Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,442 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape (51496 Views)

Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out / 'Dear Money, Come And Rape Me Mercilessly' - Nigerian Slay Queen. Photos / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by miqos02(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2017
ok
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by kay29000(m): 10:46am On Nov 22, 2017
It is a very complicated topic. Let me share my experience. I went to see a girl... It was already set in our minds that we were going to have sex. So, when I got there, we started off immediately. After a few seconds, she asked me to stop and begged me to leave. I was vexed, and I left. She called me on the phone and apologized, saying she was doing something like that for the first time, and felt somehow. But she then said I should have tried to maybe play with her/smooch her a little, maybe she would have gotten in the mood.

So, a few days later, she called again. And I specifically told her I ain't down for bullshiit. Hope you are sure this is what you want this time? She said yes. So, I went to her apartment again. She always turns the light off before I enter. She was already naked when I entered, and I started off with the position she said was her favorite (doggy), and then, after two minutes she asks me to stop again. So I remembered what she told me on the phone, and I slowed down and tried to smooch her boobs, that's how the girl said, "I'll shout rape o! I told you to stop." I jejeli stopped, wore my clothes, left her house and told her via a message I didn't want to have anything to do with her again.

Women are really complicated.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by zainmaxwell(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2017
Oyindidi:
My brother, some people can pretend for Africa.
but not for long it shows but most people are too blind to see
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2017
why dont we all stop having sex with each other and m@sturbate? grin grin grin since noone is prepared to discuss this topic rationally grin grin
IF YOU ARE A MAN AND U LOVE YOUR FREEDOM STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM VAGINA AS POSSIBLE grin grin
p0rn Money Weed cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2017
ubunja:
why dont we all stop having sex with each other and m@sturbate? grin grin grin since noone is prepared to discuss this topic rationally grin grin
IF YOU ARE A MAN AND U LOVE YOUR FREEDOM STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM VAGINA AS POSSIBLE grin grin
p0rn Money Weed cheesy cheesy
What is rational to you?

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by uk10(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2017
Bravo another topic to show that men are rapists as usual,no one talks about the women that molest small children or the female bosses that will demand sex from male workers,but all we talk about is how men rape women

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by webngnews: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2017
Oh
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by sharpwriter(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2017
Jupxter:

This is sad Oyindidi

The worst case of rape I've heard of is from a housewife. The husband will command her to go lie down and with tears in her eyes he'll do his thing. She told me last week that she was felt like killing that moment.

If only men can understand that sex is a two way thing. It's to be pleased, and to please. Women should marry men with understanding. This trend will continue to stick around for a long time.

My take on alleviating rape is raise up good sons, ladies stop complaining men this, men that, every man was once a boy, no one dropped from heaven. If we want a society with good men, then we should raise up good sons.

Also, if we raise up good sons with the mindset of i'm doing this for the future, so some other persons will raise up good sons for my daughter, we will have a society saturated with good people all across. If we have a society that is proliferated with terrible people, then we are beneficiaries of our negligence.

It's easy to see girls fantasize about marrying the perfect guy, but it's difficult to see the same ladies take about " grooming ".

Perhaps responsibility is the key ! People hate to take responsibilities. So till we do all of these, let's not blame the male folk, nor the female folk for rapes, let's all blame our negligence.

Peace

Good
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2017
Its funny how every topic about rape or sexual harassment is usually tilted to one side.......
Men are getting sexually assaulted everyday, when I talk about it, they say "woman dey give you free groove, you dey dull"..
Its different standards for both genders...

8 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2017
uk10:
Bravo another topic to show that men are rapists as usual,no one talks about the women that molest small children or the female bosses that will demand sex from male workers,but all we talk about is how men rape women
What stops you from starting one about women?

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

What is rational to you?
well your defination of rape was crippled from the start:
U MENTIONED RAPE AS UNWANTED PENETRATION.
and from the first step the gender that actually has an organ that can penetrate is automatically placed on the negative side.
yet a very good number of guys will tell u they lost their virginitty around 9,10,11,12 to the "aunties" who worked as maids at home.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2017
Men's corner....undecided

I am confused what do you want us to discuss? That we are prospective rapists?

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by uk10(m): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

we have but the government never takes it seriously,including u feminist that supposed to fight for equality

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

We should be talking about sexual harrasment and rape in general, not, about a particular gender... One Popular Feminist I know told me it was impossible for a man to get raped because he got an erection.... To her, an erection, equals consent....
Imagine....

10 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2017
ubunja:

well your defination of rape was crippled from the start:
U MENTIONED RAPE AS UNWANTED PENETRATION.
and from the first step the gender that actually has an organ that can penetrate is automatically placed on the negative side.
yet a very good number of guys will tell u they lost their virginitty around 9,10,11,12 to the "aunties" who worked as maids at home.
Wrong. It says rape is unwanted sexual intercourse OR penetration.

Notice the key word "OR"
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ouigy99(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:
Is there a need to call this "men's corner" or other forms of couch group counselling sessions? Lets just gist and talk.

I mentioned "men's corner" because men are the most likely to rape and more than 90% of rape cases have involved men being the aggressor.

From http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rape,

So basically consent right? But is it all about consent?

Imagine a lady comes to visit you and at 1am, you ask her for sex. She turns you down and you threaten to throw her out knowing well that she has nowhere to go at that time and she is also in danger if she does and because of that, she agrees, is that consent?

Imagine the Manager asking one of the receptionists for sex with the receptionist knowing well that she is at risk of losing her job so she agrees. Is that consent?

Your girl visits you, you make those romantic moves but she was not all for it and says no so you "lockup" two hours later, you take her out, buy her drinks and when you are both home, you have sex with her, she probably even took your shirt off for you but is that consent?

You are a civil servant and someone wants a file submitted but you tell her to come see you in the photocopy room first, she agrees but is that consent?

We as men need to do better. We need to drop the bullshit and rise about it.

A girl is walking down the road and you and your friends turn it into a chance to make unsavory noises cos you think they are compliments…but isnt that harassment?

You have convinced yourself that women say no but mean yes. Bruh, dont play that game……no does not and will not mean yes. Even silence does not mean yes. Because she is wet is not even mean consent. What's the worst that can happen if you dont have sex when turned on?

Can we discuss this more? Lets be better for our women and maybe the world will be a lil bit better
@OP, based on what you have stated.... Girls are the ones most guilty of the act. You woo a girl, after some weeks of dating and it's time to have sex, that's when she remembers she hasn't paid her school fees, he needs to make her hair, her mother is sick, the following week is her birthday, her phone got spoilt the previous night; as guy man her Don stand and all him brain Don focus on "drilling the well" in front of him, he has no other option than to promise to take care of those things for her, else she will say "I am not in the mood again", leaving the guy blue balled

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by uk10(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2017
closerange:

We should be talking about sexual harrasment and rape in general, not, about a particular gender... One Popular Feminist I know told me it was impossible for a man to get raped because he got an erection.... To her, an erection, equals consent....
Imagine....
can u imagine so because there is erection it means u have given consent, the hypocrisy of these feminist

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 11:05am On Nov 22, 2017
Blackfyre:

Can we say it is wrong to call all men potential rapists when we men question what women wear based on assault? We say a woman wears a skimpy top hence she asks for it or tempts the man.

We say why are women outside after a certain hour cos we know it is not safe.......isn't that implying that no woman is safe?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Cladez(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

What do you gain from starting one against men?

7 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by obowunmi(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2017
If you lie to a woman to have sex with her, you are a RAPIST.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2017
ouigy99:
@OP, based on what you have stated.... Girls are the ones most guilty of the act. You woo a girl, after some weeks of dating and it's time to have sex, that's when she remembers she hasn't paid her school fees, he needs to make her hair, her mother is sick, the following week is her birthday, her phone got spoilt the previous night; as guy man her Don stand and all him brain Don focus on "drilling the well" in front of him, he has no other option than to promise to take care of those things for her, else she will say "I am not in the mood again", leaving the guy blue balled
But why should you because you gave a gift think you are entitled to sex? Why no say you can't give?

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2017
Cladez:
What do you gain from starting one against men?
Better and safer lives for women

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ubunja(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

Wrong. It says rape is unwanted sexual intercourse OR penetration.

Notice the key word "OR"
ditch "PENETRATION" it will make it asexual and outside gender.as long as penetration is there u making only men rapists.
just say :rape is unwanted sexual intercourse.
short, sweet and no gender prejudiced

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nymeria247(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2017
This is a very sensitive topic. There is actually a very thin line between consent, harassment and heavy petting; especially if the parties are not MARRIED. As men, I advise that we should be very careful in our indoor dealings with the opposite sex as not every no means yes....Imagine how helpless and disgusted you'll feel if you are held down through sheer brute force and your privates poked and fondled by someone you trusted or by strangers? No means no and it carries a very huge sentence and a lifetime stigma.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Afritop(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2017
Women are the greatest rapist.
A catwalking woman that dresses in a sexually destructive manner in a see through dress and denge pose in front a sexually frustrated mad man and thinks nothing will happen is a rapist

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

True. But the Lagos state domestic violence law of 2017 touches some parts of it.

Look it up

Stop trying to please women on the forum as you have become famous for. The reality stands, it is wrong to force a wife into sex, it is also bad for a woman to withold sex from her husband ( in some context ), if they both appear before a hearing and the man lies and claims she was punishing him, or refuses to talk and says it's a family issue, will the court kill them? Cases are not prosecuted without clear evidences and since it's a case of one person's word against the other, it's not an easy case to settle.

Moreso, no wife will like to take her husband to court for such flimsy reasons, people don't go to such extent to fight their interests and come back as friends.

As a minister of God, one of the two things God has trained me through my growing years to avoid is judging " marital cases ". I don't believe in rape in marriage, and i don't believe in interfering in marriages. WHY? Two people met themselves and agreed to be together, discussed the terms of engagement, only both of them can fix issues between them. Before a woman will withhold sex from a man, they is strain in the relationship that wasn't addressed, they didn't just get there in a day.

If people want healthy marriages, they should cultivate it.Rape is an after effect of an unhealthy marriage. So rather than dealing with after effects, why not fix the main issue?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 22, 2017
Blackfyre:

Bro you don burst my head grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

Can we say it is wrong to call all men potential rapists when we men question what women wear based on assault? We say a woman wears a skimpy top hence she asks for it or tempts the man.

We say why are women outside after a certain hour cos we know it is not safe.......isn't that implying that no woman is safe?

You're sounding like a woman pleaser. The desire to keep many female friends on the forum has alleviated your objectivity in how you debate issues.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Khayge: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2017
The thread is a good one.
If you want to verify consent, ask your girlfriend when she's in her right senses of she'd like to have sex with you. She'd probably say NO. When she's Hot, ask her the same question.
We as guys of this generation should try as much as possible to put our urges under leash.
For those that have partners, try to understand your partners... Someone said sex is a 2 way thing.. True, most importantly, the lady's satisfaction should be your utmost desire. You can satisfy her even without sex.

The bottom line is, when she's warmed up, Hot and all in the mood, don't trust her judgement. That's where she needs you as the guy to make the right decision to protect her in spite of how high your adrenaline or testosterone is leading.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by ibkayee(f): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2017
I love me some Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2017
Afritop:
Women are the greatest rapist.
A catwalking woman that dresses in a sexually destructive manner in a see through dress and denge pose in front a sexually frustrated mad man and thinks nothing will happen is a rapist
This is wrong on all levels. Is she responsible for his sexual frustration?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 11:26am On Nov 22, 2017
Jupxter:

You're sounding like a woman pleaser. The desire to keep many female friends on the forum has alleviated your objectivity in how you debate issues.
Desire to keep female friends? How about the desire to protect women? Thought of that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Kenny Brandmuse Weds His Gay Boyfriend In U.S (Wedding Photos) / Pretty Nigerian Lady Disproves Okafor's Law At NYSC Camp (photo) / Man Marries Two Wives Same Day In Cross River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.