Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. (41168 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent..satan,go And Die" - Apostle Suleman / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

You're using Nigerian mentality to interpret the Bible. Tithe is different from alms giving and paying my tithe does not in anyway stop me from giving to the needy. We still have 'Levites (the poor) around us.
which is more important?? Giving to the rich pastors or to the poor?
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

No amount of propaganda can save the situation, the verses you quoted is not against tithe. Tell your daddy Freezer to goan pay the dowry of that lady the disciples he said we should follow their biblical footsteps didn't engage in BABY MAMA.
well he doesn't have money yet. He is still saving for that because he would rather work and sweat than blackmail gulible ones into giving tithes and seeds. See kor, tree ni
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
peeps4u:
See how many pastors rising and voicing against Freeze's messages like "tithing" is the primary purpose of Christianity.

SMH. This really proves the tithes go to their pockets, living large on people's 10%.

If truly God needs tithe before blessing people,why don't you just leave people alone, face the more impotant soul- winning and let them rob themselves of blessings by not paying tithe.
Yet to see where Jesus priotized tithing or acts of collecting money from peope over salvation.

Giving should be done with free will. stop condemning non-tithers, God still blesses everyone irrespective of tithes. Even many Muslim countries tody where xtianity is negligible let alone tithing are still way more blessed than Nigeria.

God doesn't need your tithes to bless you. just give as it is within your power.
exactly!!! If tithe issue could escalate like this then it clearly shows that's the main reason for the church, I was even thinking this is a lost battle for freeze but clearly these Pastors are really stealing ppls funds in the name of giving.. imagine a pastor with a gwagon and private jets in a poor nation like ours

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
Why won't he get more followers. If you see the way he constructs his criticism in a very polite manner. He add zero sentiments and back it up with the scriptures. He makes you see the truth for yourself not compelling you to accept the truth..how can a suppose man of God come out and start ordering your Sheeples not to listen to anything against tithing, without you even showing a verse in the Bible. It's almost like putting a car in gear 1 coz you don't expect otherwise from the car.

peeps4u:
God bless you. This is my own understanding of tithes also in deut. It should be welfare of the church, not for a single pastor to divert into his account and give crumbs of it to the poor. Tithes today are for pastors to get richer, this is sad and the more it continues the more the xtianity suffers. Today, whether we accept it or not, Freeze is getting more followers and even a lot of people are deciding on their own to hold their own tithe or give to the poor themselves.

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hahaha see stupidity at it's peak. How about the 1billion , that's god commandments too?? I guess even the tithes isn't enough for their extravagant lives no more, Redeem has the poorest members in the whole wide world. The ones in my area should just grab a begging keg and sit by the road

tim26will:

Unfortunately for most of you that quote bible, you just quoted yours to suit your argument and by the way, I hope you read in your bible that you will give account to every of your idle talk.
Where is it written in the bible that tithe is meant for the congregation walfare. Your basis of write up shows you don't have a little understanding of God and His word.
1. Tithes are solely for the levites. Which in spiritual communities, the full time pastors or ministers.
2. Baba Adeboye has nothing to correct because he takes instructions from no man but the one that called him and he has nothing t do with others calling, by telling them what to do. Bible is all Christians constitution but with less constitution phrase and more of decree because we are soldiers of the cross.
3. Someone quoted you by calling you a rccg pastor, I think that fellow is completely 100% wrong, rccg pastors knows the commandments and we adhere to it strictly, if we get to heaven and God said its not so, we got nothing to lose. We takes nothing to heaven anyway.
Tithes is not a compulsory thing for everybody, how they spend it is not my business. My duty is to obey His commandments that's all.
Don't try to fight for God and go to hell. God has never put the rebuke of His servants into any man's hand. He will defend them from assault or insult no matter their sin. Better tread the ground carefully not to end up where you are cautioning men not to go to.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by naomishmuel(f): 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
I thought the bible says we should not add nor subtract from the commandment... My brother it is 10 percent and not 30 percent

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
Those private jets should be sold asap!! No time

PointZerom:

"A church worker employed by the church should go and find work"............I GIVE UP.

So what about the widows, orphans etc that are been taking care of by the church......what should they do?.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by brookz: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yahoo Yahoo Pastor.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Abudu2000(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
Synthase:

Bro, the effect of the anti tithe movement becoming evident in some churches, I heard a man of God complaining last week that there was about 65% drop in tithe in the last couple of months, he attributed the drop to the social media report which I believe is true, reorientation is now the next thing on the agenda according to him. the point is, only few are actually paying with willing and pure mind while the majority appears to be paying out of fear induced by some pastors.
lol 65% drop u say? He's even lucky to see some members in his church. The one close to my window was empty. By empty I mean not a single one came to church, yesterday was suppose to be their vigil or something but not a single noise, I slept like a baby.... social Media is the moden day education
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abudu2000:
which is more important?? Giving to the rich pastors or to the poor?

Giving to God
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by justmenoni: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
And where is It going to?

Biodun37:
"Ole gbe, Ole gba". where is your tithe coming from?
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
obatoro:

What you are saying is that God doesn't forgive completely.
David committed more wickedness than Saul who later became Paul, yet he was a man after God's heart. And God was always with him and he was never defeated in any battle.
Have you ever read the Foxe's book of martyrs? you will see the horrible death of all the apostles. Was it because they were wicked before becoming christian? No.

There's repercussion for any sin one commits even if God had forgiven him or her. See what God did to David for sleeping with another man's wife after forgiven him.

2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12 For thou didst it secretly:but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

His penalty was that his own son slept with David's wife.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by peeps4u: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

Giving to God

When you give to the poor,you have given to God. Read Jesus parables when he told some people that the fed him when h was hungry, the people were surprised and asked when they did all these, Jesus said the did it for him in as much as they did it for anyone.

Jesus never preached or encouraged collecting mony or tithes form people, intact when the tax collector walked up to him and confessed how he amasses ill-gotten wealth, Jesus never asked him to bring his possession, go and read what Jesus asked him to do.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
peeps4u:

When you give to the poor,you have given to God. Read Jesus parables when he told some people that the fed him when h was hungry, the people were surprised and asked when they did all these, Jesus said the did it for him in as much as they did it for anyone.

Jesus never preached or encouraged collecting mony or tithes form people, intact when the tax collector walked up to him and confessed how he amasses ill-gotten wealth, Jesus never asked him to bring his possession, go and read what Jesus asked him to do.

Giving to God
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by DavidEsq(m): 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

now i know your stand and your believe and i stand down.

Being Christ like(Christianity) is based on faith and not by sight.

I can't help you
Isn't faith by hearing of the word? Wat does the word say about tithing?
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by obatoro: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

There's repercussion for any sin one commits even if God had forgiven him or her. See what God did to David for sleeping with another man's wife after forgiven him.

2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12 For thou didst it secretly:but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

His penalty was that his own son slept with David's wife.

My brother you got it all wrong, read 2 cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
David was not in Christ because Christ had not sacrificed himself for the sins of mankind. There's really no time to go into this. I've heard what you said from people before but there's no where in the new testament to show such.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by DavidEsq(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

We give offerings, alms and we pay our tithes cheerfully. NTOOOOR!
1 Peter 3:15 says: "But sanctify the Lord God in ur hearts and always ready to make a defence to everyone who demands ot doing so with a mild temper and deep respect".
Based on the highlighted, I do not find ur response to be in accordance with the scriptures, rather, ur response falls under wat Apostle Paul described in 1 Timothy 6:3-5.
3: "if anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to the wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,
4: "he is proud knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
5: "useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain....".
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by greatman247(m): 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
over sabi pastor, The Holy Bible instruction is just 10% not 30%, reminds me of those "I too know" students in an examination hall writing more than what the instructions suggest, and yet they fail. No be to write book full and collect extra sheets, but na to write points and follow instructions.

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
DavidEsq:

1 Peter 3:15 says: "But sanctify the Lord God in ur hearts and always ready to make a defence to everyone who demands ot doing so with a mild temper and deep respect".
Based on the highlighted, I do not find ur response to be in accordance with the scriptures, rather, ur response falls under wat Apostle Paul described in 1 Timothy 6:3-5.
3: "if anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to the wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,
4: "he is proud knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
5: "useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain....".

I pay my tithe, it's not your money.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by peeps4u: 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

Giving to God

Let me help you sir, read mat 25:35-45, Luke 18:18-22.

Please read and tell me you don't really know the answer to the prev questions.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
obatoro:

My brother you got it all wrong, read 2 cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
David was not in Christ because Christ had not sacrificed himself for the sins of mankind. There's really no time to go into this. I've heard what you said from people before but there's no where in the new testament to show such.

If One stole a vehicle and repents afterwards but refuses to return the vehicle to the owner or police .....has old things passed away in his life?.

He that breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Adakintroy: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
If people stop paying tithes this pastors will be less interested in evangelism. They don't have a true heart for the work of christ. Let's just be honest with ourselves. They are more in love with the idea of of Christianity than Christianity itself.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by driand(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
NigerDeltan:
grin

A lady was interviewing one pastor on TVC news last Sunday

The pastor was so bitter about the comment made by freeze, he was even abusing him until the lady asked

Lady: pastor do you pay tithe?

Pastor: yes of course

Lady: who do you pay your tithe to?

Pastor: I spend it on the less privilege and the hungry in the society

Lady: can we do that as well?

Pastor: #stammering# yes

Assuming I was able to meet that lady I wouldn't mind giving to her my last kobo for that question

shocked are you for real? Did this actually happen?

In the end pastor has caused bad market for himself,

That awkward moment when pastor's wife heard him and shouts "funke" grin grin
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Chinagurum1995(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
Apostle Suleiman you dey go preached na church were good job for casting demons need I am a free Child of God. Jareeeeee grin
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by obatoro: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

If One stole a vehicle and repents afterwards but refuses to return the vehicle to the owner or police .....has old things passed away in his life?.

He that breaks the hedge, the serpent will bite.

A person who repents will not keep a stolen vehicle my brother if he has truly repented.

Back in the days there was an evangelist who was formally an armed robber. After repentance I didn't see any punishment that he received, except s very vibrant and buoyant ministry. If God should mark iniquity who shall stand?
I have a lot of life examples, even of most of these celebrated ministers in this country and beyond.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by PointZerom: 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
peeps4u:

Let me help you sir, read mat 25:35-45, Luke 18:18-22.
Please read and tell me you don't really know the answer to the prev questions.

Giving to God
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by brojoshua: 10:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
Can Satan die, Satan is the god and father of all the false prophets and pastors, including all the money loving pastors

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by bros856: 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
Who do you pay your tithe to ? Apostle?

1 Like

Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by chimexdnice(m): 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
who shd we ask... ode
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Achorise: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
The way some carry the issue of tithe eh!! I wish we could come out in the same way to condem Yahoo sex clubbing stealing fraud office fraud boy friend and girl friend, corruption nepotism , This country will be the best place to stay.
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by arimahoseloka(m): 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
realmindz:
calculation is wisdom...

all he needs to do is take from what the gullible has paid him and pay himself which at the end all belongs to him.....however, with this statement alone, he just increased his monthly revenue as the gullible would be encouraged to pay more.
you are funny. pastors don't pay to their own ministry usually. they pay to a higher and better ministry hoping that grace from that church will locate him so he can impact his ministry
Re: "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. by Seahawk: 1:34am On Dec 03, 2017
Who does he pay it to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Church Members Kissing Pastor's Feet In Front Of Congregation (Photos) / Pastor Chris Okotie Poses With His Car / Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.