Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Strong Receivers Thread - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Receivers Thread (271198 Views)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Redline Satellite Receivers / High Definition Receivers(hd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Hotwire(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2010
Lov4sat,
Better take your box to My TV Office. They will replace the sensor with minimal charge.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hotwire,
Please do you have any idea of where their office is in Port Harcourt? your urgent response will a lot good
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
Gurus in the house,

Please I want to remove the mytv logo my SRT 4669x displays when it starts up how do I go about this?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
@owokasib
@hotwire

check ur mail 4 d software.

GOODLUCK
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
@LOV4SAT

SAME GOES FOR ME. READ IN THE THREAD THAT OWOKASIB DID IT WITH SRT4669ME_7111_ALL_109p_20100702 UPDATE BUT HIS STB HAS DISCOLOURATION PROBLEM.

PLSSSSSSSSSS ANY SOLUTION IN THE HOUSE?
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by owokasib: 7:45am On Aug 11, 2010
Mr 2legit2qt, Consequent upon updating my receiver with the update you sent me, my receiver have stopped booting. This na from frying pan to fire. After all, I was able to manage the discoloration, now there is nothing to see.

Abeg make u helep me ooooo.

I don't really like going to technicians except it is the last resort.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by marcus1234: 7:47am On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Hotwire(m): 8:15am On Aug 11, 2010
owokasib:

Mr 2legit2qt, Consequent upon updating my receiver with the update you sent me, my receiver have stopped booting. This na from frying pan to fire. After all, I was able to manage the discoloration, now there is nothing to see.

Abeg make u helep me ooooo.

I don't really like going to technicians except it is the last resort.

@Owokasib,
You are really in deep Sh*t. Gurus like Enitan2002, Twinstaiye, George, Olofofo, sammu etc have always advised against updating without strong reason. I have heeded their advice. Dont worry help will come your way from this Thread.
Check whether you can transfer software from the same working model of the receiver to your own.

@To All
Let us help our brother with a workable solution.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by owokasib: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
I really don't get what you are trying to tell me. The issue is that the receiver is attempting to boot and then restart the boot process again and on and on without anything displaying on the screen. You may say what you are trying to say in clear terms please.

A process to revert the error and make the receiver system boot normally is desirable.

Thanks.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by twinskenny(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2010
@all

You should be very very careful when upgrading your decoder this may damage the decoder beyond repair.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by owokasib: 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Twins

Thank you.

I used the cross cable and my PC to restore the receiver back to S/W Version 1.07 (Nov. 27, 2009) but I desire to have the good 1.09. Hope you'll send it to me on owokasib@hotmail.com.

Regards.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2010
@owokasib

Sorry 4 d unsuccessful attempt but am glad that u're able 2 resolve it. STBs have ways of behaving cos like i said mine didnt even accept d 109ME Patch it keeps saying "wrong file" but my neighbour that i gave the 107p MyTV Software to use on his Decoder, it accepted it straight away. I guess the reason must be from the version, the version i gave you is 107p Dec 8 2009 WHILE yours is 107 Nov 27 2009. All the same am glad u got d solution.

@twins
i'll b glad if u can also send the good 1.09p 2 me via olakunlekan@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
@owokasib
pls check ur mail
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
@twins
@owokasib

Pls kindly enlightened me further on the use of the Null Modem cos av been trying to use mine since but no success. It seems the PC is not seeing the receiver. I tried it by putting on the receiver to the STANDBY MODE nothing happen, i tried again but this time i actually put the decoder in the ON MODE (i.e where it actually shows channel number) yet nothing happen. Can it be the loader cos am using the loader from the strong tech website. Also my PC only have 1 com port so i pick COM 1 in the setup procedure and with all these no file was transfered. Presently, am using my FLASH DRIVE to upload to the decoder but i'll be glad if i can have a solution to the usage of the NULL MODEM connection cos i literaly pass thru hell to purchase it.

@owokasib
check your mail for the Q&A
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2010
@twinskenny

Oga kenny, how far is it true, can some of the upgrades (software/firmware/patches) actually open some encrypted channels?

If one is watching FTAs do 1 needs to upgrade? if so, what are the advantages?

Thanks.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2010
@ all.

In using the rs232 cable to transfer firmware to my decoder. Will the LNB still has to be attached to the decoder? Also, the decoder suppose to be ON, which STATE of ON should it be, STANDBY or FINAL ON?

INFO URGENTLY NEEDED.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by owokasib: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2010
@2legit

Read this completely before proceeding

Boot your PC
Connect your Receiver to power source
Connect cable to both PC and Receiver
Run SRTxxxx.exe from your PC, click the browse tab on the program and select SRTxxxx.stb
Click the connect tab on the program
Turn your Receiver on
Your PC will connect to the Receiver and start the upgrade from 1% on both PC and Receiver
When your Receiver returns to 0000, the upgrade is finished.

Please note that you will not loose your configuration or set channels as a result of the upgrade.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by owokasib: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2010
@2legit

You only need to connect your Receiver to power and not necessarily anything else (LNB or TV) except the cross cable.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2010
@all

2nite at 11.10pm Naija time. After much trial on how to use the rs232 cable i finally figured it out and i upload my STRONG SRT4669X with SRT4669ME_7111_ALL_109p_20100702 software. It loaded successfully and it removed the MyTV start-up screen and above all there was no discolouration problem.

@twinskenny

My rs232 cable has diifferent configuration from the one posted on NL by Baba Egun. It took me lots of effort to finally figured out that my Pin 5 is not GREEN but rather it is YELLOW. This is the colour combination:

PIN 1-------BLACK PIN2------BROWN PIN 2------RED PIN4------ORANGE
PIN 5-------YELLOW PIN 6------GREEN PIN 7------BLUE PIN 8------PURPLE and
PIN 9------ASH.

So, my connection is:

PIN 2 (BROWN)-- to -- PIN 3 (RED)
PIN 3 (RED)-- to -- PIN 2 (BROWN)
PIN 5 (YELLOW) --to -- PIN 5 (YELLOW)
UNCLOTHED --to-- UNCLOTHED.

The MyTV start-up screen that was removed was replaced with STRONG, not just by name Start-up screen. My S/W VERSION now reads: 109p July 2 2010.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2010
@owokasib

Thanks but it came after av given it a try. But one thing keeps bothering me though and its that i always get my solution different from other nairalanders. First, it was my LNB connection with ASTR2B, second the colour combination of my RS232 Cable and now the uploading of the software. It didn't work for me untill i connect the LNB to the reciever before the Loader start uploading. Anyway, Thanks.

Guess you've read my post about the result of the ME109p. How lucky i am.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2010
@2legit2qt

Please forward this software to my email reyanjay@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2010
Lov4sat:

@2legit2qt

thanks

i will also need the software . . .

wallydon77@gmial.com
thanks
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2010
Lov4sat:

@2legit2qt

thanks

@2legit2qt

Please confirm to the house if you reconfigured your rs232 cable after buying it cos I have one which I bought from overseas and each time I connect my computer to my STR 4669X with it the computer does not see the decoder not to mention updating it.

if there is any configuration process please let me know thanks a million
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ LOVE4SAT
i believe that is what he said in a previous post on this same page.
see below

My rs232 cable has diifferent configuration from the one posted on NL by Baba Egun. It took me lots of effort to finally figured out that my Pin 5 is not GREEN but rather it is YELLOW. This is the colour combination:

PIN 1-------BLACK PIN2------BROWN PIN 2(i think he meant 3)------RED PIN4------ORANGE
PIN 5-------YELLOW PIN 6------GREEN PIN 7------BLUE PIN 8------PURPLE and
PIN 9------ASH.

So, my connection is:

i kind of believe you as per the ready made one not conforming to standard.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by twinskenny(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2010
srt 69x 12k

beep me on 08051355133
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by freshp(m): 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
twinskenny:

srt 69x 12k

beep me on 08051355133

Oga Twins i hope say you no be dealer o. . . grin grin grin just Kidding anyway.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
kenny,

Consider me ooo, call me, and na installmental payment i go do oooo
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by twinskenny(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
Bros, dat money na for something ooo kojaleti.lol
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by Lov4sat(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2010
2legit2qt:

@all

2nite at 11.10pm Naija time. After much trial on how to use the rs232 cable i finally figured it out and i upload my STRONG SRT4669X with SRT4669ME_7111_ALL_109p_20100702 software. It loaded successfully and it removed the MyTV start-up screen and above all there was no discolouration problem.

@twinskenny

PIN 1-------BLACK     PIN2------BROWN      PIN 2------RED      PIN4------ORANGE
PIN 5-------YELLOW      PIN 6------GREEN      PIN 7------BLUE      PIN 8------PURPLE and
PIN 9------ASH.

So, my connection is:

The MyTV start-up screen that was removed was replaced with STRONG, not just by name Start-up screen. My S/W VERSION now reads: 109p July 2 2010.

@legit2qt

I beg help me with the configuration diagram for your rs232 cable cos since I bought mine from oversea I have not been able to make use of it for once. It will do a lot good if you can post it here for others to learn from.
Thanks grin
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2010
@all

pls am very sorry 4 my not been around 4 some days y'all know waz up in naija, work men, work.

@lov4sat
@freshp
pls chk your respective mails 4 d software.

@lov4sat
Lov4sat:

@legit2qt

I beg help me with the configuration diagram for your rs232 cable cos since I bought mine from oversea I have not been able to make use of it for once. It will do a lot good if you can post it here for others to learn from.
Thanks grin

just like i said in my previous post, i didn't do anything special. All i did was to cut the cable in2 2 equal halves and join the pins as discuss in previous thread in NL by baba_egun which was re-posted in Nairaland FTA reference Library by twinstaiye. But it didn't work, so i use a multimeter to do the testing (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-152871.0.html#msg3466408). It was in this process that i realised that my rs232 cable has different colour combination as i expected so, i made the switch, and bingo it worked like magic. In the post the connection for pin 5 to pin 5 which is green colour but in my own rs232 cable pin 5 is yellow and not green. So i made the switch and it worked.

But to tidy up the other pins and make it neater i went ahead to connect the other pins to make up what we called NULL MODEM WITH FULL HANDSHAKE (Though you only need the four pins as discuss earlier to make it work). check (http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_null_modem.html).

If you take your time and do it patiently you'll get it right at first trial. I guess you know that your DECODER has to be connected to the LNB, cos i didn't know and i have to carry it to where my PC is after several trial trials i later learnt from another source that it has to be connected to the LNB. Also, i tried several times uploading the same software with my FLASH DISK but my 9x says wrong file and it didtn't accept it not until, u know the rest

GOOD LUCK.
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2010
@freshp

wallydon77@gmial.com OR wallydon77@gmail.com
Re: Strong Receivers Thread by 2legit2qt(m): 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2010
@freshp
@lov4sat

Please, my gmail account didn't upload the file fast enough b4 my time runs out. I'll re-send the software tommorrow. Please, kindly accept my apology.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.