Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

My Faith Turning To An Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Faith Turning To An Atheist (2781 Views)

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? / How I Built My Faith In God / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Martinez19(m): 11:59am On Dec 04, 2017
salvation101:
same evolution that contradicts itself? If u say u evolved, wat did u evolve from? Who created dat tin? Tell me about d very beginning
matter can neither be created nor destroyed so the universe has always been there from the beginning. It wasn't created but had always been there from the beginning.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by shadeyinka(m): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
Dannyfan:
I am now having a rethink of my faith, it start just recently. It now bother my mind whether God exist. I just think it start when i wasn't admitted to school last year, after alot of prayer.
Making my faith a pretending one, just to do as majority to be acceptable in our society. Many reason making me to want an atheist view, but just have to say main.
So i need a convincing encouragement that God really exist. I was born to worship God in a christian home and know believing Him have help many other. Mind you i am committed but always full with doubt of existence of God.
Help my dying faith

It is erroneous to think that Gods duty is to make your life easy. Forget about what the Prosperity preachers preach. Christianity is a life filled with several battles. In battles, so many Christians get wounded. I have been wounded several times but, I am still on my feet, still fighting on.

Check out Abraham who God gave a direct promise. He was barren for over 60years of his life. The question is where was God?

All the Apostles died violent deaths. Where was God?

The list continues. Out trials are simply test of our faith.

If your billionaire Father decides not to pay your tuition for 5 years, will you disown him?
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Martinez19(m): 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
shadeyinka:

It is erroneous to think that Gods duty is to make your life easy. Forget about what the Prosperity preachers preach. Christianity is a life filled with several battles. In battles, so many Christians get wounded. I have been wounded several times but, I am still on my feet, still fighting on.

Check out Abraham who God gave a direct promise. He was barren for over 60years of his life. The question is where was God?

All the Apostles died violent deaths. Where was God?

The list continues. Out trials are simply test of our faith.

If your billionaire Father decides not to pay your tuition for 5 years, will you disown him?
keep deceiving yourself, if a father is rich, I mean stinkingly rich, it will show on the children. The same can't be said of your God.

2 Likes

Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by raphieMontella: 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
dannyfan, religiosity has absolutely no effect on education....
I was an atheist before I gained admission into the uni...tho now,I'm a deist...

The Christian God you seek has never existed...channel your energy to something more productive

1 Like

Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by 0temSapien: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2017
Dannyfan:
I am now having a rethink of my faith, it start just recently. It now bother my mind whether God exist. I just think it start when i wasn't admitted to school last year, after alot of prayer.
Making my faith a pretending one, just to do as majority to be acceptable in our society. Many reason making me to want an atheist view, but just have to say main.
So i need a convincing encouragement that God really exist. I was born to worship God in a christian home and know believing Him have help many other. Mind you i am committed but always full with doubt of existence of God.
Help my dying faith

Five thousand people are seeking admission into a particular course, only fifty five of you are needed on merit and you are praying to to give you admission over the others? What was your score? What was the cut off mark? Did you make the cut off mark? Is God the person in the institution offering admission?
Someone like you will not last in atheism before returning to Christianity. You know why? Whenever you finally get admission, you will come back and say, God has given me admission and I am no more an atheist. Prolly in the future whenever things get worse again, you will return to atheism. Hmm.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by 0temSapien: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
Martinez19:
Just like people thank god after a doctor performs a successful operation on them, they thank god when they overcome problems by their own strength. What about those who are not lucky as they are? Religion is actually not a good thing. It has drawn us back as a specie. Religion has to go. Humans can achieve order even without religion all they need is a good government and strict rules that are always enforced.
Here is what will happen when more thinkers are rising up in Nigeria to make the law stronger and to enforce it
DOCTUFOS: Brainites 11: 1-10

Chapter Eleven
1. When the thinkers in Negre discovered that those who ruled do not fear the law, they said, we must make the law very strong and defend it.
2. Now a homo named Bayo said to the people, the masses must have a say in the matter of the nation.
3. They should be given voices to speak. Therefore, he and many other people who studied the law of the land began to be advocates for the masses.
4. When the pastors saw this, they knew that the things which they benefited from corrupt leaders will no more be forthcoming.
5. So they said to their followers, if you do not fear those who rule over you, how will you fear Yahweh your god?
6. So fear your rulers and fear your god also. Do not criticise whatever they do because it is the will of Yahweh for them to be rulers.
7. The brainites criticised the things which the pastors confessed and they said, it is the right of the masses to speak against the evil done in their land.
8. The pastors knew that if the brain users continuously rule the land, some laws shall be made which shall not suit them.
9. So they fought hard to see that only religious people got to the places of position in the land.
10. So the pastors began to encourage their members to join politics and to seek higher positions in it.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Dannyfan(m): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:

Five thousand people are seeking admission into a particular course, only fifty five of you are needed on merit and you are praying to to give you admission over the others? What was your score? What was the cut off mark? Did you make the cut off mark? Is God the person in the institution offering admission?
Someone like you will not last in atheism before returning to Christianity. You know why? Whenever you finally get admission, you will come back and say, God has given me admission and I am no more an atheist. Prolly in the future whenever things get worse again, you will return to atheism. Hmm.
need a word of comfort wheda God exist. I hv actually got admitted to study civil engineering, without any prayer but last year i was admitted on merit by jamb but not d school wen i was going to church every wednesday for vigil m praying, so i want an explanation for dat coincidence n basing it on d existence of God.
So atheism is a party dat we can n switching abi bcus i dont understand u
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Martinez19(m): 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:

Here is what will happen when more thinkers are rising up in Nigeria to make the law stronger and to enforce it
hmm true talk. Nevertheless, we can still live in order without.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by shadeyinka(m): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
Martinez19:
keep deceiving yourself, if a father is rich, I mean stinkingly rich, it will show on the children. The same can't be said of your God.
Unfortunately, my post wasn't a response to you or your demons (I don't have time for them). The response was meant for Dannyfan and I clearly wasn't referring to you.

Talk about your own god and leave my God out of it, its none of your business who He is and how He deals with me!
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by 0temSapien: 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
Dannyfan:
need a word of comfort wheda God exist. I hv actually got admitted to study civil engineering, without any prayer but last year i was admitted on merit by jamb but not d school wen i was going to church every wednesday for vigil m praying, so i want an explanation for dat coincidence n basing it on d existence of God.

Look inward for God. Note, my definition of God is not Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun, Eshu, etc. Rather, God is that consciousness. That energy, that matter, that existence and everything which is inherent in everyone and you don't need to pray to any god or believe in any god before good or bad things happen to good or bad people. All you need to do is to continue doing what you can do best as you await your heart desires. Note that prayers are just wishes of our minds and whenever they come to pass, it is by the power of coincidence. If they do not come to pass, we move on. I didn't get admission into the university the days I was praying about it, I got it when I didn't even care. You don't really need prayers to get things done, all you need is the change of methods of study and hardwork, but some people use connections and long legs too.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Martinez19(m): 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
shadeyinka:

Unfortunately, my post wasn't a response to you or your demons (I don't have time for them). The response was meant for Dannyfan and I clearly wasn't referring to you.

Talk about your own god and leave my God out of it, its none of your business who He is and how He deals with me!
I don't believe in Satan or demons.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by 0temSapien: 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
Martinez19:
hmm true talk. Nevertheless, we can still live in order without.
yeah, without religion we will even be more orderly. Let it start from us.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Martinez19(m): 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
0temSapien:
yeah, without religion we will even be more orderly. Let it start from us.
gbam.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by shadeyinka(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Dannyfan:

You don't need prayer to succeed in life.
But what profits a man who gains the whole world but looses his soul!?

Pls ask yourself the question what some people stand to gain by doing all to convince you that God is fictitious!

If God doesn't exist, then it must be possible to design ones life and destiny. Like, is it possible for me to decide to be a millionaire at 25? You will know that all who succeeded to become millionaires before the age of 25 had it by being in the right place at the right time, connecting with the right people at the right time and having the right resources at the right time.

So in life, a Secretary can become the richest woman in Nigeria (Mrs Alakija). A soldier can become a Billionaire (Gen Babangida). An errand boy can become a Governor (Rochas Okorocha) etc.

Success isn't by smartness or had work or skill. Whether you pray or not life will continue and swing towards failure or success. Your duty is to swim against the tide as if everything depend on you and pray knowing that you don't have control nor can you guarantee anything
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by shadeyinka(m): 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
Martinez19:
I don't believe in Satan or demons.
He believes in You as you are part of his strings of puppets and errand boys.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by raphieMontella: 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
funny man @the above comment
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
raphieMontella:
dannyfan, religiosity has absolutely no effect on education....
I was an atheist before I gained admission into the uni...tho now,I'm a deist...

The Christian God you seek has never existed...channel your energy to something more productive
religion is the foundation of knowledge, only those who don't know history would argue. The best university in d world today (havard) started out with the vision to train clergymen. Mr Harvard who willed his wealth to the institution was a clergyman
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by 0temSapien: 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
salvation101:
religion is the foundation of knowledge, only those who don't know history would argue. The best university in d world today (havard) started out with the vision to train clergymen. Mr Harvard who willed his wealth to the institution was a clergyman
Philosophy and not religion, is the foundation of scientific knowledge. Religion gives more of false knowledge than of the truth, pls stop lying.

1 Like

Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2017
Dannyfan:
Help my dying faith

Briefly ponder the arguments for God in these 2 threads.

https://www.nairaland.com/3218192/atheists-come-see-most-powerful

https://www.nairaland.com/2353987/three-arguments-gods-existence

Read up and mention me in your reply. I will also take care to focus in the argument for God ftom design in living things since it is possible you are misled by evolution. That theory is false. The same with abiogenesis. Read a few critiques here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3435018/facts-stand-against-evolution
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by raphieMontella: 3:19am On Dec 05, 2017
salvation101:

lol, what a non sequitur.

religion the foundation of knowledge?
yeah right, talking donkeys and snakes.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2017
raphieMontella:

lol, what a non sequitur.

religion the foundation of knowledge?
yeah right, talking donkeys and snakes.
dat is a great misconception.. Just Google d role of religion in civilization. Read about The father of modern science galileo Galilee, isaac newton etc.. Infact winner01 has a thread where he mentioned each field of science and those who formes or contributed most to it.. Even in today Nigeria, the best secondary school (loyola Jesuit) is run by religious folks, and covenant nd other Christian institutions that is just few years old r already leaving our mainstream institutions behind. Its only those who don't know anything about history dat would deny the fact that religion is foundation for knowledge.
Re: My Faith Turning To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 05, 2017
What you need is a personal spiritual encounter. Its a phase, and a good one at that. Christianity will merely be a tradition until have a deep personal walk with the Lord Jesus via the gospel. i am talking about a heart faith not just a head faith (mental assent). Head Faith dissapears in the face of trials, temptations and hardship.
I had head faith until i experienced God in the dusty lands of Maiduguri. When trials came. So much emptiness. Then my heart cried out for more than the traditional going to church because my parents said i should.
Then i experienced a personal visitation from the Lord and his Joy filled my soul. Now praying is no longer the boring routine it use to be, bible study that was a sleeping pill is so so exciting. Church that was annoying is now the most exciting place i long to be aside being alone with the Lord and other brethren- the fellowship of God's people- that's actually what church is ( Ive even travelled to attend conferences Lol) and i'm grateful i experienced that time of soul searching questions.
It made me take off the mask, when i did, I saw the Substance. Go on, wait on God in prayers, Ask the Lord to reveal himself to you. Tell him to take you beyond the veil into his Holy Place. When David experienced this, he said," better is a day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere".
Now, im thankful to God, i'm thankful i for my experience in Maiduguri. By the way, you dont need to travel to Maiduguri o! God can meet you wherever you are as long as you're thirsty for him and call on him.
God bless you bro. I'll hear your testimony.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Copied Who?(bible And Quran) / Game Of Thrones- Is There A Religious Subtext Here? / The 6 Raunchiest, Most Depraved Sex Acts (from The Bible)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.