Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? (758 Views)

She Is A Born Again. How Do We Make Our Relationship Romantic? / Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by mightiersa: 6:34am On Mar 26, 2010
honestly, I really love her and she loves me too.
She's facing alot of pressure at home.
I do visit her in her school. Most time, i pass night with her. Now, i have decided not to visit her again just to avoid embarrashment should her mum see me with her. Of course she's not happy about my decision.
I don't know what to do. Should i break up with her Or find another person?
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 26, 2010
@ poster i want 2 ask u a question.dönt u av a job.u dont expect a reasonable mother 2 encourage her daughter in marrying a jobles dude (except in cases of pregnancy dat there's no other option than 2 get marid).bak 2 d issue i asked because i remember in ur post u claimed dat u went 2 sleep in her hostel.am sure if u had a job u wont av tym 2 go 2 'a school gals hostel'at least if u r ocupied u'l av an acomodation u wount sleep in a school gals hostel.
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Areaboy2(m): 8:47am On Mar 26, 2010
tips on how to win ANY mother in laws heart, its quite simple and a one step procedure

- go make a hundred million dollars,

come back to her and see the difference, "oh, my in law is around oh, papa Ngozi come and see your son in law"
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by SeanLewis(m): 10:07am On Mar 26, 2010
Inlaws may dislike their daughter~s fiancee bcoz of many things and nt only money or jobs. It may be because of ur waywardness or character grin. There must rily be smtin d inlaw doesnt like abt u, Figure it out, nd shapen up cool
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Yusjayz: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2010
Bros,4get that lady
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by beingme(f): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2010
Yusjayz:

Bros,4get that lady

4GET THE LADY? WHY WAS THE MAIN STORY MISSES HERE?
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2010
Do you look like a knife-wielding, yahoo-using thug? If yes then I can understand where she is coming from.
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by KennyG6(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
ok the girl is in skool, you are not so i take it you have a job abi? So you expect her mama to encourage her daughter to sacrifice her education for a guy who might dump her anytime? The fact that you visit her and skoool and pass the night is a dustraction on its own and the woman who has plans for her daughter and is not looking to be a grandma just yet wants her to get a decent education and give herself a chance in life.
You dont know how they managed to get the money to educate their pikin so leave the mama alone, grin
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2010
Ok.
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Gabry(f): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2010
I get sick and tired when the parents love intefering n their children's love life. For me, I would doi whatever I wanted to do cause its my life and Im old enough to make my own decisions. If one day my parents are gone, at least I wont regret doing what I was suppose to do in life and not letting other people control my lkife and telling me what to do
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by KennyG6(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2010
Gabry:

I get sick and tired when the parents love intefering n their children's love life. For me, I would doi whatever I wanted to do cause its my life and Im old enough to make my own decisions. If one day my parents are gone, at least I wont regret doing what I was suppose to do in life and not letting other people control my lkife and telling me what to do
Actually Gabry they are your parents for a reason, and the reason they often interefere is because they actually love you, at least you dont see them interefere in your neighbours affairs, no parent will sit back and let their loved ones make mistakes that are obvious to them but overlooked by the children due to love-blindness,
Its like you complaining that your professor is interfering in your affairs when his sole mission in your life is to help you succeed, most parents can smell a no-gooder from afar afterall they've been there before and its only wise that they advise and sometimes compel their children to avoid the same pitfalls in life. Sadly though, we tend to ignore their advice, make the mistake, get hurt, wounded and run back to them for solace,
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Gabry(f): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2010
Kenny_G:

Actually Gabry they are your parents for a reason, and the reason they often interefere is because they actually love you, at least you dont see them interefere in your neighbours affairs, no parent will sit back and let their loved ones make mistakes that are obvious to them but overlooked by the children due to love-blindness,
Its like you complaining that your professor is interfering in your affairs when his sole mission in your life is to help you succeed, most parents can smell a no-gooder from afar afterall they've been there before and its only wise that they advise and sometimes compel their children to avoid the same pitfalls in life. Sadly though, we tend to ignore their advice, make the mistake, get hurt, wounded and run back to them for solace,

Agreed in a way but the thing is if parents are to be too overprotective of matters like this, how are their children suppose to learn? And the parents cannot just judge one's partner without getting to know the person better don't you think? Its not fair when parents starts to choose a life partner for their children based on their own criteria and their own taste without thinking about their children's personal taste. My parents were like that just cause my bf is black and Im yellow, they would just think that black is bad and white is good. God, . . . I told them that if they dont like my bf, than too bad for them because I love him and Ive made uop my mind to be with him and I dont care what they think cause Im old enough to make my own decision. If black is that bad, why did God create Black people? U mean to say Blavck people was created by Satan? If so, than why do many black people worship God and not Satan? I ask them these questions till they kept their bloody mouth shut!  angry  angry  angry

The thing is if we children made mistakes, we do have the sole rights to run back to our parents its because they are our parents and they are family. They are suppose to be there and support us cause they born us, na by force we wanted to be born on earth abi? and also thats what parents are for. Why else they become parents?[/b]
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by KennyG6(m): 11:38am On Mar 27, 2010
Gabry:

[color=orange] [b]Agreed in a way but the thing is if parents are to be too overprotective of matters like this, how are their children suppose to learn?
The same way you learn in skool, you take the advice of your professor as read, you dont tell him to allow you make your mistakes and learn from them do you? grin
Re: My Fiancee's Mother Is Not In Support Of Our Relationship. What Should I Do? by Gabry(f): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2010
Kenny_G:

The same way you learn in skool, you take the advice of your professor as read, you dont tell him to allow you make your mistakes and learn from them do you? grin

Yes now so heres the thing. We take our parents advise and its up to us whether to follow it or not. If we make mistakes and wahala dey come our way, then we learn from it and try not to repeat the same mistake again. Beside we are only human and like what my father always tells me, if you think that life is hard, that means that you are actually learning something  wink

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Have Done? / Being Confident Around Women: / Should I Be Feeling This Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.