Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Canada federal skilled workersProgram, - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada federal skilled workersProgram, (26355 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
ok , its true , u see say things dey change , so na 80k u dey put me dey put in more dan 80k ooo for me and my family members
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by jnze: 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
please how do i get canadian $ in nigeria ?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

ok , its true , u see say things dey change , so na 80k u dey put me dey put in more dan 80k ooo for me and my family members

Ya about 85K (150 CAD) which is the initial payment for application. I prefer only me first then if i suceed other people will follow
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
or u mean 550 CAD
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

or u mean 550 CAD

ya dat's correct, it was an oversight, so wat means do u consider as the best and economical means of payment?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ kool i still dey make research ooo
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
ajison3:

@ kool i still dey make research ooo

Ok, i wish you best of Luck. pls if you have any info on how to help facilitate the process, mail me on koolkamzzy@yahoo.com.

thanks.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by jnze: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
Please house how can one make the 550 payment , its meant to be in canadian dollars ? can it be sourced in nija ? where ?

thanks house
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
@Hercules,
Many thanks for your elaborate response. Highly appreciated. You really did well with your expose. Lucky for you as regards the no interview thing o.

Anywayz, pls keep providing details for the house such as your first few weeks in Canada. BTW, do you have family back there or just friends?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by LBT: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
pls house, which of the banks in Nigeria can one buy bank draft in canadian dollar cos i have been to some banks now and they do not offer such.

pls kindly let me know cos that is the only thing delaying my application now.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2010
@LBT,

Why don't you try paying through a mastercard or visacard? I think it will reduce your hassles cos I am not sure Nigerian Banks deal so much in Canadian dollars.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2010
LBT:

pls house, which of the banks in Nigeria can one buy bank draft in canadian dollar cos i have been to some banks now and they do not offer such.

pls kindly let me know cos that is the only thing delaying my application now.

Sending money out of Nigeria to other Countries has always been a problem. except it has to be wired (ie using swift). the other day i was trying to pay for some goods using Western Union Money transfer, i treid all the Bank in Lagos to no avail. I think the best way out is to use a credit card.

pls anybody that have a good and sincere maens of paying the fee should help.

Thanks
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
Liss:

@Hercules,
Many thanks for your elaborate response. Highly appreciated. You really did well with your expose. Lucky for you as regards the no interview thing o.

Anywayz, pls keep providing details for the house such as your first few weeks in Canada. BTW, do you have family back there or just friends?

I will do so, I have friends there.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by LBT: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2010
thanks very much 4 all ur responses. i will try nd get one.

thanks.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by koolkamzzy(m): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2010
LBT:

thanks very much 4 all your responses. i will try nd get one.

thanks.

Pls kindly let us know as soon as u get one. and the source you are getting it from.

thanks
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Hercules,

Where in Canada are you intending to reside and why? I mean why did you select that part Canada? Just wondering as I really don't have family there just a few friends so, it's somewhat a tough decision for me.

Also, how appropriate would it be to refer to my sister's in laws as my relatives. I don't think that is right as they are not directly related to me thru the marriage.

@ Everyone, how much of Canada do you know that would make you decide that this territory or province is the best for you? Pls, share.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 12, 2010
Pls don't get scammed, check www.touristvisas.info
It's got loads of information about European, American and Australian visas
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
Liss:

@ Hercules,

Where in Canada are you intending to reside and why? I mean why did you select that part Canada? Just wondering as I really don't have family there just a few friends so, it's somewhat a tough decision for me.

Also, how appropriate would it be to refer to my sister's in laws as my relatives. I don't think that is right as they are not directly related to me thru the marriage.

@ Everyone, how much of Canada do you know that would make you decide that this territory or province is the best for you? Pls, share.

I will reside in Ottawa because I am thinking of doing a Masters there. It is not appropriate, they must be siblings or parents.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Hotstepper(f): 6:15am On Jun 13, 2010
@hercules07, which of the schools in Ottawa?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by hercules07: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2010
Hotstepper:

@hercules07, which of the schools in Ottawa?

Either University of Ottawa or Carleton.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by halle2: 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2010
hello y'all

pls am also working on this federal skilled workers' thingy, would want to know which city in canada is preferable to stay in,as this is requested in the form? does dat mean that if u fill a particular city, u must stay there?
also, i have two kids (babies actually),who do not have int'l passports yet, cant i just submit this first stage of application successfully without their passport numbers? i really want to get this thing started AQAP
awaiting ur helpful responses, tnx
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Hotstepper(f): 5:06am On Jun 14, 2010
@hercules07, oh k, they r the only 2 unis. dere anyways, lol
@halle2, I dont think you will be stuck in that city. I will advise you get your children passport and do it once and for all with their names included
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2010
I just got a mail on how to pay , cause i have a brother dat did this canada skilled thing , he said he paid through UBA , so house na UBA ooo

1 Like

Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ajison,

Great info. You try gan o! I guess it's bank draft all the way then!lol,
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by halle2: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2010
tnx alot hotstepper

pls i wanna know if its ok to use mastercard as a mode of payment cos that is what i want to use, or should i rather get a bankdraft?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2010
I doubt the possibility of using a mastercard because you are requested to pay in Canadian dollars and I doubt that mastercards exist in the canadian currency, (am open to correction)
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Hotstepper(f): 1:15am On Jun 15, 2010
@Liss, Mastercard is universal so when you pay with Mastercard, the equivalent will be taken out in the currency you want.
@Halle, I do not know about that but check the document and it should say the preferred method of payment they want,
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2010
are u sure u want to use MasterCard ? i think ur best bet is draft oo , has anybody gone to find out if UBA dey do do draft.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by daddee: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2010
For now, no bank in Nigeria will issue you a bank draft in Canadian dollar. Your best bet if you must pay from Nigeria is to use a mastercard (preferably GTBank's). If you are not comfortable with mastercard, you only alternative is to get someone in EU, UK or US to help you with the bank draft.

Am talking from experience. My intercontinental bank mastercard was refused but a colleague was able to get his paid using GTBank's mastercard. I was at virtually all the Nigerian banks and some Ghanian banks for a bank draft in Canadian dollar but none was able to help. They can make in US dollars though but it is not acceptable. I eventually got someone to do it for me in the US.

All the best.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by halle2: 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
thanks for your timely responses, very encouraging

please my colleague just instilled another fear in me, she is using a representative but am not. in my forms i filled the following job descriptions: banking,credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122) AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES-FINANCIAL SERVICES (NOC 1433)
accordingg to her, the representative said the above named job descriptions do not fall in the recent job categories that they are obsolete. how true is this please? i do not want to waste my precious time, i actually got these job descriptions from the site www.cic.gc.ca
anyone with concrete info pls help,before i submit the forms,i really do not want to make errors,

many thanks
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2010
pls confirm from the cic website , cause i checked i dint see any of those codes in the recent 38 job listed ooo , so try and check the site .
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Liss: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
halle2:

thanks for your timely responses, very encouraging

please my colleague just instilled another fear in me, she is using a representative but am not. in my forms i filled the following job descriptions: banking,credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122) AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES-FINANCIAL SERVICES (NOC 1433)
accordingg to her, the representative said the above named job descriptions do not fall in the recent job categories that they are obsolete. how true is this please? i do not want to waste my precious time, i actually got these job descriptions from the site www.cic.gc.ca
anyone with concrete info pls help,before i submit the forms,i really do not want to make errors,

many thanks

Would suggest you crosscheck your job descriptions with some professions on the list of 38 to be sure. All you need is at least a year's experience in one of the 38 listed professions. In your case, I would suggest you crosscheck your job descriptions with NOC 0111 and NOC 1111 as they seem closest to what you have here.
Note that the job descriptions are based on what you have done before or currently doing for at least a year.

Other methods of migrating to Canada exist apart from the skilled worker's program if you are not eligible. Example is the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). All da best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum / Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.