Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (15335 Views)

My Terrible Experience Shopping With Jumia Nigeria / I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera / Infinix Mobility Partners With Jumia, Slot To Launch Hot 5, Lite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by blaizy: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
ahbeg does iland have customer care in nigeria i want to buy iland genesys 3..HELP
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Dreigh: 12:56am On Jan 08, 2018
bros exactly the same problem with my own too oh. i just brought this ht50 on the 22nd of December, it started rebooting non-stop on the 3rd of January i only wish i had read this post earlier
kally01:
uncle cry no more just take it to a good repairer let them check whats bad, then u order the part on ali express and fix it, phone parts are quite cheap on ali express especially since they sell that hom tom abi na tom tom phone der
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Dreigh: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2018
bros exactly the same problem with my own too oh. i just brought this ht50 on the 22nd of December, it started rebooting non-stop on the 3rd of January i only wish i had read this post earlier
katman9x:
This is just a post to rant and rave so pardon me. I recently bought a phone from Jumia during this November black Friday. A Homtom HT50. Specs were lovely and reviews both here and abroad were great. So me thinking Jumia was a great place to shop, (note I am a regular buyer from them and have advertised to friends and colleagues how good they are), saw the phone and ordered it. Immeadiately the phone came? I fell in love. Beautiful and sleek.
The problem started on the 8th day after the 7 days return policy expired. The screen went blank and crashed and refused to come on. I already knew the refund period had expired but I expected at least a warranty on the product. Low and behold, apparently the phone comes with no warranty. And they don't list that on the website. It's a Chinese phone so parts might be a bit hard to come by. To contact the seller who is a local? Let's see if there can be a swap?
Now this is where the second problem lies. Jumia has been unhelpful in resolving this. I have emailed them and called several times and the customer care keeps on looking at the problem like its the first time they are hearing about it despite my complaints being on record. They promise to look into it then promptly send me a mail telling me complaint resolved and if I'm happy with the solution.
After a week of me being the one to mostly contact them on an almost daily basis, they finally tell me since there is no warranty? They'll link me up with a service provider but I'll have to pay for the phone repair myself. I agreed based on the fact that the fee shouldn't be too high? Upon locating the service provider in Port Harcourt, I realize it's Carl care under Slots who confirm they don't service that brand of phones.
Since then? Contacting Jumia has been a problem as they don't seem to be interested and I am now stuck with a 33K phone which I've only used for 1 week roughly. The least they could have done is either link me up with the seller, swap the phone with another or at least be sure they have a legitimate service provider before selling such products.
The lesson learnt here with JUMIA is simply, though I will probably still continue to buy with them? I guess their reliability isn't worth s**t. Thank you for listening
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by blackweaver(m): 9:16am On Jan 08, 2018
Dreigh:

you can check this link whether it can help with fixing your issue

https://romprovider.com/2017/07/firmware-homtom-ht50/
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by adeniyisamuel59(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2018
tonyeb2k:
Jumia is indeed a scam, I ordered for clothes from them on the 28/9/2017, the items where delivered to their pickup station, went to pick them, I got home to open the package, I found out that the clothes where not the same thing I ordered for, called their customer service and made a complain about the items, I was told to return items to their pick up station which I did on the 16/10/2017. I was notified that the items have been picked for verification. I have called their customer service several times and mailed them for my refund, going to two months now, they haven't refunded me neither have they said anything. Jumia is a scam
Report them to CPC
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by sheggsliveth: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2018
Dreigh:

My device had never rebooted for one day, and if so u can factory reset and if its doesn't work I guess u flash it u can download the stockrom from needroom
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2018
Dreigh:

Sorry o. Sha bought a Lenovo Vibe P1 eventually. The Homtom is still in its box. Thinking of eventually fixing it through AliExpress when I have time next month. Jumia actually contacted me with a fake gist of returning the phone and getting a refund. The next day I went to drop off the phone? Got a traffic issue with task force guys as I wasn't used to the place. Eventually had to part with 10K only for me to finally get to their office and they said the recall order had expired 6 days prior. Told them I just got a call the day before so how come it had expired. Sha long story short, lost 10K to task force guys then went back home with the phone. Called their customer care number to really give it to them and they apologised and said they'd renew the recall. Never heard from them again
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
Dreigh:

Sorry o. Sha bought a Lenovo Vibe P1 eventually. The Homtom is still in its box. Thinking of eventually fixing it through AliExpress when I have time next month. Jumia actually contacted me with a fake gist of returning the phone and getting a refund. The next day I went to drop off the phone? Got a traffic issue with task force guys as I wasn't used to the place. Eventually had to part with 10K only for me to finally get to their office and they said the recall order had expired 6 days prior. Told them I just got a call the day before so how come it had expired. Sha long story short, lost 10K to task force guys then went back home with the phone. Called their customer care number to really give it to them and they apologised and said they'd renew the recall. Never heard from them again
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Liamm(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2018
Still wanna sell the ht50?
katman9x:

Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Kaybaba5(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
I want to sell my ht50....
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 10:31am On Jan 16, 2018
Liamm:
Still wanna sell the ht50?

Actually was just planning on fixing it and seeing. Why would you want to buy it?
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Liamm(m): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2018
katman9x:

Actually was just planning on fixing it and seeing. Why would you want to buy it?
it's a 50-50 chance for me sir should I buy it off your hand and take it for repairs. If it works, fine; but if it doesn't, I would be vexed.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Liamm(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2018
Kaybaba5:
I want to sell my ht50....
whats the fault and how much are you selling?
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by sheggsliveth: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Does it on notification light when plugged to light cos the phone gets small crase.... If its light I can fix it for you its the software and I have the firmware
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2018
Liamm:
it's a 50-50 chance for me sir should I buy it off your hand and take it for repairs. If it works, fine; but if it doesn't, I would be vexed.

Hhhhmmm ok. Can pm me and we'll talk.
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2018
sheggsliveth:
Does it on notification light when plugged to light cos the phone gets small crase.... If its light I can fix it for you its the software and I have the firmware

If it's plugged in to charge? The red notification light comes on. When it's full? The light goes off. You think it's a software problem??
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by sheggsliveth: 9:40am On Jan 17, 2018
katman9x:

If it's plugged in to charge? The red notification light comes on. When it's full? The light goes off. You think it's a software problem??

Capital Yes, I can fix that my did dsame, I got it fixed
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by Kaybaba5(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2018
Liamm:
whats the fault and how much are you selling?

NO FAULT, JUST THAT I HAVE ORDERED FOR OUKITEL.....K6000PLUS

AND HOW MUCH ARE U WILLING TO BUY,
ITS ONE MONTH USED
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by katman9x(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Sent you a PM to see how we can meet up to fix it but guessing you haven't seen it

sheggsliveth:

Capital Yes, I can fix that my did dsame, I got it fixed
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by bamac(m): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
Settingz321:
It seems I now where jumia problem lies

I was also a victim this particular phone brand mine was homtom 17pro I also bought it on jumia black Friday around that March, only for the phone to develop battery issue just because I used my other tecno charger to charge it........ You won't believe I can't find the phone battery everywhere in lag....... This is also a phone I used for just 2 months

I think jumia is encouraging sub standard product on their site all in the name of black Friday

If they know they can't slash prices of good mobile product then they should keep quiet and stop luring people like Op to their shabby offer

Black Friday in March? Hell no.

One thing i observed is that many of you don't read everything on Jumia page before making orders, you are only interested in the amount. Under every item you will see if there is warranty or not, possibly because you are not familiar with the site.

I have seen many complaints here already, though i have solved the issue for the very few that contacted me, especially, those with refund issue.

I will advice that if you don't know about Jumia thoroughly it is better to use a sales consultant.

I am not advertising myself or anything here, it only pains me seeing complaints upon complaints, i can only solve those within timeline.

I will always tell you the advantage/disadvantages of whatever you want to buy from us, your money isn't the issue here but your satisfaction, some other agents might be interested in your money though and not the quality service, i am more than that.

If you still have issues within timeline or you want to make safe orders you can check my signature
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by harmbhrosz(m): 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
queenfav:
Kpele bros. That's why i order gadgets from aliexpress. Even though leeco x626 phone was on sale on jumia for 38k, i still preferred aliexpress and ordered it at 40k. When you buy there from a premium rated seller, you have peace of mind, plus aliexpress buyer protection.
That's why Nigeria cannot be great, what stops jumia from connecting you with the seller?It's quite sad though, take heart. Recently i ordered wedding rings from a jewelry shop on aliexpress. When it arrived (took two weeks and some days), one wasn't a size 8 it was a 7(too small for my finger) .I quickly sent the seller a message, with pictures showing the difference in size for both rings sent.

He told me shipping is expensive so tthey can give me a replacement if I make a small order, so both can be shipped together, or they can give me a discount voucher .I loved that ring and need it badly for my wedding, so I ended up buying two more rings and seller agreed to ship them with the ring that was too small. I even got to keep the small ring, and still they are sending me another with a gift for my patronage .

That's how it should be, see how they made amends that at the end of the day, everyone goes home happy!If na konga or jumia that money don go o. They would never offer to compensate you in any way! The day i read the terms and conditions for jumia overseas shipping policy, i knew it would be a big mistake to order anything ..

Anyways, try to get the phone fixed from these independent phone repairers. It is well!
how was the quality of the ring you ordered? Do you still have the link to share?
Re: I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. by magdayjay(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2018
#4000 jumia voucher available for pickup at #2500....interested buyer should message me on 07032327151

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Best Android Tv Apps / How To Stop Unfortunately Ppsspp Has Stopped When Playing Pes 2018 / Live Pictures From TECNO Debut At The Mobile World Congress (MWC2023) Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.