Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Canada federal skilled workersProgram, - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada federal skilled workersProgram, (26347 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by lovelynk(f): 1:37am On Jul 19, 2010
Pls is it possible to sen the application direct to canada and have it processed at the ghana office?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by ajison3: 9:31am On Jul 19, 2010
lovelynk:

Pls is it possible to sen the application direct to canada and have it processed at the ghana office?

u are suppose to send to canada , then canada will send to ghana office .
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by blackpro: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
hello good people
pls can anybody recommend a good book that can be used in preparing for IELTS? also, i understand that there are 2 types of IELTS exams, which one is required for the canadian immigration program?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Delta007(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
lovelynk:

Go to www.cic.gc.ca and study the process. It's outlined there!

blackpro:

hello good people
pls can anybody recommend a good book that can be used in preparing for IELTS? also, i understand that there are 2 types of IELTS exams, which one is required for the canadian immigration program?

There's the Academic & General IELTS. General Test is what you need; it's also easier.

Quite frankly, anyone that has gone through the Nigerian Educational system (even though broken) can get close to maximum points on the test without any form of studying. Google IELTS practice questions (General) and help yourself. If you have money to waste, then you can check for books around to buy. If you need to study a book to pass IELTS, I'd just advice you to stay put in Nigeria; trust me! Goodluck.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by blackpro: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
@delta007
thanks alot for the advance

another question: do i need the results to be reported anywhere?
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by deneks4: 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2010
Delta007:

Go to www.cic.gc.ca and study the process. It's outlined there!
There's the Academic & General IELTS. General Test is what you need; it's also easier.

Quite frankly, anyone that has gone through the Nigerian Educational system (even though broken) can get close to maximum points on the test without any form of studying. Google IELTS practice questions (General) and help yourself. If you have money to waste, then you can check for books around to buy. If you need to study a book to pass IELTS, I'd just advice you to stay put in Nigeria; trust me! Goodluck.

delta, i beg, how long does it take to get through if one applies in canada for this highly skilled stuff, i also saw something like only 20,000 people are lucky every year, and it on a first come first serve basis,

but a friend of mine said that does not apply to people that apply in canada, he said they will give me as long as am qualified, and they only use the 20,000 rule for people outside canada.he said his took 16 months, and my other friend from this province (quebec) said it took him 10 months, am so confused o.please advise me, i wont mind mailin u, cuz u seem to know canada so well
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by mikkyangel(m): 3:45am On Aug 03, 2010
kk
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by martinosi: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2010
I sugguest that more Nigerians who are skilled and want to work
abroad for 3-5 years for additonal experience should go
to Canada and not Europe 1st,
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Confilass: 10:58am On Aug 03, 2010
From what I've read through the IELTS website,  it is just life TOEFL.  Pls am I correct?

I've a B.Sc. in Accounting but 've not work as an Accountant. I've experience as a Secretary and AutoCAD Draftman. If I apply for Secretary position won't they consider that I don't ve a certificate on it but in doing the work am OK. I can type more than 100 words per minute with minimal errors.

U know in Naija most times u 've a job in a different field far from what u read in School.

I am not exaggerating but just need ur advise.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by Hotstepper(f): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2010
@mikkyangel, my e-mail addy is nnenny@yorku.ca
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by mikkyangel(m): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2010
thnks my dear, expect my mails anytime soon,
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by suxes2005(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hi house,

my pastor applied for the canada hswp but
was told dat decision has been made without
asking for medical report. does it mean he was
refused cos we have not seen any mail from
them since,

SHALOM
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by tundebuki: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2010
please i want to findout @ what time can someone apply for this :Canada federal skilled workersProgram.waiting for ur reply

thanks
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by suxes2005(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
@tunde, anytime provided d stuff is still on

SHALOM
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by barneli(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
I live in delta state and will find it difficult to take the ielts tes in either lagos, abuja or enugu. Pls is it possible for me to take a TOEFL test scores instead of this IELTS. and do i need to include the test scores when applying cos on the check list it states'' have u taken any english tests'' ?
House pls i need an answer asap thanks
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by seyi08(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
Guys thanks for your info. I just wanted to ask if I must have the 11,ooo dollars stipulated for one applicant before I submit my application? or would be required to produce it(evidence) at a later stage.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by gel03: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2010
Hi nairalanders, i am new on this forum please i would appreciate it if anyone with useful informations on the application proceedures for the federal skilled workers program can kindly reply me. i.e documents required in the first stage of applying. i am married with a 2months old son. preferably hercules07, flushmedic or any other person with the experience.

Thanks all.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by suxes2005(m): 10:39am On May 10, 2011
Bareli, yup u must. Its strictly ielts and nt toefl @ Seyi, its later. Gel , check dia site all info is dia
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by futurewise11(m): 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
suxes2005: @poster:

My Boss is currently doing his own
Highly skilled worker for Canada
so if u encounter any prob, talk to me
as i know all wat he submitted!

Even his lawyer in Canada never
asked for a dime!

SHALOM

He's a known fraudster in nairaland,pls nobody should deal with him oooh.
Everytime your boss dis ur boss that,u know dey tire ni,
Pls check out this thread on nL where is suxes to get a lot of his 419 tactics.
Re: Canada federal skilled workersProgram, by bukolaben: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2015
Morning people, kindly help a friend out. She got her MR and in addition she was asked to forward a police report, 4 passport photograph and statement of account. She forwarded everything but forgot to include the passport photograph. The 30 days period elapsed on 25th sept. What can she do pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Irish Independant - Africa Is Giving Nothing To Anyone -- Apart From Aids / Man Stuck In A Vehicle After An Accident In Lagos (Photos) / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.