Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (15337 Views)

My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria / I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera / Infinix Mobility Partners With Jumia, Slot To Launch Hot 5, Lite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
NowisGod109:

How about Gionee, do they have office in Nigeria too so I don't get stranded when I buy their phone

Gionee have been around in Nigeria for a while. They have outlets in Lagos, I don't know about other states; and their parts are readily available too
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by tonyeb2k(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
tonyeb2k:
Jumia is indeed a scam, I ordered for clothes from them on the 28/9/2017, the items where delivered to their pickup station, went to pick them, I got home to open the package, I found out that the clothes where not the same thing I ordered for, called their customer service and made a complain about the items, I was told to return items to their pick up station which I did on the 16/10/2017. I was notified that the items have been picked for verification. I have called their customer service several times and mailed them for my refund, going to two months now, they haven't refunded me neither have they said anything. Jumia is a scam
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Einl(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
dreamworld:

You are not making sense bro, you need some orientation

They guy made complete sense. He made wonderful sense.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by ityP(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
EBUBS:
IT'S OK OO. I JUST GOT LEECO S3 FROM THEM OO. DON'T WANNA HEAR STORIES THAT TOUCH

What's ur review of the phone especially battery wise?
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by olasaad(f): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
NowisGod109:

How about Gionee, do they have office in Nigeria too so I don't get stranded when I buy their phone

Yes they have
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Melvinsofty: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
EBUBS:
IT'S OK OO. I JUST GOT LEECO S3 FROM THEM OO. DON'T WANNA HEAR STORIES THAT TOUCH
You are lucky my order was cancelled after waiting for a whole week sent me a mail they are going to refund... Am so so angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by ddpstudios: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
katman9x:
This is just a post to rant and rave so pardon me. I recently bought a phone from Jumia during this November black Friday. A Homtom HT50. Specs were lovely and reviews both here and abroad were great. So me thinking Jumia was a great place to shop, (note I am a regular buyer from them and have advertised to friends and colleagues how good they are), saw the phone and ordered it. Immeadiately the phone came? I fell in love. Beautiful and sleek.
The problem started on the 8th day after the 7 days return policy expired. The screen went blank and crashed and refused to come on. I already knew the refund period had expired but I expected at least a warranty on the product. Low and behold, apparently the phone comes with no warranty. And they don't list that on the website. It's a Chinese phone so parts might be a bit hard to come by. To contact the seller who is a local? Let's see if there can be a swap?
Now this is where the second problem lies. Jumia has been unhelpful in resolving this. I have emailed them and called several times and the customer care keeps on looking at the problem like its the first time they are hearing about it despite my complaints being on record. They promise to look into it then promptly send me a mail telling me complaint resolved and if I'm happy with the solution.
After a week of me being the one to mostly contact them on an almost daily basis, they finally tell me since there is no warranty? They'll link me up with a service provider but I'll have to pay for the phone repair myself. I agreed based on the fact that the fee shouldn't be too high? Upon locating the service provider in Port Harcourt, I realize it's Carl care under Slots who confirm they don't service that brand of phones.
Since then? Contacting Jumia has been a problem as they don't seem to be interested and I am now stuck with a 33K phone which I've only used for 1 week roughly. The least they could have done is either link me up with the seller, swap the phone with another or at least be sure they have a legitimate service provider before selling such products.
The lesson learnt here with JUMIA is simply, though I will probably still continue to buy with them? I guess their reliability isn't worth s**t. Thank you for listening
black Friday is an opportunity for big Nigerian companies to sell their old or fake products that's what a friend told me. She worked at Jumia and she knows all the tricks they can pull on a day Like that cry cry cry But she can't do anything, only feel sorry for the victims.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by iliyande(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
dreamworld:

You are not making sense bro, you need some orientation

I knew that guy as tecno/Infinix/infiniti agent from day one in nairaland... Check his profile...
You don't buy phone just because you see good reviews op

Here I've used
LeEco x500
Cube talk 9x since 2014
Now Mi max 2
Never a day I had an issue with it.

People should stop forcing all this local phones on us simply because they have customer care here that are rearly functional.

I got my cube talk 9x screen fixed without stress.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
but jumia didn't spoil your phone.

What exactly do you want jumia to do in this case?
Refund the money from their pocket?
You do realize that jumia is not the one making these phones?

I of cos don't expect them to refund. But they should be able to either meet the seller and swap the phone or give an option of fixing it as per selling products they can vouch can be fixed. As it is? Even checking AliExpress for the parts is proving difficult. So back to my point, I have a phone 1 week of usage that can't be fixed apparently in Nigeria
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EvilMetahuman: 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
katman9x:

I of cos don't expect them to refund. But they should be able to either meet the seller and swap the phone or give an option of fixing it as per selling products they can vouch can be fixed. As it is? Even checking AliExpress for the parts is proving difficult. So back to my point, I have a phone 1 week of usage that can't be fixed apparently in Nigeria
but the terms and conditions were clearly written before you bought the phone right?

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by iliyande(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
ityP:

That phone is very good at that amount but batterywise..? I will rate it average
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by guji12(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
mikool007:
so you stop buying online because of jumia, you are just limiting your self
I should limit myself o.. ND go directly to shops nd select what ever I want.. AND STILL BID DOWN PRICE
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by queenfav(f): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kpele bros. That's why i order gadgets from aliexpress. Even though leeco x626 phone was on sale on jumia for 38k, i still preferred aliexpress and ordered it at 40k. When you buy there from a premium rated seller, you have peace of mind, plus aliexpress buyer protection.
That's why Nigeria cannot be great, what stops jumia from connecting you with the seller?It's quite sad though, take heart. Recently i ordered wedding rings from a jewelry shop on aliexpress. When it arrived (took two weeks and some days), one wasn't a size 8 it was a 7(too small for my finger) .I quickly sent the seller a message, with pictures showing the difference in size for both rings sent.

He told me shipping is expensive so tthey can give me a replacement if I make a small order, so both can be shipped together, or they can give me a discount voucher .I loved that ring and need it badly for my wedding, so I ended up buying two more rings and seller agreed to ship them with the ring that was too small. I even got to keep the small ring, and still they are sending me another with a gift for my patronage .

That's how it should be, see how they made amends that at the end of the day, everyone goes home happy!If na konga or jumia that money don go o. They would never offer to compensate you in any way! The day i read the terms and conditions for jumia overseas shipping policy, i knew it would be a big mistake to order anything ..

Anyways, try to get the phone fixed from these independent phone repairers. It is well!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by mikool007(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
guji12:

I should limit myself o.. ND go directly to shops nd select what ever I want.. AND STILL BID DOWN PRICE
who is talking about shop, do you know how many things you can get online that are not even in this country, being cautious is good but when you deprive yourself that is a life half lived
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EBUBS(m): 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
ityP:

Hasn't gotten to me yet
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
iliyande:

I knew that guy as tecno/Infinix/infiniti agent from day one in nairaland... Check his profile...
You don't buy phone just because you see good reviews op

Here I've used
LeEco x500
Cube talk 9x since 2014
Now Mi max 2
Never a day I had an issue with it.

People should stop forcing all this local phones on us simply because they have customer care here that are rearly functional.

I got my cube talk 9x screen fixed without stress.

Lol, typical nairalander mentality, anyone that has a different opinion is now tagged as an agent. U think TSTV can't offer what they promised, u are tagged DStv agent, u think glo network is slow u automatically become MTN agent, u think u would rather buy Tecno than import an unknown phone from China then u automatically become a Tecno agent lol.

Anyway, below is my phone, it's left for u to judge whether it's Tecno or infinix. Just because I don't use Tecno doesn't mean I'll shy away from the truth, if I cannot afford a Samsung or other high end flagship phones then I'll buy a Tecno or infinix than shop some unlowno brand from China. Go check my comments, I've critisized Tecno and infinix especially when those fanboys start comparing their phantom 8 to Galaxy S8. I've also praised them when some folks try to downgrade them unjustly.

And who is forcing a phone on u? Use whatever rocks ur boat, is it not ur money? I've used a bunch of phones, LG, HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Apple, infinix,, Tecno. Does that make me an agent of all those companies? And I use a teclast x16 power tablet (Google it) that I ordered from China. Been using it for 2 yrs now, best tablet I've ever used. Expensive but worth it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EBUBS(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Melvinsofty:

You are lucky my order was cancelled after waiting for a whole week sent me a mail they are going to refund... Am so so angry
Please oo. Don't wanna hear stories that touch
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by queenfav(f): 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
-----LIST OF GIONEE SERVICE CENTERS NATIONWIDE
Gionee Head Office : LAGOS
Address : Suite B12, Asset Corp Plaza; 21 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos.
Engineer Name : Justine/Ekeh Thaddeus Ndubuisi
Phone: 07068732240/08092801972
PORT HARCOURT (NEW):
Address : 289 Aba Road. 1st Artillery Bus Stop Beside Eco Bank Rumuogba, Port Harcourt
Engineer Name : Anikwenwa Stanley Maduka
Phone: 09034793226
BENIN
Address : 47, Mall Of America, Airport Road, Benin City Edo State
Engineer Name : Kelvin Shanu
Phone: 08066407560
WARRI
Address : Plot 34, Old NPA Staff Qtrs. Airport Road Beside AJ Takeway, Warri
Engineer Name : Dotie .O. Godspower
Phone: 08067100363
ABA (Abia)
Address : 36 ST. Micheal’s Road Aba, Abia State
Engineer Name : Temple Nsofor
Phone: 07032785755
ONITSHA
Address : D50 City Shopping Plaza, No. 13/40 Nottage By Okwe Street Main Market Onitsha, Anambra State.
Engineer Name : Uchejigbo Kizito N
Phone: 08036660327
ABUJA
Address : BS 202 Old Banex Plaza Wuse 2 Abuja
Engineer Name : Kehinde John
Phone: 08062424371
KADUNA
Address : Chyzon Plaza M2 Ahmadu Bello Way Kaduna
Engineer Name : Lawrence Emeka Onwuma
Phone: 08036307536
JOS
Address : No. 11 Ahmadu Bello Way, Jos Buletz Shop, Jos
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by iliyande(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol, typical nairalander mentality, anyone that has a different opinion is now tagged as an agent. U think TSTV can't offer what they promised, u are tagged DStv agent, u think glo network is slow u automatically become MTN agent, u think u would rather buy Tecno than import an unknown phone from China then u automatically become a Tecno agent lol.

Anyway, below is my phone, it's left for u to judge whether it's Tecno or infinix. Just because I don't use Tecno doesn't mean I'll shy away from the truth, if I cannot afford a Samsung or other high end flagship phones then I'll buy a Tecno or infinix than shop some unlowno brand from China. Go check my comments, I've critisized Tecno and infinix especially when those fanboys start comparing their phantom 8 to Galaxy S8. I've also praised them when some folks try to downgrade them unjustly.

That should be your view and opinion not telling people what to buy...

I once owned a phantom A, Phantom z Tecno D5 and W3...
My last Tecno was phantom z, that was when I bet never to buy a tecno again..
Guess what? When I got problem with the screen and I took it to Banex Plaza Tecno CC and I was told to pay 25k and to come back in next 3weeks.??

I left them and abandoned the phone as a toy to my son and started new phone hunt and it actually paid off when I discovered LeEco. After discovering that phone I now also search for the availability/price of the parts online until I make a decision. I used it for some years and gave it out and till today the phone is looking newer.

Now I am a proud owner of Xiaomi MI Max 2. The phone is waxing stronger day to day serving me wellllllaaa. So it is not a person like me u will advise to go for your tecno instead of the likes of xiaomi, LeEco, OnePlus, zte huawei etc.

A phone does not have cc in Nigeria doesn't mean that it is a bad product. Just advise the op to make a wise decision shekena.

Check below my screenshot

3 Likes

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by ray48: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
if you don't want to get stranded, buy infinix or tecno. They are the only ones with shops everywhere.
Or more popular brands like samsung etc.

Gionee or whatever probably only have shop in lagos which I'm sure its functioning.

Gionee has a service centre in Lagos pls
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by EvilMetahuman: 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
ray48:

Gionee has a service centre in Lagos pls
read the post you quoted again.

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
iliyande:

That should be your view and opinion not telling people what to buy...

I once owned a phantom A, Phantom z Tecno D5 and W3...
My last Tecno was phantom z, that was when I bet never to buy a tecno again..
Guess what? When I got problem with the screen and I took it to Banex Plaza Tecno CC and I was told to pay 25k and to come back in next 3weeks.??

I left them and abandoned the phone as a toy to my son and started new phone hunt and it actually paid off when I discovered LeEco. After discovering that phone I now also search for the availability/price of the parts online until I make a decision. I used it for some years and gave it out and till today the phone is looking newer.

Now I am a proud owner of Xiaomi MI Max 2. The phone is waxing stronger day to day serving me wellllllaaa. So it is not a person like me u will advise to go for your tecno instead of the likes of xiaomi, LeEco, OnePlus, zte huawei etc.

A phone does not have cc in Nigeria doesn't mean that it is a bad product. Just advise the op to make a wise decision shekena.

Check below my screenshot

And that is why u think I'm a Tecno agent? lol. Dude I was speaking for myself.. and by the way just look at the phones u are calling.. Tecno W3, Tecno D5.. wtf.. are those ones phones? That is what u are comparing with Xiaomi Mi max 2? C'mon u fit compare AC with fan? LeECO, HAUWEI, OnePlus, ZTE, Xiaomi are renowned smarphone makers with reputations. A flagship One plus is sold for $500, same price as Nokia 8 and some Hauwei and ZTE phones aren't cheap, great quality though. But when u start calling unknow names like Homton, umidigi, etc then that's something else.

And I am not against ordering a phone from abroad, I ordered my tablet online .. but When it fails I don't expect the buyer to cry fowl and start complaining that he was scammed or he can't find the parts. That's one of the things u face when u order for a product that is not available in this country. I have already changed the touchscreen and keyboard case of my tablet when they failed, I had to order online and waited 3 weeks to get delivered. Below u will find screenshot of my tablet.

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by iliyande(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

And that is why u think I'm a Tecno agent? lol. Dude I was speaking for myself.. and by the way just look at the phones u are calling.. Tecno W3, Tecno D5.. wtf.. are those ones phones? That is what u are comparing with [b]Xiaomi Mi max 2? C'mon u fit compare AC with fan? LeECO, HAUWEI, OnePlus, ZTE, Xiaomi [/b]are renowned smarphone makers with reputations. A flagship One plus is sold for $500, same price as Nokia 8 and some Hauwei and ZTE phones aren't cheap, great quality though. But when u start calling unknow names like Homton, umidigi, etc then that's something else.

And I am not against ordering a phone from abroad, I ordered my tablet online .. but When it fails I don't expect the buyer to cry fowl and start complaining that he was scammed or he can't find the parts. That's one of the things u face when u order for a product that is not available in this country. I have already changed the touchscreen and keyboard case of my tablet when they failed, I had to order online and waited 3 weeks to get delivered. Below u will find screenshot of my tablet.

Mind you, I also mentioned phantom Z grin
What I want you to understand is that you should be specific in your argument.....
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
iliyande:

Mind you, I also mentioned phantom Z grin
What I want you to understand is that you should be specific in your argument.....

The one that needs to be specific is u and u need to end this ur mentality of tagging everyone that doesn't have the same view as u an 'agent'.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by chidekings(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
if you don't want to get stranded, buy infinix or tecno. They are the only ones with shops everywhere.
Or more popular brands like samsung etc.

Gionee or whatever probably only have shop in lagos which I'm sure its functioning.

Speak of what your sure of,young man
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Emmoa(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
I ordered a Bontel E11 phone on 23rd November and d screen went blank d next day . I asked for a return and filled d return form on 24th. I received an email yesterday saying request canceled, that I didn't return item on time. No calls,no emails from dem before hand.They were suppose to call me for pick up. They set me up and brainwashed me. D painful part is dat d phone is for a woman I ordered for. SCAMMED
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Onyemaboy(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
There is always something behind cheap articles that makes it cheap. Always have this in mind while going for some cheap things or things with some discounts.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
Emmoa:
I ordered a Bontel E11 phone on 23rd November and d screen went blank d next day . I asked for a return and filled d return form on 24th. I received an email yesterday saying request canceled, that I didn't return item on time. No calls,no emails from dem before hand.They were suppose to call me for pick up. They set me up and brainwashed me. D painful part is dat d phone is for a woman I ordered for. SCAMMED

Wow, this one is serious. U were supposed to be calling them everyday to disturb them since u know return policy is limited. U can't just call them once and then relax, the person u talked to might forget to take up ur case. This is Nigeria where things need a lot of pressure before they can work.

Back in 2015 I bought a PS4 from Konga. On delivery I powered it on and it wasn't working. Tried everything I could the damn console wouldn't come up. I called Konga to lay my complain they said they will look into it. The next morning I called again and then again in the evening. They asked me to take it to one of their offices the next day, I went there and after checking everything in the box was complete, they gave me a return acknowledgement receipt and said they will get back to me. next day I called again and later an agent called me telling me they will refund me. After like 2 days I got my refund.

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by iliyande(m): 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
Emmoa:

Oboyy I never heard of that phone before grin
I just checked and it looks expensive shocked
The name can not be found in aliexpress ooo
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by iliyande(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

The one that needs to be specific is u and u need to end this ur mentality of tagging everyone that doesn't have the same view as u an 'agent'.

This is my first time of tagging someone an agent and it is with a reason...
You are defending those brands as if your daily pay depends on them. Not today but I've been observing it for a while.

Your reasons for people to stick to phones with customers care reps here in Nigeria is not enough for telling them to avoid Chinese brands. Some of us have tested and we are not going back....

I expected you to advise people to go for a better brands not generalizing all Chinese phones as fake or sub-standard.

The truth of those cc centres is that, they can charge you close to the amount you bought the phone with. And after the payment you may even wait for some weeks (if not longer than the period of shipping from abroad) to claim your phone again.

I am not tempted to buy any local brands after testing those beautiful phones from China.

1 Like

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by dingbang(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Theives
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by seyema(m): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
greenhulk:

And who is forcing a phone on u? Use whatever rocks ur boat, is it not ur money? I've used a bunch of phones, LG, HTC, Nokia, Samsung, Apple, infinix,, Tecno. Does that make me an agent of all those companies? And I use a teclast x16 power tablet (Google it) that I ordered from China. Been using it for 2 yrs now, best tablet I've ever used. Expensive but worth it.
All I see here is ranting and ranting and ranting.
Honesty, nobody care about whatever phone you use. It simply your cup of tea. And how is xiaomi an unknown brand from China? Do you even use Google at all and advising someone to continue using tecno and buying from those nonsense jumia store and you still want people to believe that you are not one of their agents?
Honestly, next time try and think very well before you start typing rubbish on public forum like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Stop Unfortunately Ppsspp Has Stopped When Playing Pes 2018 / Live Pictures From TECNO Debut At The Mobile World Congress (MWC2023) Barcelona / Detailed Hands On Review Of Tecno N7, Videos & Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.