Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

#EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping (38446 Views)

Oyegun Backs Call For Oshiomhole’s Resignation, Says Lacks Temperament / At Long Last Buhari Backs Call For True Federalism? / Senate Backs Buhari On Babachir Lawal’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by prechking(m): 11:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
SARS has lost its way, lost the vision for which it was created. The way SARS afflicts Nigerian youths, even the devil is learning. Retweet to
#EndSARS
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Shelloween:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the girl has no right to slap her boyfriend in public. Maybe they should report the issue to their village elders but if the neighbours refuse to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
motikorede:

Yes I have seen them. As a matter of fact am one of them . The way we see things differ frm each other . Instead of total eradication of SARS , why not discuss and plan ways of mitigating this problems and proffering alternative solutions which will benefit us all
though some might be good cos I believe that the way u sound u might be good bot 95% of dem are evil mehn
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Rapmoney(m): 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
It shall not be well with anybody who succeeds in scrapping SARS. Nigerians no get sense at all. Scrap it and see the surge in crime, yahoo boys and cultist. These sars a doing a very good job and they are here to stay.
I have discovered that you move from one thread to another, trying to aimlessly defend SARS! How much were you paid? You better look for a job. Dis one wey you dey do no be job.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Arckeen: 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
Endsars!!! Even if possible we go end SARS on d beatz grin grin grin
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by adeolakemi: 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

sars has done alot for me, if not for them, ph will be worst today

leave sars alone, they do more good than bad

all these people talking against them are fraudsters looking for freedom roam without fear

i trust nigerian government sha, nothing will happen, but lets be honest, other dept of police force have done more harm than sars but una no talk because they are easily bribe able, even people wen no get anything, no car, house or money dey tag #endsars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

plenty people no get sense
[img]https://media./images/d4ed531ccc5fa7c9a1f62c0414dddae5/tenor.gif[/img]
commenting as a SARS man abi it must be scrapped by fire by force
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by eflintsone(m): 12:01am On Dec 06, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
It shall not be well with anybody who succeeds in scrapping SARS. Nigerians no get sense at all. Scrap it and see the surge in crime, yahoo boys and cultist. These sars a doing a very good job and they are here to stay.
what is coming out of your mouth oga ?? you wont tell me u dnt knw sars have done more evil than good yet you are here saying crap , your uncle ,father or friend wey dey feed you dey work for sars ??
which useless good job dem dey do ?? killing unArmed youth is a good job ?? answer me pls
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Wizipro09(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2017
undecidedWhere is the president,is he waiting till dy kill a Fulani? Where are our Senators?if na to drag allowances now dem go carry first!
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by motikorede: 12:02am On Dec 06, 2017
Drlilprinz:
though some might be good cos I believe that the way u sound u might be good bot 95% of dem are evil mehn

If we Nigerians can only try and sit at a round table and discuss , rather than pointing fingers , quarreling , and bring jingoistic , we would be better of . Two wrong doesn't make right .
We need to hear each other out to see disadvantages and auspicious sides of this issue.
To remove the bad eggs in the unit ( SARS ) is not the big deal, doing it in the right and correct way where everyone will enjoy peace in tranquility matters most .
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by okachie1(m): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2017
motikorede:

We Nigerians are not only stupid , we are so ignorant and selfish that we don't see danger in things we decide on sometimes .
Buhari had said it last week . Here in Nigeria , everyone is innocent . No one is guilty until found innocent , and till then , that person is free not minding the time until when the real truth be revealed , thereby criminals roam freely.
we keep giving a clarion call for a corruption free country . How can that happen when we ourselves support corruption and crime everyday .
Instead of seeing the auspices embodied in this unit ( SARS ) , our focus are on the bad side .
Day by day , our country gets inundated with different atrocities which had not only tarnished and dent our image but also propelling us to the 3rd most terrorized country in the world .... Why
We complain , maunder and whine about everything , yet we are not helping issue at all . Instead of acknowledging them ( EFCC , ICPC , SARS , POLICE , DSS ) ... We rather blame and sanction them for doing their executive duty.
Until we change our ideas and view about things in this country . We will forever remain very stupid .

Hello @Motikorede stop bringing in politics to a salient issue at stake here bro. While u are entitled to your opinion about the gestepo-like operation style of Sars I hope (Don't pray really) you encounter this boys in black yourself or anyone dear to you.

Perhaps, you should then be in a better position to feel the pains/out cries of the victims of these boys in black only then will you understand better. #endsars
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

all these people talking against them are fraudsters looking for freedom roam without fear

i trust nigerian government sha, nothing will happen, but lets be honest, other dept of police force have done more harm than sars but una no talk because they are easily bribe able, even people wen no get anything, no car, house or money dey tag #endsars cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Listen to yourself again, so it's the constitutional responsibility of SARS to arrest FRAUDSTERS? What are ICPC and EFCC meant for?
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:16am On Dec 06, 2017
opribo:
If they end SARS with the insecurity level in the country we will all run away from Naija O. What they need is a total restructure and reorientation of the minds of the officers in SARS.

They are to go after armed robbers not unarmed civilians. Just saying my own.

They know what their job description is, they deliberately do otherwise to extort pple.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by motikorede: 1:02am On Dec 06, 2017
okachie1:

Hello @Motikorede stop bringing in politics to a salient issue at stake here bro. While u are entitled to your opinion about the gestepo-like operation style of Sars I hope (Don't pray really) you encounter this boys in black yourself or anyone dear to you.

Perhaps, you should then be in a better position to feel the pains/out cries of the victims of these boys in black only then will you understand better. #endsars

Fine this unit ( SARS ) had caused a lot of mayhem and atrocities outside there . but , should that open them to abolishment .
To me , SARS operations are unbridled because their parent unit ( POLICE ) had been repressive and noncommittal to the issue. The police should be the one to caution and lay down rules for it's different subsisting units so they don't go uncouth.
Instead of eradicating SARS completely , why not raise a petition against to reshuffle this department (SARS ) and take away some of its power , which can Include
1. Total ban from punishing or torturing any suspect. They should be referred to another department .
2. Any SARS official caught or found guilty of extortion be sanctioned and sacked
3. No public harassment .
4. They should have a uniform like the police.
5. The issue of fraudulent activities shouldn't be their call. Should be left with EFCC

If this measure and guild line can only be implored and injected to this issue of #EndSARS , it will bear good results

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by okachie1(m): 1:11am On Dec 06, 2017
motikorede:

Fine this unit ( SARS ) had caused a lot of mayhem and atrocities outside there . but , should that open them to abolishment .
To me , SARS operations are unbridled because their parent unit ( POLICE ) had been repressive and noncommittal to the issue. The police should be the one to caution and lay down rules for it's different subsisting units so they don't go uncouth.
Instead of eradicating SARS completely , why not raise a petition against to reshuffle this department (SARS ) and take away some of its power , which can Include
1. Total ban from punishing or torturing any suspect. They should be referred to another department .
2. Any SARS official caught or found guilty of extortion be sanctioned and sacked
3. No public harassment .
4. They should have a uniform like the police.
5. The issue of fraudulent activities shouldn't be their call. Should be left with EFCC

If this measure and guild line can only be implored and injected to this issue of #EndSARS , it will bear good results

Good thought from you bro! Now you're talking perhaps, you're still saying or need I say concurring with me that their way of operation doesn't belong to th modern society?

If they can be made to abide by the above suggestions you raised apparently no one will complain about them talk less of campaigning for their disbandment.

The guys ain't got chills at all!!
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by bellotaofeek: 2:28am On Dec 06, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
MAy SARS fall on you and your family before the end of this year. Then you know whatsup
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by koolaid87: 4:16am On Dec 06, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:

It shall not be well with you and your generation.

Extra judicial killing and other atrocities by SARS sounds cool to you because of your mental illness but not to us.

It is the duty of the Nigerian police to put in place a department to tackle crimes and other vices in the society. So eradicating SARS(the above the law crew) will bring about a fresh folks who will operate, respecting and honoring the laws of the land.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by SenorFax(m): 5:29am On Dec 06, 2017
Sars go wear short knicker, round neck and bullet proof vest for road, looking like arm robbers.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by BTT(m): 5:40am On Dec 06, 2017
id911:

Those useless people called SARS flogged me in Lagos recently without doing anything to provoke them. The vehicle I was driving stopped suddenly on the road, was trying to find solution to it but in the twinkling of an eye, I got hit several times by those bastards accusing me of obstructing traffic.They even threatened me with a rifle. I don't understand what their job descriptions are

I have nothing against them though. From my observation, members of Nigeria Security Forces are unruly, untrained and largely illiterates. It's a pity

You see the way we reason in this country, somebody metes out inhumane and extra judicial affliction against you when you were in need of help and you still don't have anything against him!
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Driis: 6:14am On Dec 06, 2017
Theses people have to get their priorities straight......these sars officials Harrass virtually anybody they perceive they can extort from and most of these things are criminal acts,how can you force someone to the ATM........if they can't scrap them they should be oriented on what their job is,sometimes I fear it's not possible because they're still in the police force
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by ernesterioo(f): 6:33am On Dec 06, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
You are a great fool, I guess you haven't experience any incidence with them
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Abudu2000(m): 6:33am On Dec 06, 2017
NwaChibuzor33:
I got over 200likes for the plain short prayer I made for u. Hope u learned ur lesson not to even type without thinking Online, ode!!!
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Ishola87(m): 6:41am On Dec 06, 2017
For me I can't never forget the day SARS came to our shop to embarrass me and my brother concerned Tokunbo we have been carry up and down for like 2months to painting. They even wanna slap my brother and they were requested for the cars key because it latest car in town. But by God grace and people around with different type of insult from them. They leave us. I can never forget insult we have come across from them. For me we need to take things easy for ourselves no matter the post we may Hold because of tomorrow. Behave well if you are in high position for better tomorrow which is your future .
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by theMEGAman(m): 7:03am On Dec 06, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

my dear sars are devil and criminals in police uniform. may be you are one of their informant and your receiving your own share from after their evil work that's why your supporting them because you don't want to loose the source of your illegal income.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Hedonistically: 7:13am On Dec 06, 2017
motikorede:

I see that you exude vague bellicosity . Mind you I don't argue with grumpy individuals , we will never comprehend each other point of view plus they will be insults.
I believe that if you have a brother , who work in SARS and coincidentally happen to be your family's bread winner , you will never support the motion #EndSARS .
In addition , if SARS got scraped , corruption will get intensed in this country . Instead of placing a ban on this unit ( SARS ) , why not train and limit their powers. if a comprise is reach here , the results will be such an aplomb to Nigeria and it citizens at large .

Get lost, you bloody senseless idiot. Since you can't address the core issue I raised, but instead you're resorting to sentimental nonsense (brother working in SARS bla bla bla, what rubbish), then you're hopelessly incorrigible. You think this SARS' barbarism is child's play?

Dot quote me again. Idiot. Animals like you is the reason why lawlessness prevails in Nigeria.
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Gracesofar(m): 7:51am On Dec 06, 2017
Bad idea. Pple will still come back to complain of increased armed robbery attack. Two wrongs does not make a right
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by loganx: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2017
ok, how about calls to scrap the senate
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by id911(m): 8:25am On Dec 06, 2017
BTT:

You see the way we reason in this country, somebody metes out inhumane and extra judicial affliction against you when you were in need of help and you still don't have anything against him!

My brother, weti I go do? This country self don tire me

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by demefa(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

The Army have done more harm too
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Obec70(m): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2017
Let the effected SARS officers be apprehended and be made to face the music, enough is enough!
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by motikorede: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2017
Hedonistically:

Get lost, you bloody senseless idiot. Since you can't address the core issue I raised, but instead you're resorting to sentimental nonsense (brother working in SARS bla bla bla, what rubbish), then you're hopelessly incorrigible. You think this SARS' barbarism is child's play?

Dot quote me again. Idiot. Animals like you is the reason why lawlessness prevails in Nigeria.

Well , I see no point in arguing with you anymore . But , get this fact straight .yoruba will say , " one fire wood is bad , we remove it , another is smoky , we remove it ... When will the food get done " ....
Am sorry I went sentimental , but you should have exuded magnanimity and maturity in your reply .
If we start liquidating agency like SARS , who will then tackle the insidious grotesques in our country . Instead of placing outright ban on them ( SARS ) , why not resort to take proactive measures on them like reducing their powers .
They should be restricted from torturing and extorting money from civilians . They should also be ban from public harassment....
By doing this , staffs won't be rendered jobless and civilian will also be at peace .
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by toolovely(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2017
iamJ:
nigerians eh

we over do things

thats because you never enter their wahala.
my younger sister went to Rumuola to buy a Phone charger, saw two of her male friends at the junction, they stood and chatting, these SARS picked them up and claimed that they are cultists. 3 of them had to pay 30k to bail themselves for commiting no crime
Re: #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
motikorede:

If we Nigerians can only try and sit at a round table and discuss , rather than pointing fingers , quarreling , and bring jingoistic , we would be better of . Two wrong doesn't make right .
We need to hear each other out to see disadvantages and auspicious sides of this issue.
To remove the bad eggs in the unit ( SARS ) is not the big deal, doing it in the right and correct way where everyone will enjoy peace in tranquility matters most .
lol sounds funny... How d u think it would works in Nigeria. Since removing the bad egg is not the big deal, then I wonder what is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Releases List Of Authorized Siren Users / ImoAt40: Okorocha Celebrates Past Governors / Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.