Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

#EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping (38447 Views)

Oyegun Backs Call For Oshiomhole’s Resignation, Says Lacks Temperament / At Long Last Buhari Backs Call For True Federalism? / Senate Backs Buhari On Babachir Lawal’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by crafteck(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

sars has done alot for me, if not for them, ph will be worst today

leave sars alone, they do more good than bad

all these people talking against them are fraudsters looking for freedom roam without fear

i trust nigerian government sha, nothing will happen, but lets be honest, other dept of police force have done more harm than sars but una no talk because they are easily bribe able, even people wen no get anything, no car, house or money dey tag #endsars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

plenty people no get sense
[img]https://media./images/d4ed531ccc5fa7c9a1f62c0414dddae5/tenor.gif[/img]

Theyve taken lifes, what good can outweigh that.... Shut up

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by 2shure: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
men
those sars guys go be omila
kidnapping.
like they said
new wine
old bottle

if they scrap sars..efcc go full road o.
dem sef go geh dia own sars..wich wee be efcc sars
watch as efcc starts busting clubs
roadside blocks
bursting cafes
ppls aouses
start searching ppls phones
if they scrap sars
robbery go be times ten o
unlimited
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by GoodGovernance: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
Junk Journalism!

The body of the story does not depict the headline.

We were told the matter had been refered to the senate ad-hoc committe.

How does the opinion of one or two senators represent the overall decision of the senate?

SMH undecided

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
SARS your end is closed!! grin grin grin what a way to start Xmas!! At least dose daft idiots won't ask me why I av Xmas tree in my trunk!! Dem fit say Na weed tree!!! grin grin grin !! School dropouts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to slap her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the issue to their village elders but if the neighbours refuse to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Amaaf(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2017
Abudu2000:
may u or your family member fall victim to Sars brutality in Jesus name , Amen!!!

A BIG Amen to that.
The guy has never experienced or seen their barbaric ways of handling people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by mrcrabs(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
kay29000:
Okay. Funny I have never had issues with this SARS people. Maybe cos I drink with the ones in my area, and know most of them.

The day they will turn on you. That is when your eye will clear. They re not ur friend and can never be your friend.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
Because SARS does not discriminate in their extortion, brutality and killings.

Bevista:
A take away from the #EndSARS campaign is a demonstration of People Power. When a people are truly United in their demands, the Leaders are always forced to listen. Once there is tribal or religious posturing, then leaders find a loophole to exploit for their divide and rule tactics.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by motikorede: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
okachie1:
...truth be told this guys doesn't represent anything civil in the way they carry out their job. Apart from looking very dirty and crude in their appearance they are more or less likely to kill someone extra-judiciously if not given their way(bribe on sight) faster than a soldier waging way against boko haram.

Most times you see them hiding on the dark alleys way-laying people who are coming back late at night under the pretense they are doing stop and search, thereby giving them the avenue to harass and intimidate people into parting with their money.#Endsars

SARS guys are simply crude. they dont belong to our modern society.

We Nigerians are not only stupid , we are so ignorant and selfish that we don't see danger in things we decide on sometimes .
Buhari had said it last week . Here in Nigeria , everyone is innocent . No one is guilty until found innocent , and till then , that person is free not minding the time until when the real truth be revealed , thereby criminals roam freely.
we keep giving a clarion call for a corruption free country . How can that happen when we ourselves support corruption and crime everyday .
Instead of seeing the auspices embodied in this unit ( SARS ) , our focus are on the bad side .
Day by day , our country gets inundated with different atrocities which had not only tarnished and dent our image but also propelling us to the 3rd most terrorized country in the world .... Why
We complain , maunder and whine about everything , yet we are not helping issue at all . Instead of acknowledging them ( EFCC , ICPC , SARS , POLICE , DSS ) ... We rather blame and sanction them for doing their executive duty.
Until we change our ideas and view about things in this country . We will forever remain very stupid .

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by andycom(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
It shall not be well with anybody who succeeds in scrapping SARS. Nigerians no get sense at all. Scrap it and see the surge in crime, yahoo boys and cultist. These sars a doing a very good job and they are here to stay.

the other day, someone advised you to be yourself stop trying to someone else. it seems your brain is leaking.

Boy go and get a life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nosaghae(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

all these people talking against them are fraudsters looking for freedom roam without fear

i trust nigerian government sha, nothing will happen, but lets be honest, other dept of police force have done more harm than sars but una no talk because they are easily bribe able, even people wen no get anything, no car, house or money dey tag #endsars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who be this Zombie again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to slap her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the issue to their village elders but if the neighbours refuse to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
you have been noticed, now crawl back under your mother's bed with your second hand cheap computer. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Xmen149(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
scrap it or convert it to a sort of swat and make it mandatory they can only appear at a place when emergency has been reported(emergency response) not standing on the road or walking round the street like lost goats.

Soon we will start seeing CID mounting road block too,.nonsence

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Bizibi(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
It shall not be well with anybody who succeeds in scrapping SARS. Nigerians no get sense at all. Scrap it and see the surge in crime, yahoo boys and cultist. These sars a doing a very good job and they are here to stay.
eyah!!! Sorry ehh,don't worry peace corp is available fr you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by kby: 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
The problem is not about SARS as a unit but the whole police force as a body. I sometimes wonder the criteria used to recruit police officers. Majority are largely illiterates who do not understand what their work entail. The force should be repositioned, and standard of recruitment should be set very high.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Mysselff2: 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

See them see them
Port Harcourt ballot box snatchers or SARS person on nairaland as these are the only two sets of people who SARS has helped in PH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by famzynet: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
SARS are criminals who boldly intimidate Nigerians.

#End SARS.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Martin0(m): 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:

Na wa ooo,why u go jus talk something like this
Hian Nna eh mehn dey life oo
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Martin0(m): 8:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:

Well dem don notice u sha,carry on..
No need to talk abt this coz that not what on ground
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by larryUG(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:

U are either a SARS officer terrorist or u are their informant. Otule

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

how can someone's child just grow up to become an embodiment of reproach,disgusts, rancor and absolute sadness. MayGod not give us children that will bring us such remarks...In Jesus and any other thing u believe names,Amen...Amin,Iseeeeees,Aseeeee...Humhummmmm!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Martin0(m): 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
I feel ashamed..
Who established this SARS before now? And now the Senate wanna look into it
Hian na wa ooo nigeria is a street take it or leav it
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
larryUG:

U are either a SARS officer terrorist or u are their informant. Otule
dat nuisance has been self inflicting since yesterday...Because he is a direct benefactor of the legal robbery of cash and gadjets...The blood of the innocent souls killed is also a source of temporary gratification for his disturbed psychotic soul..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by aspirebig: 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
#endmutipledefencefees in Delsu loading....

The school authorities are just asking the postgraduates students to keep paying multiple defence fees...

As M.sc or PhD student in Delsu....Delta State University. ....you keep paying money ...fees upon fees...some students are reading for M.sc for the past five years .. the school keep charging them different fees ....they keep paying multiple school fees. .. the program that supposed to be 24 months is now for 5 years and many people are scared to talk ....

Please share this ...through all channels of social media till it gets to the Senate......

..the school authorities are exploiting the students... this is totally wrong. ..

The school should allow students to graduate peacefully. ..the lecturers and PG authorities are making money out of the PG students ...

Right now students are asked to pay another N100k forM.sc Oral defence and N50k was paid in September for the same M.sc Oral defence...their strategy is to threaten the students that if you don't pay.... you will lose your admission and studentship ....or you will pay another school fees.....many lecturers are against these fees but cannot talk ....these are students that have been reading for M.sc for the past 5 to 6 years .....
...same with PhD students. ..

Please share....
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by donjahsy(m): 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

you sounded like your father heads a dept in SARS and when scrapped you will go hungry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by AishaBuhari: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
motikorede:

We Nigerians are not only stupid , we are so ignorant and selfish that we don't see danger in things we decide on sometimes .
Buhari had said it last week . Here in Nigeria , everyone is innocent . No one is guilty until found innocent , and till then , that person is free not minding the time until when the real truth be revealed , thereby criminals roam freely.
we keep giving a clarion call for a corruption free country . How can that happen when we ourselves support corruption and crime everyday .
Instead of seeing the auspices embodied in this unit ( SARS ) , our focus are on the bad side .
Day by day , our country gets inundated with different atrocities which had not only tarnished and dent our image but also propelling us to the 3rd most terrorized country in the world .... Why
We complain , maunder and whine about everything , yet we are not helping issue at all . Instead of acknowledging them ( EFCC , ICPC , SARS , POLICE , DSS ) ... We rather blame and sanction them for doing their executive duty.
Until we change our ideas and view about things in this country . We will forever remain very stupid .
Just can't imagine that I wasted my precious time reading this annoying crap undecided

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by aspirebig: 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
#endmutipledefencefees in Delsu loading....

The school authorities are just asking the postgraduates students to keep paying multiple defence fees...

As M.sc or PhD student in Delsu....Delta State University. ....you keep paying money ...fees upon fees...some students are reading for M.sc for the past five years .. the school keep charging them different fees ....they keep paying multiple school fees. .. the program that supposed to be 24 months is now for 5 years and many people are scared to talk ....

Please share this ...through all channels of social media till it gets to the Senate......

..the school authorities are exploiting the students... this is totally wrong. ..

The school should allow students to graduate peacefully. ..the lecturers and PG authorities are making money out of the PG students ...
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by slavemerchant: 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

You are a member of the squad, we know your type
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Maydfourth: 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Let soldiers take up the work of SARS...Na my opinion oooo...SARS is a menace....Restructuring or scrapping ...

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
opribo:
If they end SARS with the insecurity level in the country we will all run away from Naija O. What they need is a total restructure and reorientation of the minds of the officers in SARS.

They are to go after armed robbers not unarmed civilians. Just saying my own.
thank u For ur advice...We all know the meaning of the big big grammar and knw how to use them...But we don't need them...Since we have been hearing international best practices upandan it has never translated to anything in our everyday society...rule of law also has been reduced to a mere slogan...Please oga carry those grammar keep...Leave it at #EndSars#
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by megama: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

What is the job of the Police Force?
tightinn
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by petbam: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
The blood of innocent souls that have been shed by this wicked org. called SARS shall be upon u and your entire generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife / Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad / APC Chairmanship Aspirant, Others Die In Boat Accident On Way To Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.