Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Mending Fences (romance) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mending Fences (romance) (76524 Views)

Poem - Mending Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 10:27am On Jun 13, 2018
ope oooo thank God nice update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Tank you oooooooooooo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2018
Safarigirl tanx a lot for d update, pls tell us wen to expect d next update coz d inconsistency is really killing dis nice story I can't even remember who Donald is again even d Yvette and Lovette

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2018
OP u are highly welicomu.

Tanks a lot for the update. Oya more
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2018
Kaycee9242:
Safarigirl tanx a lot for d update, pls tell us wen to expect d next update coz d inconsistency is really killing dis nice story I can't even remember who Donald is again even d Yvette and Lovette

Broz Donald is Alex dad gateman while Yvette is Alex sister

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
skubido:

Broz Donald is Alex dad gateman while Yvette is Alex sister

Tanx a lot I didn't remember d gate man has a name self, plenty things full man head

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Kaycee9242:

Tanx a lot I didn't remember d gate man has a name self, plenty things full man head

Tank God..

OP abeg come sama us another update oooo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by harjibolar10(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
Welcome back ma'am, how was the exam?

it's good to have you back thou
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yonce(f): 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
Bless your heart for the story Safarigirl. Please where can we re-read Jaiye and Lanre's story. This update makes me wanna run back to relive that story.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
Welcome Back Ma'am.Fire On
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2018
Yonce:

Bless your heart for the story Safarigirl. Please where can we re-read Jaiye and Lanre's story. This update makes me wanna run back to relive that story.
Exactly, me too
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2018

Lovett looked over at Alex from underneath her lashes.

Why was he just sitting there, staring at her?

He had served her a dish of plantain with egg sauce and a sausage. She had to admit, the food was nice, especially considering he had just whipped it up. She wasn’t sure how to act around him, finding him at the door was one thing, but when he offered to prepare something she could eat, she had been shocked. No, not offered, he had insisted. She was fine with not eating whenever she came home this late from school, she was always too tired to cook and there was never anything in the house. This was a different welcome.

She hadn’t assumed she would meet him here, the last time she saw him was about seven years ago, she had just gotten into secondary school back then and didn’t know what to make of the grumpy 23-year old in her father’s house. Seven years later, and she still didn’t know what to make of him.

Yvette said he was an insufferable fool who wished to see their father dead, while Omari wasn’t particularly her favourite person in the world, she couldn’t imagine wishing him dead. That was just wrong…and sick.

“Enjoying the food?” he asked.

“It’s fine.” She responded plainly

He seemed lively, much more talkative than she remembered him to be. She wondered what changed in seven years and why he was even here to begin with. He had gotten into a big fight with their father on his last visit and told him he would only see him when he had to lower his coffin into a grave. The last she checked, they hadn’t gotten a coffin for their father, even less, lowering him into the grave

“So, how’s school?”

“It’s fine.” She replied monotonously, still unsure of his motive for making conversation

He nodded, “Okay, well….I’ve cleared up the kitchen already, you’ll have to deal with your plate though.” He smiled- it looked good on him, she couldn’t remember him ever smiling, but she thought he should do it more, “I should go now, I guess you can handle yourself from here.”

She nodded in the affirmative, a bit glad that he was finally leaving her to herself, “Yes”

“Well, goodnight then.” He got to his feet and walked past her toward his room, it had always been his room. It was the second biggest room in the house after the Master’s bedroom and their father never let anyone else stay in it, but Alex. Three years ago, she had suggested to him that she move in and redecorate the place, thinking Alex would never come back, the humour had washed off their father’s face and he told her in very harsh words that the room would never belong to her, it was his son’s room, he said, besides, she had no business asking for a change of rooms, considering she would be married off in a matter of years. She had been so pissed off back then; she wondered what was so special about Alex that made their father cherish him so much. The man clearly had a favourite child and it was the one who loved him the least

She turned around once he had walked past her, “Alex.” She called, his name sounded foreign on her tongue, maybe because she rarely used it. he turned his head to her, “Thank you.” She said

He smiled once again, “You’re welcome.” He responded and then continued on his way

Lovett went back to the meal, feeling less tense. Hopefully, things would be a little less awkward between them than it had been seven years ago.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
Welcome back from a long break of no updates. i believe u will make up for the long time no updates.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update. Jah bless
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 7:01am On Jun 20, 2018
Yonce:

sorry for my late reply dear

That story is up for sale on okadabooks

This is the link http://okadabooks.com/book/about/in_his_memory__adult_only_18/16661

Cc queenite

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
safarigirl:
sorry for my late reply dear

That story is up for sale on okadabooks

This is the link http://okadabooks.com/book/about/in_his_memory__adult_only_18/16661

Cc queenite
Thanks ma

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 9:23am On Jul 07, 2018
Safarigirl tanx for d update, truly d inconsistency of dis nice story has killed it, ppl don't read it any more. Too bad
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
OP whr are u? Hope all is well
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ann2012(f): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Good morning Safarigirl

Biko come and update oooo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nawtiblayse(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2018
*in olamide's voice* update update update safarigirl update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nawtiblayse:
*in olamide's voice* update update update safarigirl update
sorry guys.

I've been very busy the past two weeks and this week isn't any better. I will update as soon as I can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by teanumi(f): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
so these story is still on nawah oo
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
safarigirl:
sorry guys.

I've been very busy the past two weeks and this week isn't any better. I will update as soon as I can

OK o,, tanks for replying us. God will continue to help you
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by izaray(f): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Op nice story

Waithing for more update, God bless!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by amiablejudy(f): 3:03am On Jul 16, 2018
Hi,hope you are good.Please let us see your updates.Take care
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
OP how u dey na,,, wetin dey happen
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
e don tay na,, plz comma update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by gennysq(f): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Anoda abandoned great story sad
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
Chai nawaooo I thought update has landed
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
OP this not good oo, you use to come online,, you don't even border to reply us..

If ator u are busy, no big deal,, telling us will b better, than you reading our comment and keep mute.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Kaycee9242(m): 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
skubido:
OP this not good oo, you use to come online,, you don't even border to reply us..

If ator u are busy, no big deal,, telling us will b better, than you reading our comment and keep mute.

D tin is terrible
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by skubido(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2018
OP but Nawa for you ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / Kukere Sisters: Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.