Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Mending Fences (romance) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mending Fences (romance) (76529 Views)

Poem - Mending Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2018
Lol
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by bellefidel(f): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
thanks for the update........

nd oh I LOVE MENSAH
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hey Safarigirl You are welcome back... U see we patiently wait.... Tanks for d update....
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
Plan gone awry.....

Chapter Four

This was getting harder and harder as the days progressed

Alex was well aware that he was supposed to be a smooth operator of sorts, but Martha was turning out to be his most difficult prey ever. While he really wanted to blame her for this bind he now found himself in, a sizeable portion was caused by him and his ego. This was his game, he was the one in control.

He wanted to drag it a little longer, teach her a lesson perhaps….by so doing, however, he was teaching himself a lesson. Hell, he was starting to have some pretty indecent dreams of her and every time he had to wake up to the realization that they were no more than dreams, even worse, he would see her the entire day. He knew it was only a matter of time before he cracked, but he wanted her to be the first to cave in

Losing was not an option as far as he was concerned.

He sat down in the living room, leisurely watching an old match. Martha was tucking his father in for an afternoon nap, she wasn’t likely to return to the living room once she was through, she would just go into the kitchen and read one of the books she always brought along. He was very much used to that routine, she had stuck to it for the last four days. They had barely interacted since the pool incident, she seemed to be holding some sort of grudge against him and he…well, he wanted her to stew in his broth for a while before he made his next move.

A knock at the door drew his attention, he got to his feet and walked over to it to answer, Donald stood at the porch, “Good day sir.” He greeted with a smile

Alex nodded, “Good day Donald, what’s the matter?”

“Sir, there is a man outside who says he is looking for Miss Martha.” He stated.

Alex cocked his brows, this was certainly a new development. First, she was taking swims in the pool without permission, now, she was inviting some man over? Where did her impunity end? “Is there?” he asked as he turned towards the inside of the house to check if Martha was anywhere close.

“Yes sir, should I let him in?”

“Sure, let him in.” Alex replied, oh, he was certainly very much interested in meeting this male visitor of Martha’s , he was yet to meet anyone who knew her personally since he got here and he figured, it wouldn’t be so bad to meet such a person.

“Okay.” He turned around and returned to the gate while Alex took the opportunity to step out of the house

Alex only had to wait a few seconds before the gat was fully opened and in came a fairly tall, very young, dark-skinned man. He watched the man approach him with an impressive gait to his steps, but the guy had barely reached the door step when the door opened up and Martha stepped out.

“Hey, baby.” She grinned as she approached the guy and Alex couldn’t stop the look of surprise on his face on hearing those words

Baby?

He watched them share a hug, the guy leaned down and gave her a light peck against her cheek, Alex was starting to think he had become the unsuspecting audience in what was set to be a very uncomfortable scene.

“How are you sweetie?” the guy asked

“Happy, now that you’re here. I wasn’t expecting you here though, what happened?”

“I noticed you forgot your phone over at my place, thought I’d bring it over to your workplace.” He said as he took out a small phone and handed it over to Martha

“Baby, you’re so thoughtful, what would I do without you?”

Alex casually crossed his ankles and leaned against the pillar next to him as he continued to observe both parties. The young man had his hand casually slung around Martha’s waist, his grip was loose though, but the young man wasn’t the person he was most concerned with, Martha was certainly being far more touchy feely than she had given herself off to be. Then again, what really did he know of her considering the limited time they had been together?

The young man laughed, “Not a lot.” He replied as he raised his hand to her chin and tugged at it playfully. Alex thought for sure he was going to pull her down for a kiss, but that didn’t happen.

“Oh! Babe, this is my boss’s son, the one I told you about, Alex.” Martha said.

Alex watched the young man smile at him and walk up to him, the man reached out for a handshake and Alex received it, “Hello, it’s nice to meet you, Alex.” His grip was loose, nowhere near as firm and assertive as Alex would have liked.

“Alex, this is Mark, my boyfriend.”

Those words laid more credence to Alex’ thoughts that something wasn’t right here, why in heaven’s name did Martha think he had to be introduced to her boyfriend? More importantly, when did Martha become concerned with his opinion, so much she was introducing him to her boyfriend? The last he checked, they weren’t particularly friends

“Nice to meet you too.” He responded, “Your girl is quite the dedicated woman.”

The guy smiled in response, “I know, she loves her job, and I love her.”

Martha made a show of leaning her head on his shoulder and giving a large smile, “Oh, I love you too babe.”

Okay, this was getting ridiculous and over the top as well.

“Well, I gotta go. See you at home, sweetie?”

“Sure.” she responded.

The guy leaned down again and gave her a peck on her forehead, for someone who was trying really hard to show off her relationship, Martha wasn’t playing the right cards, he thought for sure, she would have been smooching the living daylights out of this guy to rile him up since that was obviously her motive here.

“You know, you should really give your girl a nice kiss on her lips, she has such sexy lips, any man would be kissing them any chance he got.” Alex stated. He noticed Martha blush at his words, however, her boyfriend only shook his head and gave a nervous laugh

“We don’t really do the PDA thing, she gets enough kisses from me at home.”

Alex cocked his brows as he watched Martha agree a bit too quickly. They had been doing nothing but PDA since he got here, how the hell was a little kissing off the books? “Oh, it’s a shame then. Take care bro.”

“You too.” Mark said, he smiled at Martha once more and then walked away.

“Bye babe.” Martha called out as he made his way out the gate, she blew him a kiss and he caught it and placed it to his chest. Alex couldn’t help his scoff at that point, yep, he had seen all he needed to see.

He opened the door and walked back into the house, leaving Martha outside.

About a minute later, she came back into the house, but Alex was determine to not let her just walk past him, without speaking a few words, “You know, all this time, I thought you probably disliked me because there was something wrong with me, maybe I had an ego problem, I was a jerk, I don’t know, but I thought it had always been me, but thanks for inviting your boyfriend over, now I’m certain it’s not me, it’s you.”

She gave him a blank expression, “What are you on about now?”

“I can’t get your affection because you prefer boys to men.”

She drew her head back and raised her brows, “Excuse me?”

“I’m too old for you, obviously. I mean, how old is that guy? Sixteen? Nineteen? You like the young ones.”

She rolled her eyes in an exaggerated fashion, “He’s old enough for me, that’s all you and your bruised ego need to know.” She responded. She started to return to her hideout, but he wouldn’t let her go so easily

“I wonder why he didn’t kiss you though. I mean, first, he’s a kid, then he won’t kiss you, he didn’t even get mad when I said you had sexy lips…I mean, I don’t know about him, but if some guy told me my girl had sexy lips, I would be just a little mad. He’s either a really cool chap or, he’s not really your boyfriend.”

She almost hid it well, but Alex was quick to notice the flash of surprise on her face, she forced a laugh, “That is ridiculous, Men..Mark is my boyfriend, we’ve been dating for the past two years.”

“Have you?”

“Yes, we have, not everyone likes to show off with their relationship.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know, it looked like you were putting in some extra effort to do just that.”

“Maybe you were paying extra attention.”

“Isn’t that what you wanted? Get your ‘boyfriend’ to come over here, your boyfriend who actually looks like he could be related to you….”

“If you’re trying to say he’s my brother, then, you’re wrong.”

Alex couldn’t stop the smile that came upon his face, she was way too easy, “I wasn’t trying to say anything…but thanks for saying it yourself.”

“I never said anything.” She defended.

He shook his head, “Sometimes, you end up saying more than you want to say, without saying anything.” He responded, he winked at her and then walked away, leaving her in a state of confusion.

He had to give it to her, it was a good plan and for a second, he had almost bought e charade, but then, he had studied her long enough to tell when her behaviour was off and her behaviour with this guy had been way off, not to mention, he looked much too young o be her boyfriend anyway.

Alex grinned to himself, the only thing she had ended up proving was that he was towing the right path and she wasn’t as immune to his charms as she wanted to be.

8 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
tank u 4 d update sis nxt update til when*?

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Azzy994(f): 10:39am On Jan 28, 2018
wonderful! thanks for the update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2018
Hmmm, lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
Wow.Welldone Ma'am.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Essyprity(f): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
let me keep reading first.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by hardeybysy(f): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Interesting
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by labelle123(f): 9:55am On Jan 29, 2018
this update got me laughing thanks dear
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Eddyella(f): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
Cant stop laffing.More plsss.......
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yudeeaikay(f): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
Wow! Nice One Safarigirl...Very Interesting
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hey Safarigirl girl.. Wen do u wanna update dis story, its talking too long
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Sam32(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
Aspiring to write a self-published piece? Scooge handles all the stressful aspects of your book design issues and helps you streamline your efforts without prerequisite skill requirements. From typing to publishing in NO TIME!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Sam32(m): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Aspiring to write a self-published piece, but get overwhelmed when you think about all the intricacies: book design, proof-reading, Licensing etc.

Scooge, takes away all that worry allowing you to focus on what really matters - WRITING a great piece, ANYTIME ANYWHERE. From book cover to publishing, Scooge has you covered!

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Update

Mommy Dearest

“He didn’t buy it” Martha said angrily to Mensah once she got home.

Everything had gone downhill after Mensah left, Alex had fund her out and she was back to square zero, because now, he knew she was indeed looking for his attention. Work had been tortuous today, everywhere she went, she was looking out for Alex, she wanted to avoid him at all cost and he didn’t make it easy, not one bit. The worst thing was, he didn’t even speak to her; she would assure herself that the kitchen was empty and just when she went to get something, he would casually walk in and get a glass of water from the fridge, or an apple. Each time he would make it obvious that he was aware of her presence while she stood like some stone statue and waited for him to leave, and whenever he would leave, eh would make sure to have some idiotic smirk on his face like he was laughing at her.

It was aggravating.

She had been so close to damning her job and her freedom and busting a bottle on his head or stabbing him with a knife, she had had to talk herself out of it multiple times and she hated that her work place was set to turn her to a violent person. She was a lot of things, but a violent person wasn’t one.

Mensah shrugged, “Too bad then.” He said casually, his face buried in his phone

Martha stopped pacing to give Mensah a scorching glare, “Excuse me?” she spat

“You win some, you lose some.”

There was no way in hell, this boy was fiddling with his phone while she went on a rant about something this important…Martha marched up to her brother and snatched the phone from him, he quickly got off his back and on his knees “You will not press a phone while I am talking to you, it’s your fault I’m in this mess.”

Mensah gave a laugh of disbelief, “You are not about to pin your troubles on me Martha, I told you as soon as you came up with the ridiculous plan that it wouldn’t work….”

“If you had been a better actor, maybe it would have worked!”

Mensah’s eyes widened in disbelief, “M….me? Ewudare! Is this the thanks I get for putting my neck on the line for you? Did you see the bros I was supposed to try to make jealous? If that guy was the violent type, you would have been turning akamu for me by now, akamu that I would drink in the hospital, where I’m receiving multiple drips and my hands and legs are in a caste…..instead of you to give praise that I walked out alive, you are accusing me for your own failure. I am glad you have shown me that this is how you are….it’s not that I didn’t know before, but you just reminded me because e don tey wey you hang me outside to dry on top your Bleep up.”

“My Bleep up? You that couldn’t act like a boyfriend for how many seconds? If I had known you would be such a disappointment, I could have just gotten any random agbero off the streets to play the part.”

“I am sure the random agbero would have been excellent, especially when he asked me to kiss you, any random agbero would have grabbed that opportunity, along with your ass, with both hands, that I can assure you of. Oya, give me my phone.”

“Come and collect it.” she replied defiantly.

He slowly got to his feet, “Martha Ita, you better give me back my phone, I am too old to be playing police and thief with you.”

“You’ll have to collect this phone from me by force, because I’m not giving it to you willingly.”

“Martha…” he hopped off the bed and went after her, Martha ran around the room, doing her best to avoid her brother while he continued t ochase her down and demand his phone back. she knew s he was being unreasonable, but damn it, she had to blame someone for her terrible day and Mensah had to be the person

“Martha!”

Their mother’s voice stopped whatever they had been doing as they both came to a stop.

She stood by the door, her eyes moving from one panting sibling to the other, “Mensah, what is going on here?”

“Martha seized my phone and refuses to return it.” Mensah spoke first

“Is that why two of you will not allow me rest in my house? Martha, why do you have your brother’s phone?”

“Because he’s ignoring me.”

“Ask her what she’s trying to force me to listen to.”

Their mother gave a pointed look at Martha, Martha glared at her brother, was there a way to even say what had troubled her, “Well…?” her mother asked, when she wasn’t forthcoming with a response

“Mum….”

“It’s a man, her boss’ son that she likes and he likes her, but madam is trying to do competition with him on who will cave in first.”

Martha felt her breath get stuck in her throat, damn Mensah! She couldn’t even open her mouth to defend herself, because her tongue felt like lead at this point. Her mother turned curious eyes to her, awaiting an explanation once more, but nothing came from Martha. She stared at her mother for a while, willing her lips to open and say something- anything, in defense of herself, but nothing came. She was only snapped out of her trance when Mensah snatched his phone from her grip, she opened her mouth to throw some harsh words at him, but they never got out as her mother spoke first.

“Martha, come with me.”

Edith didn’t wait to get an acknowledgment fro Martha as she knew she would be right behind her as she walked out of the room.

Martha ended up in her parents’ room with her mother, looking every bit like the child who had been caught in a wrong act. Her gaze flitted everywhere in the room, but looking directly at her mother was not an option she was ready to take and the woman’s lengthy silence once they got to the room did nothing to calm her jittery nerves.

“Would you mind elaborating what your brother said earlier?” her mother finally broke the silence

Martha raised her eyes to her mother. Elaborate? The appropriate person to do that was the one who made the accusation, “Mum I…”

“Without lies”

As if that would change what she was about to say…, “It’s nothing.”

“Is it? Martha, you know you can talk to me about anything, right? I’m your mother.”

Martha’s gaze drifted from her mother, that was easier said than done.

“Come, sit here.” Her mother patted at an empty space next to her and Martha dragged her feet to seat next to her. once she was settled, her mother began, “I don’t understand how I will be in this house and you will take man problems to your twenty-year old brother, if you need tips on anything, I would think you would trust my instincts better.”

Martha had to do a double-take to be sure that was really her mother talking, “I…I didn’t….”

“You didn’t what? You didn’t think I’d want to hear of your man problems? Martha, you’re twenty-four, if you don’t have man problems at this age, I would be concerned. How will you find a husband when you can’t even find a man that would be interested in you and vice versa?”

Martha was quiet at her mother’s words, she sincerely hadn’t expected any of that to come fro mthe woman, a scolding ,that she had expected, but this? She could only stare in shock at the woman who didn’t seem the least bit concerned about her expression

“Okay, tell me all about this boss’ son of yours, is he good-looking?”

Martha’s eyes widened slightly, but when she noticed how serious the older woman was, she sat a bit uncomfortable and proceeded to tell her mother all about her travails with the sexy, douchebag that was Alex Onoja, whatever her mother advised surely couldn’t be worse than what she had gone through with Mensah

6 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by melodydennis(f): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Finally. Thanks safarigirl

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
Tanks for dis Safarigirl
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by gal10(f): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2018
Finally kiss kiss
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Eddyella(f): 8:28am On Feb 18, 2018
Tanks 4 d update.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ehmjay(m): 11:25am On Feb 18, 2018
Thank God oooo atlast she remeber us....when should we be expecting you again
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by viciati(m): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
magnificent grin grin grin
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by mofy1(f): 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2018
Safarigal and delay in update are like 5 and 6
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by WHOcarex: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
So far so good
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 12:14am On Feb 20, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 5:30am On Feb 20, 2018
I just came to check what happening on this trend and I met an update. pls update often. thank for the update hope to read next episode soonest
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2018
Happy New Month Guys

-Update-

Catching Feelings

What game was she playing now?

Alex’ eyes followed every movement Martha made a she went about her duties in the house, seemingly oblivious of the one-man audience she had captured. He had tried o think about her latest game plan, but the more the day went by, the more clueless he got and it was damn near pissing him off.

He could deal with a lot of stuff, but he couldn’t deal with failing in something he prided himself in- reading people. Least of all, someone who had been more or less an open book to him. There was a difference about her, something had changed within twenty-four hours and it unsettled him greatly because it meant that he was losing his grip on the trophy; a trophy he had been certain would be his just yesterday.

He watched her gallivant around the house, making a show of serving his father lunch. Normally, his father had his lunch in the comfort of his bedroom, but for some reason, some demon succubus who ironically, had a name picked out from the Bible, had convinced him to have lunch with his son. So, imagine Alex’ surprise when he saw his father being wheeled into the kitchen and his chair placed opposite him while the devil’s servant offered to serve him his meal with a smile that belonged on the face of one of God’s many angels.

He had lost his appetite immediately and had made up his mind to leave. He was just getting off his seat when the smiling serpent had spoken to him, “Alex, you’re not about to leave your father to eat alone at the table, are you?” she had asked in a voice so cheery, it sounded like it had been dipped in syrup.

“I believe I am.” He responded.

She made a show of clicking her forked tongue, “Well, that would be rude. I thought you came here to make an effort to talk to him. You’re in his house, eating his food, watching his television, you might as well be a bit considerate and eat with him this once.”

It was only in that moment Alex had finally realised how Eve must have felt when she was being convinced to eat of the forbidden fruit by the serpent, and not for the first time that evening, he had wondered about this game of hers. His eyes moved over to his father, who had borrowed a leaf of wisdom and remained quiet, “I didn’t ask to be here, I was invited”

“And you could have rejected the invite, but for some reason, you came. Now, would it be right to come all the way down here and not put in any effort to converse with your father? what will you tell those you left in Lagos of this visit? Why are you here if you won’t even sit with your host?”

And with those words, not for the first time in history, the devil was able to win man over and that was how Alex ended up in this unsavoury situation, watching his father eat while Martha carried on with some false business.

She hadn’t spoken a word to him since she somehow convinced him to remain with his father while the man ate, he hadn’t spoken a word to his father either, but she had said more than enough to the older man in that time. His eyes followed her as she walked out of the kitchen area, after saying something about getting some medications from his father’s bedroom. He needed to go to her and ask her straight up, what game she was trying to play. Whatever it was, it had caught his attention far more than her shenanigans of the day before.

“You know, if you have even half the balls your father does, you wouldn’t need this much time to approach a woman.”

Alex’ eyes were only pulled away from the direction Martha had disappeared through, by his father’s voice. His gaze leveled onto the older man, but he said nothing to him, just who the hell had asked for his opinion?

Totally unfazed by Alex’s lack of response, Omari continued, “She’s only doing all of this to get your attention, and I see the way your eyes keep following her. it’s definitely working, but the question is, are you just going to sit there and stare at her all day, or are you going to do something about this attention she’s begging for?” he asked pointedly.

Alex kept his stare on his father, ruminating on his words, but hating that he was so damn obvious even this weak, old man had noticed his drooling tongue. He took a moment before gathering his thoughts to say, “First of all, I didn’t ask for your opinion, thanks, and secondly, if I need to get lectured on how to break a woman’s self esteem and turn her into my punching bag, I’ll be sure to seek your wise counsel, but until then, I would appreciate it if you stayed out of my business and kept your unsolicited advice to yourself.” He responded, he got to his feet and walked out of the kitchen, towards the area Martha had disappeared through, without taking a glance at his father. If she wasn’t here, he wouldn’t have to sit with the man.

He made his way to the hallway, aiming to get to his father’s bedroom and confront Martha once ad for all, but she stepped out of the bedroom as he approached and he hid himself by a corner just so he would take her unawares once she passed by. Not only had she been acting funny, she had dressed differently today, rather than the loose palazzo pants or corporate pants he was sued to seeing her on, she had chosen a dress today. Some scandalous, body-con dress that hugged every bodacious curve she had on her body. There was no way she was allowed to wear that to work.

She was just walking by his hiding spot, when he reached for her arm and pulled her into the corner. A sharp gasp slipped out her lips as her back met with the hard wall behind her and he effectively blocked her way with his hulking form.

It took her a quick second to realise that she had been waylaid and she raised sharp eyes at her captor, “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I was going to ask you the same question, what game do you think you’re playing?”

She scoffed, “I don’t have time for this.” She moved to leave, but he forced her back to the wall, “Alex….”

“Stop it.” there was an edge to his voice that she seemed to take note of, this time, enough to make her pause, “I am not the one you want to play games with, Martha, I can assure you that.”

She glared at him, a ball of fire in her eyes like she was daring him to do his worst. In all his years, Alex had never encountered a female so defiant, he knew of them and heard of their stories, but he had long made up his mind that he wouldn’t make a fool of himself, not for any of the stubborn ones. So much for that now.

She took a bold step to him, covering the tiny space between them, “If I wanted to play games, you would lose before it even started.” She stated

They had a brief stare down, neither party willing to budge for the other. Alex had to commend her guts, he didn’t get to meet a lot of women that would stand toe to toe with him. he was consumed with the need to cut her down to size, to get her to yield to him in some way, Alex knew that if he let her go without making a move this time, he wouldn’t get a second opportunity.

It was now or never

She tried to leave once again, this time, however, Alex stopped her with a hand around her waist and a sharp pull to his body, she placed both her hands on his chest to lessen the impact and for the first time since he cornered her, Alex finally saw a flicker of doubt in her eyes. He had never lost the game after all. He placed a hand to her cheek softly, the sound of her breath catching in her throat at his slight touch caused a swell of pride in his chest.

With his thumb, he tipped her head slightly so that his eyes could rest on her target- those full, sultry, saucy lips he had wanted to taste since the first day he had laid eyes on them, his thumb brushed at it and she shuddered once again. Her eyes didn’t hold that defiance she had so proudly worn earlier. Now, he saw that familiar innocence about them, the look that caused him to believe she wasn’t as tough as she wanted him to think, that look that exposed her naiveté. Without wasting another second, Alex swooped in for the kill.

A plethora of feelings whooshed through Alex at the first touch of their lips, but the familiarity of it all escaped him. her lips were pillow-soft, just like he had always imagined, he was content with feeling their softness for a while, however, he knew when to seek more and he did just that when his tongue began to prod at the parting of her lips, he heard a tiny sound escape her throat, but it was nothing compared to the groan that left his when she finally parted her lips and he got his first taste of decadence, damn! To hell with whatever he had thought earlier, this was turning out to be the best kiss he had gotten out in his thirty years on earth, it sent a bolt of current running through him, it felt nothing like he was used to. Her minty taste was enough to have him needing more as his hand came around her waist and held her tight to his body, this time, he go the moan he had been wanting all along as her grip on his shirt eased up, only for her hands to move higher up his chest until they were at the back of his head, causing a tingle to move from his scalp and envelope the rest of him. his body felt tight, needy even as his lips discovered the intoxicating taste of hers.

She wasn’t particularly very good at kissing, he could tell that she was just a little inexperienced, but it was nothing he couldn’t work with and the zeal she put into it indicated that she would certainly be a fast learner. Normally, Alex didn’t like inexperienced women, he liked the thrill of the chase, but he wasn’t down with breaking anyone in, however, Martha was going to be his exception. There was no way he was letting go of this heady feeling that had rocked his entire being .

He wanted so much to slide his hand lower and grab that generous piece of flesh she had been wiggling in his face all day, but for the first time in his life, he chose to exercise a bit of restraint and take advantage some other day. Today, he just needed her to feel the burning desire he had for her, not just lust. He wanted her like he wanted his next breath, that was all he could think of right now, however, the intensity with which she kissed him was making him reconsider his decision to take things slow.

“Martha.” Somewhere in his consciousness, alex heard his father’s annoying voice calling for Martha, but neither could stop kissing each other long enough to find out if Omari had called out to Martha, however, some seconds later, he called out again, “Martha.”

This time, Martha had the sense of mind to push Alex away. They both stare at each other; him, with wild desire and barely held in restraint and she with some hybrid of shock and disbelief, heavy breaths left their lungs as they tried to get back what they had lost in their kiss. Alex took a step forward, unwilling to walk away without having another taste of her lips, but his meddling father broke the bond with one call of Martha’s name.

This time, she responded, “Yes, sir. I’m coming.”

Without a word to him, Alex watched her briskly walk away from him with a speed that would have been comical if he wasn’t a little miffed that his father had ruined the moment. He let out a long sigh once he was alone and buried his face in his hands; he was going in way over his head. He hadn’t wanted to admit it before, but after that kiss, Alex was now certain this was no game anymore. He wanted something with Martha, something he had never thought of having with another woman and the mere thought of it scared him.

8 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2018
This story is great but inconsistency of updates is killing it. Alex has found a wife,
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by gal10(f): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
Awww see who dropped a silent one for us! Thank you shocked kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Yeah yeah... U rocks Safarigirl

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / Kukere Sisters: Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.