent?

Imagine a lady comes to visit you and at 1am, you ask her for sex. She turns you down and you threaten to throw her out knowing well that she has nowhere to go at that time and she is also in danger if she does and because of that, she agrees, is that consent?

Imagine the Manager asking one of the receptionists for sex with the receptionist knowing well that she is at risk of losing her job so she agrees. Is that consent?

Your girl visits you, you make those romantic moves but she was not all for it and says no so you "lockup" two hours later, you take her out, buy her drinks and when you are both home, you have sex with her, she probably even took your shirt off for you but is that consent?

You are a civil servant and someone wants a file submitted but you tell her to come see you in the photocopy room first, she agrees but is that consent?

We as men need to do better. We need to drop the bullshit and rise about it.

A girl is walking down the road and you and your friends turn it into a chance to make unsavory noises cos you think they are compliments…but isnt that harassment?

You have convinced yourself that women say no but mean yes. Bruh, dont play that game……no does not and will not mean yes. Even silence does not mean yes. Because she is wet is not even mean consent. What's the worst that can happen if you dont have sex when turned on?

Can we discuss this more? Lets be better for our women and maybe the world will be a lil bit better

why should a lady visit me by 1a.m. if she's not ready for temptation?
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 5:51am On Dec 13, 2017
Sunmolar:

why should a lady visit me by 1a.m. if she's not ready for temptation?
dont ask them that question. they will accuse u of victim blaming.
its like leaving your house unlocked at night then after getting robbed the Police blame the thief only. if anyone asks "but why did that guy leave his house unlocked?" that someone gets accussed of blaming the victim. the Victim is always perfect.
leave your car at the Mall unlocked and it gets broken into: never blame the victim.
leave your phone unattended in a public place and it gets stolen: never blame the victim.
teach thieves not to steal grin
i personally dont mind.coz all these women acting like sense is victim-blaming all will get raped and get aids and die. good riddance. stupidity kills. thee rapist will go to jail but an early grave awaits u.
when u delegate your thinking duties to a government that tells u only what u want to hear u are the one who will die.
grin u think Politicians walk alone at 1am? those basterds have bodyguards 24/7 while they tell u walk alone at night coz its a robber's duty to respect human life.
and we laugh when sh!t happens to u. sow stupidity, reap accordingly.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sunmolar(m): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2017
ubunja:

dont ask them that question. they will accuse u of victim blaming.
its like leaving your house unlocked at night then after getting robbed the Police blame the thief only. if anyone asks "but why did that guy leave his house unlocked?" that someone gets accussed of blaming the victim. the Victim is always perfect.
leave your car at the Mall unlocked and it gets broken into: never blame the victim.
leave your phone unattended in a public place and it gets stolen: never blame the victim.
teach thieves not to steal grin
i personally dont mind.coz all these women acting like sense is victim-blaming all will get raped and get aids and die. good riddance. stupidity kills. thee rapist will go to jail but an early grave awaits u.
when u delegate your thinking duties to a government that tells u only what u want to hear u are the one who will die.
grin u think Politicians walk alone at 1am? those basterds have bodyguards 24/7 while they tell u walk alone at night coz its a robber's duty to respect human life.
and we laugh when sh!t happens to u. sow stupidity, reap accordingly.

grin grin grin grin
it's like you've been preyed on as result of your sarcacity, deprivity, & carelessness.
Your response so voluminous but not a best seller
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2017
Sunmolar:

it's like you've been preyed on as result of your sarcacity, deprivity, & carelessness.
Your response so voluminous but not a best seller
cry cry cry cry
but i wanted it to be a best seller.
grin grin grin grin
u get my point thou. atleast u bought i
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sunmolar(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2017
ubunja:

cry cry cry cry
but i wanted it to be a best seller.
grin grin grin grin
u get my point thou. atleast u bought i
But you didn't get mine before you started writing that unnecessary & imaginary piece of a story/fiction.
I think been a poet will be better of you if you don't know what do with your skill.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 8:36am On Dec 13, 2017
Sunmolar:

But you didn't get mine before you started writing that unnecessary & imaginary piece of a story/fiction.
I think been a poet will be better of you if you don't know what do with your skill.
grin grin grin grin u got an over-inflated sense of yourself grin

crown yourself King Of Nairaland whose views of people are the only ones that matter grin grin

suck my hairy d!ck.
n!ggar cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sunmolar(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2017
ubunja:

grin grin grin grin u got an over-inflated sense of yourself grin

crown yourself King Of Nairaland whose views of people are the only ones that matter grin grin

suck my hairy d!ck.
n!ggar cheesy
I gave my opinion on this topic/thread because it was shared with me. But you I don't know how you got to this topic. sorry you missed
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2017
Sunmolar:

I gave my opinion on this topic/thread because it was shared with me. But you I don't know how you got to this topic. sorry you missed
grin
what are u even saying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Kenny Brandmuse Weds His Gay Boyfriend In U.S (Wedding Photos) / Man Marries Two Wives Same Day In Cross River (Photos) / Lady Asked Man To Pay Her N40k For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.