Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (270926 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by sathob(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
bularuz:

Pls house, how do i watch what I have recorded from my strong decoder 4669z(.trp files) on my computer.

Insert the device on which the recording was done in the usb port provided. After STB sending message of recognizing your device, press the play button on your remote control, the content of the recording device will be displayed on your screen. navigate to the folder containing your recordings, select your rec'ded file and press the play button.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by sathob(m): 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
Newtonn:

Hi guys,
someone should help me with pictures on how satellite decoders can be connected to pc or laptop with the help of RS-232 CABLE, seperate pictures of the RS-232, including with end to end of the RS-232 CABLE.
Thkq

For the letters in bold refer to this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-152871.0.html
for the pictures

Just connect one end of the cable to the 9 pin port behind your receiver and the other end of the cable to the same 9 pin serial port at the back of your PC.

If it's laptop, then you need a serial (9 -pin) to USB cable since most laptops do not have this 9 pin you have for the STB or desktop computer.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by nearest(m): 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
sathob:

For the letters in bold refer to this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-152871.0.html
for the pictures

Just connect one end of the cable to the 9 pin port behind your receiver and the other end of the cable to the same 9 pin serial port at the back of your PC.

If it's laptop, then you need a serial (9 -pin) to USB cable since most laptops do not have this 9 pin you have for the STB or desktop computer.
Is the bold part above available in nigeria?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bularuz(m): 1:06am On Aug 03, 2011
@ sathob; I meant watching the recording on a computer system
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Wiserfool: 7:03am On Aug 03, 2011
@Bularuz
Find a video converter that can read the .trp file and then convert it to a format that your system can handle. Try Aiseesoft Total Media Converter. It's not freeware but you can google around for one with serial or activator.
(This reply was sent to me via text by Pidzo who says he can't log in himself as of now. Any questions ask him) wink wink
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by microgint: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
use GOM Media player its free. Check online
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by sathob(m): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2011
@bularuz
sorry, i didn't understand ur request. micro has answered you right, it's the solution i know.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by akakaroro(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2011
Pls,is there any software for strong that make dstv card to show s sports channels
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by hisoccer(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
akakaroro:

Pls,is there any software for strong that make dstv card to show s sports channels
no swoftware for now, try and relax it will come up i bet u just be patience thanks.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ekkywolex(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
@All
Pls gurus in the house I need your assistance, I bought a brand new SRT 4669XII two days back, I installed it yesterday the receiver is working as per showing Video(picture) and Audio is okay, but the problem am having with it is that changing from one satellite to another.
I am using two dish (1.8m for nilesat and 90cm for MultiTv) which are both fixed, i connect the two dishes using 1/4 output/input Disecq I committed the two LNB(both KU) to the appropriate pot of the disecq perfectly, but the problem is that when ever am watching a channel on nilesat if I move (change) to a channel on multiTV I will get 'No or Bad signal' respond from that multiTv channel until I use the remote control and switch OFF and ON the receiver before picture will come out, If i move back to the nilesat the same thing will happen until i repeat the above procedure. In order to confirm that my disecq and disecq setting is okay I used my neighbours receiver (SRT 4663) to test and the disecq is okay because all the channel are responding the way they suppose to work. Pls can any one help me with the solution or suggestion on how to over come this problem?.
thnx
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by mjay(m): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2011
Update your firmware
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
ekkywolex:

@All
Pls gurus in the house I need your assistance, I bought a brand new SRT 4669XII two days back, I installed it yesterday the receiver is working as per showing Video(picture) and Audio is okay, but the problem am having with it is that changing from one satellite to another.
I am using two dish (1.8m for nilesat and 90cm for MultiTv) which are both fixed, i connect the two dishes using 1/4 output/input Disecq I committed the two LNB(both KU) to the appropriate pot of the disecq perfectly, but the problem is that when ever am watching a channel on nilesat if I move (change) to a channel on multiTV I will get 'No or Bad signal' respond from that multiTv channel until I use the remote control and switch OFF and ON the receiver before picture will come out, If i move back to the nilesat the same thing will happen until i repeat the above procedure. In order to confirm that my disecq and disecq setting is okay I used my neighbours receiver (SRT 4663) to test and the disecq is okay because all the channel are responding the way they suppose to work. Pls can any one help me with the solution or suggestion on how to over come this problem?.
thnx

assign appropriate diseqc1.0& diseqc1.1 to d chosen satelliteshe problem is that when ever am watching a channel on nilesat if I move (change) to a channel on multiTV I will get 'No or Bad signal' respond from that multiTv channel until I use the remote control and switch OFF and ON the receiver before picture will come out, If i move back to the nilesat the same thing will happen until i repeat the above procedure. In order to confirm that my disecq and disecq setting is okay I used my neighbours receiver (SRT 4663) to test and the disecq is okay because all the channel are responding the way they suppose to work. Pls can any one help me with the solution or suggestion on how to over come this problem?.
thnx
[quote][/quote]

assign appropriate diseqc1.0& diseqc1.1 to d chosen satellites
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ekkywolex(m): 1:03am On Aug 25, 2011
thanks am working on it now
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by thuao(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2011
Pls anytime PHCN take off the & I on my 4669X decoder the time & il not be correct it ill return to sept 2009, I av to reset it again time after time. If I off it my as in pressing standby b4 switching it off I av to w8t for abt 10-30mins for the time & date to correct itself atimes it doesn't and I il av to correct it myself.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by kobyMonsta: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
to watch a video you have recorded from your strong decoder follow these simple steps
1.Download and install xilisoft video converter ultimate 6( get it here http://safelinking.net/p/dec4228a6b)
2.add the .trp file in xilisoft converter and convert to desired video file format
3. Enjoy
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by TOWNJUJU: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2011
thuao:

Pls anytime PHCN take off the & I on my 4669X decoder the time & il not be correct it ill return to sept 2009, I av to reset it again time after time. If I off it my as in pressing standby b4 switching it off I av to w8t for abt 10-30mins for the time & date to correct itself atimes it doesn't and I il av to correct it myself.
do a factory reset of d stb and u'll be fine.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 5:04am On Sep 06, 2011
@All, thunder track my strong 4663x &4669x decoder yesterday pls asist me, my 4663 & 4669 av disame fault, if i on the enginee it w display 8888 atimes ----, no picture no sound no anytin except 8888 and ---- on d light board i dont av anytin 2 watch now pls pls pls asist ooo.fta. ,
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 5:05am On Sep 06, 2011
@All, thunder track my strong 4663x &4669x decoder yesterday pls asist me, my 4663 & 4669 av disame fault, if i on the enginee it w display 8888 atimes ----, no picture no sound no anytin except 8888 and ---- on d light board i dont av anytin 2 watch now pls pls pls asist ooo.fta . .
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by dmote(m): 9:16am On Sep 07, 2011
@all the new software is available today for strong srt4663X.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by saintchyco: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2011
what does this new software doooooooo
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by saintchyco: 11:01am On Sep 07, 2011
dmote:

@all the new software is available today for strong srt4663X.

what does this new software doooooooo
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ultrasat(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2011
@dmote
kindly give us the site to download the software or drop the software here. Thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ultrasat(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2011
Is it the software that will make dstv card work on strong receiver, please kindly give us the site to
download the software or
drop the software here.
Thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by tdalyn: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2011
guy i upgraded a fake 4663x and its now sleeping , how do i wake it again
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by ANDYERE(m): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] cheesy It happened 2 me too! what i did! i, tooked it 2 srong engr where what they called spider on of the panel board was replace.and it started working.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2011
@all, thunder track my srt4669x &4663 decoder a week ago pls any solution 4 dis, no picture then no sound alway display 8888 atimes ---- on d light board.pls my broda asist me,2decoder at1
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2011
@all, thunder track my srt4669x &4663 decoder a week ago pls any solution 4 dis, no picture then no sound alway display 8888 atimes ---- on d light board.pls my broda asist me,2decoder at1
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by dmote(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2011
Femwal:

there is noting u can do about it or you should go and buy new board at alaba which is very cheap die.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2011
@all,pls how much 4 srt4669 board &4663 panel @any shop pls asist me or mail me@ Willymager@yahoo.com.thank
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
@all,pls how much 4 srt4669 board &4663 board @any shop pls asist me or mail me@ Willymager@yahoo.com.thank fta
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by bimexb: 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
what you should do is to search and click on the factory setting to return it back to the original factory setting,good luck
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Femwal: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2011
@bimex, i said no picture no sound

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.