Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Canada federal skilled workersProgram, - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada federal skilled workersProgram, (26354 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2010
ajison3:

Thank u flesh medic , so where in novo scotia are we sending the documents

Place all your documents and application forms in a sealed envelope and mail them to

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centraized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P0A9
Canada

or by courier address:
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centraized Intake Office
196 George Street
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
@ Any body that can help with these questions:

1. Can one realy get his money back if the Application is rejected?
2. Is it compulsory that all family memebers (wether acompanying or not) must have a pasport? because their passport number is required in the form
3. I also learnt that there is a certain amount that some one must have in his/her account (which is more than a million naira) b4 travelling.
4. Is English language our first Language? If not, i learnt that one must take an exam to prove his proficiency in english language

Pls i will realy appreciate if anyone can help provide answers to the above questions. thanks
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
i also taught that one must take the English exam but when i called 3 people that are in Canada they said u dont need it , that since u speak English all u need is a letter ,its still confusing to me sha. house abeg intervene
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2010
ajison3:

i also taught that one must take  the English exam but when i called 3 people that are in Canada they said u dont need it , that since u speak English all u need is a letter ,its still confusing to me sha. house abeg intervene

You need to take the IELTS test, forget that letter issue, I have done the Federal Skilled thing and they asked that I should take the test, I took the bloody thing o. Kai the Federal Skilled thing showed me sha, but, I have overcome.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2010
@ hercules07,

pls can you help provide answers to my queries above since you have passed through the sam process and overcome. the one i'm more concern about is the Number 2 and 3 question

2. Is it compulsory that all family memebers (wether acompanying or not) must have a pasport? because their passport number is required in the form
3. I also learnt that there is a certain amount that some one must have in his/her account (which is more than a million naira) b4 travelling.

pls your urgent reply will be appreceiated.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2010
koolkamzzy:

@ hercules07,

pls can you help provide answers to my queries above since you have passed through the sam process and overcome. the one i'm more concern about is the Number 2 and 3 question

pls your urgent reply will be appreceiated.

2. All of my family members is accompanying me so they all had passports, I think it is a good idea if they all have, after all they will still use the thing.
3. Yes o, but it depends on the number of people that are going with you. Please use the website www.cic.gc.ca, that is one of the best resources out there.
I made so many mistakes while processing mine, but, they were always gracious enough to point these things out to me and to ask for clarifications. I wish you all the best.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ hercules07, thanx for your quick reply. pls sorry for disturbing i have one more question did you arrange for any employment before applying or you av got relatives at Canada that help facilitate the processing process.

thanx
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
hercules07:

You need to take the IELTS test, forget that letter issue, I have done the Federal Skilled thing and they asked that I should take the test, I took the bloody thing o. Kai the Federal Skilled thing showed me sha, but, I have overcome.

Hercules, I guess since you used the Federal Skilled workers route, then your occupation is one of the lucky 38 professions, right? Pls, let me know what your profession is as I was informed that only some certain professions can apply through the skilled workers class if there is no arranged employment.

Also, since you did not apply thru a lawyer or representative, how long did it take for them to reply you from Nova Scotia? What do you mean by it showed you
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2010
well mi i dont have any lawyer , na God i get and friends from dat have gone , so i ask naira land and still confrim from my friends dat have gone . all the people dat went dint use a rep. As per d accounts stuff one of my friend says they call the bank to confirm if the account is functioning ( dey dont ask how much is there oo)
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2010
Liss:

Hercules, I guess since you used the Federal Skilled workers route, then your occupation is one of the lucky 38 professions, right? Pls, let me know what your profession is as I was informed that only some certain professions can apply through the skilled workers class if there is no arranged employment.

Also, since you did not apply thru a lawyer or representative, how long did it take for them to reply you from Nova Scotia? What do you mean by it showed you

I am an IT Network Manager, that translates to (NOC 0213). I got all my responses from Accra and not from Nova Scotia, everything from the application to visa issuance took exactly two years. I know it took that long because my application was littered with so many "errors" (please go through the www.cic.gc.ca site very very well).
When I say it showed me, it is a way of saying that it was tedious and took a lot of my time, it wont have been too stressful if I had followed instructions properly, let me try to itemize the issues I had.

1. Getting Transcripts for me and my spouse was a hell
2. I was asked to go for IELTS, giving 60 days and the module I was to take had already been fully booked, thankfully, I was able to get a seat.
3. I had to undergo DNA test because I omitted my last daughter's info when updating my information ( I had to update the information so many times, it was not funny), that added about 5 Months to the process.
4. I had to travel to Accra so many times, I became a Chief over there ( Thankfully I had projects I did for Metro TV over there so that helped)
5. The stress of waiting for a response from the CHC in Accra
6. Money spent on the application process
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2010
@ Hercules, I see what you mean by it showed. Thumbs up for you that you still kept at it. Some pple might have given up.

So are you done with the processes now? Have you received your visa now? Also, on an average, how much do you think one would spend on the application processes, as you are still required to have enuf to cater for yourself and your family for the first 6months you arrive in Canada.

Also, where in Canada are you hoping to live and do you have jobs already lined up? Pls, can you start from the initial application process till date?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2010
@ hercules07, thanx for all your help.
ajison3:

well mi i dont have any lawyer , na God i get and friends from dat have gone , so i ask naira land and still confrim from my friends dat have gone . all the people dat went dint use a rep. As per d accounts stuff one of my friend says they call the bank to confirm if the account is functioning ( dey dont ask how much is there oo)
@ Ajison, can you pls confirm that they will not have to verify the amount in the account?, only to confirm that the account is functioning
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2010
Your stories on your various visits to the Ghana office and the likely interview questions would help too, so as to prevent mistakes and refusals, thanks.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2010
I am not saying u wont have money there shocked, @ least u will have 1.5 million or more there at a particular time as ur savings. According to somebody dey just gave visa in my office , he said they called the bank to ask if his account was functioning uptill date , not to know how much was there.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2010
This processing thing seems to be very hectic, The Problem is how do i ensure that all my simblings, dad & Mum have a passport cos they are all busy going about their various businesses.

Come to think of It, if I have up to 2M in my account, why do i need to trave?,
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2010
Liss:

@ Hercules, I see what you mean by it showed. Thumbs up for you that you still kept at it. Some pple might have given up.

So are you done with the processes now? Have you received your visa now? Also, on an average, how much do you think one would spend on the application processes, as you are still required to have enuf to cater for yourself and your family for the first 6months you arrive in Canada.  

Also, where in Canada are you hoping to live and do you have jobs already lined up? Pls, can you start from the initial application process till date?

Yes I am done with the processes now and I have visas for myself and my family. I actually went to Accra instead of sending the items because funnily enough it can be cheaper and you get to see the town ( I also had friends in Accra so accommodation was no problem). Official amounts will be application fees, medical fees, IELTS fees and Permanent Resident fees (www.cic.gc.ca is your best friend).
We are a family of Five and we are required to have about 24K CAD when landing, of course, I am not moving all of my family down there at the same time, someone has to establish first ( and my wife has a fairly good job, so no need to uproot her for now).
I intend going for another masters in ottawa, so that I can have Canadian Qualifications (no Canadian Qualification or Experience, no work in your chosen field, except you are lucky or have say CCIE), I will do holiday jobs sha to complement whatever I take from Nigeria.
Let me try to itemise the process.

1. My friend told me "you need to get this Canada Stuff", I was reluctant but my wife sat on me to do it. ( 1998 - 2006)
2. Downloaded Application forms for me and my brother, filled the forms, paid the fees and took them to Accra to submit at CHC (June 2008)
3. CHC Accra rejected my brother's application because he did not satisfy one of the NOC requirements (he is listed in my application anyway, so he will definitely make it to Canada) but, mine was accepted. Circa September 2008
4. CHC asks for documents to be sent to them, more forms filled. Circa February 2009
5. CHC asks for even more documents and for IELTS to be taken. Around April 2009
6. CHC asks for even more document and more forms are filled ( Transcripts and so on). Around June 2009
7. Medical Request sent, we had medicals, unfortunately, I did not update my information properly as I had a daughter after the initial application. October 2009
8. I inform CHC of my new daughter. October 2009
9. CHC fired me one stinger of a letter on not informing them early enough about the birth and not updating my forms properly. November 2009 ( Fastest Response)
10. I "beg" CHC on the act of omission and offered to go for DNA test. November 2009
11. DNA option accepted ( DNA process is something else). January 2010
12. Daughter confirmed as mine by DNA test (as if I had any doubt, though I used to tease my wife to come clean o before the results come out because I will be a good foster father  grin) Circa February 2010
13. Medical Request received for Last Daughter. About Two Months Ago
14. Request for Passport. May 2010
15. Visa Issuance. May 31st 2010
16. C'est finis for application
Despite alll my errors, I was not called for any interview. Now the hard part starts.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2010
no hercules u try ooo , did dey ask for a particular amount u must have to settle in canadan @ koolkammsy how much be 2 million now for u to start a life in canada
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

no hercules u try ooo , did dey ask for a particular amount u must have to settle in canadan @ koolkammsy how much be 2 million now for u to start a life in canada

I can be persistent sha, you will fill in the amount in the forms, they also have have the amount required on their website. Going to Canada can be for you to enlighten yourself, update your qualifications, get their pali and come back to naija.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 11:08am On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

@ koolkammsy how much be 2 million now for u to start a life in canada

The 2M may seem to be a small money, but with 2M you can start a better business and leave happily in Nigeria. But wen you travel out, You will be treated as a second citizen over there, i have contact with white men on a daily basis and i know how they treat the black people.

hercules07:

I can be persistent sha, you will fill in the amount in the forms, they also have have the amount required on their website. Going to Canada can be for you to enlighten yourself, update your qualifications, get their pali and come back to naija.

@ hercules07, i must say you have realy tried. its good to go over there for upgrade of certificate and get enlighten but if one have a good job i Nigeria i think it's better to stay i your own country and enjoy all the freedom.
wish you all best of luck
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2010
koolkamzzy:

The 2M may seem to be a small money, but with 2M you can start a better business and leave happily in Nigeria. But wen you travel out, You will be treated as a second citizen over there, i have contact with white men on a daily basis and i know how they treat the black people.

@ hercules07, i must say you have realy tried. its good to go over there for upgrade of certificate and get enlighten but if one have a good job i Nigeria i think it's better to stay i your own country and enjoy all the freedom.
wish you all best of luck

Yeah, if you have a good job in Nigeria and you do not want to say get Masters it might not be worth it, but freedom in naija sha I dont know about o. I work in a firm where I am a partner and shareholder, so, if it does not work out, I still have the business to come back to.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2010
hercules u paid through a lawyer right , cause i am still  looking @  how i can go round dat payment thing . I also got a mail from a friend some minutes ago that i should send the application without payment and see what dey would say dat he sent his own without the application fee.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

hercules u paid through a lawyer right , cause i am still  looking @  how i can go round dat payment thing . I also got a mail from a friend some minutes ago that i should send the application without payment and see what dey would say dat he sent his own without the application fee.

No, I paid physically in Accra, at times I did wire transfer ( for the DNA stuff)
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2010
hercules07:

No, I paid physically in Accra, at times I did wire transfer ( for the DNA stuff)

Is it possible to process the Visa @ Ghana cos i read from their site (www.cic.gc.ca) that the application can only be sent to Citizenship & Immigration Canada in Sydney canada either through post or courier. i'm not aware that i can also be done through Ghana.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2010
koolkamsy dats a brilliant question , dats what i saw o that we should send the application to nova scotia , den novo scotia will send to ghana who will now send us the file number den we will send the documents to ghana
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2010
Maybe that is the new process, remember I started mine in 2008, things might have changed. If the website tells you so, then it is so. I believe paying can be via money transfers ( don't quote me on this)
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

How do you intend to send the application package without the processing fee? procesing fee is part of the items listed on the checklisk. but come to think of it, is it true that one can get his money back if his Visa is not approved?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2010
from what i read ooooo before u get ur money back, u sef go tire
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 11:47am On Jun 09, 2010
@ kool from the cic website u are only sending 4 application forms and ur application fee that check list is not going to novo scotia its going to ghana after u have been replied from novo scotia with ur file number .
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

from what i read ooooo before u get your money back, u sef go tire

Na wao so person go just loose 80K like dat, well, no be every business person they Gain.

Best of luck,

@ Ajison3 pls let me know your mode of payment, cos that payment sturf dey give me concern
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

@ kool from the cic website u are only sending 4 application forms and your application fee that check list is not going to novo scotia its going to ghana after u have been replied from novo scotia with your file number .

Check the attachment for further clarification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum / Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.