Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 (17533 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the SemiFinals?

Arsenal FC: 43% (43 votes)
Barcelona: 56% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

UCL : FC Copenhagen Vs Chelsea [0 - 2] On Tue 22nd February 2011 / Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April / Manchester United Vs Chelsea [1 - 2] On Saturday 3rd April 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by HNIC(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2010
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "We had chances, but when you have players like Lionel Messi you pay for any mistakes you make. He's the best player in the world by a large distance. He's not always in the game, but when he gets on the ball he's unstoppable. When he changes direction at such pace no-one can stay with him. Congratulations to Barcelona, they are better than us."

Ha ha ha
Wenger 'saw' it grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by tkb417(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Marco
How do u mean Madrid sodomized us over 2 legs
I tot UTD won the game @ OT 4-3
So what's are u saying?

Anyway, I got ur point. Messi can do what he did tonite to any team ( if you allow it)
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by nomoreface: 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2010
HNIC:

No way
I know they are a good footballing side
But I didn't for once think we could be defeated.
We were guilty of 'freezing' in the 1st game
and outclassed by Messi in the 2nd game.
Like tkb417, we stood little chance with 5 key players out injured!

excuse! excuse!! excuse!!!
at least its no more
, we are building a new stadium
, our boys are young

now its missing 5 key players!

i'm sure u'll win the emirates cup again this season grin cheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by doyin13(m): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
marco74. . .I share your disgust jare.  grin grin

Fergie wanted to play a fast one in the match last year.

Quickly score like Scholes did the year previously
and sit back to defend the lead.

To think the so called Genius would set his stall so ridiculously.

After their initial gra gra, we were living witnesses to the adage
''man pass man''.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Sauron1: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
marco74:

@Sauron-your way of analysing football is beyond me!!I made a reference to it sometime ago!!Can't u be objective once your team is involved??I'm a gunner thru and thru,and i had little hope we could turn this around.Yeah we were outclassed by Barca and Messi.He did same to you in the finals,and u come out and say he was quiet apart from the goal he scored!!The other time u said Barca wouldn't av won if it was a 2-legged affair??U were outclassed in the biggest club match in Europe,yet u can come up with a reason??

Put a cock in your rotten mouth.
Barcelona played you for 90 mins and scored 4 goals. They played against Man Utd for 90 mins and scored 2 goals.
Besides that, United eliminated em the previous season so what have you got to say - Barca(including Messi + Henry + Etoo) couldn't score a single goal against United for 180 mins. They scored 6 goals against Arsenal in the same time-frame.

our logic is more often than not baffling!!okay Messi scored 4 against us today,u 4got el fenomenon scored a hat=trick against you at old trafford??Madrid sodomized man u over the 2 legs that year remember?
FAUX!!!!!

U dont have memory.
Man Utd still won the game 4-3 and yes, Ronaldo was bang in form in that game.
When he got subbed, 75.000 Man Utd fans applauded his brilliance. . . ,  United still won the game on the night but lost on aggregate.

Piece of advice,it's not a sign of weakness to own up when u r well and truly beaten,which is what i've (and hope objective arsenal fans) will do!!
Remember what SAF said about Xavi b4 the UCL final?? "I don't think he is ever given the ball away in his life"and by the way Rooney said he believed Iniesta was the best player in the world after that match!!
Lets see what happens 2moro!

Shut up your mouth and go n nurse your bleeding rectum.
Messi sodomised your team with 4 goals and you are here quoting what SAF said abot Xavi and what Wazza said about Iniesta.
What has that gotta do with Wenger's failure again in European football?

14 seasons in charge of Arsenal and nothing to show for it in Europe
6 seasons without a league title.
5 seasons without any title.
Arsenal fans should go hug a transformer and stop being BITTER.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by HNIC(m): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
BlueDiva:

Another empty trophy cabinet.
How long will this go on?
At least, it can't go on for 50 years!!! cool
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
bodejohn:

We lost, so what?
Could barca pull through without messi, ibra, alves?
I am a proud Arsernal fan even with the loss!
okay i hav gud news 4 u.d score line was an april fool.hw abt dat?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by vicade(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2010
We lost to the best Player in the Galaxy(Includes Aliens and People on Mars)

Haters are welcome to have a field day but it was a Decent Arsenal Performance considering the Absence of {ARSHAVIN/RVP/FABREGAS/GALLAS/SONG}
in an Away Game

This is not an Excuse but Barca were nothing without Messi Tonight.

GUNNER FOR LIFE. cheesy

p.s. i Reckon Barca will win the champions League Again
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by doyin13(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2010
HNIC:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "We had chances, but when you have players like Lionel Messi you pay for any mistakes you make. He's the best player in the world by a large distance. He's not always in the game, but when he gets on the ball he's unstoppable. When he changes direction at such pace no-one can stay with him. Congratulations to Barcelona, they are better than us."

Ha ha ha
Wenger 'saw' it grin

lol. . .this is the first time I have ever heard Wenger be magnanimous
in any way and praise his opponents.

I feel for him really, his main ability is spotting talent. He is not the world's
best in game strategist at all though.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Sauron1: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
doyin13:

marco74. . .I share your disgust jare.  grin grin

Fergie wanted to play a fast one in the match last year.

Quickly score like Scholes did the year previously
and sit back to defend the lead.

To think the so called Genius would set his stall so ridiculously.

After their initial gra gra, we were living witnesses to the adage
''man pass man''.

Rant all you can. . . .
SAF eliminated Barcelona in 2007/8 without conceding a single goal.
Until any other manager achieves that, y'all are spewing balderdash.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by HNIC(m): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
marco74:

@Sauron-your way of analysing football is beyond me!!I made a reference to it sometime ago!!Can't u be objective once your team is involved??I'm a gunner thru and thru,and i had little hope we could turn this around.Yeah we were outclassed by Barca and Messi.He did same to you in the finals,and u come out and say he was quiet apart from the goal he scored!!The other time u said Barca wouldn't av won if it was a 2-legged affair??U were outclassed in the biggest club match in Europe,yet u can come up with a reason??Your logic is more often than not baffling!!okay Messi scored 4 against us today,u 4got el fenomenon scored a hat=trick against you at old trafford??Madrid sodomized man u over the 2 legs that year remember?
Piece of advice,it's not a sign of weakness to own up when u r well and truly beaten,which is what i've (and hope objective arsenal fans) will do!!
Remember what SAF said about Xavi b4 the UCL final?? "I don't think he is ever given the ball away in his life"and by the way Rooney said he believed Iniesta was the best player in the world after that match!!
Lets see what happens 2moro!

@Marco
You dey mind Sauron?
He once said Manucho was the African Pele grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Sauron1: 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
HNIC:

@Marco
You dey mind Sauron?
He once said Manucho was the African Pele grin

Yea!!!
He outscored Drogba, Kanoute, Etoo and other African players in CAF 2008.
Isn't that a mark of Pele?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by chelseabmw(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
[size=13pt]lol[/size]
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by marco74(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
@TBK417-de result of de second leg was academic.It was over as a contest by the time u scored the last 2 goals!!u don't av 2 agree with me.when was the last time OT faithfuls gave an opposing team player a standing ovation?!!Go and watch de tape again,and se what I mean!U saying "messi can do this 2 any team if allowed 2" is the weakest I've heard in a while if I'm been generous really!!I guess Brazil in the 98 finals against France allowed Zidane to dominate,Germany and England allowed Diego 2 dominate in 86,Leverkusen allowed Zidane to score that goal in the UCL finals!U see how ur argument stands??!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by rikkyjen(m): 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
doyin13:

lol. . .this is the first time I have ever heard Wenger be magnanimous
in any way and praise his opponents.

I feel for him really, his main ability is spotting talent. He is not the world's
best in game strategist at all though.

And first time he would ever complete a statement without including "We were not sharp enough"  grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
CHEI MAKE UNA TAKE AM EASY ON THE GAYNNERS OOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by sweetguy10(m): 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
How  can I console a Weeping Hausa Arsenal Fan , he wants to die here ooooooo pLSSSS i need your help
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by HNIC(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Yea!!!

Pele ko, Puskas ni
Meanwhile where's Anderson
Injured or just can't make the team anymore embarassed
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by nomoreface: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2010
vicade:

We lost to the best Player in the Galaxy(Includes Aliens and People on Mars)

Haters are welcome to have a field day but it was a Decent Arsenal Performance considering the Absence of {ARSHAVIN/RVP/FABREGAS/GALLAS/SONG}
in an Away Game

This is not an Excuse but Barca were nothing without Messi Tonight.

GUNNER FOR LIFE. cheesy

p.s. i Reckon Barca will win the champions League Again

Tot u said arsenal will win?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by vicade(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2010
GUYS FOCUS.

Tonight is about Messi not some Man utd, ego or Arsenal excuses.

Talk about MESSI MESSI MESSI

Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almuni[/b]a: "I think he's the best player I've ever faced and[b] he's the best player in the world, yeah. It's very difficult to stop someone who has so many skills like that, who can do whatever they want with the ball."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenge[/b]r: "We had chances, but when you have players like Lionel Messi you pay for any mistakes you make. H[b]e's the best player in the world by a large distance. He's not always in the game, but when he gets on the ball he's unstoppable. When he changes direction at such pace no-one can stay with him. Congratulations to Barcelona, they are better than us."

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner: "If you are going to lose a game, you want to do it by another team playing you off the pitch. We did well, but they were just too strong. Lionel is a phenomenal player and he showed it again tonight.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by marco74(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Sauron-i'd be bringing myself 2 ur level if i exchange insults with u!You know what they say about pple who don't have solid ground to stand on when discussing issues??they result to insults and name calling!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Sauron1: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2010
HNIC:

Pele ko, Puskas ni
Meanwhile where's Anderson
Injured or just can't make the team anymore embarassed

Worry more about Denilson that was sexually-molested by Busquets and Pedro.
Anderson has won a Champions League medal - something Wenger is yet to achieve in his moronic life. grin grin grin grin

marco74:

@Sauron-i'd be bringing myself 2 your level if i exchange insults with u!You know what they say about pple who don't have solid ground to stand on when discussing issues??they result to insults and name calling!!

Look at this plonker, do i know you from adam?
This is Nairaland, whatever you say can be/will be used against you.

U lied Real Madrid whupped us at OT - A genius like you should know better.
I don't have time haggling over pederasts who cannot get their facts right.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2010
Lord know Barca can never spank CFC 4-1 in modern era.
I feel really ashamed for them Gaynners.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Gunnaz007: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Yea!!!

Go and think of how you will upturn Bayern's victory over your team in the second leg tomoro; the last time i checked, chelsea whuped your ass well; and u are here making noise!!!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by nateevs(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Debo, @Ritchboy, @HNIC. .

Told y'all I will be back.
What sayeth thou now?

I honestly did not like the match and the whole set-up . . I thot it was too Messi. .  grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by doyin13(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Yea!!!

Sauron. . .lol.

Did you really say that.

Hmmm, . . . I hope Diouf scores four goals in a match soon.

I am sure you will conclude. . . .''Don't be a pederast. . . .Diouf is as good as Messi''  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by bgees(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2010
BlueDiva:

true.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by vicade(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Anderson has won a Champions League medal - something Wenger is yet to celebrate. grin grin grin grin

So has Kanu. Ronaldo de Lima has never won the Champions League and he is the Best player ever after Messi cheesy

All of the Chelsea squad have never won the Champions League bar Ferriera,Deco and Carvalho.

WENGER IS A GREAT MANAGER,HATE IT OR LOVE IT.

Messi Messi Messi. Messi Beaucoup
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by HNIC(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Anderson has won a Champions League medal - something Wenger is yet to celebrate. grin grin grin grin

Nope, they didn't do much.
It was all about the little Argentine.
BlueDiva:

4-1
1-1
You were still knocked out of the competition.
Now remind us, what were the scores when Tevez and co visited you at that dilapidated bridge?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by Sauron1: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
Gunnaz007:

Go and think of how you will upturn Bayern's victory over your team in the second leg tomoro; the last time i checked, chelsea whuped your backside well; and u are here making noise!!!!

We have nothing to prove.
United reached 2 European finals back to back. . . . .even if we get eliminated tomorrow - it ain't the end of the world.
WE WON IT few seasons ago.

Arsenal fans, where is your Champions League trophy? grin

vicade:

So has Kanu. Ronaldo de Lima has never won the Champions League and he is the Best player ever after Messi cheesy

All of the Chelsea squad have never won the Champions League bar Ferriera,Deco and Carvalho.

WENGER IS A GREAT MANAGER,HATE IT OR LOVE IT.

Messi Messi Messi. Messi Beaucoup

Kanu and Ronaldo de Lima did not have 14 years time-frame to win the Champions League.
Wenger is a FAILURE. grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by abrahym(m): 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
so arsenal is out? too bad.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 by debosky(m): 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
nateevs:

@Debo, @Ritchboy, @HNIC. .

Told y'all I will be back.
What sayeth thou now?

I honestly did not like the match and the whole set-up . . I thot it was too Messi. .  grin grin

Fair enough Nateevs, you were RIGHT.  wink

BlueDiva:

Keep saying that to yourselves - ordinary Wigan beat you 3-0. Which is the bigger disgrace? Some of y'all have an amazing capacity for daft commentary.

I guess the lack of a 'spanking' got you past Barca last year?  

Congratulations for winning the 'Barca can never spank us 4-1' title.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho / Manchester City Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) ON 26th December 2013 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 11th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.