Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63486 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by omofowowe: 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Who made you the judge over this issue? Are you the registrar of heaven? You are at liberty to say whatever you want but mind you there is always consequence/consequences for saying things just for saying sake.

Adeboye must stop all this his blasphemy.

God's name must not be called in vain and worse still, when it is used in his quest for personal aggrandisement.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by thowbie7ven(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
I'll rather give my money to a broken Man...i'll rather clothe someone's unclothedness...i'll rather put food on an hungry man's table...i'll rather fund an orphan's fees rather than pay my tithes...

3 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by hadow(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
I just read Freeze's opinion on tithe and I feel it is poppycock. didn't Abraham pay tithe to Melchizedek, was he a levite. pls endeavour to read Hebrews 7:5-10 the verse talks about Levi paying tithe to Melchizedek through the loins of Abraham.
lest we forget when the Pharisees came to ask Jesus about tax he said give into Cesar what belongs to Cesar and give unto God what belongs to God and tithing is of God malachai 3.
NB: this is nothing but my honest opinion.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tit(f): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
gafarolabisi2:
even though I am Muslim and a practising one, but I so much love and cherish pastor Adeboye. if he said do, so shall it

sango shall fire you and adeboye
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by inice(m): 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
obailala:
FrZ only read out what's written in the bible (the constitution of Christianity), except you are saying the bible was written by 'the......', then you arent saying anything. Can you prove FRZ wrong by pointing out what he's said which isnt in the bible?... I bet you cant, no one opposing him has, they only attack his personality and call him a non-Christian, and then claim that tithing is a 'revelation' - this is a subtle acknowledgement that going by just what's in the bible, you can't fault FRZ.
The bible is not a mere literature book. Even the devil quoted the bible when he tempted Jesus and on the surface it was actually written. That son of satan frz deceiving his followers
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by hadow(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Adeboye must stop all this his blasphemy.

God's name must not be called in vain and worse still, when it is used in his quest for personal aggrandisement.

what makes u think God didn't speak to him what I feel is u r void of spiritual insight
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by singlealone: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
oruma19:
Adeboye once said if u don't pay ur tithe u won't make heaven. Now he is saying God convinced him to pay tithe. I weep for papa Adeboye because he already is in a backslidden state and needs restoration. He has served God so much that he doesn't need to backslide now because of money. Papa adeboye should leave money matter, he is too old to be doing this now. Tithing according to the scripture is not for the new testament church. Leave that matter and focus on holiness without which, no man shall see God.

The op is a fraudster. Today's Open Heaven devotional was written in 2016 and not recently. Open Heaven is a yearly devotional. Why is the OP painting it as if it is written because of the so called tithe debate.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Owerri1stSon: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Pastor Adeboye should stop relegating himself to the answering of Anti Christs. He should take a lifestyle from PST Kumuyi.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Harrynight(m): 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lie to them okay! jus continue...

ur going too far na there are a thousand ways to convince ur followers to b paying tithe not by this cheap bloody lie

after they say Lai mohammed is the master of lies cry
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by mickeymimi: 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by perryy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
hadow:
I just read Freeze's opinion on tithe and I feel it is poppycock. didn't Abraham pay tithe to Melchizedek, was he a levite. pls endeavour to read Hebrews 7:5-10 the verse talks about Levi paying tithe to Melchizedek through the loins of Abraham.
lest we forget when the Pharisees came to ask Jesus about tax he said give into Cesar what belongs to Cesar and give unto God what belongs to God and tithing is of God malachai 3.
NB: this is nothing but my honest opinion.
Don't be decieved. What Abraham gave to mechizedech was a one off thing. He never paid tithe to mechizedech, he only gave him a tenth of his loots of war. Loots of war, that is what he forcefully took from others and not from his wealth. Tithe was commanded to be paid from your increase and not loot of war. Be guided.

3 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by hadow(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
perryy:

Don't be decieved. What Abraham gave to mechizedech was a one off thing. He never paid tithe to mechizedech, he only gave him a tenth of his loots of war. Loots of war, that is what he forcefully took from others and not from his wealth. Tithe was commanded to be paid from your increase and not loot of war. Be guided.

read Hebrews 7
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by toye440: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:
What Christians need is personal conviction.

Only a sheep would do something because their G.O says it's right.

These people are fighting so hard. Things would never be the same again.

Thanks to minds like FRZ who've made things clearer to Nigerians.

But trust me a lot of them won't still adhere, like the poster above me.

I believe what God wants from us is Charity works rather than tithes and offerings as highlighted by Jesus in Matthew 25:31—46 ..

My friend r u saying tithing is wrong cos i like to educate every plastic christian on this platform.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by nanizle(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
jaxxy:
Without tithe there will probably be no money to get alot of things done so Tithing is good bt not a law or must.

Bt the bigger issue is wat the tithes are been used for and the sensitivity of these pastor to real issues facing their congregation and followers.

If we give tithe to God as it where shud the tithe be abused by the pastors? And don't tell me let God judge dat, we can see and know the truth.

Most religious group only encourage voluntary contributions and they are doing quite well. The idea of compelling your congregation to set aside a fixed proportion of his or her income as tithe is nothing but theft! angry

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
singlealone:

The op is a fraudster. Today's Open Heaven devotional was written in 2016 and not recently. Open Heaven is a yearly devotional. Why is the OP painting it as if it is written because of the so called tithe debate.
So op is now Dailypost.com that posted the news abii?? E be like shît dey worry u for head??
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Boss I really feel like insulting and rain abuse and curse on you but would leave that cos ignorance has a way of smacking the ignorant,abraham and co paid tithe? Yes they did but why? If your versed in your bible you wod know God made this pple inherit or take over lands that was not initially theirs so for the kind gesture the gave 10% of their farm produce gotten from that very land given to them by God,not coin or silver nor gold....not a place in d bible hints laborers shld pay tithe..and that 10% was not used to buy cars n build synagos but was taken to the alter whr thanks and praise was given to God and d poor,old,homeless and yourself was to eat and merry....so now Jesus told us not to be part of this world but hope on the kingdom of God,we r just tenants here so this world aint ours but the devil so my broda we don't need to pay tithe if u do u only annoy God cos ur behavin like d jews his son cautioned abt,don't mock God abeeeeeeeggg...we bigger than earthly tins n we don't need it
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 12:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
People who insult Men of God should be careful... It is very dangerous for you if you do. Likes on Nairaland means nothing. He who has ears let him hear.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Tattooboy: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
Freeze na just bad market.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Tattooboy: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
So op is now Dailypost.com that posted the news abii?? E be like shît dey worry u for head??
no mind am. Na 'sure client'
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tattooboy:
no mind am. Na 'sure client'
I just tire for all these "Sure Client.. embarassed
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by winnerz: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Charity work is different, tithing is different the bible is clear about that. Whichever ways, follow your mind. Since God does not even accept grudgingly.No one is forcing anybody, go and spend all your money as it pleases you. If you like give 100% to your pastor, its your money. If you like give 50 % na your money and if you like chop everything its still your call. Bottom line is do what suits you.
HeyCorleone:

I believe what God wants from us is Charity works rather than tithes and offerings as highlighted by Jesus in Matthew 25:31—46 ..

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MayhorE(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Do what you think is right in your sight and let God do the justification
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Investnow2017: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jesusgirl92:
People who insult Men of God should be careful... It is very dangerous for you if you do. Likes on Nairaland means nothing. He who has ears let him hear.

Anybody who calls himself a man of God whereas God did not call him is DOOMED. That person is a fraud and headed for damnation unless he repents and follows in the footsteps of God's Son Jesus Christ.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by perryy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
hadow:

read Hebrews 7

You readl Hebrews 10 and let's see if you still really need to pay tithe. What tithe was meant for are stated there. Let me tell you, as a Bible scholar I know Christians are not mandated to pay tithe . In Acts of the appostls chapter 15, it is recorded there that when some of the apostles got to the land of the gentiles, they recorded some converts . However, they wanted to impose laws of moses on them. Though not specifically mentions as circumcisions, but tithe was one of the laws those apostles wanted to impose on the gentles and that would have scared them away. As such , after some of the apostles argued it among themselves, they decided to send Paul and banabas to the apostles and elders in Jerusalem . After many considerations, the elders and the appostles reached a position and gave out the requirements for being accepted into Christianity . They describe others as unnecessary burden which some apostles wanted to put on thier necks and the apostles distanced themselves from such.

Generally for u to become a Christian, you have to accept that Christ died and raised from the death for you, outside that the requirements are as stated below. Tithe is certainly not one of them. And as such no apostle preached or talked about tithe again. That is why you won't see where tithe was mentioned throughout the letters of all the apostles to the early gentiles church. Tithe was introduced into Christianity when the Romans made Christianity a state religion and they started using it as means of extortion.

The Acts 15:29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.

You can even start from verse one for more understanding.

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Harrynight(m): 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
we are CHRISTIANS, CHRIST FOLLOWERS,
JESUS is our EXAMPLAR, we are following his footsteps, yet ive never read where he encourage or commanded his followers (Christians) to pay tithe nor did he himself paid in the whole years he walk the surface of the earth.

Rather than sticking to What our Pastor said why cant we stick to the early christians way of practicing true chtistianity the model christ left behind?

2 Likes

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by femi4: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Goshen360:
God is THE ONLY BOSS that will fire you but still let you keep working. If you don't believe this ask Saul. He was anointed only for 2 years but was a king for 40 years. Meaning, he was only sitting king for 38 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqcK-4cVaaE

Somebody help me pass this message to Pastor Adeboye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQjJ_uq6hM

Pastor Adeboye used to be a MOG I respect growing up as a young Christian but on this topic, I lost respect for him especially when he says things not a sound doctrine. If every Christian claim God told me without us having a way to verify in the word, do you know how many issues we'll have in the body of Christ today?

Pastor Adeboye should swallow his pride and accept biblical truth and sound Christian doctrines.

New Living Translation
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord's Supper), and to prayer.
Acts 2vs42

Tithe wasn't taught by the Apostles to the early church and not everything written in the bible is for Christians
The way Jesus talked about tithe shows he wasn't against it. Same way he wasn't against tax
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by pavy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

You have contradicted yourself with the scripture you mentioned. The sheep are those who love God, seek Him and endeavor to do ALL that He has commanded diligently. While, the goats are the stubborn ones, those who try to analyse God's word with human wisdom and understanding, those who find a reason to disobey laid down instructions like the case of Adam. Adam was given a simple instruction by God, all he had to do was obey. But the devil through his wife gave him ideas and reasons why they should disobey, and mankind was damned for it.

The instruction here is simple, bring ye thy tithe into my storehouse that there may be meat...if you obey, you enjoy the benefit, if you disobey, you suffer the consequence...don't find a reason to disobey God, remember Adam.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by nicemuyoo: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
The bible verse you just quote I would give you the true scriptural interpretation of it. You have twisted scriptures to sooth your point. Jesus asked to see the coin they used for payment. He said whose property his this? Caesars. Who's inscription is on it? Caesars . who has authority over this coin / who created this coin? Caesars. So this monetary note has nothing to do with God , God does not want it, it is a creation of man for mankind.so give it to Caesar if he demands It! But give unto God was he demands your soul, heart, love, obedience, worship, your body as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable which is truth worship. GOD a spiritual external being demands all this things. David said silver and Gold , riches he does not want.
There is a difference between theological teachings and truth scriptures; that you have to understand if you want to know the truth and accept it.

4They came and said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are truthful and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any, but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay a poll-tax to Caesar, or not? 15“Shall we pay or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denarius to look at.” 16They brought one. And He said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” And they said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17And Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they were amazed at Him.
[qu2ote author=hadow post=62938917]I just read Freeze's opinion on tithe and I feel it is poppycock. didn't Abraham pay tithe to Melchizedek, was he a levite. pls endeavour to read Hebrews 7:5-10 the verse talks about Levi paying tithe to Melchizedek through the loins of Abraham.
NB: this is nothing but my honest opinion.[/quote]
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by ruffDiamond: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Adeboye can lie for Africa!which God tell am that one..so na every successful man or woman dey pay titheawon exploiters and extortionists jati jati...anyway once he mentioned God,trust the mumu hapless sheepies to fall over themselves to lick the poo from his lying ass!mentioning God is the killer punch!they will swallow his spittle, saliva and phlegm hook line and sinker..mumu stupid lot
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Etuagievin(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
PointZerom:
If Freeze is serious by telling me to follow the footsteps of the biblical disciples, he should goan pay the dowry of that lady and stop parading her as his BABY MAMA.

The biblical Levites received tithe b'cos they worked in the temple, the present day workers in the church and the widows, orphans etc in the church will also be taken care of by the church through our tithes etc.

I WILL CONTINUE PAYING MY TITHE AND ALSO DOING MY CHARITY WORKS. You can spend your own money in a beer parlour with prostitutes, it's your money not mine.
The biblical levites had no inheritance and since they work in Gods vineyard he deemed it fit for them to recieve tithes. Todays pastors are not levites . Granted, they work in church, but do you know many of them have biz investments that will feed their generations ,yet they collect tithes. After christ left, the apostles didnt depend on gifts from members. They worked to support themselves. Tithing has long gone obsolete.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by perryy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
femi4:
The way Jesus talked about tithe shows he wasn't against it. Same way he wasn't against tax

Was it recorded Christ paid tax ? Yes! Was it recorded Christ paid tithe ? No. So, be like Christ not like Aaron. Be a Christian and not adebolean

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by vislabraye(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

You are getting it twisted. Jesus, our High Priest did not receive tithes. He did not even pay tithes.
You're talking about Abraham paying tithes. But let me ask you one question: how many times did Abraham pay tithes ?
@bolded statement : You are just confusing everything. The new law we have is LOVE. If you love someone, you will not steal, kill or cause harm. Btw, fornication has nothing to do with the law of Moses. Believers are asked not to fornicate cos our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Maybe you are not aware that there are so many other laws. But why do you choose to keep the law that has to do with tithes ? If you break one law, you are guilty of others. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

104 Christians Convert To Islam In Delta State. See Photos / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Spirit Of Lesbianism Exposed By Prophet TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.