Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (63432 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Keneeby(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
topeayan:
Abraham killed Ram to appease God why aren't u and ur Daddy not killing Ram

Yes we can't kill ram again becos Jesus die for us. But Jesus didnt pay tithe for us.

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by obailala(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
Izonpikin:
oboy so na like this you correct reach?? cheesy

Your explanation is on point..come drink one bottle of orijin...

Thnk you my brother... Na difference in politics dey spoil Nigeria. Make we reserve that orijin for fridge till friday cheesy
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by rhemitee: 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
NuclearWinter:
Fake pastor.

If you were a true Christian as you claim, you will know the verse that states "no one comes to the father unless through me".

God does not speak directly to men since Jesus ascension.

There are no more prophets after Jesus and so whoever you spoke with is not th God of Bible but the same evil spirit that possessed Mohammed [/quote[quote author=obailala post=62940585]Thnk you my brother... Na difference in politics dey spoil Nigeria. Make we reserve that orijin for fridge till friday cheesy
]

Is Christianity a religion at all? What are your doctrines?. None... Why don't u ask yourself a ques? Why is Jesus teachings quite different after his death from when he was alive?... its never too late....
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by lebete3000: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

What is the tithe money used for? If it is used for charity and church upkeep, isn't it wiser to just carry out the charity yourself? or is that left exclusively for the G.O? Then donate the rest for church upkeep..

I feel that's more reasonable, and a surefire way to lessen corruption in the church.

The same over smartness at play again.

What's your business with what the tithe is used for?

As long as God has given "you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding (Jeremiah 3:15)"- (Oyedepo in my own case), yours is just to follow like a Sheep.

But you can personally decide not to be a Sheep and be your own Shepherd if you want. God is Love, He forces no one.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by ifko: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Nairaland a.k.a room of atheist. nobody force anyone to pay tithe
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tuoyoojo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
EVILFOREST:

U started well but drifted..
U think it's your TITHE that compels God to open doors for you....??

What about those who TITHE but their Doors are closed or Air TIGHT..??

I know what works for me and I follow it thru.

I have seen results over and again

I speak from the little experience I have with Tithing

I am still learning

like I said before if you think Tithing doesn't work for u, keep ur money..... after all I didn't work for it for you

but if I decide to Tithe, i don't see how that is your problem
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by rhemitee: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
Billyonaire:
Christians must begin to fight these criminals called Pastors using the Bible and the word of God.

Except Adeboye has decreed that he is the only person to meet God in the Sky, which is why he owns jets then we can understand, but if that God he is talking about is the same Orion 5D entities that seeded earth and engineered the evolution of the human species then Adeboye is a very stupid thief.

I know what God is, and they do not care about our coins. Only Adeboye and his minions continue to deceive the ignorant masses, no thanks to dilapidated educational system.

Tithing is a criminal Babylonian money recurring debt system which seeks to impoverish the un-awakened. The more you know, the more you see how the entire system is designed to impoverish the mentally compartmentalized.

For Ye Shall Know the Truth, and the truth shall set you free - Jesus, Founder of Christianity.

Jesus isn't the founder Christianity, In fact he NEVER met Paul....who is the supposedly the ORIGINATOR of xtainity
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by obailala(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Keneeby:

Yes we can't kill ram again becos Jesus die for us. But Jesus didnt pay tithe for us.
Are you suggesting that Jesus didnt save us from the curse of the law any more (Gal 3:13)? Are you suggesting that even after the sacrifice of Jesus, that believers under the new covenant are still bound by the laws of Moses?.. Were the gentile believers ever even subject to those laws?...

If I understand you, you infer that Jesus has replaced the sacrifice of animals with his superior blood, but that Jesus hasn't released us from other parts of the mosaic laws?... If that is the case, why does the modern day church only focus on the tithing bit of the law? why not also insist on things like not shaving off side beards and things like not wearing dual-fabric garments?.. Since you claim we are still bound by the laws of moses, why is mandatory tithing still about the only bit which was carried over to present day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tuoyoojo(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Abudu2000:
sure client!! I reason your point baba.you know most client after them pay finally more doors go even open for them to get more money pass the one then pay before. I get ur point bross, u are on

thanks boss
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by franklinotuwa: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
No one is saying tithe is not good, there are other ways of paying it instead of paying 2 a church n d pastors use it 4 dem selves...

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by plaetton: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
What else did anyone expect the con men to say in order to defend their con game ?

No one, neither their defenders nor the con men themselves ever answer the question of " what do they or what are they supposed to do with the tithe money " ?

If these heartless con men were actually doing Charitable work with the tithe money, no one would ask or raise issues about tithe collection.

It is the sheer wickedness of these Christian pretenders , con men and greedy theives, who give absolutely ZERO, ZILCH back to their congregations, that makes the issue of tithe collection soooo painful to our collective intelligence, conscience and morality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Bigprick9inches: 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
WHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS OUR HIGH PRIEST, OR THE DISCIPLES, OUR FIRST PASTORS COLLECT TITHE? ~FRZ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by HeyCorleone(m): 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
lebete3000:

The same over smartness at play again.

What's your business with what the tithe is used for?

As long as God has given "you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding (Jeremiah 3:15)"- (Oyedepo in my own case), yours is just to follow like a Sheep.

But you can personally decide not to be a Sheep and be your own Shepherd if you want. God is Love, He forces no one.

Lol.. I daresay I demand to know what the tithes and offerings are used for. It's my right. Pastors should be accountable and church practices should be transparent. Such is evident in the Old Testament where the practice of tithe stems from.

It's only a wasteful person that would never be interested in what his money is being used for. What if your pastor uses it to club girls? Or get needless private jets? Oh so God would still bless you even if your money isn't used for a just cause?

I am Jesus' sheep. Not any G.O's sheep. It's not pride. I don't just see why so much unnecessary value is placed on these "men of God"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by openmine(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O

Interesting submissions.....however since U believe the death of jesus did not set aside the law,i do believe U do some of the following mosaic laws....

To release debts in the seventh year (Deut. 15:2)
To offer up incense twice daily (Ex. 30:7)
To eat the flesh of the Paschal lamb on it, with unleavened bread and bitter herbs (Num. 9:11)
To observe the procedure of the burnt-offering (Lev. 1:3)
To observe the procedure of the meal-offering (Lev. 2:1)

And to make it clearly especially if U wanna start cherry picking some of the mosaic laws U want to obey please hear what james has to say about such people

James 2:10-11
10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it. 11 For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

Same with Paul...
Galatians 5:3-4
3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.

Jacob gave his tithe.

And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).

Now this is really interesting..... smiley smiley
Let me start of with Abraham acclaimed tithe and that of Jacob.....
Since most tithers are insistent on this so called spiritual principle,let me ask.....
Is there a laid down law in the entire Genesis that is commanding or instructing Abraham to "tithe"?
Mind U Abraham was commanded by God to observe burnt offerings and circumcise his offspring....So where was the law commanding Abraham to tithe?

Jacob made a vow....he was under no commandment to offer any thing to God.....

There is a difference between a VOW and a COMMANDMENT!
Many made vows in the bible for instance Jephthah Vow in Judges 11:30 - 31

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord and said, “If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, 31 then whatever[a] comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the Lord's, and I will offer it[b] up for a burnt offering.”

If we are to take every VOW we see in the bible as an INSTRUCTION from GOD, why are Christians not obeying the VOW of Jephthah ?

Secondly going by ur analogy that we must EQUALLY ENGAGE IN THE DEEDS OF ABRAHAM grin grin grin
I guess U are implying that we should commit adultery and lay with our maid if our wife is barren right?
I guess we should lie or do every right and wrong that was done by Abraham right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by hadow(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
nicemuyoo:
The bible verse you just quote I would give you the true scriptural interpretation of it. You have twisted scriptures to sooth your point. Jesus asked to see the coin they used for payment. He said whose property his this? Caesars. Who's inscription is on it? Caesars . who has authority over this coin / who created this coin? Caesars. So this monetary note has nothing to do with God , God does not want it, it is a creation of man for mankind.so give it to Caesar if he demands It! But give unto God was he demands your soul, heart, love, obedience, worship, your body as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable which is truth worship. GOD a spiritual external being demands all this things. David said silver and Gold , riches he does not want.
There is a difference between theological teachings and truth scriptures; that you have to understand if you want to know the truth and accept it.

4They came and said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are truthful and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any, but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay a poll-tax to Caesar, or not? 15“Shall we pay or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denarius to look at.” 16They brought one. And He said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” And they said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17And Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they were amazed at Him.
[qu2ote author=hadow post=62938917]I just read Freeze's opinion on tithe and I feel it is poppycock. didn't Abraham pay tithe to Melchizedek, was he a levite. pls endeavour to read Hebrews 7:5-10 the verse talks about Levi paying tithe to Melchizedek through the loins of Abraham.
lest we forget when the Pharisees came to ask Jesus about tax he said give into Cesar what belongs to Cesar and give unto God what belongs to God and tithing is of God malachai 3.
NB: this is nothing but my honest opinion.

I don't get your point is your point that we should not pay tithe or it is not compulsory
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by walexydo: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
solreb:

Malachi 3:8-11 talks about tithing. Christians are to follow the entirety of Bible and not just New Testament even the Apostles and Jesus Christ
quoted verses from Old Testament. With respect
to what was shared by the OP this is the
message in Open Heavens 2017 ( a Devtional
written by Daddy GO) for today. If you read carefully the uneducated pastors were preaching the tithing as in the Bible to Daddy GO and the church but as at then he was not convinced initially like many others today until the Holy Spirit convicted him.
why can't we continue to kill animals for atonement of sin,what about burnt offering,
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by MxFactor: 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
Keneeby:

Are you serious? shocked Which is greater shocked
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by iamkneeyi: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
It's not compulsory it must be given to church
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Gloryne(f): 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
Honestly people are just looking for ways to generate traffic or get a large number of likes. Daddy G.O didn't come out to speak this just as the poster claimed. Today's edition of Open Heavens devotional dwells on tithe and I believe Open Heavens was compiled and published towards the end last year. The poster SIMPLY COPIED today's edition.
If you don't believe in tithing, it's your luck. If you believe it, also your luck. Follow your hearts.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Smh.
Wondering why peeps be arguing about tithe. See there was no where written in the Bible that is compulsory to pay it. If u wish don't pay, but if you want to partake in the blessing and you have the faith then go ahead. There are different aspect in giving, if u feel the others benefit you, then please go ahead, but there are blessings attached to paying tithes oh.
And if u feel that someone is stealing it, please kindly forward it to the address of the Almighty, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Happy Sunday you all.
Stay blessed.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by ruffDiamond: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
and they can be extremely wicked and stingy too!I once lived with a member ..boy!the only thing they care about is
1their immediate family

2their hypocritical religious lifestyle
3they think only their God giveth Riches and Blessing..
4they could lick the poo from their Daddy GO if he so command it..

disgusting lot
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tuoyoojo(m): 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
muzari:
I've said it again and again that ADEBOLE is a grade one criminal, that guy greedy tendency will never change.
I tell you for free that ADEBOLE will die fast if the gullible followers stop paying tithe, Ole is Ole no matter how he disguises.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADEBOYE N YAHOO BOYS?

bros even jesus was called prince of demons by the so called enlighted men of his time. they gave so many reasons why in their mind they felt he was fake

how much more adeboye, a mere mortal

but I promise you this, he would continue to prosper and there is absolutely nothing you can do about him

if tomorrow he mismanages the Tithes paid to his church, i would let him can God sort that out

you are not an advocate for God

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Smh.
Wondering why peeps be arguing about tithe. See there was no where written in the Bible that is compulsory to pay it, God made us freewill agents. If u wish don't pay, but if you want to partake in the blessing and you have the faith then go ahead. There are different aspect in giving, if u feel the others benefit you, then please go ahead, but there are blessings attached to paying tithes oh.
And if u feel that someone is stealing it, please kindly forward it to the address of the Almighty, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Happy Sunday you all.
Lol no one should ask me for the address oh.
Stay blessed.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by nicemuyoo: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tithe consist of agricultural produce that MUST come only from the boundaries of the land of Isreal. Tithe is not money!!! Tithe is ONLY used to cater for the levies, widows, orphans, stranger and the tither never for church buildings. That was in the old covenant law.
Tithe is not applicable today but the spirit of free will offerings applies done with right motivation and in secret not for public knowledge as clearly instructed by the messiah himself or else you don't get any blessing for it from God only mens approval and praise
hadow:

I don't get your point is your point that we should not pay tithe or it is not compulsory
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by lebete3000: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Lol.. I daresay I demand to know what the tithes and offerings are used for. It's my right. Pastors should be accountable and church practices should be transparent. Such is evident in the Old Testament where the practice of tithe stems from.

It's only a wasteful person that would never be interested in what his money is being used for. What if your pastor uses it to club girls? Or get needless private jets? Oh so God would still bless you even if your money isn't used for a just cause?

I am Jesus' sheep. Not any G.O's sheep. It's not pride. I don't just see why so much unnecessary value is placed on these "men of God"

Chronicles 20:20- And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

And Jeremiah 3:15- And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Continue behaving like the Israelites who rebelled against Moses asking if he was the only one God speaks through.

I remain a Sheep being guided by a human Shepherd ordained by the true Shepherd in heaven.

I'm not interested in how God decides to run His show, cos as fat as the heavens is from the earth so is my thoughts from His.

Mine is to follow that's why I'm called a Sheep.

Goodluck in your sojourn on earth bro.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Taophick009: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

My father! My father!!

Ride on sir!

Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.

Jacob gave his tithe.

Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?

I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.

Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.

Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.

It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.

The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.

I stand with Daddy G.O
your Father indeed
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by perryy(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
Papa GO is a big lie stop deceiving people enough of all these your lies just to fleece people of their hard earned money God is not happy with you one bit how do we know that God called you talk less of convincing you can anyone attest to it. it is morally wrong to pay tithe to you or your church tithe is not meant for you or your so called "business" center Church tithe is meant for the poor and needy the person giving the tithe will participate in eating the tithe and moreover tithe is not to be paid every month as you and other pastors make members to pay tithe to you every month which is a sin tithe is paid once every three years tithing is of the Old Testament and not to be practiced again here it is as it is in the holy Bible first about your lies Ezekiel is of the same opinion. He says: “Woe to the pastors who feed themselves instead of their flocks. Shouldn’t pastors feed the sheep? You eat the best food and wear the finest clothes, but you let your flocks starve.” (Ezekiel 34:2-3). Is this not directly applicable to many of today’s highfalutin pastors? Isaiah says: “They are as greedy as dogs, never satisfied; they are stupid pastors who only look after their own interest, each trying to get as much as he can for himself from every possible source.” (Isaiah 56:11). Does this not acc-urately describe today’s pastors who use all kinds of tricks and shenanigans to fleece the flock of their hard-earned money? Then about the lies you tell about tithing just to fill your pocket this is the truth as it is from the Bible Tithing
=====
The bible is the dictionary for our Christian faith. So we have to do things according to the bible.

Here is a verse we all hear pastor's preach all the time. ��������
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it" Malachi 3:10

As U can see, the bibles says in the above��verse, "so there will be food in my house"

The question then is, what is that food to be used for?

Below is the answer in a bible verse you will never hear pastors preaching.

Deuteronomy 26:12
"When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied".

So if pastors are living like kings and queens,
Widows and orphans should be living like kings and queens too because according to the bible, tithe belongs to all of them.
Tithe is paid once every three years
*This is what the bible says
*Lets start following the bible 100%
Copied.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Ugbavihi: 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
These pastors should have kept mute to daddy freeze's questions and campaign, it would have safeguarded their dignity as mouthpiece of God and at the same time make daddy bored in writing all he usually write.
If you don't reply a man continuously, the man will stop sending you message..
Messages without feedbacks discourages further sending..
#UC allow all mallam with his own kettle..
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by HeyCorleone(m): 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
lebete3000:

Chronicles 20:20- And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

And Jeremiah 3:15- And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Continue behaving like the Israelites who rebelled against Moses asking if he was the only one God speaks through.

I remain a Sheep being guided by a human Shepherd ordained by the true Shepherd in heaven.

I'm not interested in how God decides to run His show, cos as fat as the heavens is from the earth so is my thoughts from His.

Mine is to follow that's why I'm called a Sheep.

Goodluck in your sojourn on earth bro.

Lol.. You still didn't give reasons why pastors shouldn't be accountable to their members.
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
lilfreezy:
The more they talk, the more they sound stupid, and the more I believe daddy freeze grin
How won't you believe Daddy Freez when you are Lil Freez?. grin grin
Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by tuoyoojo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
Boss13:
I think this topic is becoming very toxic as the arguments linger on.

In my opinion - giving tithe is not wrong; not giving tithe is equally not wrong. It’s a personal decision to make, but u do not commit a sin if you give tithe or choose not to give (I am not quoting a bible here, there is no use because the same bible can be manipulated to serve your own interests).

Now you may choose to give your tithe to a church, that’s a personal decision. You may also choose to give to the less privileged too, which ever satisfies your heart.

However, the emphasis should not be on tithe, but what are churches doing with the tithe funds generated from members. Members have donated their tithe to assist with God’s work, but are churches actually carrying out God’s work or are they satisfying the personal interest of the Trustees of the Church?

Evidence abound shows that churches are growing in other business segments other than propagating the ministry. They are building schools with exorbitant fees, they are buying jets and luxury cars, some are even have microfinance banks and hotels. All these are not the core objectives of churches. These funds raised should be used positively. There are many issues in the society that requires attention, but we don’t see the Nigerian church spearheading solutions.

Presently, only TB Joshua is currently assisting with relocating Nigerian migrants in Libya back home and also providing them with funds. Why are the rest pretending like they are unaware of the situation. This is why a lot of people are frowning towards gifting your money to a church. I don’t think tithing is wrong, whether you support your claim biblically or not, but what are these funds used for after they are being contributed. I think churches deserve to explain this to their members.

May God help us

I tell you sir, a lot of churches are doing humanitarian work but they don't come out to publicise it

I believe they are following the teaching of " dont let your left hand to know what your right hand is doing "

God sees what they do in secret and bless them in the open, much to the chargin of people opposing them

1 Like

Re: God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye by Jesusgirl92(f): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
perryy:

In the bible verses u referd to , Christ let us know the weighty matters and classified others less weighty as others. If tithe was that important, Christ would have classified it among the weighty matters . If others that Jesus mentioned has anything to do with the almighty tithe , it would have been qualified with 'superior others. Anyway , read acts of the apostles chapter 15.
why not do both the more important and less important things?? Why condemn those who pay tithe? Is it better to do more important and leaving the less important?? Did anyone say u should pay tithe and not help the needy?? Why not do both??

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US / Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.